Huddle Employee Reviews about "huddle"

Updated Jan 5, 2020

Found 12 of over 82 reviews

3.9
Huddle CEO  Mark Wrighton (no image)
Mark Wrighton
Pros
  • "Nice people, good work / life balance(in 5 reviews)

• "5000 joining bonus (for grads, not sure about other positions), huddle cuddle - get yourself a(in 5 reviews)

• Cons
  • "It's not a con but if you are aa person that needs stability and consistency then Huddle probably isnt the place for you(in 12 reviews)

• "It's a small company, so generally it has to grow for you to get promoted into a management position(in 3 reviews)

• More Pros and Cons
    Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Reviews about "huddle"

Return to all Reviews
    1. 5.0
      Former Employee, more than 5 years

Great place to work!

Mar 4, 2016 - Customer Success Manager in London, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

Huddle is a great place to work! It was my first job out of university and spent over 5 years there in the end! You can learn so much from the people around you and honestly the people are one of THE best things about this company. Everyone is extremely intelligent and capable but also good fun to be around. Huddle have a team called "The Funderbirds" to keep the teams connected and having fun! And lunch provided once a week too! And the benefits package is amazing too just dont miss out on one of the awesome deals you can get

Cons

It's not a con but if you are aa person that needs stability and consistency then Huddle probably isnt the place for you. Huddle is a fast growing start up so tweaks and changes are made in processes and strategies along the way so you need to be good at dealing with change

2. 1.0
      Former Employee, less than 1 year

Poorly trained and lack of support

Jan 5, 2020 - Anonymous Employee
      Business Outlook

Pros

Free lunch and breakfast two days a week People are willing to help and are lovely to work with.

Cons

There is a clear lack of structure and tools put in place to support you. The overall benefits of working for huddle are extremely poor and from what I heard, the turnover is incredibly high which most likely is related to this. Flexible working is not promoted within the business which prevents individuals from working to the best of their ability. A huge drinking culture which doesn’t cater to all employees with pretty much every social revolving around drinking. The induction training is pretty minimal with no set plan and you are left to do it alone. The business as a whole has a long way to come if they want to retain employees and clients too because huddle have failed to keep up with making their culture inclusive and a great place to be a part of.

Huddle Response

Thank you for your review. It's interesting to know that you thought turnover was high since 70% of last years leavers had been with the company for over 3 years. We are sorry that you felt you weren't supported in your time with us, our managers are always open to discussions with employees around how we can improve, but perhaps you weren't sure how to facilitate this. Our benefits plan is generally very well received by our employees and flexible working is available by individual requirement once the probation period is passed. It's a shame that you felt that we were not a cultural fit but wish you every success in the future.

3. 5.0
      Former Employee, more than 3 years

4 years of fun/working hard/fun/working hard

Oct 22, 2015 - Account Manager in London, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

I'm so lucky to have found Huddle. I worked there for 4 years and learnt so much. Here's why from my perspective: - Extremely bright and energetic people who make coming into work a pleasure - I learnt a lot about what it takes for a company to grow - I was able to transfer my skills to other teams (Customer Success > Public Sector Sales > Commercial Sales) - Unrivalled benefits. It's going to take me years to find another company of Huddles size with such a generous package (75% off Champneys Spa breaks!!) - Funderbirds committee who, as the name suggests, orgnanise excellent social events (the most recent just as I left was electric Go-Karting)

Cons

Huddle is at a stage in it's life where it needs hard workers and commitment, so if you're not up for that then don't apply. If you are, it could make your name! Or be a shining star on your CV.

2 people found this review helpful
    4. 3.0
      Current Employee

Like all companies, good and bad points.

Jul 13, 2015 -
      Business Outlook

Pros

There's some very talented people working here that are also just generally good people. They try hard and care about what it is that they're doing. I'd have said that some of the senior execs care, but it can seem like some just care about their own stature in the company. I agree with another reviewer about the reviews coming from San Francisco and those seeming more subjective rather than objective. Like all companies, Huddle has faulty areas but also good areas, one of those being the actual staff at the company like I said above. I think that the company is being forced to act in certain ways at times, and those aren't always the best thing for it or for the staff and I'm on board with that. I might disagree with uncomfortable things but I may also not know the entire picture. The only thing I'd like to see done differently in these situations is a real acknowledgement of things that are working out well and things that aren't working well, and explanations of things learnt to prove that as a company we are all trying our best but also learning from mistakes at the same time. Mistakes should be embraced as learning experiences rather than brushed under the carpet.

Cons

I think that in some cases there's an "us and them" attitude towards the senior execs which in some cases isn't justified, although in others it can be. There's a lot of hiring going on across all roles, which means there's a bedding in and learning process to go through for how the company actually works for those new starters and a learning experience of why some things are done in certain ways at Huddle. Unfortunately, with senior hires this can be a mistake if they wish to progress down a certain path that they've taken elsewhere, but there's no (visible) thought on what that path looks like from a huddle perspective which could cause issues. There's also a massive feeling of difference between the atmosphere in the UK office versus the U.S. office, which should be truly acknowledged addressed some how.

2 people found this review helpful
    5. 5.0

Huddle spoils its employees

Apr 7, 2015 -
      Business Outlook

Pros

A welcoming environment . Everybody is driven and management rewards those who excel. Great perks from breakfast in the morning to social events with collogues. Love the company culture.

Cons

You can easily get wrapped up in your work life. First couple weeks you will want to be part of all the events from client outings to huddle social gatherings. You have to find a balance between your personal life and your work life.

3 people found this review helpful
    6. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 1 year

Loads to learn, so much to do!

Aug 26, 2014 - Product Manager in London, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

You get to work with people that are not only smart and competent, but also fun and a good laugh. There a nice range of ages, with a few grads taken on every year. The work is interesting and challenging. You're sure to find role models and people to mentor you. Success is recognized and rewarded. There is budget for things like conferences and training as well as an annual hackathon. Senior management is very approachable and happy to answer questions or take time to explain things. The games room has an xbox, pool table, ping pong table and darts to help you chillax. No one cares if you take time to go in there as long as you get the work done. The benefits package is just ridiculous: £5000 joining bonus (for grads, not sure about other positions), huddle cuddle - get yourself a £500 gift every year, 25 days off, your birthday off, celebratory krispy kremes, champagne to celebrate your first huddle anniversary, share options, quarterly bonus, Thursday drinking club, cheese club, art club, fitness club, free cinema ticket every week, discounted gym membership, free lunch on Wednesday, free breakfast on Monday, Tuesday Time (as a dev you get to work on your own projects on Tuesday), Beer o'Clock on Friday, HUGE Xmas party and release drinks on Huddle every month.

Cons

Legacy code and technical debt makes progress seem slow. There isn't any budget for a company phone or laptop. If you're looking for a silent place to code, Huddle isn't for you (open plan office, people talking and laughing + jukebox music). As we expand it's sometimes confusing to see so many new faces.

7. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 3 years

It is more than just a job

Jun 25, 2014 - Anonymous Employee in London, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

The people are not only brilliant at their jobs but they are great fun to work with, the opportunities for growth and progression are there for the taking, the share options mean that everyone will benefits from the success of huddle, being a huddler is more than just a job!

Cons

Huddle breakfasts and lunches mean more time needed in the gym!

8. 2.0
      Former Employee

Great start, poor finish

Feb 28, 2014 -
      Business Outlook

Pros

Some of the people there are fantastic, if not undervalued. Central location Breakfast provided

Cons

Not enough developers resulting in Huddle having to catch up instead of innovate Have little idea in how to reward their staff Poor pay by industry standards (unless you are senior management)

9. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 3 years

Best place to realise your potential

Apr 24, 2013 - Director in London, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

Great culture, inspirational people and working in an amazing market space.

Cons

No cons, just keep innovating and spreading the Huddle word!

10. 1.0
      Current Employee

Total lack of diversity in management. Frustrating environment. Time to go.

Jul 2, 2015 - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA
      Business Outlook

Pros

I like many of my colleagues, but many of them are leaving or have left. Valuable experience to be had which will be useful in getting a job at company that is not slowly dying.

Cons

I have a real problem with the "Awesome Company!" review from June 29. It's obviously written by management: They claim "management diversity." The reality: The US executive team is 100% male and almost entirely white (one gentleman is from India). There are NO african americans, hispanics, or women on the US executive team. There is ONE white female executive leader in the UK, everyone else is a white male. Diverse? They claim "strong global presence." The reality: UK/EMEA sales are flagging. Huddle claims 100,000 organizations use their product, and this is an outright lie. Box has just signed with Huddle's most well-known customer, the UK government. They claim Huddle "makes an impact in the world of collaboration." The reality: "No new features in years plus they are rapidly losing to Box, Asana, Slack, and Hive." Hive itself was started by a former Huddle employee. Whichever corporate ghost writer Huddle ordered to write that review should be ashamed of themselves. But really, this is the problem with Huddle overall: instead of focusing on the good parts of the company, and working to fix the bad, they prefer to tell ridiculous tales and ignore the real problems (and solutions) that could have existed. I think it's too late for Huddle, but there are lessons to be learned.

11 people found this review helpful