Holland & Barrett Reviews
54% would recommend to a friend
(959 total reviews)
62% approve of CEO
Found 959 of over 2K reviews
Updated 6 Dec 2023
- Most Recent
- Highest Rating
- Lowest Rating
What people are saying about Holland & Barrett
Got a burning question about Holland & Barrett? Just ask!
On Fishbowl, you can share insights and advice anonymously with Holland & Barrett employees and get real answers from people on the inside.
What are your colleagues talking about?
Top Review Highlights by Sentiment
Excerpts from user reviews, not authored by Glassdoor
- "Good training and instruction from senior members of staff" (in 98 reviews)
- "Great colleagues and area team" (in 85 reviews)
- "People are great and are very helpfulll" (in 66 reviews)
- "staff were friendly and helpful when I first started" (in 63 reviews)
- "Good benefits if your store performs well" (in 19 reviews)
- "Some managers have missed six consecutive promotional changes leaving it all to their management team member and not thanked them once for it." (in 100 reviews)
- "Management were poor and rude." (in 82 reviews)
- "Low pay for job expectation." (in 68 reviews)
- "long hours and can be tiring as you're on your feet all day" (in 57 reviews)
- "Poor pay, bad upper management." (in 40 reviews)
- 5.0FEATURED REVIEW1 Sept 2023Store ColleagueCurrent EmployeeBanbury, England
Quiet and laidback, customers are not rude
A lot of standing aroundHolland & Barrett Response4mo
Hi there, Thanks for taking the time to leave us a review, we read every single comment! Have a great day, Nikki Lead HR Business Partner- Retail & Property
- 5.05 Dec 2023Shift SupervisorCurrent Employee, less than 1 yearPrestatyn, Wales
Great training, great hours, great management and team, fantastic range of products
There are no cons yet!
- 4.05 Dec 2023Store ManagerCurrent Employee, more than 3 yearsLondon, England
Oportunities to grow inside of the company
Very busy all the time, the company is constantly changing everything and you end up being burned out every other day
- 4.026 Oct 2023Senior Software EngineerCurrent Employee, more than 1 yearLondon, England
Great Team Collaboration: The teamwork here is exceptional. Colleagues are supportive and collaborative, making it a fantastic learning environment. Exciting Tech Stack: The company uses cutting-edge technologies, which keeps the work interesting and aligns with career growth. Work-Life Balance: They emphasize a healthy work-life balance, which helps in maintaining personal and professional equilibrium. Professional Growth: Opportunities for career growth and skill development are abundant. Flexible Working Options: The company offers flexibility, allowing for remote work when needed.
Occasional High Workload: At times, the workload can be demanding, which requires efficient time management. Limited Office Perks: Compared to some tech giants, office perks might be somewhat limited.
- 5.029 Nov 2023Store ManagerCurrent Employee, more than 5 yearsBraintree, England
Supported , development, training Exciting ,great team feeling
Fast paced ,changing all the time ,Holland & Barrett Response2w
Hi there, Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review, we really appreciate it and we're glad to hear you enjoy working at H&B and that you feel supported. Our business is on an exciting transformation journey to make health & wellness a way of life for everyone, including our colleagues and we have many more exciting things planned for the year ahead, such as new L&D opportunities, courses and Colleague Networks, so be sure to check them out soon. We wish you continued success in your career. The HR Team
- 3.029 Jun 2023SupervisorFormer Employee, more than 3 yearsLondon, England
Good training in health & wellness products, friendly colleagues, good staff discount, a very good chance to improve your sales and management skills.
I was doing an Assistant Manager's job and I was getting paid for a Supervisor role only. Too much pressure from the upper management on surpassing the KPIs + the usual day to day tasks (compliance, customer service, etc.) compared with the pay rates. Very poor communication between departments (IT, Marketing, Promo implementation). A lot of tech issues (mostly tills) which are usually temporary resolved (so the next day you have the same issue). You always need to keep an eye on shoplifters (which result in no proper breaks or no breaks at all) Breaks are not paid, but overtime is also not accepted (you're not allowed to exceed the hours you are given to use per week) You really have to go the extra mile(s) for career progression and still that won't be enough. The opportunities are not presented for everybody (I noticed a lot of favouritism).4
- 4.021 Nov 2023Sales AssociateCurrent Employee, less than 1 yearMonmouth, Wales
- Get to learn how to help people - Kept busy - Discount on items
- Required to be in too many places at once - Way too many shop changes and movements - If you don't have crystallised ginger, people let you know...
- 1.01 Oct 2023ManagerCurrent Employee, more than 8 yearsLondon, England
Employee discount 25% and christmas discount 50%
Lone trading Increased tasks less pay Poor quality tech Tech usage is forced upon us Overtime needed as not enough staff Rfl cards targets Promotional changeovers are always wrong on planning and time consuming to fix Conflict of interest is ignored Upper management using Promotion as a dating app Warehouse sending expired stock Mental health is poor within company Training should be paid but is often cut to to pull backs Back of house areas in older stores is gross and sometimes without decent heating even if shopfloor looks great. Work life balance is not great and expected to be on what's app groups4
Holland & Barrett Reviews FAQs
Holland & Barrett has an overall rating of 3.3 out of 5, based on over 1,757 reviews left anonymously by employees. 54% of employees would recommend working at Holland & Barrett to a friend and 50% have a positive outlook for the business. This rating has decreased by -2% over the last 12 months.
54% of Holland & Barrett employees would recommend working there to a friend based on Glassdoor reviews. Employees also rated Holland & Barrett 3.0 out of 5 for work life balance, 3.1 for culture and values and 3.2 for career opportunities.