Highmark Wholecare Reviews
60% would recommend to a friend
(195 total reviews)
63% approve of CEO
Top Review Highlights by Sentiment
Excerpts from user reviews, not authored by Glassdoor
- "The management was terrible." (in 16 reviews)
- "Upper Management is clueless on the day to day activities of staff." (in 10 reviews)
- "And no formal training and development program to properly train and provide growth for employees." (in 9 reviews)
- "Finally! Highmark and Trinity finally woke up and are starting to rid the company of incompetent leadership." (in 9 reviews)
- "Senior management is completely incompetent, and is systematically destroying a once great company." (in 8 reviews)
Found 195 of over 209 reviews
Updated 10 May 2023
- Most Recent
- Highest Rating
- Lowest Rating
- 1.010 May 2023Senior IT AnalystFormer Employee
If you like working on multiple projects at once and never be able to finish any of them, you found the right place!
Toxic. Management has no direction from leadership, who is on a power trip to implement all kinds of changes without understanding the impacts. Too many chiefs, no clear direction, tons of finger pointing and blame.
- 5.01 Oct 2022SupervisorCurrent Employee, more than 3 yearsPittsburgh, PA
They really care about their employees and the company does it's best to assist it's members. The company really believes in helping all employees succeed. The organization is open to hearing what employees feel about improving the organization.
I do not have any con's and the company has made great strides to improve in every category. If you are willing to work hard and put the effort into your career . you will find it is an amazing organization.
- 4.09 May 2022Intermediate Applications DeveloperCurrent Employee
Highmark Wholecare, previously known as Gateway Healthplan is a great place to work. The team members and managers are all extremely nice and overall good people. The full time work from home benefit is nice since Covid started as well
The work load is super heavy in the Data Integration team. This IS being combated by obtaining new hires and adding 6 new members though. Unfortunately, and this is well known through the team, we are also underpaid for the work we do. However, it's the same for all healthcare companies in the area.1
- 1.027 Jun 2022Anonymous EmployeeFormer Employee
Flexibility to work from home during the pandemic
Pay well below industry standard Leadership is toxic, unsupportive, and takes its cues from Highmark Poor work-life balance and a tendency to overwork employees who demonstrate good work ethic while allowing others to skate by with no oversight
- 5.022 Jul 2022Learning SpecialistCurrent Employee, more than 5 years
Small organization yet access to resources of parent company, treated like family, mission-driven, given a chance to make a real impact everyday, associates are committed to customers & quality
Federal contractor, industry is highly-regulated, many policies to learn & know, not always access to the best technology
- 1.06 Jul 2022BI AnalystCurrent Employee, more than 1 year
PTO and other benefits are decent
New Sr Management believes in working hard , not smart . Sr Management have no idea how to innovate and streamline processes: Their vision is to grind you to death following their non existent vision. No work life balance or recognitions.
- 4.017 May 2022Senior Clinical Quality AnalystCurrent Employee, more than 3 years
Good compensation package, allows for healthy work-life balance, transparency
Difficult to move up if remote
Highmark Wholecare Reviews FAQs
Highmark Wholecare has an overall rating of 3.0 out of 5, based on over 209 reviews left anonymously by employees. 60% of employees would recommend working at Highmark Wholecare to a friend and 47% have a positive outlook for the business. This rating has decreased by -7% over the last 12 months.
60% of Highmark Wholecare employees would recommend working there to a friend based on Glassdoor reviews. Employees also rated Highmark Wholecare 3.1 out of 5 for work life balance, 3.2 for culture and values and 2.9 for career opportunities.