Highmark Health Employee Reviews about "work from home"

Updated Dec 10, 2020

Found 57 of over 832 reviews

4.0
Highmark Health President and CEO David L. Holmberg
David L. Holmberg
Pros
  • "Pay, life/work balance, work from home options(in 44 reviews)

• "Decent salary and good benefits(in 42 reviews)

• Cons
  • "Sometimes work life balance is hard(in 47 reviews)

• "Inflexible upper management, unrealistic expectations, workload can be extreme(in 26 reviews)

• More Pros and Cons
    Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.
    Talk anonymously with Healthcare professionals

Reviews about "work from home"

Return to all Reviews
    1. 5.0
      Current Employee

Good

Dec 1, 2020 - Actuarial Analyst in Camp Hill, PA
      Business Outlook

Pros

Great work life balance and great employees

Cons

Very slow advancement and not a great work from home policy

Talent Community Manager

It makes our day to receive your five-star recommendation of Highmark Health! We are so glad that you're enjoying the work/life balance and your coworkers. Thank you for your contributions and for being a part of the Highmark Health team! We want you to know that offering and supporting employee development is important to us and we encourage you to reach out to your Manager to learn how you can continue to develop and advance your career.

2. 3.0

Good company

Dec 10, 2020 - Operations Supervisor in Wilmington, DE
      Business Outlook

Pros

Work from home Benefits Tuition Reimbursement Insurance Commute

Cons

Salary Advancement Development Schedule No career growth

1 person found this review helpful

Talent Community Manager

Thank you for your review as a current Operations Supervisor at Highmark Health! We're glad to hear that you enjoyed the benefits, tuition reimbursement, and insurance. Please know that offering and supporting employee development is important to us. We encourage you to talk with your manager or HR about your concerns and how you can continue to advance your skills.

3. 5.0

Great place to work!

Nov 20, 2020 - Senior Project Management Analyst in Pittsburgh, PA
      Business Outlook

Pros

Pay, life/work balance, work from home options

Cons

There are no cons of working here.

Talent Community Manager

It makes our day to receive your five-star recommendation of Highmark Health! We are so glad that you're enjoying the work/life balance, compensation, and work from home options. Thank you for your contributions and for being a part of the Highmark Health team!

4. 5.0

Good company

Oct 15, 2020 - Team Manager in Pittsburgh, PA
      Business Outlook

Pros

Work from home, PTO, Leadership, training opportunities

Cons

Constant change across the organization. Re-orgs are a norm.

Talent Community Manager

It makes our day to receive your five-star recommendation of Highmark Health as a Team Manager! We're glad to hear of your positive experience. We value your concerns and will be sure to share your feedback internally as it helps us consider how we can improve the employee experience.

5. 1.0
      Former Employee, more than 10 years

Laid off

May 23, 2020 - IT Representative in Pittsburgh, PA
      Business Outlook

Pros

Honestly loved this company previously

Cons

Who lays off their whole operations team. Desktop, and call centers in the middle of a pandemic? Outsources us. Expects us to “re-apply” with 3rd party palmoroy to “maybe get rehired” bad company. Doesn’t care about their employees. Maybe senior management should take a pay cut in these such “hard times” instead of laying off a hundred of your hardest working front line IT workers that were “so essential” 4 weeks ago when we couldn’t work from home.

19 people found this review helpful
    6. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 3 years

Creative Manager

Oct 25, 2019 - Anonymous Employee in Pittsburgh, PA
      Business Outlook

Pros

Trusting environment, motivational seminars, ample opportunity for growth and persona development, growing diverse and inclusive culture, leadership that are invested in their employees, ability to work from home regularly, flexible schedules

Cons

Sometimes work life balance is hard

6 people found this review helpful

Talent Community Manager

We are thrilled to receive your five-star recommendation of Highmark Health as a Creative Manager! We are so glad you're enjoying your the work environment, opportunities for growth, flexibility and our culture! It's reviews like this that let us know we're on the right track. Thank you for your contributions and for being a part of the Highmark Health team!

7. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 3 years

Excellent employer

May 16, 2019 - Care Manager in Pittsburgh, PA
      Business Outlook

Pros

Great managers Work from home Flexible hours

Cons

Limit of $5k per year for tuition reimbursement

Talent Community Manager

It makes our day to receive your five-star recommendation of Highmark Health! We are so glad that you enjoy our work-life balance we offer and that you feel our management are providing our employees what they need to succeed.

8. 1.0
      Current Employee, more than 1 year

Unprofessional and unsupportive HR department

Mar 7, 2019 - Case Manager
      Business Outlook

Pros

ability to work from home

Cons

It's all about the numbers - "get them in and get them out"; little regard for quality care or outcomes.

12 people found this review helpful

Account Director

We appreciate your review and take it seriously. We value all employees and are always looking for ways to improve their experience with us. We will be sure to share this feedback internally.

9. 1.0

Big Brand But Poor Morale

Jan 31, 2019 - Applications Developer
      Business Outlook

Pros

Work from home flexibility (WFH)

Cons

No matter how many years you served the company or what higher or lower positions you were holding, if they decided to send you out, the next moment they treat you like a criminal or with no respect. The next second they will stop you to enter the floor and will collect your access badge, laptop. Even if you have to go inside to get your car keys and hand bag, its a strong nooooooooooooo. The team lead or the available mangers on the shift will only your car keys and purse. Rest they will mail you. In other IT companies your performance and appraisals are decided by different senior members in your project and your hard and smart work. But here, your appraisal is 100% decided on your rapport with your Manager. If your manager doesnt likes you, then you are out, no matter how talented you are, or how hard working you are or whether you have a phd.

15 people found this review helpful

Account Director

We appreciate your feedback. Know that we remain committed to encouraging a fulfilling and meaningful career for our employees. Since we take your concerns to heart, please reach out to your HR manager.

10. 1.0
      Current Employee, more than 5 years

Company and employee morale in tatters

Jan 26, 2019 - Systems Analyst in Pittsburgh, PA
      Business Outlook

Pros

There used to be some.

Cons

Constant layoffs, constant off-shoring of work, very low employee morale. Work from home just taken away and blame placed on the employees for lack of quality. Process after process that in most cases contradict each other causing a gridlock in the software development process. Claim to be agile but are as far from agile that you can get. The entire company is now run by Indians. It’s their culture or nothing.

22 people found this review helpful