Highmark Health Employee Reviews about "work life balance"

Updated Jan 18, 2021

Found 86 of over 833 reviews

4.0
Highmark Health President and CEO David L. Holmberg
David L. Holmberg
Pros
  • "Pay, life/work balance, work from home options(in 44 reviews)

• "Decent salary and good benefits(in 42 reviews)

• Cons
  • "Sometimes work life balance is hard(in 47 reviews)

• "Inflexible upper management, unrealistic expectations, workload can be extreme(in 26 reviews)

• More Pros and Cons
    Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.
    Talk anonymously with Healthcare professionals

Reviews about "work life balance"

Return to all Reviews
    1. 3.0

Grind

Jan 18, 2021 - Manager
      Business Outlook

Pros

Organization has purpose - both payer and provider helping people

Cons

No work life balance for staff

Employer Brand

Thank you for taking the time to submit your review as a former Manager. Please know that we remain committed to encouraging a fulfilling and meaningful career for our employees. We appreciate your feedback!

2. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 1 year

Good Company & Mission

Dec 22, 2020 - Strategy Consultant in Pittsburgh, PA
      Business Outlook

Pros

Innovating more/improving/headed in the right direction as an organization Good work-life balance Interesting projects to work on

Cons

A little slower to remote work adjustment Integration with AHN could be better

Talent Community Manager

Thank you so much for your five-star recommendation of Highmark Health as a current Strategy Consultant! We are so glad that you enjoy the work-life balance and the work that you're involved in. We appreciate your feedback!

3. 5.0
      Current Employee

Good

Dec 1, 2020 - Actuarial Analyst in Camp Hill, PA
      Business Outlook

Pros

Great work life balance and great employees

Cons

Very slow advancement and not a great work from home policy

Talent Community Manager

It makes our day to receive your five-star recommendation of Highmark Health! We are so glad that you're enjoying the work/life balance and your coworkers. Thank you for your contributions and for being a part of the Highmark Health team! We want you to know that offering and supporting employee development is important to us and we encourage you to reach out to your Manager to learn how you can continue to develop and advance your career.

4. 3.0
      Current Employee

A lot of change

Oct 16, 2020 - Manager in Pittsburgh, PA
      Business Outlook

Pros

people there are very nice and sincere work-life balance is pretty good

Cons

HMK seems to make things complicated for no reason HMK seems to be in a constant change where it's hard to determine which way is up. if the technology isn't changing, then the way you do business is changing, or the organization is changing or all of the above. can't tell how much of the change is necessary

Continue reading

Talent Community Manager

Thank you for your feedback as a current Manager at Highmark Health. We are glad to hear that you are enjoying the work/life balance and your coworkers! We value your concerns and will be sure to share your feedback internally as it helps us consider how we can improve the employee experience.

5. 4.0
      Former Employee, more than 5 years

Decent benefits and ability to move around company

Sep 17, 2020 - Underwriter in Pittsburgh, PA
      Business Outlook

Pros

Benefits are good. Work life balance is good

Cons

Growth and development not easily achieved.

Talent Community Manager

Thank you for your review as a former Underwriter at Highmark Health! We're glad to hear that you enjoyed the benefits and the work/life balance. We understand the importance of opportunities to advance the careers of our employees and will be sure to share your feedback internally, as we are always looking to improve the employee experience. We appreciate your feedback and wish you the best in your future endeavors.

6. 3.0
      Former Employee, more than 10 years

Steady

Sep 27, 2020 - Senior Consultant in Pittsburgh, PA
      Business Outlook

Pros

Decent salary and good benefits

Cons

A Terrible work life balance

Talent Community Manager

Thank you for your review as a former Senior Consultant at Highmark Health! We're glad to hear that you enjoyed the compensation and benefits. Please know that making sure our employees have a good work/life balance is one of our main priorities as an organization. We know everyone has unique interests and hobbies and we want our employees to balance success at work with their passions at home. Your concerns are taken seriously and will be shared internally as we are always looking to improve the employee experience. We appreciate your feedback and wish you the best in your future endeavors.

7. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 3 years

Creative Manager

Oct 25, 2019 - Anonymous Employee in Pittsburgh, PA
      Business Outlook

Pros

Trusting environment, motivational seminars, ample opportunity for growth and persona development, growing diverse and inclusive culture, leadership that are invested in their employees, ability to work from home regularly, flexible schedules

Cons

Sometimes work life balance is hard

6 people found this review helpful

Talent Community Manager

We are thrilled to receive your five-star recommendation of Highmark Health as a Creative Manager! We are so glad you're enjoying your the work environment, opportunities for growth, flexibility and our culture! It's reviews like this that let us know we're on the right track. Thank you for your contributions and for being a part of the Highmark Health team!

8. 3.0

Okay place to work

Oct 17, 2019 - Associate Underwriter
      Business Outlook

Pros

Company seems to care about a work life balance

Cons

Company is good in certain departments but not all

Continue reading

Talent Community Manager

Thank you for your review as a former Associate Underwriter. We're glad to hear that you enjoyed your experience working at Highmark Health. We are always looking for ways to improve their experience with us and will be sure to share your feedback about the ability to review management internally.

9. 4.0
      Current Employee, more than 1 year

Large organization, decent work enviroment

Aug 17, 2019 - Associate Strategy Analyst
      Business Outlook

Pros

-Work-life balance -Above-average pay -Interesting work -Important industry -Nice people -Good leadership

Cons

-Old school, slow moving organization

Talent Community Manager

It makes our day to receive your recommendation of Highmark Health! We are so glad that you enjoy your role as an Associate Strategy Analyst, our leadership, work-life balance, compensation, and your co-workers.

10. 2.0

Okay Place to Work

Jun 13, 2019 - Business Analyst
      Business Outlook

Pros

There is some flexibility but not much.

Cons

There is very little work life balance.

3 people found this review helpful

Talent Community Manager

Thank you for taking the time to write a review. Seeing that our employees have a good work/life balance is one of our main priorities at Highmark Health. We want you to be able to balance your success at work, and your passions at home.

Viewing 1 - 10 of 86 Reviews