Huddle "senior management" Reviews | Glassdoor.co.uk

Huddle Employee Reviews about "senior management"

Updated 18 Feb 2016

4.0
Huddle CEO Mark Wrighton (no image)
Mark Wrighton
Pros
  • "Have learnt a lot from the senior management team(in 7 reviews)

• "Great people to work with, relaxed outlook and super skilled(in 5 reviews)

Cons
  • "(in 3 reviews)

• "Legacy code and technical debt makes progress seem slow(in 3 reviews)

Reviews about "senior management"

Return to all Reviews
  1. "Hard work, lots of change and lots of opportunity"

Customer Success Manager in London, England

I have been working at Huddle for more than a year

Pros

Working in a small company means there is huge opportunity to be involved in multiple aspects of building the business both inside and outside of your direct team. Complete support from Senior Management and willingness to assist you to succeed whether it be personally in your career or with customers. Clear focus on strategy and fast product updates and development based on customer feedback. Opportunity and... budget for external qualifications and accreditations. Friendly, fun team and great social aspect to the business inside and outside of work. Complete control over your work and your role. Flat hierarchy gives you the opportunity to be involved in senior meetings with customers or internally with decision makers. Excellent benefits including discounted gym membership, discounted spa days, Huddle Cuddle allowance to spend however you wish, birthday day off, lunch on Wednesdays, beer on Fridays and many more.

Cons

Could be better global communication to improve execution and best practice sharing. Ability to deal with change is a must.

Advice to Management

Keep focussing on strategy. Continue to develop the product based on customer feedback. Communicate our wins!

Huddle2016-02-18
  2. "Huddle - Young exciting company that have big plans!"

Account Manager in London, England
    No Opinion of CEO

I have been working at Huddle

Pros

I am a current employee working in the UK London based sales team: * British tech company (rare in this US tech led world) * Young workforce who are driven and ambitious * Great company benefits - Huddle Cuddle (£500 tax free to spend on what you want), free breakfast/drinks, Huddle lunch every Wednesday, share options pension and pru healthcare * Achievable targets with a very impressive reward scheme * A... none micro management attitude * Ability to be very entrepreneurial and manage your own business * After work social life is good * Huge market opportunity * Good sales people are acknowledged and rewarded for their hard work * Ability to go on sales visits with C-Level staff and learn from those individuals

Cons

* Office location is in 'up and coming' part of London would prefer central * I think company needs some more experience in some senior management roles * Need more work on joined up sales and product approach

Advice to Management

Overall the company is an amazing place to work and I would recomend to any sales people looking to join. As with any organisation that is experiencing large growth there is some things that can be improved but that is to be expected. The next 12/24 months will define the companies position in the market and I believe Huddle will be a huge success and will be disrupting the tech giants like Microsoft and IBM.

Huddle2015-06-29

"Massive learning experience, smart and friendly people, fantastic environment, great perks."

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in London, England

I have been working at Huddle full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

I love this company. I joined four years ago, straight out of University. I turned down opportunities at large engineering and technology companies and bet on this a growing British startup with a pair of charismatic co-founders. It was a good decision. They have really looked after me: - The company has tripled in head count since I joined, and 6x since I first met Alastair. - I've worked in many roles across... the business - I've been consistently rewarded and recognised for good work - I have a great line manager, who's given me sufficient autonomy and purpose to get things done while offering enough advice to prevent me cocking anything up (to badly). - I've enjoyed perks like share options, the Huddle Cuddle (a lifestyle bonus), free Huddle lunch on Wednesday, Huddle breakfast every day, travel to San Fransisco for work, health insurance and dental, half price gym membership, free cinema tickets, and a decent amount of holiday. - Socials are great too - we have one for the whole company every quarter - Huddleween is next up, then the Christmas party. We also go out for drinks and food on the company every time we have a major release - i.e. monthly. - You're celebrated every year with a "huddle birthday", providing extra perks depending on the time you've been at Huddle. This year I received £300 of amazon vouchers. - The senior management are available and approachable. I have learned from all of them, past and present. We hire smart people, who are friendly. This means you'll be challenged, but not intimidated.

Cons

It's a startup who occasionally has got to obsessed with big company stuff. Things that are eventually important, but can stifle startup people from doing great work. This comes in waves, but eventually people realise and ditch crappy process. Internal politics can mean it takes a while to fix a bad decision. Particularly when it's about people not product. I assume this is normal but I've not worked elsewhere... for very long. It's a small company, so generally it has to grow for you to get promoted into a management position. Luckily it's growing fast. You can work very hard (and late) here, and might even love doing so. Particularly if you are regularly talking to the San Fransisco and DC offices.

Advice to Management

I give my views in confidence. I think we have the right people on the job.

Huddle2014-09-28

"Loads to learn, so much to do!"

Current Employee - Product Manager in London, England

I have been working at Huddle full-time for more than a year

Pros

You get to work with people that are not only smart and competent, but also fun and a good laugh. There a nice range of ages, with a few grads taken on every year. The work is interesting and challenging. You're sure to find role models and people to mentor you. Success is recognized and rewarded. There is budget for things like conferences and training as well as an annual hackathon. Senior management is very... approachable and happy to answer questions or take time to explain things. The games room has an xbox, pool table, ping pong table and darts to help you chillax. No one cares if you take time to go in there as long as you get the work done. The benefits package is just ridiculous: £5000 joining bonus (for grads, not sure about other positions), huddle cuddle - get yourself a £500 gift every year, 25 days off, your birthday off, celebratory krispy kremes, champagne to celebrate your first huddle anniversary, share options, quarterly bonus, Thursday drinking club, cheese club, art club, fitness club, free cinema ticket every week, discounted gym membership, free lunch on Wednesday, free breakfast on Monday, Tuesday Time (as a dev you get to work on your own projects on Tuesday), Beer o'Clock on Friday, HUGE Xmas party and release drinks on Huddle every month.

Cons

Legacy code and technical debt makes progress seem slow. There isn't any budget for a company phone or laptop. If you're looking for a silent place to code, Huddle isn't for you (open plan office, people talking and laughing + jukebox music). As we expand it's sometimes confusing to see so many new faces.

Huddle2014-08-26

"Great start, poor finish"

I worked at Huddle

Pros

Some of the people there are fantastic, if not undervalued. Central location Breakfast provided

Cons

Not enough developers resulting in Huddle having to catch up instead of innovate Have little idea in how to reward their staff Poor pay by industry standards (unless you are senior management)

Advice to Management

Need to start investing in the product not more sales people Need to start rewarding your people on the ground much more, especially as it is well known how much some of the management team are earning.

Huddle2014-02-28

"Feels like it's a good place to be. Learning lots."

Current Employee - Account Manager in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Huddle full-time for less than a year

Pros

Supportive structure. Have learnt a lot from the senior management team. I feel that people care about my success. Everyone knows who you are and you're not just a number. I know what I need to do to get my next promotion.

Cons

It's hard work! That can be rewarding, but it still means you’ve got to push yourself to succeed. Also, there were a couple of people here that were very negative because they weren't hitting their quotas. That worried me at first, until I learnt to ignore them.

Advice to Management

Don't put up with the negativity. If people are like that, they shouldn't be here. Morale improved as soon as they left.

Huddle2014-03-04

"Great place to work!"

I have been working at Huddle full-time for more than a year

Pros

This is a company with a great team atmosphere in a fast pace environment. The people who work here are extremely dedicated and senior management is easily accessible. The benefits are great. They provide ample time-off and allow you to take it.

Cons

Because it is an international company, you have to become accustomed to dealing with different time zone and some days may start fairly early.

Huddle2014-02-02

"Smart people working very hard. Strong relationships inside and outside of work like I have never seen."

Current Employee - Sales in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Huddle full-time for more than a year

Pros

New offices in central San Francisco. Comfy chairs and neat desks Lots of British people which never gets old, good networking Good access to the senior management and founders Exciting space to be in and a responsive market Hire very well in sales, smart and professional and fun. No idiots!

Cons

No budget for personal technology Mobile phone contract is not covered Finance and engineering in the UK which is difficult at times given the time difference

Huddle2013-05-17

"Amazing place"

I have been working at Huddle for more than 3 years

Pros

Great culture, fantastic teams and a solid product that is making huge waves in the industry. Sales are going through the roof with lots of big deals. Senior Management are all perfect in their roles and the company is still hiring to fuel strong growth plans.

Cons

3 global offices makes it more of a challenge to communicate wiwth colleagues, but with new video conferencing technology this is becoming easier.

Advice to Management

Keep up the great work!

Huddle2013-01-18