Hotjar Reviews | Glassdoor.co.uk

Updated 14 Nov 2019

4.9
Hotjar CEO David Darmanin
David Darmanin
  1. "Best company I have worked for by far"

Current Employee - Paid Marketing Specialist in York, England

I have been working at Hotjar full-time for less than a year

Pros

Rigorous recruitment process to ensure you are the right fit for the role and the role is right for you too Transparency Honesty Friendliness Lots of opportunity for personal development People who genuinely care and want to see you succeed People who listen and take feedback on board Regular 1:1s with your lead Trust Remote working Work the hours you are at your best

Cons

As long as you can manage your working time, ensuring you don't over-work yourself (which is a risk when working remote) there are no cons for me.

Advice to Management

I know I am not the only one to get wow moments almost every day at Hotjar, so continue as you are!

Hotjar2019-11-14
  2. "Concept Does not Scale"

Former Employee - Devops Engineer

I worked at Hotjar full-time for more than a year

Pros

Good Perks, remote work location.

Cons

CEO has no idea of the future and the Marketshare he wants to get in the analytics market. Don't think this company will reach a peak growth. Typical European working attitude.

Hotjar2019-06-14
  3. "Great experience"

I have been working at Hotjar full-time for less than a year

Pros

The hiring process is great, the concept of doing a task and allowing you to be fully involved with the team gives you a very good idea of the company before you actually join. In general, awesome company to work for, you know that the company really takes care of the employees and on top of that the product is great and overall the company has a very bright future ahead. The team is very diverse with a very open... culture and high level of expertise.

Cons

Can't really think of anything that's a con per se. One thing to think about is that working remotely might take some getting used to if you've never tried it before but it can open a world of amazing possibilities.

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work!

Hotjar2019-01-29

"A great company that listens to and implements feedback"

Current Employee - Full Stack Developer in Newcastle, England

I have been working at Hotjar full-time for less than a year

Pros

Hotjar really listen to feedback and implement it to improve the company. This isn't just the leadership either; it genuinely feels like everyone in the company will take suggestions on board and see how we can make the company better for our customers and the rest of the team. The company puts a lot of effort into supporting working remotely. Because working remotely is a core part of who we are, Hotjar... doesn't reduce pay or other perks. I talk to my colleagues more as a remote worker than I ever did while working in an office!

Cons

While having the freedom to sort your own expenses is good, the process for tracking it takes some getting used to at first. You'll definitely need to put it in your calendar as a weekly process!

Advice to Management

Keep learning, keep taking on feedback and keep doing a great job!

Hotjar2018-10-15

"Awesome colleagues and super-interesting technical challenges."

I have been working at Hotjar full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Everyone at Hotjar always strives to better themselves, the product, and the company.

Cons

Since we're very selective about our hires there's sometimes an issue to find enough great people to help us realize our vision.

Advice to Management

Keep the culture strong (already doing great work there)!

Hotjar2018-10-06

"Hands down the best company and team I've ever worked with"

I have been working at Hotjar full-time for less than a year

Pros

Where do I even start? This is the happiest, most productive I've ever been at a company. The team is composed of some of the most intelligent people I've ever known and everyone is committed to delivering the highest quality work. The culture is outstanding. I've never worked somewhere where I've felt as much trust as I do from my teammates and leads here at Hotjar. There is zero micro management. I have... the complete freedom to get work my work down how and when I want. If I need to take a long break to take care of my kids, there's nothing but encouragement. And the PERKS! My goodness. €200/mo. for a working space allowance (pays for my internet at home, Apple Music, Pandora, and healthy snacks). €200/mo. for wellbeing. €1000 a year for personal development, €2000 a year holiday budget, and a €4000 office budget. 8 WEEKS OF HOLIDAYS!!! I can't tell you how much flexibility that creates to take care of things in my personal life. I can take a half or full day here and there to take care of my budgeting and tasks around the house. Honestly I could go on and on. Working for Hotjar has been the best professional experience of my life 👍🏼

Cons

None. Absolutely, positively, 100% none. (I would have just said none, but turns out Glassdoor has a 5 word minimum even for the cons section)

Advice to Management

Keep it up and thank you!

Hotjar2018-10-04

"A dream company to work for but know what you're getting into!"

Current Employee - Customer Success Manager in Denver, CO

I have been working at Hotjar full-time for more than a year

Pros

* I actually enjoy the work that I get to do every day. Now I'm not some crazy person that LOVES to work and never has bad days, but overall I really do enjoy the work that I get to do and the impact it makes on the company. * And on that note, it is great to actually see how each team's work and individual's work actually influences how Hotjar grows. Everything and every one matters. This is not a place where... you can just coast by, there is a lot of hard work involved but it is important work. * Work/Life balance used to be a joke to me, but the culture at Hotjar really emphasizes how important it is to balance. Not only do we have a large number of vacation days, but the leadership team will "shame" those who HAVEN'T taken all their vacation days. I've been able to travel and visit places that I never thought I would on my vacation time! * I feel like I'm surrounded my geniuses and they are all happy to help. It's nice being around inspiring people and learning and developing your career with them. * There is plenty of career development opportunities. I get the opportunity to try new things, pick up new skills, or take a new path altogether. Whether you want to become a leader or develop your current skills, there is always opportunity.

Cons

* Being based in the US means being a contractor is hard. I pay for my own insurance and contribute to my own retirement, which isn't what I've been used to as a W2. Of course I was aware of this from the very start and in my situation, the compensation and the perks outweigh this negative. * Remote life is not for everyone. It can be lonely, you can get stir crazy, and truly takes dicipline.

Advice to Management

Continue to hire smart but also make sure to weed out those that can't keep up. With such a high-velocity company, it only takes a handful of mediocre performers to slow down a whole department.

Hotjar2018-10-04

"Great company"

I have been working at Hotjar full-time

Pros

Great team of people and very inclusive atmosphere.

Cons

Interview process takes some time to complete but worth it at the end.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you're doing :)

Hotjar2018-05-23

"Best job and company ever"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in London, England

I have been working at Hotjar full-time for more than a year

Pros

Great people make the difference in any job. Everyone works hard and the company encourages us to take down time with generous vacation time and bonuses throughout the year. Lots of opportunity to grow and take on more responsibility.

Cons

A bit understaffed currently but only due to massive growth and the hiring teams are actively hiring. The long recruitment process means that people stay once hired and that they are much better fit than a quick hire.

Advice to Management

Keep up the great work!

Hotjar2017-10-04

"Remote working done right"

Full Stack Developer in Lija

I have been working at Hotjar for more than a year

Pros

Top reason to work for Hotjar is the culture. We work in a completely remote team, yet I feel I know the other team members better and closed than in any job I've had before and the trust between co-workers is on an unprecedented level. Apart from that, we also get to work on a game-changing product, with constant new challenges and opportunities for growth. On the latter, we're also always encouraged to learn... and grow as individuals, with a growing number of perks and investments into us as team members. Working remotely is an ideal situation for me, allowing me to do a great job while always being around my family, and Hotjar does remote working the right way.

Cons

Going to be hard to ever find something this good again.

Hotjar2017-08-23