HubSpot Inbound Marketing Specialist | Account Executive Reviews | Glassdoor.co.uk

HubSpot Reviews

Updated 12 Nov 2019

4.8
HubSpot CEO Brian Halligan
Brian Halligan
  1. "Excellent Company"

I have been working at HubSpot part-time

Pros

Excellent people, good culture, treat employees well.

Cons

Culture can be a little full on at times.

HubSpot2019-01-22

"Good Company"

I have been working at HubSpot full-time

Pros

Good pay + perks, interesting technical problems, excellent colleagues.

Cons

Culture is very positive/gung ho - can be a little much at times.

HubSpot2018-10-22
  3. "Best place to start your career"

Former Employee - Associate Product Manager in Cambridge, MA

I worked at HubSpot full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

The people are the biggest pro. The people are smart, motivated and innovative helping the company scale at an incredible rate.

Cons

Difficult to scale culture sometimes.

Advice to Management

Keep taking care of your people and you will continue to be an incredible place to work!

HubSpot2019-11-11
  4. "Great Work Flexibility and Company Culture"

Current Employee - Associate Marketing Manager in Cambridge, MA

I have been working at HubSpot full-time for more than a year

Pros

Work flexibility, company culture, commitment to diversity, inclusion, and belonging

Cons

Your experience may differ based on what department/org you belong to

HubSpot2019-11-12

"One of the Best Places to Work - Culture of Growth and Quality of the People is Unparalleled"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Singapore

I have been working at HubSpot full-time for less than a year

Pros

SingSpot is easily the best company I've worked for! First up, let's talk about the perks at SingSpot! Many of these reviews say they're unreal but let me break it down a little. It's a 'known fact' that Singapore's national pastime is eating - SingSpot delivers above and beyond on that front. Here's a list of what's in the mix: Waffle Wednesday, Catered Thursday Lunches, (newly-introduced) Panini Friday,... End-Of-Month (EOM) Pizza and EOM Drinks. Not forgetting the amazing and well-stocked pantry - coconut water, green tea, ice creams, assorted nut dispensers, regional tidbits and 2 beer taps. If you think we're all about food and drinks, we have got in place an on-site gym and an annual gym subsidy for folks to balance the sinful indulgence. It does seem apt that I mention a little about our focus on Health and Wellness, especially after all that speak about eating and drinking. What we got at SingSpot is an insanely good medical and insurance coverage! It even covers visits at the Chiropractor and TCM specialist. What's more, we've even held massage sessions at SingSpot during our Health and Wellness Week. We are also a rather fun-loving and diverse bunch! Fun fact, we have more than 20 nationalities in the APAC region and that really brings on different perspectives. We also get together frequently as small groups and a couple of times every month and every quarter in big groups. Some cool gigs we've hit up in the past- Virtual Reality Park, LaserTag and Fragment Room. We have various interest groups ranging from the cat-lovers group to school alumni groups and women groups to a ping-pong club. It would be an absolute crime to not mention the unlimited vacation program and the flexibility to work from home. I love how the company recognizes how everyone may be wired differently - working remotely may help one to deliver their best work. To appreciate longer-tenured employees, HubSpot also offers a five-year sabbatical program which is a 4-week paid sabbatical with a $5k bonus! For those who may be interested, we do provide Employee Stock Purchase and Grants along with the employment. I do also think that we're quite competitively compensated at SingSpot. I also adore the work-life balance here - leaving work on time means I get to pursue my other passions/interests outside of work which value-adds to my work. Now on to the 'more important' perks! HubSpot values personal development and growth of every single employee. The culture of growth and learning is seen in so much that we do - monthly new hire panel, new hire training program, workshops, AMAs, Specialized Training, Company Wiki and our Internal Online Learning Center. The leadership here is extremely transparent - we even have access to the decks/documents from their off-sites. The extremely feedback-centric culture might feel a little uncomfortable at the start but soon enough, you'll look forward to receiving them and eventually delivering some of your own. One of the rare perks I don't see often in other organizations will be my one-on-one weekly sessions with our Managers and Team Leads. These sessions have been truly critical in removing my learning roadblocks and accelerating my growth at HubSpot. The icing on the cake is the free books program and annual tuition reimbursement of $5k available to us to spend on educating ourselves. Overall, I'm just extremely grateful to be in an organization that values our personal growth and development - putting in place all they can to help us become the best versions of ourselves. My last and favourite perk at HubSpot. I can unequivocally say that it's going to be the people I work with. It's one thing to read about a set of values that a company say it will uphold and one thing to see them truly lived out by everyone day in and day out. At HubSpot, it's the latter - I've seen how each and everyone I've come across has lived the "HEART" values out and it's such a privilege to come to work some of the smartest, knowledgeable, humble folks I've known. The resolve to solve for our customer is really infectious. It's really inspiring to see people who are trying to become the best versions of themselves and in turn if motivates yourself. Also, I've never seen a company so happy for people who are leaving the company for further pursuits. Someone once said, "A good measure of a company is how they treat those who are leaving." and I think we rank pretty high in that regard. We have great vision and plans in the coming few years. Although I can't divulge much, I'm really excited about our growth in the coming years. I guess this my dream company to work for. So you can say that I'm living my dream now!

Cons

The following may not be con per se but they're definitely areas of concern for some people: - There are really high standards and a really steep learning curve. For some, it might be too metric-driven at times. Therefore, the intensity of the roles might not be for everyone. There's a high chance for burnouts. That said, the management has tried to improve this with health-related workshops (sleep, posture and... nutrition), providing a meditation room, building a safe space and enhancing psychological safety. - It's an extremely fast-changing environment. SingSpot operates a little like its own startup and it's a bit of a double-edged sword. While we're agile and adaptable, we can get a little disorienting for some. We don't have a lot of policies so typically you'll hear UGJ (Use good judgment) but that can have differing interpretations. Some see this as empowerment, trust and autonomy but some view it as a lack of guidelines. To each his own, I personally love it but a little more processes/systems and playbooks wouldn't harm. - We're also not as well-known in APAC and in Singapore as compared to HubSpot in other markets. So you might find yourself trying to even spell out "HubSpot" for some customers. I personally find that really exciting that we're in the process of making ourselves better known in the region. Some other areas for improvement KPI - Some of the metrics connected to performance used in this region may not be the most reflective of an employee's ability and can become customer roadblocks. They can be majorly swayed by cultural perceptions of scoring. Product - While I love the frequent product updates, we can improve the way they're shared. - Product adaptation to meet regional expansion goals can be enhanced. On the product front, more localisation and more language support are very much welcomed, especially in the APAC region. We're trailing behind in terms of mobile play and eCommerce play. - The ideas in the HubSpot Ideas Forum can be worked on more actively (especially those with more than 150 upvotes over an extended period of time). Career Development - Availability of certain roles in other regions may not be available in SingSpot, especially for more product-oriented and niche roles. However, internal mobility is great! Strategy - The playbook for certain markets such as India and some other Southeast Asian markets is still in its early stages and strategies from North America might not be as applicable. Cross-Collaboration - Cross collaboration/function can be improved - introduce more projects that require the involvement of 2 different functions Diversity, Belonging and Inclusion - Even though we are rather diverse in nationalities and ethnicity but we can be more conscious in embracing inclusivity and belonging. Comparing SingSpot to other offices, advocacy in LGBTQ isn't as strong. Also, the choice of restaurants and food preferences during social events can take more into consideration of Muslims, Vegetarians and Vegans. - Also, we have quite a skewed "younger" group of workers (mostly millennials) and the balance of some more senior workers could be useful for us. Giving Back - We can be more environmentally conscious - more conscious with choice of food vendors and in encouraging the use of own reusable cutlery. - We can also give back more to the community in Singapore e.g. Blood Donation Drive, Community Events and helping the elderly etc. Just a caveat here, no company is perfect and some of these are present in most companies of our nature (SaaS company, mid/large scale and trying to localise). These are simply things I hope we can improve on but I would still like to highlight that it's still one of the best companies I've worked for. This is so especially so when I’ve worked already for a few companies prior to HubSpot.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you're doing. But be mindful of preserving the core of what makes us who we are while striving to improve in areas we're lacking. I like how we never assume we're perfect but we do really try. I do really appreciate that most feedback is largely action upon swiftly. Looking forward to not just grow but to grow better with HubSpot and to build a company that our future generations will be proud of!

6. "Best company ever"

I have been working at HubSpot full-time

Pros

HubSpot's motto is Grow Better. This philosophy drives everything we do for our customers, but also everything they do for the teams and for each employee within the company. I have never before been in a place where I was so spoiled, but also so challenged to give the very best of myself. If you want to grow better, HubSpot is the place for you.

Cons

No fully remote opportunities yet.

7. "Make an impact"

Current Employee - Senior Software Engineer in Cambridge, MA

I have been working at HubSpot full-time for more than a year

Pros

As an engineer at HubSpot, I have a ton of freedom and a ton of responsibility to make our product better. It can be daunting to own a project when it is just an idea to start, but we are given the development tools and the resources to do our jobs well. It is a great feeling to see something is wrong, fix it, test it, and get it out to our customers the same day.

Cons

As the company has gotten bigger, sometimes it is hard to know what’s going on in other parts of the organization like the marketing team or security team.

8. "Great place to work"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Dublin, Dublin

I have been working at HubSpot full-time for less than a year

Pros

- Open door policy. Sharing of information is great - Transparency - Culture

Cons

None right now. Everything is great

HubSpot2019-11-08
  9. "Excellent Onboarding Experience"

Current Employee - Recruiter in Cambridge, MA

I have been working at HubSpot full-time for less than a year

Pros

Although I am still new to the HubSpot team, I am amazed with how much support and consideration I have received. In my first two months, I met with so many members of my team as well as the teams I would be recruiting for, and every person was willing to answer my questions. My manager is very supportive of my growth, and we have already started development conversations within the first month.

Cons

I don't think this is a con but just some advice, if you are proactive then the opportunities are endless, but you can't just sit back and hope it will all come to you.

HubSpot2019-11-06
  10. "Never thought a company this big would care so much about each employee"

Current Employee - BDR in Sydney

I have been working at HubSpot full-time for less than a year

Pros

From the very start of the interview process to this very day. I feel as though management has taken time to plan out a strategy individualised for me to succeed. The amount of money and time Hubspot takes to guide and train each employee is staggering and I would suggest a big reason why so many people love working in Hubspot so much.

Cons

Some people will never be happy and can affect the morale around the office every now and then.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you are doing. From the Country Manager to the newest manager, they know every single persons name and make a real effort to get to know each and every employee. The inclusiveness is excellent but I feel as though sometimes its exploited by some. Not sure whether some people take it for granted that their mates are now managers and they aren't pulled up when they aren't conforming with the culture.... In saying that, I love the place!

HubSpot2019-11-02