Hudl Reviews | Glassdoor.co.uk

Hudl Reviews

Updated Dec 12, 2019

4.1
Hudl CEO David Graff (no image)
David Graff
Pros
  • "Free lunch and snacks are nice perk(in 23 reviews)

• "Work environment is excellent and also the team leads are very helpfull(in 15 reviews)

Cons
  • "management has cliques and it's hard to complain about anyone in upper management because they're all friends(in 5 reviews)

• "Working hours, rotational shifts(in 4 reviews)

1. "It's a high trust and high autonomy environment"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in London, England

I have been working at Hudl full-time for more than a year

Pros

The office environment which gets a good level of investment How the team interact with each other We have a market leading product but there is a hunger to develop others Confident acquisitions and growth plans Focus on company values The interaction between people seems to be friendlier and other offices I've worked in before. Interesting problems to tackle, across most of our teams in Tech, Product,... Commercial and People A mgmt philosophy based on coaching Flexible work culture

Cons

Some growing pain as we become a truly international workforce. The disparity of global benefits

Hudl2019-06-04
  2. "Great company that cares, but expect change often"

Current Employee - Lead Engineer

I have been working at Hudl full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

- founders genuinely care - great work life balance - they invest well in training - constantly experimenting

Cons

- the constant experimenting can wear you down - you can find yourself preparing for a big project and then we suddenly change direction - spread a bit too thinly

Hudl2019-03-29
  3. "Good Growing Company to get into!"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in London, England

I have been working at Hudl full-time for less than a year

Pros

Hudl is a great company to get into currently as there is so much growth potential. Benefits are great, but do vary from location to locations so worth checking what you get. (UK gets medical insurance, Unlimited Holiday's weekly free lunches, IT budget etc, trips to Lincoln NE.) Victories are celebrated, anniversaries shouted out (people stay with Hudl for years!) Hudl's values are important and actually... used. My fave is 'We are family'. Hudl employees really do have each others backs and you really feel that from day one!

Cons

The company is very US centric so you have to learn to deal with that, however I do think more is being done in other locations now and this is changing.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you're doing and investing in your people.

Hudl2018-11-09

"Sales"

I worked at Hudl full-time

Pros

Ambitious company that wants to take over the world.... the key word being dominate. This means acquisitions of the leading companies in their field of focus.

Cons

The aggressive drive becomes a negative as they won't let anything stand in their way to achieve this domination.... that includes employees

Advice to Management

I think the senior managers need to start to be honest and actually practice what they preach and "we are a family" needs to actually stand for something

Hudl2018-10-19

"We've built an incredible team, now don't give people reasons to leave"

Current Employee - Software Engineer in London, England

I have been working at Hudl full-time for more than a year

Pros

Hudl's hiring process is clearly working fantastically as everyone I've had the pleasure of working with have been fantastically capable and helpful. We seem to have avoided for the most part the common ailment of developer hubris which is no mean feat in my personal experience. My initial perception of this was actually a huge reason for signing up in the first place. Hudl also seems to have forged a strong... path from entry level positions into other areas of the company e.g. support to QA/operations. I came from an agency background with the desire to work at a product focussed company. Some people have bad experiences with such as a move as their new environment doesn't offer the variety they want. Fortunately Hudl is a multi-faceted product that allows for a lot for variety than some other companies can offer. Our office spaces are among the best I've experienced and are continually invested in. Our new headquarters in Lincoln, NE are well under construction and I can't wait to see the end result.

Cons

While Hudl is doing a great job of finding the best people to work with, I fear that limited career progression opportunities in other areas of the company - specifically product team roles - could make it difficult to hold onto these people. Salary compensation seems to vary quite wildly among people of similar experiences and ability and should probably be better standardized. This has been attempted but it... doesn't sound like peers are particularly happy with the methods or results so far. Perks are solid and largely on par with what you might expect from a company of our size but probably aren't exactly "world class" as is often touted. I would imagine people coming in from companies of a similar calibre would not be blown away. We have a particularly flat management structure which comes with some inherent issues regarding career stagnation - although we're hardly the only company struggling with these issues. Unfortunately this particular point isn't helped by actively limiting perceived progressions such as recommended raises at the end of a given year. In my personal experience a performance based raise recommendation was cut back presumably due to budget limitations despite not being particularly heavily compensated compared to other employees in the first place.

Advice to Management

We've done a great job of building our product team and I'm afraid we may struggle to hold onto them.

Hudl2016-06-06
  6. "Hudl stands by their core values 100%"

I have been working at Hudl full-time for more than a year

Pros

Relaxed/casual environment, ability to move up within, fantastic benefits, including free lunch every day and unlimited vacation.

Cons

LOTS of change and a lack of communication at times.

Hudl2019-12-02
  7. "Analyst at hudl"

Current Employee - Performance Analyst

I have been working at Hudl full-time for less than a year

Pros

Good environment, smart casuals allowed.

Cons

Very sketchy work ethic. NO growth at all

Hudl2019-12-12

"Best jobs to work in"

I have been working at Hudl full-time

Pros

If you really intrested in sports field regarding analysts and management go for it

Cons

Yet i haven't feel any downside of it but ya you have to struggle hard to get up.

Hudl2019-11-24
  9. "Known for culture and autonomy."

Current Employee - Associate Market Manager

I have been working at Hudl full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

The level of autonomy given by managers.

Cons

Green company who can work on consistency and getting salaries up to par with the rest of Lincoln.

Hudl2019-12-10
  10. "Best Company"

Current Employee - Shift Manager

I have been working at Hudl full-time

Pros

Everything is great about the company

Cons

Nothing bad actually in the company

Hudl2019-10-24