Huddle Employee Reviews about "huddle cuddle"

Updated Jan 26, 2019

Found 5 of over 82 reviews

3.9
Huddle CEO  Mark Wrighton (no image)
Mark Wrighton
Pros
  • "Nice people, good work / life balance(in 5 reviews)

• "5000 joining bonus (for grads, not sure about other positions), huddle cuddle - get yourself a(in 5 reviews)

• Cons
  • "It's not a con but if you are aa person that needs stability and consistency then Huddle probably isnt the place for you(in 12 reviews)

• "It's a small company, so generally it has to grow for you to get promoted into a management position(in 3 reviews)

• More Pros and Cons
    Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Choose a different language and keep reading other reviews.

The latest conversations about Tech

60 Comments

Tech

236.2K Members

Ask candid career questions

-1 - https://www.fishbowlapp.com/bowl/technology/posts?cf=gd&utm_medium=Glassdoor&utm_source=glassdoor.co.uk&utm_campaign=Reviews&utm_content=Industry-content-prominent-Reviews&utm_term=Huddle~652911
    Join the conversation on

Reviews about "huddle cuddle"

Return to all Reviews
    1. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 1 year

Hard work, lots of change and lots of opportunity

Feb 18, 2016 - Customer Success Manager in London, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

Working in a small company means there is huge opportunity to be involved in multiple aspects of building the business both inside and outside of your direct team. Complete support from Senior Management and willingness to assist you to succeed whether it be personally in your career or with customers. Clear focus on strategy and fast product updates and development based on customer feedback. Opportunity and budget for external qualifications and accreditations. Friendly, fun team and great social aspect to the business inside and outside of work. Complete control over your work and your role. Flat hierarchy gives you the opportunity to be involved in senior meetings with customers or internally with decision makers. Excellent benefits including discounted gym membership, discounted spa days, Huddle Cuddle allowance to spend however you wish, birthday day off, lunch on Wednesdays, beer on Fridays and many more.

Cons

Could be better global communication to improve execution and best practice sharing. Ability to deal with change is a must.

2. 3.0
      Former Employee, more than 3 years

Great examples of what to do in engineering and what not to do in management...

Jan 26, 2019 -  in London, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

A professional and friendly culture amongst a family of ambitious and talented engineers Very thorough and sophisticated SAAS delivery process for juniors to learn from Engineers can invest 20% of their time to improve process, clear off technical debt and work on a creative idea to add business value The company used to have some nice benefits: Huddle Cuddle (£500 post-tax money to spend on nice things), share options, Vitality healthcare which comes with even more perks

Cons

Record high staff turnover in the London office since the new CEO and CTO joined in 2018; the majority of the people had decided to moved on to other opportunities. Communication was generally poor or lacking from HR, especially on the topics of the benefits-cut, explanation on share options and personnel movements. Chief executives were often absent from the office and had failed to show leadership when most needed. New managers/ leaders had not been provided enough supported, there is no guidance on mentorship, training of leading a team nor backing to confront opinionated subject experts who are at a more senior level. Salary band lack transparency and career growth has glass-ceiling Technologies can be a bit out-dated compared to new start-ups and engineers will often hit architect's veto or infrastructure blockers when attempting to implement new technologies.

Huddle Response

Thank you for taking the time to post a review. It’s great to hear that you experienced a professional and friendly place to work during your time with us! I’m saddened to read that you felt career growth was limited. We’re dedicated to building a talented workforce, and in the last month alone we’ve not only promoted six members of staff, but we’ve also hired eight new team members! And yes, we do monitor the performance of all of our team members (even the CEO!) – it’s one of the reasons we made 2018 the best year on record for company performance! Thank you again for your review, it’s always great to learn from feedback; and thank you for helping make Huddle what it is during your three years with us!

3. 5.0
      Current Employee

Huddle - Young exciting company that have big plans!

Jun 29, 2015 - Account Manager in London, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

I am a current employee working in the UK London based sales team: * British tech company (rare in this US tech led world) * Young workforce who are driven and ambitious * Great company benefits - Huddle Cuddle (£500 tax free to spend on what you want), free breakfast/drinks, Huddle lunch every Wednesday, share options pension and pru healthcare * Achievable targets with a very impressive reward scheme * A none micro management attitude * Ability to be very entrepreneurial and manage your own business * After work social life is good * Huge market opportunity * Good sales people are acknowledged and rewarded for their hard work * Ability to go on sales visits with C-Level staff and learn from those individuals

Cons

* Office location is in 'up and coming' part of London would prefer central * I think company needs some more experience in some senior management roles * Need more work on joined up sales and product approach

4. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 3 years

Massive learning experience, smart and friendly people, fantastic environment, great perks.

Sep 28, 2014 - Anonymous Employee in London, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

I love this company. I joined four years ago, straight out of University. I turned down opportunities at large engineering and technology companies and bet on this a growing British startup with a pair of charismatic co-founders. It was a good decision. They have really looked after me: - The company has tripled in head count since I joined, and 6x since I first met Alastair. - I've worked in many roles across the business - I've been consistently rewarded and recognised for good work - I have a great line manager, who's given me sufficient autonomy and purpose to get things done while offering enough advice to prevent me cocking anything up (to badly). - I've enjoyed perks like share options, the Huddle Cuddle (a lifestyle bonus), free Huddle lunch on Wednesday, Huddle breakfast every day, travel to San Fransisco for work, health insurance and dental, half price gym membership, free cinema tickets, and a decent amount of holiday. - Socials are great too - we have one for the whole company every quarter - Huddleween is next up, then the Christmas party. We also go out for drinks and food on the company every time we have a major release - i.e. monthly. - You're celebrated every year with a "huddle birthday", providing extra perks depending on the time you've been at Huddle. This year I received £300 of amazon vouchers. - The senior management are available and approachable. I have learned from all of them, past and present. We hire smart people, who are friendly. This means you'll be challenged, but not intimidated.

Cons

It's a startup who occasionally has got to obsessed with big company stuff. Things that are eventually important, but can stifle startup people from doing great work. This comes in waves, but eventually people realise and ditch crappy process. Internal politics can mean it takes a while to fix a bad decision. Particularly when it's about people not product. I assume this is normal but I've not worked elsewhere for very long. It's a small company, so generally it has to grow for you to get promoted into a management position. Luckily it's growing fast. You can work very hard (and late) here, and might even love doing so. Particularly if you are regularly talking to the San Fransisco and DC offices.

2 people found this review helpful
    5. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 1 year

Loads to learn, so much to do!

Aug 26, 2014 - Product Manager in London, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

You get to work with people that are not only smart and competent, but also fun and a good laugh. There a nice range of ages, with a few grads taken on every year. The work is interesting and challenging. You're sure to find role models and people to mentor you. Success is recognized and rewarded. There is budget for things like conferences and training as well as an annual hackathon. Senior management is very approachable and happy to answer questions or take time to explain things. The games room has an xbox, pool table, ping pong table and darts to help you chillax. No one cares if you take time to go in there as long as you get the work done. The benefits package is just ridiculous: £5000 joining bonus (for grads, not sure about other positions), huddle cuddle - get yourself a £500 gift every year, 25 days off, your birthday off, celebratory krispy kremes, champagne to celebrate your first huddle anniversary, share options, quarterly bonus, Thursday drinking club, cheese club, art club, fitness club, free cinema ticket every week, discounted gym membership, free lunch on Wednesday, free breakfast on Monday, Tuesday Time (as a dev you get to work on your own projects on Tuesday), Beer o'Clock on Friday, HUGE Xmas party and release drinks on Huddle every month.

Cons

Legacy code and technical debt makes progress seem slow. There isn't any budget for a company phone or laptop. If you're looking for a silent place to code, Huddle isn't for you (open plan office, people talking and laughing + jukebox music). As we expand it's sometimes confusing to see so many new faces.

4 people found this review helpful