Found 97 of over 103 reviews
- Most Recent
- Highest Rating
- Lowest Rating
What are your colleagues talking about?
Top Review Highlights by Sentiment
Excerpts from user reviews, not authored by Glassdoor
- "The people are amazing and loved coming to work everyday." (in 17 reviews)
- "Great culture and great perks!" (in 14 reviews)
- "The team is amazing and I enjoy coming into our office every day!" (in 6 reviews)
- "Benefits are good." (in 6 reviews)
- "there is flexibility in the day to day, great leadership in place, many internal tooling resources for execution, and fantastic benefits/other extra perks which make the job even more fun." (in 6 reviews)
- "From the head honcho of CX to the bottom of the chain of command they call management; are the reasons why HotelTonight CX is in turmoil." (in 6 reviews)
- "low pay (it starts out ok, just don't expect a raise)" (in 4 reviews)
- "Unlimited time off was great, but abused by many (great work life balance though as a positive)" (in 4 reviews)
- "Extremely poor CX management." (in 4 reviews)
- "No PTO time off approval." (in 3 reviews)
- 5.016 Aug 2018Anonymous EmployeeCurrent Employee, more than 1 yearLondon, England
HotelTonight's culture is something unique - Ask any current or former employer and they will tell you they feel they'll never work for a company with the vibe HT has. On top of that, the level of transparency and ownership is truly amazing, from interns to country managers. So many people start their careers at HT and I can say nobody regrets to do so
Change is constant and in a small office you can feel that even more. Additionally, working with SF may mean staying slightly longer ( work life balance is still ver good) and difficults collaboration and alignment
- 5.018 May 2018Anonymous EmployeeCurrent Employee, more than 3 yearsLondon, England
What can I say? I've learned so many things at this company. And I am not just talking about sales, account management, forecasting, building excel models etc. I am talking about Values. Transparency, respect, curiosity. We question things and we try to make them better, always with respect. I work with great people that I can call my friends, I am an active part of the decisions that the leadership team makes, and I had the opportunity to grow professionally inside HT, and even after more than 3 years, I still think I have a lot to do here! I truly think this is one of the best companies I could work for.
The headquarters are in SF so most departments are based there and I am sure working in our HQ would be more exciting. BUT, the good thing is that we can go there through our office exchange program!1
- 5.024 Apr 2018Market CoordinatorCurrent Employee, less than 1 yearLondon, England
- Given the opportunity to have complete ownership of your market(s) from day 1, hence high responsibility and independence - Highly client facing role, which involves being the HotelTonight expert, the Industry expert and the Revenue Management expert for your market(s) - Many opportunities to take part in cross functional projects within the company to hone skills different to those used for the day to day job - Work hard, play hard environment - Amazing people - Many perks such as health insurance, gym membership discount, all day everyday snacks, catered lunch on some days of the week, monthly events.
- One has to be prepared to adapt to change, as the environment is ever changing due to its fast paced nature. This can involve additional work at the very last minute in order to comply with the changes, but on the positive side, this is what makes it as interesting and fun as it is.HotelTonight Response6y
It makes me so happy to hear that you're loving your role on the Supply team. The ownership that Market Coordinators have over their market(s) is very special and unique, and I'm really proud of the career and skill development opportunities the Supply department has created for the team. And yes, change is a huge part of working at a startup. We change, adapt, and evolve so we can continue growing at a rapid pace and, of course, we learn a ton along the way. Thanks for being a part of the team!
- 5.023 Apr 2018Anonymous EmployeeCurrent Employee, more than 1 yearLondon, England
The best parts about HotelTonight are: 1) The people. Everyone is bright, driven, and a go-getter. 2) Autonomy. When you join the supply team and take over a market, you OWN the growth of that market, and quickly are given full autonomy to tackle its challenges in the way you see best fit as that city's expert. 3) Culture. We like to work hard, and will always be trying creative new tactics to push our markets forward. At the same time, we also recognize it's important to cultivate other interests outside of your job, and celebrate those.
HotelTonight isn't the place for you if you're not a hustler. The Supply Team roles are incredibly dynamic which is great, but if you're the type that wants the same structure each day and to work within the confines of that structure, it's probably not the best fit.HotelTonight Response6y
Thanks so much for the review! Our team is made up of some amazing people that I keep learning from every day. Thanks for all your hard work and for helping to make it a great place to work!
- 1.020 Nov 2015Anonymous EmployeeCurrent Employee
Great people, vibrant startup environment, fun perks and a lot of autonomy in junior positions.
The perks, however are not enough to compensate for poor leadership vision and abysmal HR practices. The company had been focused on expanding internationally with marginal investment with all growth expected from supply teams punching above their weight. They set very aggressive hiring goals only to then go and fire 1/5 of their staff when they realised constant growth wasn't sustainable. Sure there is no perfect way to restructure your team, but firing people who have been in the company for more than half of its existence overnight is very poor effort.8HotelTonight Response9y
Thank you for your feedback. Making the decision to reduce our staff was not easy, but it was necessary for the company in the long term. At a startup especially, it’s critical that we have the right people in the right roles in order to stay on track, and hit our growth and revenue targets. Compounding the difficulty of this decision was that we’ve built an amazing company culture. The people who left made amazing contributions to our success, and we’ll miss them. We’ve made plans to ensure they had as easy a transition as possible, including a generous exit package and assistance finding a new role. HotelTonight is now a more streamlined and focused company. We’re well-equipped to accomplish our mission to help people live a more spontaneous life. The business is doing very well and we’re on track to reach profitability in 2016. We’ll continue innovating and providing value to our customers and hotel partners. We thank everyone who is or has been part of HotelTonight for their contributions, which have been invaluable.
- 5.015 Feb 2015Anonymous EmployeeCurrent Employee
Startup environment, full of ambitious and helpful people. Working in a super diverse and international environment, with people from several different backgrounds that only contribute to your constant learning and self-improvement.
Sometimes you work more time than you were expecting, but this is what happens when you love what you are doing.3
- 5.022 Apr 2018Market ManagerCurrent Employee, less than 1 yearLondon, England
There are so many amazing people in the office! There is a great environment that fosters creativity and development and a unique company culture. It is super fun to work here and there is incredible transparency from the leadership team.
Headquarters is located in SF so there is some time difference involved in meetings etc.HotelTonight Response6y
Thanks so much for the review! Transparency is key to building as quickly as we do, and some of our best ideas come from the team so, as always, send any suggestions my way. Thanks for being a part of HotelTonight!
- 4.025 May 2016Anonymous EmployeeCurrent Employee, more than 1 yearLondon, England
- Great company culture - Open environment - Great people that I enjoy working with, but also spending time with outside of the office - Supports learning and development
- Time difference between the different offices sometimes means longer working hours
- 5.023 Nov 2017Intern Business DevelopmentCurrent Employee, less than 1 yearLondon, England
awesome team, office and great opportunities
long internship period before potential job
- 5.018 Feb 2019Anonymous EmployeeCurrent EmployeeSan Francisco, CA
If you’re looking for a place where… * individuals are cared for and listened to by managers * you can work and collaborate with really smart (and funny) people * individuals are empowered to make decisions & choices that impact the product and company on a weekly basis * there are clear 30/90/365-day goals when you come onboard the team * there are constantly others who are available to help and mentor you * we actively listen to our hotel partners as well as the customers who book with us … and seek to constantly better their experience * the team strives to build and ship quickly * you have the chance to give and receive honest feedback * we are incredibly transparent about how we are doing as a company each week and what our successes & failures have been * we are still small enough you can have coffee with the CEO or any other leader * you have opportunities to grow and learn new things ...then look no further than HotelTonight. I feel proud and honored to be part of such an amazing team where we continue to put out a really great user experience and a valuable product to our users. We continue to compete with competitors way larger than us and shake up the travel industry. Every week we remember our core values of Build, Question, Respect. These are not just talking points, this is who we are and how we live.
We could do a better job at developing and having clear career/professional levels for employees. But I believe our team is working on addressing this soon.2HotelTonight Response5y
Thanks for taking the time to share these kind words. We know that we wouldn't be where we are today without our amazing team. Thanks for being part of it (and for sharing the love for your fellow HTers!).
HotelTonight Reviews FAQs
HotelTonight has an overall rating of 4.2 out of 5, based on over 103 reviews left anonymously by employees. 80% of employees would recommend working at HotelTonight to a friend and 78% have a positive outlook for the business. This rating has been stable over the past 12 months.
80% of HotelTonight employees would recommend working there to a friend based on Glassdoor reviews. Employees also rated HotelTonight 4.1 out of 5 for work life balance, 4.4 for culture and values and 3.9 for career opportunities.