Humana Employee Reviews about "upper management"

Updated 10 Jun 2020

3.6
Humana President and CEO Bruce  D. Broussard
Bruce D. Broussard
1,518 Ratings
Cons

Reviews about "upper management"

Return to all Reviews
  1. "Good opportunity, but improvements to be made"

Former Employee - Administrative Coordinator in Jacksonville, FL

I worked at Humana full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Good opportunity overall. Decent pay. Work at Home. Benefits - Insurance, 401k 6% match, decent PTO (23 days a year), Volunteer time off (8 hours/yr), my immediate supervisor really cared for employees, team members in my experience were wonderful, CEO/upper management- I can tell they do care about the company

Cons

Department restructures are common. There is no room for advancement in my specific position. Workload is pretty heavy most of the time and can be quite stressful lots of the time - it’s common to be doing the work of more than one person and when coworkers are out on PTO, there is even more additional work. In my experience, you work much harder and there is much more of an expectation in an at home job such as this one, then in an office setting. There had been a significant growth in my department over the years but did not hired any additional staff to accommodate. They do monitor your productivity via DPA software, it shows any idle time and which activities you are spending your time. If you do your job, this is no big deal. But there is a slight micromanage. They really are proud of the Humana values and they do a decent job of reflecting most of them in my opinion. But there are some that I believe, and my team/department would agree, there is a disconnect on. An example- There is a 30 min wellness break each week that Humana promotes to its employees. However in the several years I was there- no one has been able to take advantage of it in my team/department. It had been “in the works” by immediate management for years. Large disconnect in upper management’s understanding on what we do on the day to day. “Pioneering simplicity” is supported and advocated by immediate supervisors but then gets combatted by upper management. Which in my observations leads to some frequent frustrations with members and facilities. This is a very defeating feeing for my department/team to frequently be advocates for change, simplicity and best practices, only to be redirected by upper management who are not familiar with what you do on a day to day. My job role turned out to be completely different than the posted job I applied, interviewed and believed I was being hired to do.

2. "Good Benefits, Silo Departments"

Current Employee - Department Supervisor

I have been working at Humana full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

401k match, PTO, observed holidays, emphasis on health and wellness.

Cons

Departments are quite frequently in silos, implementation of new processes aren't fully fleshed or thought out before teams are required to take on (both regionally and from corporate), less than desirable communication/dissemination of info from upper management teams.

3. "It has been very challenging having to prove my title as an Experience Customer Service Agent"

4.0
    Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Tucson, AZ

I have been working at Humana full-time for more than a year

Pros

Flexible hours, working along side other's, gaining member's trust, giving the upmost all that is pleased for the work that is presented at Humama

Cons

Straying ahead of the trainings, being part of the company, getting upper management to be fair all around not only when they feel it's convenient

4. "Good place to work"

5.0
    Current Employee - Contract Professional I in Louisville, KY

I have been working at Humana full-time for more than a year

Pros

Pay, benefits, 401k, bonuses

Cons

Upper management could be more involved with day to day processes

Continue reading
  5. "Good company to work for"

Former Employee - Care Coordinator

I worked at Humana full-time

Pros

The benefits offered were good

Cons

Lots of changes in upper management

6. "It's all about the well-being!"

5.0
    Current Employee - ARSOS in Green Bay, WI

I have been working at Humana full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Career Opportunities, Benefits, Volunteer Time-off, PTO, Employee Discounts, Wellness Breaks

Cons

Parking, time-off, upper management not understanding processes due to lack of experience but expecting high metrics to be met

"Buy stock but don't work there"

Former Employee - RN Care Manager in Saint Petersburg, FL

I worked at Humana full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Decent pay, great customers. Prior to new CEO in 2014 or so it was a dream job, really making changes in patients (members) lives creating strong bonds with them.

Cons

Micromanaging, some coaches create hostile environment neither upper management, nor H.R. want to address it, falls on deaf ears. Was a top heavy company when I was there.

"Rewarding Career"

4.0
    Former Employee - Sales Representative in Little Rock, AR

I worked at Humana full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

Helping your community. Schedule your own events Always doing something different.

Cons

Fine line between ethical sales and meeting sales goals Upper management favors agents and leaves other to fail

"Dual Eligible Outreach"

Former Employee - Outbound Representative in Doral, FL

I worked at Humana full-time for more than a year

Pros

The company is fine, they offer alot of benefits and really care about employees well being. The Dual Eligible Outreach department is just disorganized and are all about numbers and not the associates.

Cons

The insurance is horrible!!! God forbids you become hospitalized the bill that you're left with is ridiculous. The pay is not competitive at all, new comers are getting paid then senior associates which is not encouraging at all, there is no room for growth. Micro-managing is at an all time high. Unnecessary changes to metrics after bonus incentive implemented in order to not earn it. The level of disconnection between upper management, to associates is ridiculous. A very simple job has turned into a dreading nightmare. Its like you're in prison the minute you log in.

"Fake"

Current Employee - Medicare Sales Representative in Louisville-Jefferson County, KY

I have been working at Humana full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Competitive pay/opportunity to move within company

Cons

Working for a health insurance company, yet employee health benefits are terrible. They talk the talk of caring about their employees, but they don't. They only care about the almighty dollar. The upper management is so fake.

Found 98 reviews