Hill+Knowlton Strategies Employee Reviews about "long hours"

Updated 1 Jan 2021

3.3
Hill+Knowlton Strategies CEO AnnaMaria DeSalva
AnnaMaria DeSalva
Pros
  • "H&K hosts some of the smartest, most brilliant minds I have ever met(in 39 reviews)

• "Great people and the company takes care of you(in 20 reviews)

Cons
Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Reviews about "long hours"

Return to all Reviews
  1. "Brilliant professional and personal experience"

5.0

I worked at Hill+Knowlton Strategies

Pros

A truly integrated, global communications company with lots of fantastic, highly experienced people to learn from across the network. I met my mentor in my line manager and Account Director at H+K and working with her and others like her with a forward looking attitude and plenty of valuable experience instilled a whole new kind of confidence in me. At H+K, you will definitely get the opportunity to work with several high-profile, international clients - however, you need to make your career goals known and reinforce that you would like to work on certain kinds of accounts as much as you can. The best thing about H+K is the quality of staff. The people you work with can be an extremely important part of your work experience and daily life, and therefore I felt lucky to be surrounded by good, knowledgeable people not just in my office but across the network.

Cons

Long hours on big campaigns and events - but that is a given in any agency and a successful event makes it all worth it!

2. "Great people, learned alot"

4.0
    Former Employee - Business Development in London, England

I worked at Hill+Knowlton Strategies part-time for more than 8 years

Pros

Great team and opportunities to work with people from all over the world

Cons

Long hours...and 'always on' ethos

3. "Work for them, but don't stay long if you value salary"

Former Employee - Senior Consultant in London, England

I worked at Hill+Knowlton Strategies full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Large brands, some inspiring individuals, great place to start your career

Cons

Tough, often non-empathetic culture. Transparency shortage around pay and progression, long-hours, regularly received poorly worded (even inconsiderate) communication from AD level team members.

February 2, 2021People + Culture

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback. We are sorry to hear about the challenges you faced and lack of work/life balance. That is not the culture we strive to cultivate here. We also have recently implemented changes to our performance process and have ensured greater transparency on this. If you have any additional input to share, please feel free to reach out to feedback@hkstrategies.com.

4. "Good work, long hours"

Current Employee - Senior Account Manager in London, England

I have been working at Hill+Knowlton Strategies full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Lots of training programmes available Big global brands Several specialist experts so you can learn a lot from your peers

Cons

Long hours, high stress Traditional agency stuck in its ways Weak management

November 9, 2020People + Culture

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback with us. We’re glad to hear about the positive aspects of the agency and what you like about working with us. We’re sorry to hear about the lack of work/life balance and other challenges that exist. Our people are our greatest asset, and we’re always looking for ways to enhance the employee experience at H+K. We understand that there’s also areas for improvement. As you are a current H+K employee, we value your input and encourage you to share your feedback and concerns with your local HR representatives or reach out to feedback@hkstrategies.com.

"Good experience but demanding culture"

Former Employee - Senior Account Executive in London, England

I worked at Hill+Knowlton Strategies full-time for more than a year

Pros

Great list of clients and opportunities to learn and develop

Cons

Poor work/life balance, long hours, intense culture, low pay

July 12, 2020People + Culture

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback with us and it’s great to hear that you were able to grow in your career during your time with us. We’re sorry to hear that the work/life balance was lacking and that the culture felt intense. That is not the culture we strive to cultivate here. If you're willing, please feel free to send additional input to feedback@hkstrategies.com.

"Worst place I've ever worked"

1.0
    Former Intern - Intern in London, England

I worked at Hill+Knowlton Strategies for less than a year

Pros

- Intelligent colleagues - good clients

Cons

- overworked to the extreme - long hours - extremely low pay - culture that allowed bullying to go unchallenged - little support, sink or swim culture - muddled progression route. I didn't stay particularly long, but some colleagues spent up to 2 years as a Junior Account Executive

7. "Big clients,"

Current Employee - SAM in London, England
    No Opinion of CEO

I have been working at Hill+Knowlton Strategies full-time for more than a year

Pros

Get to work on some larger international clients, multiple offices throughout the global network

Cons

Long hours at times. Rushed creative ideas into implementation

October 28, 2019People + Culture

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback, it is very much valued. We love going above and beyond for our clients, but never want to rush our creative thinking or execution, nor do we want to encourage a culture of unbalanced workloads. Our people are our greatest asset and we value the work our employees put in to driving success for our clients. We would love to hear more about your experience and how we can improve. Please feel free to send additional feedback to feedback@hkstrategies.com.

"Hard work isn't rewarded"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in London, England

I have been working at Hill+Knowlton Strategies full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Great people and good culture

Cons

Career progression is a struggle, low pay and long hours

"Cliché London Agency"

Current Employee - Senior Account Supervisor in London, England
    No Opinion of CEO

I have been working at Hill+Knowlton Strategies full-time for less than a year

Pros

Benefits, health care, gym allowance, impressive salary, prestige, training, location, novelty free bar with free coffee and friendly staff. Microwaves. Nice views of London. Opportunities to work on large global brands.

Cons

Long hours, 12 hour day the norm, heavy work load per person, competitive culture, high expectations, unsupportive, stressful, isolating, hierarchical, the London agency cliché. Messy desks. Hot desking. Average age 27 most employees in their first role, therefore exploitative. No canteen, free crisps chocolate alcohol and coffee don't exactly promote a healthy environment it's an 80s cliché to keep over worked people who are very young... keen and working.

10. "Friendly environment"

Current Employee - Account Executive in Hong Kong

I have been working at Hill+Knowlton Strategies full-time

Pros

- Nice working environment - Most colleagues are friendly and helpful - Has the opportunity to try different tasks

Cons

- Lack of timely feedback from superior - No clear guidelines for promotion - Long working hours (often need to work during holidays)

February 2, 2021People + Culture

We appreciate you taking the time to share your feedback with us. We are glad to hear about the positive aspects of working at H+K. We’re sorry to hear that you have not been provided the proper feedback and guidance on growing your career at the agency as well as the lack of work/life balance. We have recently implemented changes to our performance processes to facilitate timely feedback between managers and colleagues, designed to help everyone grow at H+K. This will be a priority for us in 2021 and we welcome your feedback throughout the process at feedback@hkstrategies.com.

Viewing 1 - 10 of 40 English Reviews