Hitachi Capital (UK) Reviews | Glassdoor.co.uk

Found 80 reviews

3.6
Hitachi Capital (UK) CEO Robert Gordon
Robert Gordon
Pros
  • "Consumer Finance division is an extremely fast-paced working environment, constantly looking for ways to be the best at what we do(in 9 reviews)

• "As an employer they clearly look for excellent performance but also encourage achieving a good work / life balance(in 5 reviews)

Cons
  • "(in 4 reviews)

• "Senior management lack direction which is both stressful and confusing for staff(in 4 reviews)

1. "Great place to work"

Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Leeds, England

I have been working at Hitachi Capital (UK) full-time for more than a year

Pros

Friendly team, opportunities to learn new skills and develop career have increased in the past few months. My manager really cares and all of the managers are really approachable. You are encouraged to think about a career at Hitachi. Fun atmosphere in the office with lots of events.

Cons

It can be busy and sometimes team meetings get cancelled

Advice to Management

Keep being approachable, keep giving us the opportunities to develop and keep up the recognition of people who try hard and give great customer service!

Hitachi Capital (UK)2019-07-24
  2. "small part of a larger Japanese overlords"

Current Employee - IT Technical Support Engineer in Staines, England

I have been working at Hitachi Capital (UK) full-time for more than a year

Pros

ok on the face of it

Cons

management do not listen or respond

Advice to Management

open yor ears, close your biases

Hitachi Capital (UK)2019-08-18

"Used to be great however now in a constant state of limbo"

Current Employee - Collections in Leeds, England

I have been working at Hitachi Capital (UK) full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Good down to Earth staff, for the most part. The facilities are modern and parking is free and just over the road. Pay fluctuates but isn't bad and there is a sense of community with those you immediately work with. The annual bonus and Christmas gift is always appreciated If you want to progress then there are opportunities but I'd do a secondment if possible before committing to a move.

Cons

The place is currently in limbo and no one knows what they're doing. Recent 'multi-skilling' has meant you now do the job of two or even three people with a minimal pay increase and no support. Senior management seem to be hell bent on providing change for the sake of change and it's leaving staff confused, frustrated and incredibly overworked. As a new starter i'd consider a rethink. You join in the hopes of... joining a company on the brink of positive change only to find ill-equipped staff, massive gaps in knowledge and those most experienced jumping ship. Not the fault of staff or agents but senior management. HR are literally non existent with someone coming in and then leaving every 9 months or so meaning no stability. The whole business is reliant on one person, who is great and will make time for you, but I for one pity her.

Advice to Management

Two things: Communication. You need to let your staff know they're free to voice their opinions and concerns and not bully or belittle them. More Staff. You can cross train all you want but asking so much of so few is a sure fire recipe for disaster. The staff are fragile and ignoring it will only make things worse.

Hitachi Capital (UK)2019-06-21

Hitachi Capital (UK) Response

July 5, 2019Talent Acquisition Partner

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback on your experience with Hitachi Capital. Feedback is important to us and we always strive to make improvements. Within our Customer Experience Teams we aim to ensure our employees are fully equipped to provide outstanding customer experiences and we are committed to providing our people with on-going development opportunities. A trial period of cross function multi-skilling was rolled out across a small number of volunteers to see if this increased skills and knowledge, colleague development and customer experience. The feedback was positive on all fronts and since we rolled out multi-skilling for colleagues across the teams. Some colleagues have opted out of multiskilling and for those who have wished to multi-skill there is a salary increase of around 10%. The key objectives for our Customer Experience Team Managers are around coaching and development of their teams. We have launched an Aspiring Leader programme for our senior agents and recently launched a support helpline that all of our teams can use. We’re really proud that many of team start their career with Hitachi in the Customer Experience team then move on to further roles in other areas of our business. We believe this helps us keep the customer at the heart of what we do around the business, including the non customer facing areas. Our approach to continuous improvement has recently been recognised by the Institute of Customer Service who have reaccredited us for a further three years following a visit in May 2019. It is great to hear you receive valued support from your local HR contact. We do have a substantially sized HR department with local teams present at each of our five sites and central support based at our Head Office providing support to all colleagues. If you would like to discuss any of the above initiatives please don’t hesitate to contact any manager within Customer Experience or alternately please contact your local HR team.

"Lack of direction and ability to make decisions from senior management"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Leeds, England

I worked at Hitachi Capital (UK) full-time for more than a year

Pros

Free parking and coffee. People generally nice and supportive. HR department incredibly approachable. Quartly social events.

Cons

Company currently struggling through a time of change. Senior management lack direction which is both stressful and confusing for staff. This has lead to employees lacking support and being left in limbo for almost half a year. Salary and benefits are ok, but not comparable to industry average. The salary gap became shockingly evident after moving to another company in the finance sector. Behind the times with... lack of flexible working and the ability to work from home. With the office becoming full and cramped, this would benefit the company greatly.

Advice to Management

Accept that delaying decision is creating misery for staff. Accept that the business is no longer small and needs to transition into a more corporate set up before it’s too late.

Hitachi Capital (UK)2019-03-30
  5. "Business Development"

I worked at Hitachi Capital (UK) full-time

Pros

Close-knit team Nice facilities

Cons

Lack of direction Frequent changes in direction

Hitachi Capital (UK)2019-02-10

"Great place... Until it isn't"

Former Employee - Product Engineer in Leeds, England

I worked at Hitachi Capital (UK) full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Hitachi seems great at first. Nice people. Nice office. It all seems nice.

Cons

Over time toy realise the nice is a shield. No one is being honest, and the caring is just a mask.

Advice to Management

Actually listen to the words you are saying, and try actually feeling the things you say you feel.

Hitachi Capital (UK)2019-02-22
  7. "Great company with great people!"

I have been working at Hitachi Capital (UK) full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Friendly organisation that gives great opportunities! The people are fantastic!

Cons

Can be overly bureaucratic, sometimes processes supersede logic.

Advice to Management

Keep things simple

Hitachi Capital (UK)2019-01-08
  8. "Great place to work"

Current Employee - Collections Manager in Leeds, England

I have been working at Hitachi Capital (UK) part-time for more than 5 years

Pros

I have worked for Hitachi for nearly 7 years, I couldn't imagine working for another company. You’re not just a number, you are a valid member of the team. Senior managers are very friendly and approachable. I had breakfast with Vincent Reboul (MD) last week and he was a very nice, knew who I was which area I worked in and was very easy to talk to and his open honesty was refreshing. My Line Manager Rula Samara... (Collections Manager) is one of the nicest, down to earth people I have ever worked with. Doesn’t matter if you are a manager, senior or agent in collections she will help you anyway she can, nothing is too difficult or time consuming.

Cons

can't think of any

Hitachi Capital (UK)2018-12-05

"First time back in private sector for 10 years and what a great place to start."

in Trowbridge, England

I have been working at Hitachi Capital (UK) for less than a year

Pros

Feels like a nice place to work. They look after their staff. Benefits are nice. Management sound genuine.

Cons

Growing very quickly. Think some people can be left behind.

Hitachi Capital (UK)2018-11-29
  10. "A Great place to work"

I have been working at Hitachi Capital (UK) full-time

Pros

Great Culture Friendly Environment Approachable Management Team

Cons

Benefits package not quite inline with the competition

Hitachi Capital (UK)2018-11-23