Hertfordshire County Council Reviews

Updated Jan 25, 2022

Found 154 of over 163 reviews

4.1
Hertfordshire County Council Chief Executive Owen Mapley (no image)
Owen Mapley
Pros
  • "Great employee benefits with Smart and Flexible Working(in 18 reviews)

• "Work life balance is guaranteed(in 16 reviews)

• Cons
  • "low pay in comparison to other employers(in 8 reviews)

• "Slow system, low salary, too much workload(in 6 reviews)

• More Pros and Cons
    Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.
    1. 5.0

Great for progression

Jan 25, 2022 - Anonymous Employee
      Business Outlook

Pros

Lots of opportunities at such a large organisation

Cons

As a local authority, salaries are strict and can be low.

Digital Media Officer

Thank you for leaving us a review, we are glad to hear you feel that at Hertfordshire County Council there is ‘lots of opportunities at such a large organisation’. We are sorry to hear that you feel that the ‘salaries are strict and can be low’. If you wish to discuss this further, we encourage you to contact us by emailing: hr.recruitmentorders@hertfordshire.gov.uk. Any communication will be treated in strictest confidence. We look forward to hearing from you.

2. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 10 years

Great employee support

Jan 11, 2022 - Anonymous Employee
      Business Outlook

Pros

As is often the case with public sector, the salaries may not match private sector, but great package of support and benefits - range of salary sacrifice/savings/ good pension/ great learning and development offer and CPD.

Cons

Some heads of service are not quite on board with flexible working/family friendly work practices and obstruct requests for this

Digital Media Officer

Thank you for leaving us a review, we are glad to hear you feel at Hertfordshire County Council that there is a ‘great package of support and benefits - range of salary sacrifice/savings/ good pension/ great learning and development offer and CPD’. We are sorry to hear that you feel that ‘some heads of service are not quite on board with flexible working/family friendly work practices and obstruct requests for this’. If you wish to discuss this further, we encourage you to contact us by emailing: hr.recruitmentorders@hertfordshire.gov.uk. Any communication will be treated in strictest confidence. We look forward to hearing from you.

3. 4.0
      Current Employee, more than 10 years

A job for life

Jan 21, 2022 - Anonymous Employee
      Business Outlook

Pros

If you show a commitment to the organisation, work hard and flexibly, you’ll be noticed and they will invest in you.

Cons

Resource struggles and usual government bureaucracy madness.

Continue reading

Digital Media Officer

Thank you for leaving us a review, we are glad to hear you feel that at Hertfordshire County Council ‘if you show a commitment to the organisation, work hard and flexibly, you’ll be noticed and they will invest in you'. We are sorry to hear that you feel that there are ‘resource struggles and usual government bureaucracy madness’. If you wish to discuss this further, we encourage you to contact us by emailing: hr.recruitmentorders@hertfordshire.gov.uk. Any communication will be treated in strictest confidence. We look forward to hearing from you.

4. 5.0

Great employer

Dec 15, 2021 - Support Workers in Watford, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

Flexibility in working hours and good personal development opportunities

Cons

Sleep ins a few times every month, it's hard to unwind and recharge when you slept at work.

Digital Media Officer

Thank you for leaving us a review, we are glad to hear you feel at Hertfordshire County Council that there is ‘flexibility in working hours and good personal development opportunities’. We are sorry to hear that you feel that ‘it's hard to unwind and recharge when you slept at work’.

5. 4.0
      Current Employee

An interesting place to work

Dec 22, 2021 - Senior Property Manager in Hertford, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

Everyone is very welcoming and friendly.

Cons

The organisation is very large so it can feel like a game of Chinese whispers. There are very long and slow approval processes.

Digital Media Officer

Thank you for leaving us a review, we are glad to hear you feel at Hertfordshire County Council that ‘everyone is very welcoming and friendly’. We are sorry to hear that you feel that ‘the organisation is very large so it can feel like a game of Chinese whispers. There are very long and slow approval processes’. If you wish to discuss this further, we encourage you to contact us by emailing: hr.recruitmentorders@hertfordshire.gov.uk. Any communication will be treated in strictest confidence. We look forward to hearing from you.

6. 5.0
      Former Employee, more than 1 year

fab

Dec 7, 2021 - Administrative Assistant in Ware, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

fab place to work.cheer and

Cons

none that I can think of

Digital Media Officer

Thank you for leaving us a review, we are glad to hear you feel that Hertfordshire County Council is a ‘fab place to work’.

7. 2.0
      Current Employee, more than 1 year

Badly run school

Nov 17, 2021 - Teacher in Elstree, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

Easy to get a higher salary

Cons

Revolving door of teachers Lack of safeguarding for students and staff No junior staff development

Digital Media Officer

We are sorry to hear about your experience with Hertfordshire County Council. As such, we would very much wish to discuss the matter further, and would encourage you to contact us by emailing: hr.recruitmentorders@hertfordshire.gov.uk. Any communication will be treated in strict confidence. We look forward to hearing from you.

8. 4.0
      Current Employee, more than 5 years

Public Health

Nov 5, 2021 - Anonymous Employee
      Business Outlook

Pros

Great department to work for in HCC. They help you progress your career and give you support to continue developing professionally. Most poeple are very friendly an helpful.

Cons

Some big egos to contend with.

Digital Media Officer

Thank you for leaving us a review, we are glad to hear you feel at Hertfordshire County Council that Public Health is a ‘great department to work for in HCC. They help you progress your career and give you support to continue developing professionally. Most people are very friendly an helpful.’. We are sorry to hear that you feel that there is ‘some big egos to contend with.’. If you wish to discuss this further, we encourage you to contact us by emailing: hr.recruitmentorders@hertfordshire.gov.uk. Any communication will be treated in strictest confidence. We look forward to hearing from you.

9. 4.0
      Current Employee

Good

Nov 1, 2021 - Complimentary Therapist in Norwich, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

Great experience working with this company

Cons

None. Great flexibility with family commitments

Digital Media Officer

Thank you for leaving us a review, we are glad to hear you feel at Hertfordshire County Council that you have had ‘Great experience working with this company’ and there is 'great flexibility with family commitments'.

10. 4.0
      Current Employee

Decent employer - improving terms and conditions

Oct 27, 2021 - Project Manager in Hertford, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

Good structure, support and pay very good.

Cons

Limited job opportunities within my field

Digital Media Officer

Thank you for leaving us a review, we are glad to hear you feel at Hertfordshire County Council that there is ‘Good structure, support and pay very good’. We are sorry to hear that you feel that there is ‘Limited job opportunities within my field’. If you wish to discuss this further, we encourage you to contact us by emailing: hr.recruitmentorders@hertfordshire.gov.uk. Any communication will be treated in strictest confidence. We look forward to hearing from you.

Viewing 1 - 10 of 154 Reviews