HomeServe UK Reviews | Glassdoor.co.uk

4.4
HomeServe UK CEO Greg Reed
Greg Reed

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • "There are too many pros to list - its just generally a great place to work" (in 62 reviews)

• "Everyone is valued and you feel you can really make a difference" (in 21 reviews)

Cons
  • "No cons for me I love everything about homeserve" (in 26 reviews)

• "Due to being under resourced the work life balance is affected" (in 10 reviews)

"Claims Senior Customer Service Manager Honest Review"

Current Employee - Head of Customer Service in Preston, North West England, England

I have been working at HomeServe UK full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I have decided to finally join Glassdoor, so I could review and get to see what others also think.

I joined Homeserve almost 6 months ago. My job title is Head of Customer Services,
    I have worked in a Customer Service and Contact Centre environment for just over 20 years.
    I can honestly say, hand on heart that I have never worked anywhere like Homeserve.
    I have worked for a number of Regionally, Nationally and Internationally award winning companies and they have not been as good, or as dedicated to both its customers and its people as Homeserve.

My first impressions-
    First and foremost, I have found that the people up and down the Country are really welcoming, really lovely people and I have found this in every team, at every level of seniority.
    It does not matter how senior you are or how long you have been in the organisation every person is valued and treated as an equal. But I have to say that the Preston people are truly warm hearted, kind and genuine.
    I have found that I have been really made to feel welcome by teams and that teams are really open to giving feedback, both good and constructive and we have great dialogues.

Training -
    I went through the full FNOL training, with some totally awesome people who are now close colleagues and friends, and the training and trainer was really good and tailored to each individual’s learning style and learning need. I have personally come away with a really great understanding of the business and can now regularly take calls with colleagues and become part of the team at every level.

Director -
    The Director Gareth is a genuinely nice person, who I have found to be really approachable and I have seen him consciously introduce himself to every new group of trainees that have entered the business in Preston and has an open door policy to any member of the team.
    I have approached him for a number of reasons both personally and on behalf of people in teams, who have needed his personal help and support which he has given 100%

The Senior Team -
    Between myself and the other Senior Managers, we are a team like any other in the business, we have lots in common and at the same time we are all very different and have lots of really good experience which we use to pull and support each other and these things combined makes us a dynamic team who really care about the people, our friends and colleagues and customers that are part of our daily lives.

Change -
    In have found that change is really fast paced and constant, as it is in many businesses. However Homeserve really invest in ensuring that change is explored, tested and and delivered. There is a team dedicated who work really hard and really closely with the contact centre and I have found make a real difference.

Coaches -
    There are teams of Coaches who I have found to be kind, warm people who support the centre enormously and while covering their job descriptions fantastically also go way over and above them. I think Homeserve really show their investment in their people with these teams, as there are other organisations who either do not have coaches or have had 1 coach for the entire site.
    I am personally really grateful for these teams and the fab people in them.

Ideas and making an impact -
    I have approached my senior managers with a number of ideas and areas where we might want to change or consider new approaches and these have been taken on board and many now have been implemented.
    I have also seen many people’s ideas across all non roles in the centre, taken and listened to, and implemented, and it shows that you can have ideas and make an impact at any level.

The Exec and CEO -
    I have had a number of 1-2-1’s and all I had to do was ask!
    I have found then to be very approachable.
    I remember my 1-2-1 with the CEO where he didn’t ask the management team to focus on stats, costs, numbers or anything else except one thing.
    He said, ‘how do you want our people to feel now, next week and in 6 months and beyond’.
    This was the only thing he cared about, how our people feel.

Summary -
    Homeserve and Preston Claims has so much to be proud of, and I know that Preston Contact Centre would not only be competitive against previous contact centre industry winners, but we would no doubt wipe the floor with them in many categories.
    And I can say this as a previous multi title winner.

I think we sometimes become complacent and it becomes very easy to focus on the very few (but important) things that could be better and forget to shout from the rooftops the very many things that are brilliant, which includes ourselves,our colleagues and our workplace cultures and environment.

I am really proud and happy to work in Claims and for the first time in a while, really look forward to going to work every day, and working along side really brilliant people doing a really brilliant job.

Cons

Like everything everywhere there is always room for improvement and nothing is ever a finished article and that is true for every person (especially myself) every team, every department and every company.
    However I have a real belief that Homeserve is a company that is open to new approaches and new ways of working, no matter who you are in the company or how long you have been in the company.
    It’s also very supportive in doing the right thing and is 100% committed to supporting its people in improving themselves, improving its process and improving the lives of the customers who we are there to provide a wonderful customer experience for.

Advice to Management

We are all guilty of focusing on 1 or 2 areas that could be better, which is important but my advice to everyone would be, let’s start celebrating our success more, as there is so much to be proud of!!

"1st Class Company"

Current Employee - CLAIMS ADVISOR in Preston, North West England, England
    Current Employee - CLAIMS ADVISOR in Preston, North West England, England

I have been working at HomeServe UK full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Strong management team. Which over the last few months has been added to by the outstanding Vicky McGurk. Who has made a real difference and had a positive impact on the centre.

Cons

Not all managers are as consistent as others.

"Some changes are definitely for the better"

Current Employee - Claims Team Manager in Preston, North West England, England
    Current Employee - Claims Team Manager in Preston, North West England, England

I have been working at HomeServe UK full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

As an experienced Claims Team Manager I have recently joined the team under the new OM Vicky.

I have to say this is the first time I have felt valued, and felt as though I belong to a team. Our OM comes into Team meetings, has 1-2-1 with any member of staff including those across any team.

We have been given really motivation and competitive edge to how we deliver SLA’s and only focus on a few metrics across the team, which enable us to meet the metrics very easily.
    As Team managers everyone has a lead area, which means we are working really closely together as a wider team, and have each other’s backs when we need a lift.

Teams are feeling great, and everyone feels equally respected and valued across agents and other managers.

Thai is a great time to join HomeServe.

Cons

My only cons are that all the OMs and Team Managers are not consistent and need to look at what is working and emulate it.
    This isn’t meant in a nasty way to other OMs but perception speaks volumes.

Advice to Management

You gave the engagement lead to one OM for a reason, this is the way operations should be led!

HomeServe UK Response

6 Nov 2018 – HomeServe Team

Thank you for the great review!

"Not what it used to be"

I have been working at HomeServe UK full-time

Pros

Good benefits and the office is being refurbished to a very high standard so we have somewhere nice to work

Cons

The OMs are a mixed bunch and the TMs are terrible. I don't get any development and TM focuses on the negative. Would it kill you to give some praise?

Advice to Management

Martin Bennett used to say it was the people that made the business great but this belief seems to have left the company along with him.

HomeServe UK Response

13 Nov 2018 – Director of Claims

Thanks for your review. I'm taking a punt here that you are in Preston because you've referenced the refurbishment that our offices are currently having. If I'm wrong, please let me know however, if... More

"Still a Great Company to work for"

Current Employee - Director in Walsall, England
    Current Employee - Director in Walsall, England

I have been working at HomeServe UK full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Strong sense of vision and values, people and customer promises at the forefront of everything we do. Everyone is valued and you feel you can really make a difference. It is extremely busy and there is a high expectation that change and new projects will be absorbed within current resource as we grow and add new policy books and partners. To be successful in Homeserve you need to be able to balance many priorities.

Cons

Many departments are siloed, working on their own objectives at a different pace to other departments which can cause some challenges. The root cause is often that systems are not robust enough to cope with the plethora of changes we throw at them and we have to find manual workarounds which are painful. This also means that teams often are working below the level they expect. There is major investment in systems so this is improving, especially now that we recognise that projects should be more agile and deliver regularly.

Advice to Management

There is more focus on strategy now and a clearer direction with regular director meetings which we can share with our teams. The focus on diversity and inclusion is great and not before time, however we need to be conscious not to positively discriminate and still ensure a meritocracy.

"A Company Matching my Ambition"

Current Employee - Service Excellence Manager in Liverpool, England
    Current Employee - Service Excellence Manager in Liverpool, England

I have been working at HomeServe UK full-time

Pros

Great team of people. Great ethos. Opportunities for progression. Rewarded for effort. Well supported.

Cons

Honestly, none so far. Usual frustrations with systems and process, but no different anywhere else.

Advice to Management

Improve communication of business updates and growth to field based staff.

"Look after your staff and they will look after your customers"

I have been working at HomeServe UK full-time (More than a year)

Pros

-More like a family- high trust levels
    -Development opportunities
    -Great management (CEO and Exec)
    -High growth

Cons

-Minimum 5 words required here

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work, looking forward to the next chapter!

"Such a supportive company."

I have been working at HomeServe UK full-time

Pros

- investment in development is a high priority,
    - recognition of hard work and effort
    - opportunity to have your say in an honest and open manner without fear of repercussions.
    - really care about their customers
    - want to invest and look after their employees

Cons

- Some of the procedures are mismatch across the different areas.

"Great place to work"

Current Employee - Head of Service Excellence
    Current Employee - Head of Service Excellence

I have been working at HomeServe UK full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Staff at all levels genuinely care about delivering a great service to our customers. We value staff engagement to ensure we can provide a great customer journey. Open door approach to leadership.

Cons

Reporting and systems - new systems in development should hopefully rectify a lot of the manual work around currently in place.

Advice to Management

Wider use of personal development opportunities

10. "Great Company"

Current Employee - Accountant in Walsall, England
    Current Employee - Accountant in Walsall, England

I have been working at HomeServe UK full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Great Vision, everyone is involved in making a difference. Internal training and development is good. Engagement is best I have know in a company

Cons

Not consistent promotions or engagement across functions. Eg Marketing compared to Finance

Advice to Management

Promote from within on the salary you would bring in an external candidate. Very demoralising