Huddle Reviews

Updated May 26, 2021

Found 76 of over 78 reviews

3.9
Huddle CEO  Mark Wrighton (no image)
Mark Wrighton
Pros
  • "Have learnt a lot from the senior management team(in 7 reviews)

• "Nice people, good work / life balance(in 5 reviews)

• Cons
  • "It's a small company, so generally it has to grow for you to get promoted into a management position(in 3 reviews)

• "Area around the new office location is pretty dead(in 3 reviews)

• More Pros and Cons
    Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.
    1. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 1 year

Love it

Mar 17, 2021 - Developer in London, England, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

Remote and flexible working with a global team across timezones Start-up culture within a well established company Generous leave and benefits

Cons

No real cons of note

2. 4.0
      Current Employee, more than 3 years

Great place to grow

May 12, 2021 - Software Development Engineer In Test (SDET) in London, England, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

Great people and high quality engineers

Cons

Budget for hiring and growing the team in London

3. 4.0
      Former Employee

Great people

Feb 11, 2021 - Engineering
      Business Outlook

Pros

Great people to learn from

Cons

Huge flux in people during acquisition

4. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 1 year

Awesome team - everyone pulls together

Oct 23, 2020 - Anonymous Employee in London, England, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

Awesome group of people, with great collaboration between departments. Everyone very approachable and willing to help. Response during the COVID pandemic has been proactive and puts staff first.

Cons

None to share at this time

Huddle Response

Thank you for your review, we are so happy that you are having positive and enjoyable time with us. Thanks for being part of the Huddle team. We couldn't do it without you.

5. 5.0

Exciting 3 years working with great people

Feb 18, 2020 - Software Engineer in London, England, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

- amazing people who are there to help you if you need and make job fun. - career growth opportunities but you need to show yourself. Don't expect promotions for doing nothing. - you and your team takes responsibility for work, if something isn't right be prepared to make it right. This is great to develop quickly and learn. - new technology to work with and use in real product. - opportunity to try yourself in different roles. - real team spirit and collaboration. - once again, people, you meet colleagues when you start, then they become your friends

Cons

- it's a small company, changes happen quickly and they can be big. This can be good and bad for some people.

Huddle Response

Thank you for your review, it’s always great to learn from feedback that our employees leave us; and thank you for helping make Huddle what it is during your time with us.

6. 1.0
      Former Employee, less than 1 year

Poorly trained and lack of support

Jan 5, 2020 - Anonymous Employee
      Business Outlook

Pros

Free lunch and breakfast two days a week People are willing to help and are lovely to work with.

Cons

There is a clear lack of structure and tools put in place to support you. The overall benefits of working for huddle are extremely poor and from what I heard, the turnover is incredibly high which most likely is related to this. Flexible working is not promoted within the business which prevents individuals from working to the best of their ability. A huge drinking culture which doesn’t cater to all employees with pretty much every social revolving around drinking. The induction training is pretty minimal with no set plan and you are left to do it alone. The business as a whole has a long way to come if they want to retain employees and clients too because huddle have failed to keep up with making their culture inclusive and a great place to be a part of.

Huddle Response

Thank you for your review. It's interesting to know that you thought turnover was high since 70% of last years leavers had been with the company for over 3 years. We are sorry that you felt you weren't supported in your time with us, our managers are always open to discussions with employees around how we can improve, but perhaps you weren't sure how to facilitate this. Our benefits plan is generally very well received by our employees and flexible working is available by individual requirement once the probation period is passed. It's a shame that you felt that we were not a cultural fit but wish you every success in the future.

7. 3.0
      Former Employee, more than 1 year

No strong leadership

Sep 7, 2020 - Business Development Representative in London, England, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

Nice people, good work / life balance

Cons

All the best talent is being driven away

Huddle Response

Thank you for your review. Having talent move on from a company is natural and we applaud all of our employees that go on to tackle new challenges. The majority of our leavers this year have enjoyed good tenures with Huddle and for that we are very proud. It’s good to hear that you had good work colleagues and found the work/life balance to be appropriate. We wish you every future success.

8. 3.0
      Former Employee, more than 3 years

Great examples of what to do in engineering and what not to do in management...

Jan 26, 2019 -  in London, England, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

A professional and friendly culture amongst a family of ambitious and talented engineers Very thorough and sophisticated SAAS delivery process for juniors to learn from Engineers can invest 20% of their time to improve process, clear off technical debt and work on a creative idea to add business value The company used to have some nice benefits: Huddle Cuddle (£500 post-tax money to spend on nice things), share options, Vitality healthcare which comes with even more perks

Cons

Record high staff turnover in the London office since the new CEO and CTO joined in 2018; the majority of the people had decided to moved on to other opportunities. Communication was generally poor or lacking from HR, especially on the topics of the benefits-cut, explanation on share options and personnel movements. Chief executives were often absent from the office and had failed to show leadership when most needed. New managers/ leaders had not been provided enough supported, there is no guidance on mentorship, training of leading a team nor backing to confront opinionated subject experts who are at a more senior level. Salary band lack transparency and career growth has glass-ceiling Technologies can be a bit out-dated compared to new start-ups and engineers will often hit architect's veto or infrastructure blockers when attempting to implement new technologies.

Huddle Response

Thank you for taking the time to post a review. It’s great to hear that you experienced a professional and friendly place to work during your time with us! I’m saddened to read that you felt career growth was limited. We’re dedicated to building a talented workforce, and in the last month alone we’ve not only promoted six members of staff, but we’ve also hired eight new team members! And yes, we do monitor the performance of all of our team members (even the CEO!) – it’s one of the reasons we made 2018 the best year on record for company performance! Thank you again for your review, it’s always great to learn from feedback; and thank you for helping make Huddle what it is during your three years with us!

9. 5.0

Great Place to Work and Advance Your Career

Sep 27, 2019 - Strategic Account Executive in London, England, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

Fun enviroment, tallented people and not to much process. A great place for a sales rep that does not mind rolling up thier sleeves.

Cons

It is a small company, you wont be able to hide behind your screen if you not really trying to work ... :)

10. 5.0

Awesome experience!

Apr 26, 2019 - Solutions Consultant in London, England, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

- Culture and perks are spot on - Opportunities for rapid progression if early in career - if you are starting out in tech I couldn’t recommend Huddle enough whether that is sales or dev. - Work alongside very smart people - Huddle’s hiring is very good.

Cons

- Communication from management is often poor - Rollercoaster of change - it is non stop for better or worse - Accountability is sometimes lacking but that is changing

Huddle Response

Thank you again for your review, it’s always great to learn from feedback; and thank you for helping make Huddle what it is during your time with us!

Viewing 1 - 10 of 76 Reviews