Huddle Employee Reviews about "small company"

Updated 18 Feb 2020

Found 3 of over 78 reviews

3.8
Huddle CEO  Mark Wrighton (no image)
Mark Wrighton
Pros
  • "Have learnt a lot from the senior management team(in 7 reviews)

• "Nice people, good work / life balance(in 5 reviews)

• Cons
  • "It's a small company, so generally it has to grow for you to get promoted into a management position(in 3 reviews)

• "Area around the new office location is pretty dead(in 3 reviews)

• More Pros and Cons
    Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Choose a different language and keep reading other reviews.

Reviews about "small company"

Return to all Reviews
    1. 5.0
      Former Employee, more than 3 years

Exciting 3 years working with great people

18 Feb 2020 - Software Engineer in London, England, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

- amazing people who are there to help you if you need and make job fun. - career growth opportunities but you need to show yourself. Don't expect promotions for doing nothing. - you and your team takes responsibility for work, if something isn't right be prepared to make it right. This is great to develop quickly and learn. - new technology to work with and use in real product. - opportunity to try yourself in different roles. - real team spirit and collaboration. - once again, people, you meet colleagues when you start, then they become your friends

Cons

- it's a small company, changes happen quickly and they can be big. This can be good and bad for some people.

1 person found this review helpful

Huddle Response

Thank you for your review, it’s always great to learn from feedback that our employees leave us; and thank you for helping make Huddle what it is during your time with us.

2. 5.0
      Former Employee, more than 3 years

Great Place to Work and Advance Your Career

27 Sep 2019 - Strategic Account Executive in London, England, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

Fun enviroment, tallented people and not to much process. A great place for a sales rep that does not mind rolling up thier sleeves.

Cons

It is a small company, you wont be able to hide behind your screen if you not really trying to work ... :)

Be the first to find this review helpful

Huddle Response

Thank you again for your review, it’s always great to learn from feedback; and thank you for helping make Huddle what it is during your time with us

3. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 3 years

Massive learning experience, smart and friendly people, fantastic environment, great perks.

28 Sep 2014 - Anonymous Employee in London, England, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

I love this company. I joined four years ago, straight out of University. I turned down opportunities at large engineering and technology companies and bet on this a growing British startup with a pair of charismatic co-founders. It was a good decision. They have really looked after me: - The company has tripled in head count since I joined, and 6x since I first met Alastair. - I've worked in many roles across the business - I've been consistently rewarded and recognised for good work - I have a great line manager, who's given me sufficient autonomy and purpose to get things done while offering enough advice to prevent me cocking anything up (to badly). - I've enjoyed perks like share options, the Huddle Cuddle (a lifestyle bonus), free Huddle lunch on Wednesday, Huddle breakfast every day, travel to San Fransisco for work, health insurance and dental, half price gym membership, free cinema tickets, and a decent amount of holiday. - Socials are great too - we have one for the whole company every quarter - Huddleween is next up, then the Christmas party. We also go out for drinks and food on the company every time we have a major release - i.e. monthly. - You're celebrated every year with a "huddle birthday", providing extra perks depending on the time you've been at Huddle. This year I received £300 of amazon vouchers. - The senior management are available and approachable. I have learned from all of them, past and present. We hire smart people, who are friendly. This means you'll be challenged, but not intimidated.

Cons

It's a startup who occasionally has got to obsessed with big company stuff. Things that are eventually important, but can stifle startup people from doing great work. This comes in waves, but eventually people realise and ditch crappy process. Internal politics can mean it takes a while to fix a bad decision. Particularly when it's about people not product. I assume this is normal but I've not worked elsewhere for very long. It's a small company, so generally it has to grow for you to get promoted into a management position. Luckily it's growing fast. You can work very hard (and late) here, and might even love doing so. Particularly if you are regularly talking to the San Fransisco and DC offices.

Continue reading