HomeServe USA Reviews

3.8
HomeServe USA CEO Thomas J. Rusin
Thomas J. Rusin
Pros
Cons
  • "There is a minimal lack of communication from upper management down to the rest of the floor(in 11 reviews)

• "We need new leadership in Chattanooga(in 7 reviews)

Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.
  1. "Certified as a Great Place to Work"

Current Employee - Vice President in Norwalk, CT

I have been working at HomeServe USA full-time for less than a year

Pros

The people at HomeServe are engaging and welcoming to new hires. The culture is open and inclusive. The company is growing which offers opportunities for individuals to grow. HomeServe offers work-from-home / flexible work arrangements.

Cons

HomeServe is a great company - no cons to share.

May 6, 2021Director, People Communications & Engagement

Thanks for pointing out our Great Place to Work Certification! Achievements like that happen only because of awesome people like you working here with us. HomeServe knows that flexibility is key when it comes to managing work and family responsibilities; that was especially important during the last year of the COVID-19 pandemic. We have an exciting future with lots of growth ahead, and we're glad you're here to be part of it.

2. "Not going Anywhere"

Current Employee - Content Developer in Chattanooga, TN

I have been working at HomeServe USA full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

I do enjoy being very close to my co-workers. I feel like I can truly be myself around my team.

Cons

Sometimes it's a downfall being so close to the ones you work with, you get attached and sometimes have expectations that can't be met. At the end of the day it is a job, and it has to be treated as such.

May 6, 2021Director, People Communications & Engagement

We really appreciate you taking time to share your feedback. Work family is sometimes like actual family, right?! We're glad you and your colleagues have a close working relationship and perform well together. Just like with family, keep communicating and working through any issues to come out stronger. If we've learned anything this past year, families, health and wellness are so important. Be sure to take the time you need when you need it to focus on those things. And we hope you're able to take advantage of the resources from our healthcare partners and other programs when you need help, guidance or resources. Be sure to check in with your People Business Partner if there's anything they can do to help when it comes to health, wellness and balance.

3. "Good starter company"

4.0
    Current Employee - HVAC Installer in Howell, NJ
    No Opinion of CEO

I have been working at HomeServe USA full-time

Pros

Very big company also union

Cons

Not much room for advancement

May 6, 2021Director, People Communications & Engagement

Thanks for taking a minute to share your feedback. We’re always glad to here from the people we work with. Team members like you working in the skilled trades play an important part in helping ensure we can be there when our customers need us. Whether repairing existing equipment or installing new, advanced HVAC models, we’re glad we can count on your knowledge and skills to do an excellent job every day.

4. "Choose HomeServe USA"

Current Employee - Manager in Chattanooga, TN

I have been working at HomeServe USA full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

HomeServe strives to put the customer at the heart of all they do. They are employee focused, value continuous improvement input and have a big heart when it comes to helping those less fortunate.

Cons

Salaries could be more competitive

May 6, 2021Director, People Communications & Engagement

Honestly, we're humbled at this feedback. The things you noted - putting the customer first; sincerely focusing on employee feedback and engagement; always working to improve to propel our growth; and giving back to people and communities where we live and work - those are the things that mean the most to HomeServe. We're glad they mean as much to you. Thanks for being part of the team!

5. COVID-19

"don’t bother."

1.0
    Current Employee - Analyst in Norwalk, CT
    No Opinion of CEO

I have been working at HomeServe USA full-time for less than a year

Pros

Work to home life balance.

Cons

Probably one of the worst jobs I’ve ever had and fortunately was able to leave before sticking it out for too long. Poor oversight from managers / higher up’s, they do not care about whether you have the tools to perform your job you are expected to be able to spit outputs out as of yesterday. Trying to remain relevant and inclusive just based on recent events not because they actually care about their employees. Total facade. Overall, do not waste your time working here they will pay extra to hire you but provide zero tools and mobility to move up. Performance metrics are a joke. Run away. Lack of communication from all departments. Prior to Covid, it seems that there was little to no organization in communication, order and how business works for them - bit chaotic. With Covid, seems like it’s all brought to light. Extreme favoritism is displayed in a majority of the departments. I left due to lack of training, feeling like a fish in an ocean with no direction and people needing information from you but little to no information / systems in place for you to provide them with that making it difficult to perform your job. Outdated systems.

Continue reading
  6. "Certified as one of the Best Places to Work"

I have been working at HomeServe USA full-time for more than a year

Pros

HomeServe invests in its people professionally and also personally. Good training, mentorship and engagement. Great work/life balance even virtually.

Cons

no cons at this time

May 6, 2021Director, People Communications & Engagement

Hi there! The people working alongside us throughout HomeServe - no matter their role - are key to our growth and success. They always have been, and they always will be. We're glad to count you as one of them. Thanks for the feedback, for being part of our team, and for choosing HomeServe as a place to grow and develop your career.

7. "Excellent Company"

Current Employee - VOC/Kudos Analyst in Chattanooga, TN

I have been working at HomeServe USA full-time

Pros

Family atmosphere. Supportive, approachable leadership. If you are unsure about something, you are coached- not yelled at or fired. Fantastic growth opportunities.

Cons

I really can't think of any

May 6, 2021Director, People Communications & Engagement

Thanks for sharing this note with us. Rule number one: No yelling! Seriously though, we're glad to hear you're able to work with your manager and your team as you get to know HomeServe. For new people, we know there's lots to learn, which is why our leaders and managers are approachable and supportive to help ensure your success. We're glad you're here!

8. COVID-19

"Great place to work!"

Current Employee - Director in Norwalk, CT

I have been working at HomeServe USA full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Incredibly supportive of employees. Immediately reassured everyone during Covid that we would not lose our jobs and still have bonuses. Leadership is approachable, transparent and always trying to improve the experience for employees.

Cons

Really no cons of working at Homeserve!

May 6, 2021Director, People Communications & Engagement

Thanks for stopping by and sharing your review. We're so glad to have you as part of the team! COVID-19 has proven a challenge for people and companies around the world, but having colleagues like you working alongside us played such an important part in ensuring we were able to do what we strive to do best: put people at the heart of everything we do.

9. "Love working at Homeserve!"

Current Employee - Applications Systems Analyst

I have been working at HomeServe USA full-time for more than a year

Pros

Excellent benefits, great manager, great place to grow and learns.

Cons

Like any other growing company we might have days with a lot of work.

May 6, 2021Director, People Communications & Engagement

Hey! Glad you popped over to Glassdoor to share your feedback. Opportunities for people to learn at work and grow their skillset is key to us here at HomeServe. We're excited that you've taken notice and hopefully participated in the learning opportunities the People Team provides. Plus, it's great to know you have an awesome manager. Don't just tell us; be sure to tell them too! Thanks for being part of the team.

10. "Great company"

Former Employee - Vendor Manager in Chattanooga, TN

I worked at HomeServe USA full-time

Pros

Growth, stability, leadership and Hours of operation.

Cons

New into third party vendors and really had no solid plan to manage.

May 6, 2021Director, People Communications & Engagement

Thanks so much for sharing your feedback. Even though you're not part of the team any more, we're glad you spent some time working here. We hope you had a good experience. As you noted, we're growing and growing, which is made possible by our excellent team and experienced leaders. And we'll take note of your mention related to third party vendors to see what improvements we can make to those processes and relationships. Thanks for the note!

Viewing 1 - 10 of 202 Reviews