Highmark Health Reviews
62% would recommend to a friend
(1067 total reviews)
David L. Holmberg
70% approve of CEO
Top Review Highlights by Sentiment
Excerpts from user reviews, not authored by Glassdoor
- "Good benefits and will promote from within" (in 103 reviews)
- "Good pay and sales bonuses." (in 66 reviews)
- "Work from home is flexible when you may need to be away from the office." (in 53 reviews)
- "The people are great and extremely nice." (in 50 reviews)
- "it is good work life balance" (in 41 reviews)
- "4. Poor management." (in 56 reviews)
- "Poor leadership (and then promoting or rewarding them)." (in 30 reviews)
- "I think upper management is aware it is a problem, but appear to be slow and/or reluctant to address due to internal politics." (in 29 reviews)
- "Punishments are 'all or none' so that managers do not need to confront troublemakers." (in 23 reviews)
- "No training for the job." (in 19 reviews)
Found 1,067 of over 1K reviews
Updated 23 Nov 2023
- Most Recent
- Highest Rating
- Lowest Rating
- 1.02 Apr 2021CleanerCurrent Employee
bad to the point of
very nice co workers to work withHighmark Health Response3y
Thank you for your review of Highmark Health as a current Cleaner! We appreciate your feedback.
- 4.023 Nov 2023Customer Service AssociateFormer Employee, more than 1 yearPenn, PA
Benefits, Salary, Remote opportunities, educational advancements, promotions.
There are not any that stand out, it's no different than any other medical insurance company.
- 1.06 Nov 2023Data EntryCurrent Employee, more than 8 years
I've been with Highmark for almost 8 yrs now and up until recently I've enjoyed it. I was in a department where management cared about me and my well-being. They allowed incredible flexibility so you could make up time instead of using PTO for appointments.
They've been outsourcing our jobs overseas and have gutted the compassionate management. They have laid off over half the department in favor of overseas work. I used to feel very secure in my longevity here but now I just feel like another disposable piece of trash.6
- 2.021 Nov 2023Operations SupervisorFormer Employee, more than 3 yearsPittsburgh, PA
The people you work with are great
a lot of great leaders downsized in Febuary, May, June, October .
- 4.015 Nov 2023Customer Service RepresentativeFormer Employee, less than 1 yearPhiladelphia, PA
The company was wonderful, and kind and willing to work with you.
The work was very demanding and required you to know a lot of information and not have the best of pay
- 4.020 Nov 2023Quality AnalystFormer Employee, more than 1 yearPittsburgh, PA
-Management looks out for you -Pay -Benefits -PTO
Certain opportunities for growth can somewhat inefficient.
- 5.015 Nov 2023Lead Healthcare AnalystCurrent Employee, more than 3 yearsCleveland, OH
always welcomes technology advancements and new ideas
Constant reorganizations and changes in leadership
Highmark Health Reviews FAQs
Highmark Health has an overall rating of 3.6 out of 5, based on over 1,191 reviews left anonymously by employees. 62% of employees would recommend working at Highmark Health to a friend and 60% have a positive outlook for the business. This rating has decreased by -8% over the last 12 months.
62% of Highmark Health employees would recommend working there to a friend based on Glassdoor reviews. Employees also rated Highmark Health 3.7 out of 5 for work life balance, 3.4 for culture and values and 3.5 for career opportunities.