HomeServe UK Reviews | Glassdoor.co.uk

Updated 23 February 2018

Full-timePart-time

4.5

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • Just generally a great place to work (in 59 reviews)

• it's a place where anyone with a mind to can make a difference (in 22 reviews)

Cons
  • There are no cons working for HomeServe that I have come across in the time I have worked here (in 25 reviews)

• Due to being under resourced the work life balance is affected (in 9 reviews)

1. Featured Review

"The HomeServe Family"

I have been working at HomeServe UK full-time

Pros

I often have said that it is only when times get tough that you truly understand the support you have around you. Well times recently got extremely tough for me to the point that I truly let myself down. Other organisations who do not have the caring Culture of HomeServe may have taken an extremely dim view of my situation but certain members of our Senior Leadership team including our CEO did the complete opposite. It was their support and desire to help me in my time of need that turned my situation round in both my work and home life. One particular message has stuck with me, which was when the CEO said “The more you need me the more I’ll give”.
    Am I surprised by this response, not at all. The Culture of this organisation is way above any I have worked in before. Two main Charters drive the company focus, our Customer Charter and our People Charter and unlike most organisations these are not just decorations on the walls but drive the way the organisation works. If you have the right ethics and morels there is no better organisation to work for.
    I don’t believe the people who helped me will ever fully understand the impression they have left and the difference they have made. This Company is a truly magnificent place to work hence the title “The HomeServe Family”.

Cons

I have no negatives to share

HomeServe UK Response

8 Dec 2017 – Communications

This is so great to read, I’m really glad that you received the support you needed. Thanks for taking the time to post a review.

2. "Brilliant company to work for"

Current Employee - Technical Gas Engineer in Birmingham, England
    Current Employee - Technical Gas Engineer in Birmingham, England

I have been working at HomeServe UK full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Good support, career progression, friendly, family friendly, encourage volunteering and support the community.

Cons

some of the systems are a little clunky but that is being worked on

Advice to Management

keep going and don't stop looking after the staff

"Happy"

Current Employee - Field Support Specialist in Warrington, North West England, England

I have been working at HomeServe UK full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Great company to work for very focused on keeping its people happy.

Cons

Not a lot of negatives, I really enjoy my job.

Advice to Management

Focus as much on managers as we do engineers and our customers.

"Gas engineer"

Current Employee - Gas Engineer in Liverpool, England
    Current Employee - Gas Engineer in Liverpool, England

I have been working at HomeServe UK full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Work/life balance
    Job progression and opportunities
    Exciting company to work for with a great future
    Well respected and treated well
    Overtime opportunities and chances to work away
    Great incentives
    Inspirational leaders

Cons

Can't think of any

"Contact Centre Team Manager"

Current Employee - Contact Center Team Leader in Nottingham, England
    Current Employee - Contact Center Team Leader in Nottingham, England

I have been working at HomeServe UK full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The People & Customer Promise’s we see within HomeServe are what makes this place so incredible to work. I have been with HomeServe for 18 months now and came in at the transitional period from HES to HomeServe. The processes we have now adapted within HomeServe are ensuring we look to offer the best Gas Service to our customers and this is something we can now achieve in our brand new state of the art building. Not only can we attract great talent but also ensure we offer a world class training facility to both new recruits on the frontline but also new engineers to the business. The sense of togetherness throughout the business is shared from our CEO’s who are engaged with the visions set out to achieve our 2020 goals all the way to frontline colleagues. Something I have never seen before in any businesses! Clearly proves that if you take care of your employees they will take care of your customers.

Cons

The pace of change may not be suited to everyone. Change is so frequent, normally for the better!

Advice to Management

Continue to engage everyone across all business areas, focusing on the 2020 visions for the business. Keep doing what you’re doing!

"Great Place to Work"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Walsall, England

I have been working at HomeServe UK full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

I am approaching 5 years service and have been fortunate to have experienced different areas and roles.
    There are opportunities if you are prepared to work hard. I have been supported over the years by great Leaders, although I know I have to put the effort in.

Cons

There are some areas of the building that are looking tired in particular ceiling tiles look like they've been kicked round the car park a few times.

Advice to Management

Communication is the key

"New employee 6 months"

Current Employee - Outside Sales Representative in Walsall, England
    Current Employee - Outside Sales Representative in Walsall, England

I have been working at HomeServe UK full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

This company just want you to be happy bottom line! It’s easy to fit in, Everyone genuinely wants you to do well and this permeates throughout the whole company.

Cons

If your a little older like me you have be careful with the amount of food on offer. Subway, Domino Pizza, Chip butties are in a abundance!

Advice to Management

Classic formula for success : Dress British think Yiddish.

"Family"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Walsall, England

I have been working at HomeServe UK full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

What a great place to work. I have had some challenges with time needed to attend school meetings for my son who has been diagnosed with ADHD. When I have asked for time off each time my TM has been understanding and always allows me to attend which is great - a really caring organisation that looks after it people as if they were 'family'.

Cons

While we get free car parking on site it can be difficult at times to find a space however i understand as we support out front line by giving them priority parking

"Great company - a believe and achieve attitude to operating"

Current Employee - MI Analyst in Nottingham, England
    Current Employee - MI Analyst in Nottingham, England

I have been working at HomeServe UK full-time (More than a year)

Pros

It's a nice environment to work, the colleagues I work with here really make most days not only a new opportunity to learn and develop but also fun! I've never been made to feel uncomfortable around Senior Management and I also had the opportunity to sit down with our CEO Greg Reed, which was a really great experience for me and so different to anything I can think to compare with any other large businesses I've worked in. I've always found my Managers to have a flexible approach to working and listen as well as take on board my concerns. All in all there are lots of Pro's I could write here but It would get quite long.. We also have a pool table in our canteen area where you can find some of us hustling at lunch times!

Cons

At times the communication could be better

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work, bring the contracts in-line for acquisitions like HES employees

"Disappointing Experience"

Current Employee - Claims Adviser in Preston, North West England, England
    Current Employee - Claims Adviser in Preston, North West England, England

I have been working at HomeServe UK full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

The opportunity to help make a difference to customers in real need gives me great personal satisfaction.

Cons

The management team in Preston are incompetent and lack managerial qualities to encourage, motivate and support the staff. Due to the rapid business growth the workload is relentless and the staff are overworked and are not appreciated for their efforts. Progression is based on relationships with the managerial team rather than the skill, quality and experience one possesses. The turnover of staff is incredible, yet the business fail to make any effort in retaining valuable experience. All the management team seem to be concerned about is the grade of service, no care for the customer service or their staff.

Advice to Management

You can't except success without an engaged workforce. Your main focus should be to retain experienced staff who provide excellent customer experience in an effective manner.

HomeServe UK Response

21 Feb 2018 – Director of Quality

Thank you for taking the time to post a review. I really appreciate the work that our teams do and I’m sorry you feel overworked. Claims Advisors are essential to HomeServe and I’d love the... More