Found 815 of over 1K reviews
- Most Recent
- Highest Rating
- Lowest Rating
Top Review Highlights by Sentiment
Excerpts from user reviews, not authored by Glassdoor
- "Great people to work with" (in 92 reviews)
- "I've been at HomeServe for 3 years now and I can honestly say there's such a great culture here." (in 68 reviews)
- "Benefits are good and you are treated like an adult if you are in the right role (not call centre staff)" (in 46 reviews)
- "Management are approachable and friendly regardless of peer ranking one big family" (in 32 reviews)
- "Development opportunities" (in 31 reviews)
- "Senior managers make decisions not realising how it will affect staff who have worked extremely hard." (in 20 reviews)
- "Senior management are consistently CV focused and deliver what suits them, and not what the business actually needs." (in 14 reviews)
- "Long hours for engineers and some office staff no understanding distances or not caring for the engineers" (in 6 reviews)
- "They will stop at nothing to make more money." (in 5 reviews)
- 1.012 Apr 2023Customer Service RepresentativeFormer Employee, more than 10 yearsWalsall, England
Some good staff who value one another, though all of them are at junior level. Free parking is a bonus Get paid on time
Incredibly unrealistic targets in retention by manipulating the lines agents are on. Work culture has is nothing but like a prison due to incompetent lower and middle managers. Promotions only go to family and friends. Unconscious racism is vile No pay raise in years apparently I was already "over-paid" due to length of service. Glad I left and my mental health has improved greatly.1
- 3.020 Jul 2023Claims AdviserFormer Employee, more than 1 yearPreston, North West England, England
Good pay for overtime great incentive
Long hours no real work life balance
- 5.06 Jul 2023Field Service ManagerCurrent Employee, more than 5 yearsLiverpool, England
Culture is very good, need to make sure that we don't loose that over next few years after take over from Brookfield
Not all vacancies are advertised.
- 1.018 Apr 2023Anonymous EmployeeFormer Employee, less than 1 yearWalsall, England
The people within the department are all lovely.
From the information on the job spec right through until you hit the call centre floor, the truth of the role is hidden. Your role is literally to sit there and be screamed or shouted at by angry customers who have had terrible service by some of the HomeServe engineers or contractors who never have to face the issue again.1
- 3.02 Jun 2023Customer Service Representative (CSR)Former Employee, more than 8 yearsWalsall, England
Free pizza on special occasions Good networking opportunities Can progress if willing too and work hard enough to
Micromanagement is ridiculous in call center1
HomeServe UK Reviews FAQs
HomeServe UK has an overall rating of 3.4 out of 5, based on over 1,081 reviews left anonymously by employees. 61% of employees would recommend working at HomeServe UK to a friend and 50% have a positive outlook for the business. This rating has decreased by -8% over the last 12 months.
61% of HomeServe UK employees would recommend working there to a friend based on Glassdoor reviews. Employees also rated HomeServe UK 3.3 out of 5 for work life balance, 3.7 for culture and values and 3.1 for career opportunities.