HomeServe UK Reviews | Glassdoor.co.uk

Updated 19 October 2017

Full-timePart-time

4.7

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • A great place to work where they look after the people (in 46 reviews)

• Senior management want honest opinions so they can resolve issues to make Homeserve an even better place to work (in 32 reviews)

Cons
  • No cons I can think of something far (in 21 reviews)

• I believe senior management look after their departments so much so it effects relationships with other areas of the business (in 13 reviews)

"Great company to work for"

Current Employee - Plumbing Engineer in Reading, England
    Current Employee - Plumbing Engineer in Reading, England

I have been working at HomeServe UK full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The support you receive is second to none! Can’t fault any of the management I’ve had dealings with and are always looking to help you improve you skill sets

Cons

Long hours for engineers and some office staff no understanding distances or not caring for the engineers

Advice to Management

Increase training for deployment teams

"Seven years on it keeps getting better"

Current Employee - Plumber in Dover, England
    Current Employee - Plumber in Dover, England

I have been working at HomeServe UK full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

This company continues to listen, support and act upon anything to support us. From pay reviews to Rota changes if they can help this will. Not to forget the care support in place to take that next step.

Cons

Greg Reed's story's. Please stop them!!

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work look after us and we will look after the customers

"One of a kind ..."

Current Employee - Marketing Manager in Walsall, England
    Current Employee - Marketing Manager in Walsall, England

I have been working at HomeServe UK full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

- Very clear and well communicated business strategy as well as updates on goals throughout the year.
    - Direct access to an unbelievably approachable senior management team.
    - A very special culture. A lot of businesses claim to have created a "family like" feel. HomeServe truly has. I have a real sense of belonging, people at all levels genuinely care about the customers and eachother. It is a long way off what is was when I started back in 2011 so ignore any negativity from people who worked here years ago. It's not the same place.
    - Everybody has a voice. It really doesn't matter what level or where you are in the business, you have the chance to be heard and taken seriously. Our CMO & CEO have an open door policy and hold regular one to one meetings with people from all over the business.
    - A brilliant, growing brand. Now is a fantastic time to get involved as we take on the next couple of years!

Cons

Transparency of pay/development structures within our Marketing department. This isn't really a con as I believe I am paid well for my job, however if there was one thing I could change, it would be this.

Advice to Management

Continue with the great work. People first.
    Ensure that the right people are in the right roles to get the best out of people.

"I'm proud to say I work for homeserve"

Current Employee - Operations Support Advisor in Nottingham, England
    Current Employee - Operations Support Advisor in Nottingham, England

I have been working at HomeServe UK full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I have been working at homeserve for less than a year and i have enjoyed every minute of my time here, homeserve have great leaders such as Martin Bennett, Greg Reed and Aaron Ali they are all great and very helpful, they have all helped us get to our new home at aspect house which is great, I believe the company will grow as time goes by.
    I would recommend all my friends and family to work for an excellent company like homeserve.

Cons

I don't have any cons, everything is positive :)

Advice to Management

Keep up the good job!

"The best company you could work for!"

I have been working at HomeServe UK full-time

Pros

You are looked after! The opportunities are limitless, if you have what it takes then you can go anywhere with HomeServe. Personally I have developed from the phones to a Team Manager and now inspiring to become a Senior Manager within my field...I did this within 5 years! I could go on and on...but overall it will be very hard to find a company that is this Customer and People focused! Looks after it's people the rest looks after itself...

Cons

Can't think of anything...however I need to have a minimum of 5 words in this section to continue...

Advice to Management

Let's continue to strive to be the best...

"A company that cares"

Current Employee - Coach Support Customer Service Representative in Walsall, England

I have been working at HomeServe UK full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great people in general who are genuinely friendly and care about their work
    Open management willing to listen
    Support if you're struggling to help you improve
    Progression is there if you want it - the company makes lots of effort to develop and promote from within
    Friendly atmosphere
    Lots of effort and activities to engage individual departments with the company as a whole.

Cons

(In my opinion these are all pretty minor cons...)

Stats are tracked in the callcentre, more in some departments than others. This probably happens in all callcentres to an extent though.
    Some people just come for the pay and don't engage
    In the callcentre shift patterns vary daily meaning one day you could be on a late shift, the next an early.

Advice to Management

Keep it up!

"A fun, unique and authentic culture that you wouldn't want to leave."

Current Employee - Director of Procurement in Birmingham, England
    Current Employee - Director of Procurement in Birmingham, England

I have been working at HomeServe UK full-time (More than a year)

Pros

HomeServe is different.

The culture is genuine. We believe in doing the right thing for our customers, and believe that investing and supporting our people is the best way of delivering this.

This is bought into across all levels of management, and gives everyone a clear direction on the strategy. More importantly however this makes it fun to work here, and spills over into a unique culture that you see every day - be it in looking after vulnerable customers, putting things back into the community, doing the right thing or simply silly events and eating too much pizza!

And it's working. The company is doing well, and this is allowing us to invest in new areas and new acquisitions. Definitely not boring, and not for those wanting a quiet life.

Cons

There is always a lot of change going on, and we are still sometimes on the learning curve here.

Advice to Management

Keep focussing on the big stuff and dropping the less important distractions.

"Awesome company"

Former Employee - Business Operations Manager in Walsall, England
    Former Employee - Business Operations Manager in Walsall, England

I worked at HomeServe UK full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Always attempting to do the right thing for customer and colleagues.
    Rewarded people well.
    Created a strategy and worked towards achieving it.
    Fair and honest to its customers and people.

Cons

Maybe spent too much time listening to external consultants when most of the answers were see to spot.

Advice to Management

You don't need it just keep going forward.

"First Class"

Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Walsall, England
    Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Walsall, England

I have been working at HomeServe UK full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

I have been working at this company for the past 10 years. Working in various departments and learning so many skills. The reason I have been there so long? The People! There are so many talented individuals, they truly care and doing the right thing is a shared value across all tiers of the business.

The culture has changed dramatically since I first arrived. It is not a numbers game, it is about owning situations and proving an effortless experience for the Customers.

There are plenty of opportunities for development across the Company. In different locations and job roles. I'm currently pursuing a career in Management! I have been supported and encouraged throughout the journey. One of the board directors even gave me valuable career advice! People at the top are available to talk to and the CEO even encourages One to One sessions with him, where else would you get that?

The training at the start may be a little daunting. There is a lot to take in but there is a lot of support available and there is always someone on hand to help out. Be patient, work hard and the opportunities will come to progress within the company and as an individual.

The Retention Department is arguably the busiest/most difficult but is also very rewarding. You would pick up so many skills and the people there are Outstanding!

I'd basically recommend anyone to work here, there are jobs at all levels and with the right attitude, you will go far!

I'm in the process of setting up my own business at the moment and have gained so many transferable skills. Especially in regards to Customer Service/Experience. It inspires my business model!

Bottom line : give HomeServe a try!

Cons

Understaffed at times, especially Saturdays. I know this is being addressed though by our recruitment drive....

Advice to Management

Keep doing what your doing!

"A REALLY Great Company To Work For"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Walsall, England
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Walsall, England

I have been working at HomeServe UK full-time (More than a year)

Pros

A lot of companies say this, but HomeServe genuinely deliver it - they care about their People. It seems that everybody is always smiling and always happy here.

Cons

None that I've found yet