Hill+Knowlton Strategies Employee Reviews about "long hours"

Updated Jan 1, 2021

Found 40 of over 539 reviews

3.6
Hill+Knowlton Strategies CEO AnnaMaria DeSalva
AnnaMaria DeSalva
Pros
  • "H&K hosts some of the smartest, most brilliant minds I have ever met(in 39 reviews)

• "Great people and the company takes care of you(in 20 reviews)

• Cons
  • "Work-life balance almost non-existent(in 43 reviews)

• "Long hours (8 -7am/8pm) is the norm(in 40 reviews)

• More Pros and Cons
    Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Reviews about "long hours"

Return to all Reviews
    1. 5.0
      Former Employee

Brilliant professional and personal experience

Dec 13, 2015 -
      Business Outlook

Pros

A truly integrated, global communications company with lots of fantastic, highly experienced people to learn from across the network. I met my mentor in my line manager and Account Director at H+K and working with her and others like her with a forward looking attitude and plenty of valuable experience instilled a whole new kind of confidence in me. At H+K, you will definitely get the opportunity to work with several high-profile, international clients - however, you need to make your career goals known and reinforce that you would like to work on certain kinds of accounts as much as you can. The best thing about H+K is the quality of staff. The people you work with can be an extremely important part of your work experience and daily life, and therefore I felt lucky to be surrounded by good, knowledgeable people not just in my office but across the network.

Cons

Long hours on big campaigns and events - but that is a given in any agency and a successful event makes it all worth it!

2. 3.0
      Former Employee, more than 5 years

Work for them, but don't stay long if you value salary

Dec 23, 2020 - Senior Consultant in London, England, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

Large brands, some inspiring individuals, great place to start your career

Cons

Tough, often non-empathetic culture. Transparency shortage around pay and progression, long-hours, regularly received poorly worded (even inconsiderate) communication from AD level team members.

People + Culture

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback. We are sorry to hear about the challenges you faced and lack of work/life balance. That is not the culture we strive to cultivate here. We also have recently implemented changes to our performance process and have ensured greater transparency on this. If you have any additional input to share, please feel free to reach out to feedback@hkstrategies.com.

3. The latest conversations about Advertising

Former Employee, more than 8 years

Great people, learned alot

Dec 2, 2020 - Business Development in London, England, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

Great team and opportunities to work with people from all over the world

Cons

Long hours...and 'always on' ethos

5. 3.0
      Current Employee, more than 3 years

Good work, long hours

Oct 25, 2020 - Senior Account Manager in London, England, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

Lots of training programmes available Big global brands Several specialist experts so you can learn a lot from your peers

Cons

Long hours, high stress Traditional agency stuck in its ways Weak management

People + Culture

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback with us. We’re glad to hear about the positive aspects of the agency and what you like about working with us. We’re sorry to hear about the lack of work/life balance and other challenges that exist. Our people are our greatest asset, and we’re always looking for ways to enhance the employee experience at H+K. We understand that there’s also areas for improvement. As you are a current H+K employee, we value your input and encourage you to share your feedback and concerns with your local HR representatives or reach out to feedback@hkstrategies.com.

6. 2.0
      Former Employee, more than 1 year

Good experience but demanding culture

Jul 1, 2020 - Senior Account Executive in London, England, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

Great list of clients and opportunities to learn and develop

Cons

Poor work/life balance, long hours, intense culture, low pay

2 people found this review helpful

People + Culture

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback with us and it’s great to hear that you were able to grow in your career during your time with us. We’re sorry to hear that the work/life balance was lacking and that the culture felt intense. That is not the culture we strive to cultivate here. If you're willing, please feel free to send additional input to feedback@hkstrategies.com.

7. 1.0
      Former Intern, less than 1 year

Worst place I've ever worked

Dec 14, 2019 - Intern in London, England, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

- Intelligent colleagues - good clients

Cons

- overworked to the extreme - long hours - extremely low pay - culture that allowed bullying to go unchallenged - little support, sink or swim culture - muddled progression route. I didn't stay particularly long, but some colleagues spent up to 2 years as a Junior Account Executive

8. 3.0
      Current Employee, more than 1 year

Big clients,

Oct 21, 2019 - SAM in London, England, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

Get to work on some larger international clients, multiple offices throughout the global network

Cons

Long hours at times. Rushed creative ideas into implementation

People + Culture

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback, it is very much valued. We love going above and beyond for our clients, but never want to rush our creative thinking or execution, nor do we want to encourage a culture of unbalanced workloads. Our people are our greatest asset and we value the work our employees put in to driving success for our clients. We would love to hear more about your experience and how we can improve. Please feel free to send additional feedback to feedback@hkstrategies.com.

9. 2.0
      Current Employee, more than 3 years

Hard work isn't rewarded

Oct 17, 2016 - Anonymous Employee in London, England, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

Great people and good culture

Cons

Career progression is a struggle, low pay and long hours

10. 2.0
      Current Employee, less than 1 year

Cliché London Agency

Sep 2, 2015 - Senior Account Supervisor in London, England, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

Benefits, health care, gym allowance, impressive salary, prestige, training, location, novelty free bar with free coffee and friendly staff. Microwaves. Nice views of London. Opportunities to work on large global brands.

Cons

Long hours, 12 hour day the norm, heavy work load per person, competitive culture, high expectations, unsupportive, stressful, isolating, hierarchical, the London agency cliché. Messy desks. Hot desking. Average age 27 most employees in their first role, therefore exploitative. No canteen, free crisps chocolate alcohol and coffee don't exactly promote a healthy environment it's an 80s cliché to keep over worked people who are very young... keen and working.

11. 3.0
      Current Employee

Friendly environment

Jan 1, 2021 - Account Executive in Hong Kong
      Business Outlook

Pros

- Nice working environment - Most colleagues are friendly and helpful - Has the opportunity to try different tasks

Cons

- Lack of timely feedback from superior - No clear guidelines for promotion - Long working hours (often need to work during holidays)

People + Culture

We appreciate you taking the time to share your feedback with us. We are glad to hear about the positive aspects of working at H+K. We’re sorry to hear that you have not been provided the proper feedback and guidance on growing your career at the agency as well as the lack of work/life balance. We have recently implemented changes to our performance processes to facilitate timely feedback between managers and colleagues, designed to help everyone grow at H+K. This will be a priority for us in 2021 and we welcome your feedback throughout the process at feedback@hkstrategies.com.

Viewing 1 - 10 of 40 Reviews