Hill+Knowlton Strategies Employee Reviews about "long hours"

Updated Nov 15, 2021

Found 50 of over 568 reviews

3.7
Hill+Knowlton Strategies CEO AnnaMaria DeSalva
AnnaMaria DeSalva
Pros
  • "H&K hosts some of the smartest, most brilliant minds I have ever met(in 41 reviews)

• "Great culture, great people, great clients(in 24 reviews)

• Cons
  • "Long hours , too tasking to achieve(in 50 reviews)

• "Work life balance could be better(in 49 reviews)

• More Pros and Cons
    Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

The latest conversations about Advertising

254 Comments

Advertising

100.7K Members

Ask candid career questions

-1 - https://www.fishbowlapp.com/bowl/advertising/posts?cf=gd&utm_medium=Glassdoor&utm_source=glassdoor.co.uk&utm_campaign=Reviews&utm_content=Industry-content-prominent-Reviews&utm_term=Hill+Knowlton Strategies~13555
    Join the conversation on

Reviews about "long hours"

Return to all Reviews
    1. 5.0
      Former Employee

Brilliant professional and personal experience

Dec 13, 2015 -
      Business Outlook

Pros

A truly integrated, global communications company with lots of fantastic, highly experienced people to learn from across the network. I met my mentor in my line manager and Account Director at H+K and working with her and others like her with a forward looking attitude and plenty of valuable experience instilled a whole new kind of confidence in me. At H+K, you will definitely get the opportunity to work with several high-profile, international clients - however, you need to make your career goals known and reinforce that you would like to work on certain kinds of accounts as much as you can. The best thing about H+K is the quality of staff. The people you work with can be an extremely important part of your work experience and daily life, and therefore I felt lucky to be surrounded by good, knowledgeable people not just in my office but across the network.

Cons

Long hours on big campaigns and events - but that is a given in any agency and a successful event makes it all worth it!

2. 4.0
      Current Employee

Greaubjkjk

Nov 5, 2021 - Department Head in Greenock, Scotland
      Business Outlook

Pros

Great place to work at

Cons

Long hours , too tasking to achieve

3. 4.0
      Current Employee

Great experience

May 24, 2021 - Account Executive in London, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

Great experience with some top clients Rewarding if you put the work in

Cons

Long hours not for the feint hearted

4. 3.0
      Former Employee, less than 1 year

Met some lovely people, but long working hours

Mar 5, 2021 - Account Executive in London, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

Met loads of lovely people

Cons

Frequent long working hours - difficult to manage workload with only so many hours in a day

5. 3.0
      Former Employee, more than 5 years

Work for them, but don't stay long if you value salary

Dec 23, 2020 - Senior Consultant in London, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

Large brands, some inspiring individuals, great place to start your career

Cons

Tough, often non-empathetic culture. Transparency shortage around pay and progression, long-hours, regularly received poorly worded (even inconsiderate) communication from AD level team members.

Continue reading

People + Culture

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback. We are sorry to hear about the challenges you faced and lack of work/life balance. That is not the culture we strive to cultivate here. We also have recently implemented changes to our performance process and have ensured greater transparency on this. If you have any additional input to share, please feel free to reach out to feedback@hkstrategies.com.

6. 4.0
      Former Employee, more than 8 years

Great people, learned alot

Dec 2, 2020 - Business Development in London, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

Great team and opportunities to work with people from all over the world

Cons

Long hours...and 'always on' ethos

7. 3.0
      Current Employee, more than 3 years

Good work, long hours

Oct 25, 2020 - Senior Account Manager in London, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

Lots of training programmes available Big global brands Several specialist experts so you can learn a lot from your peers

Cons

Long hours, high stress Traditional agency stuck in its ways Weak management

People + Culture

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback with us. We’re glad to hear about the positive aspects of the agency and what you like about working with us. We’re sorry to hear about the lack of work/life balance and other challenges that exist. Our people are our greatest asset, and we’re always looking for ways to enhance the employee experience at H+K. We understand that there’s also areas for improvement. As you are a current H+K employee, we value your input and encourage you to share your feedback and concerns with your local HR representatives or reach out to feedback@hkstrategies.com.

8. 2.0
      Former Employee, more than 1 year

Good experience but demanding culture

Jul 1, 2020 - Senior Account Executive in London, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

Great list of clients and opportunities to learn and develop

Cons

Poor work/life balance, long hours, intense culture, low pay

2 people found this review helpful

People + Culture

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback with us and it’s great to hear that you were able to grow in your career during your time with us. We’re sorry to hear that the work/life balance was lacking and that the culture felt intense. That is not the culture we strive to cultivate here. If you're willing, please feel free to send additional input to feedback@hkstrategies.com.

9. 1.0
      Former Intern, less than 1 year

Worst place I've ever worked

Dec 14, 2019 - Intern in London, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

- Intelligent colleagues - good clients

Cons

- overworked to the extreme - long hours - extremely low pay - culture that allowed bullying to go unchallenged - little support, sink or swim culture - muddled progression route. I didn't stay particularly long, but some colleagues spent up to 2 years as a Junior Account Executive

Continue reading
      1 person found this review helpful
    10. 3.0
      Current Employee, more than 1 year

Big clients,

Oct 21, 2019 - SAM in London, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

Get to work on some larger international clients, multiple offices throughout the global network

Cons

Long hours at times. Rushed creative ideas into implementation

People + Culture

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback, it is very much valued. We love going above and beyond for our clients, but never want to rush our creative thinking or execution, nor do we want to encourage a culture of unbalanced workloads. Our people are our greatest asset and we value the work our employees put in to driving success for our clients. We would love to hear more about your experience and how we can improve. Please feel free to send additional feedback to feedback@hkstrategies.com.

Viewing 1 - 10 of 50 Reviews