Hitachi Capital (UK) Employee Reviews about "fast paced"

Updated Jun 19, 2020

Found 6 of over 145 reviews

4.3
Hitachi Capital (UK) Chief Executive Officer Robert Gordon
Robert Gordon
Pros
  • "The environment is fast paced and offers plenty of opportunities for you to develop and help the company to also develop(in 6 reviews)

• "Great People delivering great customer service(in 6 reviews)

• Cons
  • "Senior management lack direction which is both stressful and confusing for staff(in 4 reviews)

• "A long way to go with digitisation as still heavily reliant on paper(in 3 reviews)

• More Pros and Cons
    Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Choose a different language and keep reading other reviews.

Reviews about "fast paced"

Return to all Reviews
    1. 5.0

Fantastic Company

Jun 19, 2020 - Customer Insight Analyst in Trowbridge, England, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

Everyone is always willing to take the time out of their day to talk you through something or offer you training. The environment is fast paced and offers plenty of opportunities for you to develop and help the company to also develop. Collaboration is a huge part of the work in Hitachi and is something that I've fully enjoyed during my time here as everyone has a valued contribution to the work. The line managers show a great level of care to the team which has been especially important in this current time.

Cons

I have no cons to working here.

Talent Acquisition Specialist

Thanks for your review, we're really glad you feel it's a good place to develop. We fill almost 40% of all our vacancies internally, and that number is even higher in Senior Leadership roles. Your HR Team

2. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 5 years

Great place to work

Oct 10, 2018 - Anonymous Employee
      Business Outlook

Pros

Great benefits package. Great people. Fast paced and dynamic. Continued growth through may challenging periods.

Cons

The speed to change is not for the faint hearted!

Talent Acquisition Specialist

Thanks for taking the time to leave a review, it's great to hear you enjoy working for HCUK. Your HR Team HCUK

3. The latest conversations about Finance

81 Comments

Join the conversation on
    4. 4.0
      Current Employee, more than 10 years

Hitachi Capital Vehicle Solutions (HCVS) is fast paced and challenging. I think it's a great place to work!!

Aug 20, 2018 - Risk Analyst in Newbury, England, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

Good atmosphere, nice people, good benefits. Reward & Recognition of performance through bonuses, seeing both the contractual annual bonus and an extra ‘well done’ Xmas bonus for the last few years. Interested in their staff, open communication from CEO. Supportive colleagues. Been here 10 years and have moved around the company to try new things. development is supported and encouraged. Fast paced and challenging - who doesn’t love a challenge! Trips arranged by sports and social for the whole company - this year is the 2nd year in a row HCVS has organised a day at Longleat with our families including a BBQ.

Cons

Limited car parking in Newbury, but they embrace creative ideas to squeeze as many spaces out of the car park as they can.

Talent Acquisition Partner

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback. We appreciate your input and are happy to hear you’re enjoying your experience here. We are always keen to receive recommendations from our employees to continually make improvements and encourage you to share your thoughts with us.

5. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 10 years

HCCF is an amazing place to work

May 15, 2017 - Finance in Leeds, England, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

Consumer Finance division is an extremely fast-paced working environment, constantly looking for ways to be the best at what we do. Staff are expected to work hard but are rewarded accordingly, and there is a real buzz around the office. All levels (up to the MD) are extremely approachable. The company is never afraid to celebrate success, be it personal or corporate, or to support the personal development of its staff.

Cons

Fast-paced, constantly changing (& challenging) environment won't suit all: don't expect to come into work knowing exactly what the day will bring. Insatiable demands of parent company for ever-improving profitability (victims of our own success!).

1 person found this review helpful

Talent Acquisition Partner

Thank you for your review and we are really glad you're enjoying your time at Hitachi Capital!

6. 5.0

Interesting, ambitious, fast-paced company

Apr 27, 2017 - Internal Communications Manager in Leeds, England, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

- Interesting, ambitious, fast-paced company - Really nice, welcoming people - Genuinely seems to strive to do things 'the right way' and conduct business in an honest, straightforward way that benefits customers, staff and the business - Generous approach to staff - from big things like vouchers at Christmas and good bonuses, to little things like fruit baskets every Monday and free Tea and Coffee

Cons

- Can sometimes be really busy - The various sites can feel a little disconnected from one another - although this is improving.

Talent Acquisition Specialist

Thanks for taking the time to leave a review, we really appreciate it. We're glad the drive to do things the right way is felt across the business, it's certainly something we strive for in our culture. Since you commented, work has been ongoing to help make the different sites feel more connected as One HCUK. We have a number of employee-led communities such as PRISM, Women in Business, and Wellbeing to name a few, where employees from different sites come together and put on events for the whole business. We've also introduced MS Teams which means employees from all locations can see each other without the need to travel and training can be delivered to groups of colleagues from different sites at the same time. There's lots more to come, too. Your HR Team

7. 5.0

Hitachi Capital Vehicle Solutions

Aug 16, 2016 - National Sales Manager in Newbury, England, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

I joined Hitachi six months ago after working in the vehicle leasing industry for over 15 years, the company is an exciting fast paced place to work. The reason I left one of the leading leasing companies to join Hitachi is ambition, the company are ambitious and have clear goals on how we will achieve growth ambitions, whilst maintaining our high standards of customer interaction providing excellent customer service. I have enjoyed every minute here, whilst its challenging to work in a fast paced environment the leadership team are supportive and focussed, I am glad I made the move and can see myself working here a long time.

Cons

I have only been here six months so don't have any cons at this stage, but e mail seems to be the most used form of communication within the business.

Viewing 1 - 6 of 6 English Reviews