Hollister Co. Model Reviews | Glassdoor.co.uk

Hollister Co. CEO Mike Jeffries
Mike Jeffries

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
Cons
  • Call in shifts were a pain too, too often if you were on call youd find that you werent needed (in 121 reviews)

• Minimum wage in NC was not worth what you had to deal with (in 264 reviews)

1. "Fun place to work"

Former Employee - Floor Model in Cambridge, East of England, England
    Former Employee - Floor Model in Cambridge, East of England, England

I worked at Hollister Co. part-time (More than a year)

Pros

Fun atmosphere, good discount on clothes, nice managers, good student, flexible job

Cons

Have to spend a lot on the uniform which is hard when you only work part time. Usually only 5 hour long shifts which isn't ideal if you're travelling a far distance.

Advice to Management

Give us longer shifts and work out a uniform scheme so we don't have to buy new uniform every couple of months

2. "Fun while the novelty of it lasts."

Former Employee - Hollister Floor Model in Dartford, England
    Former Employee - Hollister Floor Model in Dartford, England

I worked at Hollister Co. part-time (More than a year)

Pros

Bragging rights of calling yourself a model! Friends think its quite cool, good way to impress girls.

Cons

Very very boring job with useless bosses.

Advice to Management

Keep moving the staff around, be more dynamic.

3. "Hollister"

Current Employee - Hollister Floor Model in Birmingham, England
    Current Employee - Hollister Floor Model in Birmingham, England

I have been working at Hollister Co. part-time

Pros

Really friendly staff, great atmosphere and interesting job! Loved it! I would definatkey work in a hollister store again very enjoyable.

Cons

Can be very hot and if you are looking for a permemenant and reliable job regarding hours this may not be the one as they are given whenever and are zero hour contacts.

Advice to Management

Keep the positive review notes as this is very formal and helps to know where you stand as an employee. Keep young management as they are easier to get along with.

5. "I have worked at the company for a long time."

Current Employee - Model/Brand Representative

I have been working at Hollister Co. part-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

- Very social work environment. Everyone is around the same age (late teens to mid twenties, even the managers) so it's easy to get along with and relate to everyone.

- It's mostly a chilled/trendy workplace. Managers can be pretty relaxed and empathetic because most of them started part time.

- customers are young as well so easier to deal with mostly.

- we used to have these stressful 'call-in' shifts but they've discontinued them.

- discount 50% on triple a and 20% everything else.

Cons

- Depending on your manager, sometimes you can get very little training or guidance and yet be expected to do everything perfectly AND quickly. Sometimes it can be very stressful and taken way too seriously for a minimum wage retail job.

- sometimes you won't get scheduled at all because the more shifts you work the more you can get. Shifts are based solely on performance.

- the company as a whole has gotten way more disorganised than it used to be and appears to be having an identity crisis. In some ways I prefer how they used to be pre-2015; work was much more structured and enjoyable.

Advice to Management

I wish the company did some things differently. I wish training was better and I wish we could bring back the look policy and style guide.. The company has improved in many ways but also gotten worse in other ways.

6. "best job ever"

Current Employee - Model/Brand Representative

I have been working at Hollister Co. part-time (More than a year)

Pros

such a fun environment, fun friends to work with, managers are more like friends than bosses, only 5hr long shifts, amazing flexibilty, i look forward to going to work everyday i love it

Cons

0hr means it isnt always reliable but if you work well you will get shifts

Advice to Management

nothing, management is the best

7. "Hollister- good for students"

Former Employee - Model/Brand Representative in Greenhithe, England
    Former Employee - Model/Brand Representative in Greenhithe, England

Pros

As it was a 0-hour contract, very flexible

Cons

Management changed quite frequently, 4 hour shifts were only available and favouritism occurred

8. "Good place to work, if they give you any shifts."

Current Employee - Model/Brand Representative

I have been working at Hollister Co. part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

-Great discount (50% off 10 things maybe once every 2/3 months + other offers) 20% off any other time
    -Good pay, if you are under 18 (more than min wage for 16-21)
    -Relaxed environment
    -Tasks are not too difficult, but standards are high (if the jeans are not all perfectly aligned, you're refolding the entire stack.)
    -Friendly colleague
    -Flexible (availability can be changed online for 2 weeks ahead, can open 5 hours-as much availability as you like)
    -Facebook group to swap, pick up or give away shifts

Cons

-Managers do not schedule hours fairly. They have clear favourites who ALWAYS get shifts
    -0 Hour contract (from day one you are told they cannot guarantee shifts every week.)- HOWEVER. I have gone over a MONTH not being given a shift. It is disgusting and pointless me even being employed
    -Poor training, after being there 6 months I am still not till trained
    -Cleaning. if you're on the early shift you'll have to hoover, mop, clean mirrors, remove litter. Usually given an hour to do the entire store by yourselves.
    -CALL IN SHIFTS : calling in 1-2 hours before a scheduled shift to see if you are needed. 90% of the time you are not.

Advice to Management

Please do not be biased and have clear favourites. It is unfair (especially if people NEED money for bills/payoffs etc)
    Train your staff better

9. "Fun company but poorly paid"

Former Employee - Model/Brand Representative in Cambridge, East of England, England

I worked at Hollister Co. part-time (More than a year)

Pros

Very friendly management and team
    Very casual work environment
    Good discount on clothes
    Zero-hour contract means good flexibility

Cons

Bad pay
    Often only short shifts are given so they don't have to give you breaks which is a bit of a pain if you're travelling far to get to work.

10. "Floor Model"

Former Employee - Hollister Floor Model in Guildford, England
    Former Employee - Hollister Floor Model in Guildford, England

I worked at Hollister Co. part-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Other staff were friendly, quite an easy job, short shifts, easy to expand customer service skills, easy to swap/pick up shifts

Cons

Management are rude and lack experience, often got sent home after 30 mins of shift because they didn't have enough hours to give everyone, management had favourites

11. "Model"

Former Employee - Floor Model in Brighton, England
    Former Employee - Floor Model in Brighton, England

I worked at Hollister Co. part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Flexible hours, great social atmosphere and good discounts (the triple A early season ones)

Cons

Part time means getting hours are hard, can be boring when the store is quiet.