Hollister Co. Part Time Impact Reviews | Glassdoor.co.uk

Hollister Co. CEO Mike Jeffries
Mike Jeffries

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
Cons
  • Call in shifts were a pain too, too often if you were on call youd find that you werent needed (in 120 reviews)

• Minimum wage in NC was not worth what you had to deal with (in 257 reviews)

1. "Amazing Place to Work"

Current Employee - Impact in Glasgow, Scotland
    Current Employee - Impact in Glasgow, Scotland

I have been working at Hollister Co. part-time (More than a year)

Pros

Change your availability on the fly,
    increase your social circle,
    improve your confidence,
    vibrant work space,
    lovely managers,
    swap shifts with other associates with ease,
    nice discount

Cons

Even though you set your availability that doesn't mean you will always get shifts,
    regional manager brings the mood in the workplace down when she visits,
    can be quite stressful as managers can ask a lot from you at once,

Advice to Management

regional manager should be more positive in the workplace

2. "Good job if you are good at it"

Former Employee - Impact Team Member in Guildford, England
    Former Employee - Impact Team Member in Guildford, England

I worked at Hollister Co. part-time (More than a year)

Pros

Flexible working, fantastic people and a great camaraderie spirit. Hollister is great for young uni or post uni graduates to get a bit of cash and enjoy working. If you were a good worker you would get a lot of hours.

Cons

The look policy was very strict which i believe has now been relaxed. Call in shifts were a pain too, too often if you were on call youd find that you werent needed.

Advice to Management

Be more independent. Managers were controlled by the book and memos from head office. They werent really in command, just at the bottom of a very long chain of command stretching all the way to America.

3. "Hollister UK"

Former Employee - Impact Team Member/Sales Associate in London, England
    Former Employee - Impact Team Member/Sales Associate in London, England

I worked at Hollister Co. part-time (More than a year)

Pros

A great group of young people working together
    Great store atmosphere
    Straightforward hiring process

Cons

In a whole shift you wouldn't earn enough to buy a sweater or pair of jeans from the store which was demoralising, especially since the staff discount was minimal and you were limited to buying only a few items per season that you would mostly wear at work anyways.
    Mangers were required to have a degree of any kind; some of the team leaders were very young with no more retail experience than the general staff.
    While 'models' were working on the floor at daytime, nighttime workers would do most of the work.

Advice to Management

Offer better incentives for employees and train management/ team leaders or make sure they have hands-on experience.

5. "good place to work"

Former Employee - Impact Team Member in Liverpool, England
    Former Employee - Impact Team Member in Liverpool, England

I worked at Hollister Co. (Less than a year)

Pros

Cool store to work for, young management team

Cons

Pushed to buy clothes from the latest range - not reimbursed

Advice to Management

Keep it up

6. "Impact team member"

Current Employee - Impact Team Member in London, England
    Current Employee - Impact Team Member in London, England

Pros

Amazing environment with amazing people, flexible hours, generous discounts.

Cons

I cannot think something negative so far. Everything seems good without any problem

7. "Impact Associate"

Former Employee - Impact Associate in Aberdeen, Scotland
    Former Employee - Impact Associate in Aberdeen, Scotland

Pros

It is flexible, great people, managers are young and are therefore easier to engage with, the job is easy overall, great discounts, nice atmosphere, good music (sometime repetitive).

Cons

hour-cuts represented clocked-in staff to work more and not get paid over-time and other associates barely getting any hours. Forced to buy certain clothes as uniform and wear it the way they want us too.

Advice to Management

Managers sometimes lack leadership skills, autocratic styles tend to come forward. Might be in relation to younger workers as well (15-18 yrs).

8. "Great company to work for"

Current Employee - Impact
    Current Employee - Impact

I have been working at Hollister Co. full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

flexiblity, and great pay for no experience

Cons

long and late hours on busy seasons

9. "3 Years - Impact Team Member"

Former Employee - Impact Team Member in Cardiff, Wales
    Former Employee - Impact Team Member in Cardiff, Wales

I worked at Hollister Co. part-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

- Great environment to work in with loads of amazing people (I thought they would be pretentious and snobby but all the "models" and "impacters" were delightful
    - 0 Hour contracts can be a double edged sword but if your at university then it's wonderful as you can work and study at the same time
    - Decent discount

Cons

- Getting shifts during non-peak store months can be very difficult if you are a new member that hasnt proven themselves yet

10. "My experience at hollister"

Current Employee - Impact Team Member in Bath, England
    Current Employee - Impact Team Member in Bath, England

Pros

I have been working as one of the impact team for 4 weeks now. many people say the they pay is minimum wage. I work in a store in England where I get payed More than my sister who works in a busy well known restaurant, so I'm not complaining about that:) before I started working there, I though the other employees would be kind of intimidating and not too nice to work with, but I was so wrong. Everyone working there was so friendly and helpful to me:) I was lucky when I started as I got hours straight away, and 6 hours for my first shift! (Usually it's 4) which I was happy about. I really like my managers and the team in which I work with:)

Cons

I originally applied as a model and was told I got the job, but on the orientation I was told I would need to wear hard topped shoes and would be working mostly in the stockroom, which confused me. I wasn't annoyed that I was impact, just the fact that no one told me and I didn't get an explanation to why I wasn't hired as my chosen position. One guy I work with said that he has only had 5 shifts since December ( it's now may) which I think is really unfair and that the managers should share them out more equally.
    If I could give one tip on how to get more hours, it would be to become as close as you can to the managers. The friendlyer you are, the more they will want you around, so the more hours you will get.
    Another downside is that you can't date the managers... Wahhhh

Advice to Management

Please can you add a variety of songs to the playlists!!! We don't like hearing the same six songs repeated 100 times a day

"Perfect workplace for bubby eens"

Former Employee - Impact Team Member in Reading, England
    Former Employee - Impact Team Member in Reading, England

I worked at Hollister Co. part-time (More than a year)

Pros

This is a good place to work if you're 16-19. It's very laid back, easy work and a lot of fun depending on your personality. It's very flexible, you can take time off whenever you want or give away/take shifts.

I have worked as both model and impact. A lot of people think working impact is a step down but the shift actuallly goes a lot quicker and can be more fun in my opinion

Cons

-Transferring to other stores can be difficult, especially if you don't know the staff there. You will most likely have to interview and sometimes they won't take you
    -If you're not into spending all day talking about sex, partying, drinking, casual sex and tanning you probably won't fit in here.
    - If you're over 20 you'll probably feel old here