Hill+Knowlton Strategies Reviews

Updated 8 Sep 2020

3.1
Hill+Knowlton Strategies CEO AnnaMaria DeSalva
AnnaMaria DeSalva
Pros
  • "H&K hosts some of the smartest, most brilliant minds I have ever met(in 39 reviews)

• "Great people and the company takes care of you(in 19 reviews)

"Great place to work"

5.0
    Former Employee - Senior Account Executive in London, England

I worked at Hill+Knowlton Strategies full-time for more than a year

Pros

Great people and the company takes care of you

Cons

The progression system should be reviewed to make it more dynamic

2. "Amazing Company"

Former Employee - Studio Assistant in London, England

I worked at Hill+Knowlton Strategies full-time

Pros

Everyone is really lovely to work with

Cons

High competition environment. The turn over is very high as well.

3. "Good experience but demanding culture"

2.0
    Former Employee - Senior Account Executive in London, England

I worked at Hill+Knowlton Strategies full-time for more than a year

Pros

Great list of clients and opportunities to learn and develop

Cons

Poor work/life balance, long hours, intense culture, low pay

People + Culture

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback with us and it’s great to hear that you were able to grow in your career during your time with us. We’re sorry to hear that the work/life balance was lacking and that the culture felt intense. That is not the culture we strive to cultivate here. If you're willing, please feel free to send additional input to feedback@hkstrategies.com.

4. "Great place to work with loads of opportunities"

Current Employee - Director in London, England

I have been working at Hill+Knowlton Strategies full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

“Write your own story” - you can build the career that aligns with your interests Opportunities to work on top tier clients Super smart colleagues

Cons

Wpp makes pay and promotion difficult Multiple P&Ls can cause unnecessary internal competition

People + Culture

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback. We’re glad to hear that you feel empowered to build a fulfilling career here at H+K. That is what part of our future vision is focused on – helping you build a successful career here today and beyond. While we wish we could pay all of our employees more, there are a number of individual and corporate variables. If you have any questions on compensation and promotions or have anything further you’d like to share about unnecessary internal competition, please don’t hesitate to reach out to feedback@hkstrategies.com.

5. "Great experience, great people but P&P is still not v transparent"

Current Employee - Senior Account Executive

I have been working at Hill+Knowlton Strategies full-time

Pros

Great network of great minds, awesome clients, supportive and working towards more progressive culture

Cons

Waiting for a promotion wears you down - and is probably accountable for high turnover

People + Culture

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback, it is very much valued. We%E2%80%99re pleased to hear that you have great peers and clients (we think so too!) and recognize that we as an agency are taking the steps toward achieving our ambition. To address your other comments, we are implementing a global performance appraisal system so we%E2%80%99re consistent across the company with regard to how we review + reward employees for their hard work. We value your input and would love to hear more about your experience and how we can improve. Please feel free to reach out to us at feedback@hkstrategies.com.

6. "Big clients,"

Current Employee - SAM in London, England
    No Opinion of CEO

I have been working at Hill+Knowlton Strategies full-time for more than a year

Pros

Get to work on some larger international clients, multiple offices throughout the global network

Cons

Long hours at times. Rushed creative ideas into implementation

People + Culture

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback, it is very much valued. We love going above and beyond for our clients, but never want to rush our creative thinking or execution, nor do we want to encourage a culture of unbalanced workloads. Our people are our greatest asset and we value the work our employees put in to driving success for our clients. We would love to hear more about your experience and how we can improve. Please feel free to send additional feedback to feedback@hkstrategies.com.

7. "H+K London"

Current Employee - Director in London, England

I have been working at Hill+Knowlton Strategies full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

Company culture, talent, worth ethic, people

Cons

Work/life balance, lack of structure to flexible working

People + Culture

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback, it is very much valued. First, we want to thank you for your many years of service to this agency and we appreciate your commitment. We are glad to hear that you have great peers and have enjoyed the company culture, but we are sorry to hear that work/life balance has been lacking. Our people are our greatest asset and we're always looking for ways to enhance the employee experience. We would love to hear more about how we can improve. Please feel free to send additional feedback to feedback@hkstrategies.com.

"Worst Job"

1.0
    Former Employee - Intern in London, England
    No Opinion of CEO

I worked at Hill+Knowlton Strategies full-time for more than a year

Pros

Free snacks on Thursday and lovely people at the bar.

Cons

Working at Hill and Knowlton London wasn’t probably one of the most stressful roles I’ve had in my life. The office culture is so political and everyone is so full of themselves. The line mangers pretend to be above everyone else. The deadlines are tight and they over work you till you can’t bare it anymore. Everyone is very two faced and there’s a culture that you need to be sat at your desk from the beginning to the end of the day. On top of this, the work load is unrealistic so you have to constantly work on things at home. Don’t do it to yourself, work somewhere else where they value you and appreciate you! Life is short!

Global Communications + Culture Director

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback. We’re disappointed to hear about your experience, which doesn’t align with the culture we’re striving to achieve in all our offices. Our London office is large, with multiple teams, so we’d love to hear more from you to better understand your experience and where and how we can improve. Please email us at feedback@hkstrategies.com so we can continue the conversation. Thanks again for your valued input.

"Good place to work"

Former Employee - Senior Account Executive

I worked at Hill+Knowlton Strategies full-time for more than a year

Pros

Some great people Interesting/big clients Sociable office + perks, e.g. weekly drinks

Cons

It can be hard to progress/get a pay rise.

Global Communications + Culture Director

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback. We’re pleased to hear you enjoyed your colleagues, clients and the H+K culture! Regarding salaries, our HR team conducts regular audits in an effort to keep pace with our competitors, and compensation is based on both individual and corporate variables. We’re grateful for your input, and should you have more, please send it to feedback@hkstrategies.com. We wish you the best of luck in your career!

"Poor salary, terrible work life balance"

1.0
    Former Employee - Account Executive in London, England

I worked at Hill+Knowlton Strategies full-time for more than a year

Pros

Big clients Prestigious reputation You quickly learn how to be incredibly disciplined due to the intense pressure

Cons

Terrible work life balance - I routinely did 12 hour days and management knew how stressed I was but did little to help me. Only after I handed in my notice did they offer me a payrise and said they would change my portfolio. After almost a year of crying at my desk it was too little too late. Poor career progression - teams are only allowed an allocation of a few promotions each year, meaning some staff are stuck at the same level for years too long.

Global Communications + Culture Director

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback. We’re sorry to hear you’re not happy with your experience. It’s true that PR – one of the fastest-paced professions in the world – can require long hours. It certainly keeps us on our toes! Regarding raises, our HR team conducts regular audits in an effort to keep pace with our competitors, and compensation is based on both individual and corporate variables. We value your input and would love to hear more on how we can improve the employee experience. Don’t hesitate to submit additional feedback to feedback@hkstrategies.com.

Found 335 reviews