Holiday Inn Club Vacations Employee Reviews about "great benefits"

Updated 16 Aug 2020

3.4
Holiday Inn Club Vacations President and CEO Tom Nelson
Tom Nelson
Pros
  • "Great Company that fosters a promote from within philosophy and great benefits(in 27 reviews)

• "Great vacation benefits and positive work environment(in 23 reviews)

Cons
  • "Resort manager Not helpful boring(in 15 reviews)

• "no cons- My sales groups is as much family as my family is(in 13 reviews)

Reviews about "great benefits"

Return to all Reviews
  1. "Great Benefits & atmosphere!"

Current Employee - Contract Processor I in Orlando, FL

I have been working at Holiday Inn Club Vacations full-time for more than a year

Pros

Good pay, great benefits, friendly coworkers, great hours, helpful managers.

Cons

Room for growth not the same in each department. In Contracts, you can get stuck for a long time in one position no matter what.

Social Media Specialist

Thanks for taking the time to provide feedback about your experience with our company. Personal and professional growth is important to us across all levels at Holiday Inn Club Vacations, and we always encourage our team members to discuss career growth opportunities with their managers. If you’d like to talk more about your concerns, please email integrity@holidayinnclub.com with your contact information and our team will be in touch.

2. "Good company to work for"

Former Employee - TELESALES Representative in Orlando, FL

I worked at Holiday Inn Club Vacations full-time for less than a year

Pros

Great benefits Many opportunities to grow in the company Honorable company Many reward opportunities

Cons

Rude guests When training for the sales position the pay isn’t very enticing

Social Media Specialist

Thank you for taking the time to leave your review and for your time with our team in Orlando! We work hard to create memorable experiences for our guests and owners and encourage team members to communicate any concerns they have with their direct supervisor so we can work together and continue to make Holiday Inn Club Vacations a great place to work. We'll pass your feedback along to leadership to review so we can keep these things in mind as we grow. Best of luck with your future endeavors!

3. "Tour and Travel Reservation"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Orlando, FL

I worked at Holiday Inn Club Vacations full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

The company culture is good unfortunately sales/ marketing don’t cultivate that culture. great discounts in hotels and perks Great benefits except for their medical is kind of expensive.

Cons

- no growing opportunities unless you are a personal friends with someone in upper management, or are a yes person, have no clue of what you are doing and have no work ethic. - not all but most of the team leaders managers lack of respect for their agents , they talk to the agents like if the agents are their kids, they write up people for things management do as well however you can’t get offended for management behavior when they use profanity or are too loud on the sales floor to the point some of the customer thinks you are making fun of them but they will write you up if you use profanity on the sales floor or have a negative attitude, however if it’s one of their friends they will excuse any unacceptable behavior - Be ready to be a target for bullies (IL WW managers) if you are too humble or feisty and defend your believes they will come after you, their word is rule even if they are wrong. - some managers would lie on you to get a write up and refuse to play the recorded for you to listen the call if you are willing to fight it thru hr you will win that fight however they will empower you to the exit door within the following months because you become their target so good luck with retaliation some managers are experts on it. - excessive favoritism and no shame on show it. - dishonesty from management manipulation of the system to control your performance and for hence income. Be careful and be extra nice with the top managers you don’t want to be in customer service/ concierge queque while the 3 or 4 people in the ace team are getting all the booking calls and you get write up because you are not meeting your numbers. While you take $300 home ace team are taking $1200 plus because they are getting more tours than you are. Don’t be mad because your $10 or $11 should be more than enough for you to pay your bills based on YM tour and travel assistant manager FYI don’t ask her anything because she doesn’t knows anything. - if you have an elevated customer don’t bother to ask your team manager just send an email chances are they won’t help you and will send you back to the phone with a lame excuse for the customer or to tell them someone will follow up with them within 10 business day lol which 8 out of 10 no one does and the customers calls back extra pissed off raising hell (that’s when they react) -when it comes to do your job to help the customer team managers are the biggest obstacle since all they say is send an email and no follow up or accountability whatsoever unless the customer complaints to the CEO via email then it’s taken care immediately by another team. - inconsistency policies and procedures, policies change as often as you could get a car wash during lovebugs season in florida. - there are always exception to the rule that exception depends on what mood the manager woke up so cross your fingers because it could be Monday and raining. Good luck!

Social Media Specialist

Thank you for taking the time to leave your feedback and for your time with our company. We take these matters seriously, and our VP of Tour and Travel would be happy to speak to you so we can discuss your concerns in more detail. You can reach out to her at integrity@holidayinnclub.com if you're interested.

4. "Great pay but bad treatment"

Former Employee - OPC in Orlando, FL

I worked at Holiday Inn Club Vacations full-time for more than a year

Pros

Commission is very good Great benefits Easy set up Great training

Cons

Management treats you poorly Managers will always prioritize high performs even if someone needs help. Not enough shadow shifts Poor communication

Social Media Specialist

Thank you for your time with our team in Orlando. We take these matters seriously, as we strive for a comfortable work environment where team members feel heard and appreciated, and will be passing this along to leadership for review. If you’d like to speak with us more, please email Integrity@holidayinnclub.com with your concerns and our team will be in touch. We thank you for leaving an honest review of your experience and wish you luck in the future!

5. "Great Company... Growing Quickly"

5.0

Pros

The company culture is great. Great benefits, great people, and great company morale. There's a lot of excitement with how quickly the company is growing. Most departments work seamlessly together to create a fun work experience. Leadership is mindful of company morale and tries to build a transparent company culture in a number of ways. Overall, I couldn't be happier with my decision to work here.

Cons

The reputation of the industry isn't great which makes it hard to network outside of our industry.

Social Media Manager

Thank you for your feedback! We're glad to have you on our team and that you're as excited as we are about our continued growth. As always, your feedback will be passed along to our leadership team.

6. "On the Move!"

I have been working at Holiday Inn Club Vacations full-time

Pros

Great Company that fosters a promote from within philosophy and great benefits! Excellent recruiters and aggressive commissions .

Cons

none to think of at time.

7. "Rental Administration"

Current Employee - Inventory Specialist in Kissimmee, FL
    No Opinion of CEO

I have been working at Holiday Inn Club Vacations full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Great benefits and good experience

Cons

There is favoritism. Management frowns on college education. They believe you must work for years to move up and college education is irrelevant. Managers do not have college education and do not know how to deal with employees. They are closed minded to innovatative ideas. Loyal employees who have been with the company for years leave because there is no opportunity to move up.

"Set Up For Failure!"

Former Employee - Inbound Sales Representative in Orlando, FL

I worked at Holiday Inn Club Vacations full-time for less than a year

Pros

They have great benefits and you can stay at any IHG hotels for as low as $39 per night if you are an employee.

Cons

The company is super strict on attendance, they really don’t care if you got into a car accident or if you go to school part-time or if you had to be hospitalized for days or if you had a death in the family. They will give you points even if you have a valid reason for not showing up to work. So, get ready to be at work everyday and not have a life. This company will chew you up and spit you back out. If you work for a department that takes inbound calls, the managers control which type of calls you are going to get. So, if the managers don’t like you they are going to give you the worst calls. They also say that they don’t control the calls but they also tell others that they do. So, there is a lot of favoritism going on within the company! The trainers report to the managers who is the best and who is the worst to terminate the bad ones. Managers also make a cut out of your sales so, if you’re not making any sales they will do everything to terminate you! WARNING TO WOMEN! Managers and top producers use their advanced job titles to sexually harass women.

Social Media Manager

Hello, Your review includes an allegation that we take very seriously. We would like to speak with you more about this. Please email your contact information to integrity@orangelake.com so that we can gather more information and look into your experience.

9. "Great Place to Work - Amazing Culture"

Current Employee - Senior Director in Kissimmee, FL

I have been working at Holiday Inn Club Vacations full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

Lots of career opportunities due to growth. Management is committed to the development of employees. Great benefits and new programs being added all of the time.

Cons

With fast growth comes hard work and long hours.

Social Media Manager

Thanks for your great review! We're glad to hear our management team is helping you grow in your career and that you feel we've offered benefits and new programs to help with that. We will pass your feedback along to our team and look forward to continuing to grow together in the future!

10. "Not Bad!"

I have been working at Holiday Inn Club Vacations full-time

Pros

They have great benefits. There are multiple ways to move up because the company is continuing to expand.

Cons

They are still adjusting to buying out another timeshare called Silverleaf and it is not the smoothest transition. You don't get paid enough for the amount of hassle in hospitality.

Found 27 reviews