Found 58,064 of over 110K reviews
- Most Recent
- Highest Rating
- Lowest Rating
What are your colleagues talking about?
Top Review Highlights by Sentiment
Excerpts from user reviews, not authored by Glassdoor
- "1. Big Organisation 2. In/Out time constraint is not here 3. Work life balance is good" (in 8198 reviews)
- "The people are great and the Extreme Blue program was excellent for learning principles of product design." (in 4195 reviews)
- "flexible work from home for female employee a great" (in 4163 reviews)
- "Good benefits backed by a solid fortune 50 company with world class products and services." (in 2848 reviews)
- "1. Extremely good work culture 2. Packages are good 3. Direct contact to senior level employees" (in 2578 reviews)
- "Low salary and the increment was less than 2% even top performer unless you got band promotion" (in 4591 reviews)
- "Poor Management . . . . . . . . . . . . . ." (in 2615 reviews)
- "• Hard to get a promotion unless you have a good manager that is respected and fights for you" (in 1909 reviews)
- "The pay is low and not much hope it will get better even through hard work and delivering results." (in 1580 reviews)
- "No Salary hike.No On site opportunity.Very few are lucky getting visas and traveled to on" (in 1480 reviews)
- 5.0FEATURED REVIEW28 Jan 2023Managing ConsultantCurrent EmployeeLondon, England
Great leadership, client portfolio, training, culture and people management.
No cons at all. Great place to workIBM Response9mo
Thank you for the 5-star feedback! We are happy that you are part of this innovation journey we are always on at IBM. We are proud of the culture of learning and diversity and inclusion that we've cultivated for so many years. We hope you have a long and successful career here at IBM!
- 4.017 Oct 2023Subject Matter Expert (SME)Current Employee, more than 5 yearsLondon, England
Being an important part of a global organisation with great resources and commitment to using them. You never feel as if the world is on your shoulders. There is always help from great people in your country and all around the globe. Very re-assuring when facing complexity or new challenges. And IBM is not a staid organisation stuck in the past. It does have a very vibrant, diverse workforce that is very reflective of the world we live in. Forget the old stereotypes - those in white shirts and ties loitering over mainframe computers are long gone.
Big blue is a big ship that does not often turn quickly. Some mystery on what the entire compensation is made up of. Though salaries are usually good, bonuses always seem to be a mystery. And career progression is a never-ending challenge.
- 3.021 Nov 2023Senior Sales ExecutiveCurrent Employee, more than 1 yearLondon, England
Good benefits, pockets of great people trying to advance IBM
Lots of people who have "always done it that way", flip the coin and lots of raw sales graduates - lack of solid middle ground people. The business feels a little stuck in the past.
- 3.015 Oct 2023Senior ManagerCurrent Employee, more than 3 yearsLondon, England
Amazing tech and exciting projects to work on. Knowledgeable technical people An answer to almost any client problem
Senior leaders say they care about things like mental health, ethnic and neuro-diversity and sustainability. They have the programmes and the awareness campaigns, but it’s mostly a tick box exercise. The leaders still run the business like it would have been in the 90’s. Make sure you’ve interviewed them as much they are interviewing you. There are leaders in the business that are genuine and want to make a difference, but they’re not senior enough to have a fundamental impact on the leadership style and culture.5
- 3.024 Nov 2023Managing ConsultantCurrent Employee, more than 5 yearsLondon, England
I like the work I do, and the people I work with. I have also had positive experiences with leadership and career growth
Compensation is not good. No bonuses either. Other benefits (e.g. maternity pay) could also be inproved
- 5.027 Nov 2023Robotic Process Automation (RPA) DeveloperCurrent Employee, more than 10 yearsLondon, England
They've been great at training me in new fields
I'm sometimes required to travel around the UK
- 5.09 Nov 2023Senior Managing ConsultantFormer Employee, more than 5 yearsLondon, England
There are lots of opportunities to define your own career trajectory. If you have an entrepreneurial mindset and a passion for using technology and data analytics/data science to solve problems, you can thrive.
It can be overwhelming to navigate the processes in this large, global, matrix organisation. It is very bureaucratic and process-driven, even for the smallest of tasks. The American influence on the culture is tangible.
- 4.023 Nov 2023Data ScientistCurrent Employee, more than 3 yearsLondon, England
Work life balance is perfect here. You are not pushed to work inhumane hours and the wealth of resources at your disposal is great
I wouldn’t say IBM has a better AI offering than our competitors unfortunately
IBM Reviews FAQs
IBM has an overall rating of 4.0 out of 5, based on over 110,092 reviews left anonymously by employees. 82% of employees would recommend working at IBM to a friend and 66% have a positive outlook for the business. This rating has decreased by -1% over the last 12 months.
82% of IBM employees would recommend working there to a friend based on Glassdoor reviews. Employees also rated IBM 4.2 out of 5 for work life balance, 4.1 for culture and values and 3.9 for career opportunities.