HomeAdvisor Reviews

Found 1,278 of over 1,313 reviews

3.1
HomeAdvisor CEO Oisin Hanrahan
Oisin Hanrahan
Pros
  • "Very nice people fun work environment(in 67 reviews)

• "Uncapped commission, Great people to work with(in 60 reviews)

• Cons
  • "It's pretty well known that it's a scam, that's why they have you making 150-200 dials per day until you catch someone(in 31 reviews)

• "Was basically told to bully people into going with home advisor(in 24 reviews)

• More Pros and Cons
    Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.
    1. 5.0
      Featured Review

Awesome company!!!!

May 26, 2021 - Sales in Golden, CO
      Business Outlook

Pros

Trainers and managers put their whole hearts into helping sales team win!!!!

Cons

You cannot work too much extra

HomeAdvisor Response

Recruitment Marketing Specialist

We appreciate you taking the time to write a review- and highlighting our AMAZING trainers and managers! We take pride in creating a place where everyone can be successful. Thank You!

2. 5.0
      Current Employee

Cool

Dec 6, 2020 - Anonymous Employee
      Business Outlook

Pros

Cool Awesome amazing pizza beer

Cons

Nothing nada zilch nope nah

3. 1.0
      Former Employee, more than 5 years

Went corporate in the worst way possible

Jun 24, 2021 - Senior Software Developer
      Business Outlook

Pros

* Nice new building with great facilities in the Denver/RiNo area. * Good opportunities to work with a variety of cutting-edge technologies.

Cons

When I started at HomeAdvisor in 2015, it still very much felt like a startup. I was part of a wonderful team of developers who genuinely enjoyed each other's company and gelled well together. Needless to say, we were a highly effective and productive team. Fast forward a couple of years to when HomeAdvisor merged with Angie's List, taking the company public, and things started to change. First off, they didn't offer shares to the employees (despite vague promises to do so). Instead, they gave RSUs that vested in 3 years, and even then, only after a lot of pressure from the employees. Then they started dropping company events because "we had grown too much" and restricting team expenditure (goodbye team building activities). Slowly, they stopped promoting people internally and started hiring managers who were results-driven and not relationship-driven. Everything became about the money, and good product ideas that served the network of professionals were dismissed because they could impact profits. Good, smart people began to feel like they didn't belong anymore and started to leave. Eventually, HomeAdvisor became a company that would turn to mass layoffs as a part of its business strategy and long-term (20+ year) employees would be pushed out because they "couldn't keep up". (I also think there might have been a push to get rid of people instead of paying out those RSUs, but that is unfounded speculation). Basically, HomeAdvisor became a "me-first" kind of company and not a place that rewards loyalty, hard work, or compassion. I do not recommend working at HomeAdvisor/Angi.

7 people found this review helpful
    4. 2.0
      Former Employee, more than 1 year

Unethical company, lives in the grey area of legality..

Jun 10, 2021 - Inside Sales Representative in New York, NY
      Business Outlook

Pros

Training class friends, really cool people.

Cons

Scare tactic quotas with minimal training once you are on a team. Your manager has 12 other people to worry about once you are put on a team. If you don't grind with 350+ calls a day you will get fired because you will not be good enough to make sales. Working at this company for two years, I know how this company operates and they live in the grey area of what is legal. Morality has no place in this workplace. If you are flip flopping between singing up a cleaning lady who you know will fail for that 6th sale on the week to make an extra $800, you better believe you're going to do that. If you want to be ethical and sign up people the right way, you will make far less than those who sell their sole for this company. HA has the best legal team in the USA because they've been in a class action law suit since I began working there and they are still operating while contining to screw over half of the contractors they sign up. Look at some online reviews. Best advice I can give you if you just got out of college is stay here one year and you will be able to sell like a beast.. just find a better company once you get the hang of it!!

2 people found this review helpful
    5. 4.0
      Former Employee, more than 1 year

if you're good, it's great!

Jul 23, 2021 - Sales Manager in Indianapolis, IN
      Business Outlook

Pros

If you have the sales abilities, work ethic, and are coachable enough to be good at selling the service, you can make a ton of money.

Cons

It's a large company, so unless you're the top 5% in performers, it doesn't seem to mean anything if they lost you. Even the top performers seem to have a target on them, and it seems as if it's very easy for them to be terminated. Perhaps their comp plan is meant for a certain amount of success, but when someone exceeds it, it makes more sense, financially, to let them go.

6. 4.0
      Current Employee, more than 1 year

work hard-pay is high

Jul 29, 2021 - Inside Sales Representative in New York, NY
      Business Outlook

Pros

if you are self motivated, and want to put in the work you benefit from uncapped commission

Cons

inconsistent pay if you are not motivated on a regular basis

7. 1.0
      Former Employee, less than 1 year

This was not a good experience.

Jun 28, 2021 - Anonymous Employee
      Business Outlook

Pros

WFH and met some great individuals.

Cons

During training some much was omitted from the entire new hires as a whole! Once we “graduated”, we were separated to join new teams in different dictatorships. Let me begin by saying that the whole account retention fact was a hard hit due to the fact that during training we were told to just SELL. My role was a Sales consultant, not customer service and for sure not an account manager! We were reminded daily about these ridiculous “plans” we would have to get on for not meeting sales goals, poor attendance, not making call time and for account retention. I witnessed plenty of shady things that perhaps HR should be made aware of. All the better leads were given to the Reps with the highest sales and all the others were given dead or terrible leads. These poor contractors were called literally 2-3 times a week! They hate hearing from this company and most certainly the reps. After a few months and all the constant toxicity I reached a breaking point. I was mentally drained and I felt my soul aching from the guilt of feeling like I was ripping Contractors off of their hard earned money!

3 people found this review helpful
    8. 1.0
      Former Employee, less than 1 year

Terrible

Jul 27, 2021 - Sales
      Business Outlook

Pros

It’s a very team oriented workplace, you can reach out for support from senior salespeople. Up beat work atmosphere they encourage you to have good music playing while making calls

Cons

High volume cold calling, it’s hard and was just terrible for my mental health. I honestly couldn’t leave fast enough. The company doesn’t have a good customer reputation and makes sales extremely difficult. Meeting minimum calls and talk time is the most important thing next to selling people. I couldn’t sell a bogus product to l hard working people.

9. 1.0

STAY AWAY - Unless you want to lose your sould

Jul 23, 2021 - Marketing Consultant in Golden, CO
      Business Outlook

Pros

Beers on Fridays so you can drown your tears away. Morality has no place in this workplace.

Cons

If you want to be ethical and sign up people the right way, you will make far less than those who sell their soul for this company. Customers are treated like dirt and it's encouraged to call prospects in States where phone recording is not allowed.. This way, you can blatantly lie to potential customers. The product is a scam, and this company was in class-action lawsuits since the day I began.

10. 1.0
      Current Employee, less than 1 year

I DON'T CARE WHAT'S GOING ON IN YOUR LIFE DON'T WORK AT HOME ADVISOR

Jul 22, 2021 - Sales Representative in Las Vegas, NV
      Business Outlook

Pros

Remote uncapped bonus remote uncapped bonus

Cons

BOILER ROOM OPERATIONS. CHANGED NAME TO ANGI FROM HOME ADVISOR ABD SALES TOLD TO LIE NO CHANGES IN PROGRAM SCAM. I KNOW I WASTED MY LIFE AND SULLIED MY ETHICS. THIS PLACE HAS MAYBE 5 YEARS LEFT. TOTAL SCAM THEY RAPE BANK ACCOUNTS. CON ARTIST

Viewing 1 - 10 of 1,278 Reviews