Huddle Reviews

Updated 7 Apr 2020

3.9
Huddle CEO  Mark Wrighton (no image)
Mark Wrighton
Pros
  • "Have learnt a lot from the senior management team(in 7 reviews)

• "Great people to work with, relaxed outlook and super skilled(in 5 reviews)

Cons
  • "It's a small company, so generally it has to grow for you to get promoted into a management position(in 3 reviews)

• "Area around the new office location is pretty dead(in 3 reviews)

1. "Exciting 3 years working with great people"

Former Employee - Software Engineer in London, England

I worked at Huddle full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

- amazing people who are there to help you if you need and make job fun. - career growth opportunities but you need to show yourself. Don't expect promotions for doing nothing. - you and your team takes responsibility for work, if something isn't right be prepared to make it right. This is great to develop quickly and learn. - new technology to work with and use in real product. - opportunity to try yourself in different roles. - real team spirit and collaboration. - once again, people, you meet colleagues when you start, then they become your friends

Cons

- it's a small company, changes happen quickly and they can be big. This can be good and bad for some people.

April 20, 2020

Thank you for your review, it’s always great to learn from feedback that our employees leave us; and thank you for helping make Huddle what it is during your time with us.

2. "Poorly trained and lack of support"

1.0

I worked at Huddle full-time for less than a year

Pros

Free lunch and breakfast two days a week People are willing to help and are lovely to work with.

Cons

There is a clear lack of structure and tools put in place to support you. The overall benefits of working for huddle are extremely poor and from what I heard, the turnover is incredibly high which most likely is related to this. Flexible working is not promoted within the business which prevents individuals from working to the best of their ability. A huge drinking culture which doesn’t cater to all employees with pretty much every social revolving around drinking. The induction training is pretty minimal with no set plan and you are left to do it alone. The business as a whole has a long way to come if they want to retain employees and clients too because huddle have failed to keep up with making their culture inclusive and a great place to be a part of.

January 6, 2020

Thank you for your review. It's interesting to know that you thought turnover was high since 70% of last years leavers had been with the company for over 3 years. We are sorry that you felt you weren't supported in your time with us, our managers are always open to discussions with employees around how we can improve, but perhaps you weren't sure how to facilitate this. Our benefits plan is generally very well received by our employees and flexible working is available by individual requirement once the probation period is passed. It's a shame that you felt that we were not a cultural fit but wish you every success in the future.

3. "Great Place to Work and Advance Your Career"

Former Employee - Strategic Account Executive in London, England

I worked at Huddle full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Fun enviroment, tallented people and not to much process. A great place for a sales rep that does not mind rolling up thier sleeves.

Cons

It is a small company, you wont be able to hide behind your screen if you not really trying to work ... :)

September 30, 2019

4. "Awesome experience!"

Former Employee - Solutions Consultant in London, England

I worked at Huddle full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

- Culture and perks are spot on - Opportunities for rapid progression if early in career - if you are starting out in tech I couldn’t recommend Huddle enough whether that is sales or dev. - Work alongside very smart people - Huddle’s hiring is very good.

Cons

- Communication from management is often poor - Rollercoaster of change - it is non stop for better or worse - Accountability is sometimes lacking but that is changing

June 25, 2019

Thank you again for your review, it’s always great to learn from feedback; and thank you for helping make Huddle what it is during your time with us!

"A fun company, emerging from a lot of change with renewed focus"

Former Employee - Software Engineer in London, England
    No Opinion of CEO

I worked at Huddle full-time

Pros

Great people to work with, relaxed outlook and super skilled. Great benefits including 20% time invested in engineers to improve themselves technically and innovate on the product. Outstanding opportunities for mid level engineers and aspiring leaders.

Cons

A lot of change, often poorly communicated has led to a great deal of uncertainty. Platform needs technical investment to unblock critical work and create new opportunities for both the product and organisational structure. But lost domain knowledge, BAU and a focus on security accreditation has held improvements back.

February 7, 2019

6. "Great examples of what to do in engineering and what not to do in management..."

in London, England

I worked at Huddle for more than 3 years

Pros

A professional and friendly culture amongst a family of ambitious and talented engineers Very thorough and sophisticated SAAS delivery process for juniors to learn from Engineers can invest 20% of their time to improve process, clear off technical debt and work on a creative idea to add business value The company used to have some nice benefits: Huddle Cuddle (£500 post-tax money to spend on nice things), share options, Vitality healthcare which comes with even more perks

Cons

Record high staff turnover in the London office since the new CEO and CTO joined in 2018; the majority of the people had decided to moved on to other opportunities. Communication was generally poor or lacking from HR, especially on the topics of the benefits-cut, explanation on share options and personnel movements. Chief executives were often absent from the office and had failed to show leadership when most needed. New managers/ leaders had not been provided enough supported, there is no guidance on mentorship, training of leading a team nor backing to confront opinionated subject experts who are at a more senior level. Salary band lack transparency and career growth has glass-ceiling Technologies can be a bit out-dated compared to new start-ups and engineers will often hit architect's veto or infrastructure blockers when attempting to implement new technologies.

February 7, 2019

Thank you for taking the time to post a review. It’s great to hear that you experienced a professional and friendly place to work during your time with us! I’m saddened to read that you felt career growth was limited. We’re dedicated to building a talented workforce, and in the last month alone we’ve not only promoted six members of staff, but we’ve also hired eight new team members! And yes, we do monitor the performance of all of our team members (even the CEO!) – it’s one of the reasons we made 2018 the best year on record for company performance! Thank you again for your review, it’s always great to learn from feedback; and thank you for helping make Huddle what it is during your three years with us!

7. "Great experience here overall"

Current Employee - Commercial in London, England

I have been working at Huddle full-time for more than a year

Pros

People are great - hardworking, bright, and very friendly

Cons

Lacking in direction and lots of cut backs

Continue reading

"Great place to learn and build your skills"

I worked at Huddle full-time

Pros

Huddle has great company culture, the work/life balance is really good, with somewhat flexible hours. It's greatest assets is it's employees, everyone is really friendly and in the almost 3 years i worked there i enjoyed coming into the office every single day!

Cons

Process is very hindering and management can be slow to respond to employee requests. Career progression is also quite hard as there is a lacking system where employees can see what is required of them at the next level and strive towards improving themselves to get there.

9. "Great company...for a while"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in London, England

I worked at Huddle full-time for more than a year

Pros

Great team of people who are really hardworking and want to see things improve.

Cons

Staff leaving in their droves and communication is poor. There is no faith in management and the more recent addition of a London based CEO has done nothing to improve things - he is still largely absent from what I have been told. Benefits are being cut and so for the lower paid members of staff this has had a massive impact.

Continue reading
  10. "Great people and culture, but upper management are a bit disorganised"

No Opinion of CEO

I have been working at Huddle full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

It's a great place to work with friendly colleagues, free food twice a week and beer oclock fridays.

Cons

Upper management have been poor at communication and making last minute announcements which have in turn affected some of the employees. Sometimes processes are slow, like using newer technology.

Found 68 reviews