ICP Nurseries Reviews

Updated Sep 17, 2021

Found 161 of over 163 reviews

4.8
ICP Nurseries Director Dominic Harrison (no image)
Dominic Harrison
1 Rating
Pros
  • "Amazing training opportunities to access for all(in 26 reviews)

• "I have worked at our nursery for 7 months(in 17 reviews)

• Cons
  • "There are no cons for working at ICP(in 21 reviews)

• "I can not think of any cons working for ICP(in 17 reviews)

• More Pros and Cons
    Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

The latest conversations about Teachers

Join the conversation on

Teachers

9m

a

West Virginia Elementary School Teacher

Who is taking the COVID-19 Shot? Do you think all teachers should?

2,838

955 Comments

Teachers

26.8K Members

Ask candid career questions

-1 - https://www.fishbowlapp.com/bowl/teachers/posts?cf=gd&utm_medium=Glassdoor&utm_source=glassdoor.co.uk&utm_campaign=Reviews&utm_content=Industry-content-prominent-Reviews&utm_term=ICP Nurseries~2164781
    Join the conversation on
    1. 5.0
      Current Employee, less than 1 year

Staff Review

Sep 17, 2021 - Anonymous Employee
      Business Outlook

Pros

Healthcare, Bike to work, Discounted childcare, Free meals, Supportive head office team, Well resourced, Wellbeing team and line.

Cons

None that I have come across so far.

2. 1.0
      Former Employee

Full of false promises

Sep 10, 2021 - Nursery Manager in Crawley, West Sussex, South East England, England, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

If they offered the support and benefits they claimed it would be a great place to work. I felt from my supervisors a real desire to help and genuine understanding of the problems we faced in the nurseries and a frustration of the situation. I dont belive the issues faced are from a lack of care or bad management.

Cons

Due to the national shortage in qualified early years educators you are running constantly understaffed. This means instead of doing the job you are employed to do you are working in room in ratio all day every day. The operations manager and childcare managers are even covering the gaps in ratio every day. You are told the head office will help you but there is a lack of understanding that if your not at your desk you cant do the things that need to be done. There is a huge amount of duplicated tasks which are a drain on already precious time. A full time role is already 45 hours a week and for a manager out of hours work such as staff meetings and training are not paid or TOIL offered. Expenses are delayed by months I am still waiting for mine 2 months after I left having paid for Taxies to send staff to other sites because the petti cash was used up on Taxi. The company promoted themselves as being supportive of staff wellbeing and welfare however I burnt out after 6 months of nothing changing and despite asking for a reduced role to support my mental health I was reduced to a breakdown and having to leave under a cloud. I was told about bonuses and benefits at the interview that despite asking repeatedly for information on how these bonuses where assessed so i knew which targets to meet i was not given the information and was told by other managers that they were almost impossible to achieve.

Marketing Communications Manager

We are pleased to hear that you felt your supervisors had a genuine desire to help and support you in your role but are very disappointed to read other elements of your review which do not align with our interpretation of events or the ethos of our company. All of our Managers receive a thorough induction and are fully supported by members of our Operational, Childcare, and Central Office support team. Whilst there is a challenge nationally with staffing in early years, full support is offered from our senior team, both on-site to avoid understaffing, and in terms of administrative support. Our Central Office support team always step in to undertake administrative tasks whenever asked to do so to alleviate any pressure on our Nursery Managers and teams. Our Managers are always reminded to reach out if further support is needed, and it is provided. Any expense claims submitted with relevant receipts are paid promptly and in line with our expenses policy, although of course cannot be paid where receipts are not provided. All requests for flexible or reduced working are considered favourably to support each individual’s circumstances and wellbeing, and whilst this review is anonymous, and we are not able to be 100% certain of the reviewer’s identity we believe that the request in question was approved and confirmed the very next day following its receipt. We are very sorry that despite this you took the decision to leave our employment, but this was certainly not ‘under a cloud’. Working additional hours is actively discouraged and in any cases where this occurs, overtime and TOIL is offered – again we are confident that the reviewer did take TOIL on occasions this was accrued, and was fully supported with time off during periods where family and health, quite rightly, needed to come first. Whilst, traditionally, the early years, is not a highly paid sector, we pride ourselves on providing one of the most competitive salary, benefits, and support packages in the industry, and hope that this review would not put off anyone passionate about pursuing a career in childcare. Whilst there are of course, more lucrative career paths than childcare, we believe the job satisfaction our teams derive from helping our children to learn and develop, in conjunction with our competitive rates of pay, and career and development opportunities, make a career in childcare with us a great one.

3. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 3 years

Amazing company- could not ask for more

Jun 25, 2021 - Anonymous Employee
      Business Outlook

Pros

Great support network, salary, training opportunities

Cons

None i can think of

4. 5.0

Fantastic Company

May 10, 2021 - Nursery Manager in Ardleigh, England, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

Full of support from all managers Lots of extra benefits including Thursday treats which the staff love Very positive workforce

Cons

None that I have currently

1 person found this review helpful
    5. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 5 years

Old barn day nursery

Apr 14, 2021 - Nursery Practitioner in Banstead, England, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

I have been working at old barn day nursery for nearly 7 years now working as a student to fully qualified practitioner, gaining many experiences and opportunities throughout the years, old barn is like an amazing nursery, looking after each other like a big family, making memories and lasting impressions, from my experiance in working in ICP Nurseries and getting to travel to other nurseries as well I have been able to meet extraordinary people who do amazing at their jobs and gain further experience that I can bring back to my nursery.

Cons

Nothing that I can think off

6. 5.0

Highly recommend

Apr 13, 2021 - Deputy Manager in London, England, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

They look after they employees

Cons

I like everything about the company

7. 5.0

Employee review

Apr 11, 2021 - Deputy Manager in London, England, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

ICP is a great company to work for. The nurseries are beautiful and well resourced. Salaries are above average and there are many employee benefits, bonus systems and room for promotion. They have a strong support system from senior teams and many training opportunities such as Forest School. Our CEO shows compassion and support and ensures staff are happy and well looked after.

Cons

There are no Cons for working for ICP.

8. 5.0
      Current Employee

Fantastic company to work for!

Apr 9, 2021 - Anoynymous in London, England, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

I feel very privileged to work with such a supportive and fantastic company . At all levels the communication and care is felt throughout and presented through the brilliant mental health support that is in place. Our CEO shows compassion and a high level of support which makes a huge difference .

Cons

None I can think of .

9. 1.0
      Former Employee, more than 3 years

Terrible work environment, with uncaring senior staff.

Apr 7, 2021 - Nursery Practitioner in London, England, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

There are very few other than relatively good pay.

Cons

The nursery I worked at was bought out by ICP as an outstanding setting, I can safetly say it is not that anymore. Staff are constantly working over ratio, and are threatened with disciplinary action if they speak up. Management and senior staff are rude, dismissive and unfeeling. Many members of staff ended up being signed off due to stress, only to be called selfish and made to feel awful upon return. Expectations of staff are frankly ridiculous. Not only are members of staff constantly left to work over ratio, they are then expected to complete copious amounts of paperwork which are way beyond what ofsted require. Children are often left to their own devices, with very few age appropriate resources available for each room. Often the same toys are out all day long. If parents knew how little time their children spend outside or doing planned activities they would be horrified. Every single extra curricular activity which was previously available before the nursery was published were cancelled, but the fees remained the same. Staff turnover is very very high, as staff feel unappreciated, overworked and worthless. Management are rude and hurtful, but if staff try to raise this, upper management side with lower management and said member of staff is made to feel like a liar. Covid regulations were not followed, and the nursery remained open even after a positive case was reported. Overall I feel terrible for any staff still working for this awful company, and even worse for parents who are unknowingly sending their children somewhere this shocking. ICP are great at talking the talk and selling themselves, but it's all a lie.

2 people found this review helpful

Marketing Communications Manager

We are appalled to read this review as it is simply not an accurate reflection of any of our Nurseries. Staff are not asked to work out of ratio, and we have a confidential ‘listening line’ which all staff have access to and where they would be able to raise any concerns of this nature completely anonymously. We also have a robust Whistleblowing Policy which we would expect our staff to follow in the event they had concerns of this nature. As a company we have a huge focus on staff wellbeing with Mental Health First Aid training being offered to all Managers and Senior staff so that they can support their staff teams. All paperwork which staff are asked to complete is to support children’s learning and development, or health and safety, and this is kept to a minimum. Any extra-curricular activities provided by external agencies at our Nurseries are regularly reviewed to ensure they meet the curriculum requirements. Where this is not the case, or the use of an external provider means that very few children will benefit from the activity because it takes place on a set day each week, staff are provided with training to deliver bespoke Above and Beyond Educational Experiences which meet the needs of all of our children. Our Nurseries are fully resourced with a range of inviting and engaging resources but the use and rotation of these resources, together with the planning of activities and outside time is of course the responsibility of each practitioner working with their Key Children with support provided from their Nursery Manager. We have an extremely robust COVID-19 Risk Assessment in place and in the event of a confirmed case, we have followed all Public Health and Department for Education guidance, which has never included an instruction to close the Nursery. We have robust auditing processes in place to monitor any concerns and whilst we are extremely upset by this review, we are also disappointed that you did not raise this during your time working with us and are instead using this facility to raise concerns anonymously without any opportunity of us knowing if they are true or vexatious or indeed even which nursery it is you are referring to. We take all concerns seriously and would very much welcome the opportunity to discuss this review with you, together with your motivation for writing it. If you wish to remain anonymous, even as an ex-employee, you can of course still access the confidential listening line and any concerns shared will be dealt with robustly in line with our internal policies and procedures.

10. 1.0
      Former Employee, more than 1 year

Not a recommended company

Feb 28, 2021 - Early Childhood Teacher in London, England, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

Good contracted benefits for staff

Cons

The ICP nursery I worked at is poorly ran with a lack or resources for the children. My friends and I were bullied by people with more authority than me, this has led us to all leave this company. We also raised our concerns with head office but they done nothing about it. This has caused a negative affect to a lot of staffs mental well-being.

2 people found this review helpful

Marketing Communications Manager

We were extremely upset and alarmed to read this review as the contents of it are at complete odds with our ethos as a Company. We take these allegations extremely seriously and do not tolerate bullying of any kind. Any concerns raised with our Central Office team are dealt with in line with our policies and procedures and we also operate a dedicated listening helpline which employees can contact confidentially to raise any concerns. As this review is anonymous, we cannot identify which Nursery the review relates to, nor can we reach out to you individually to discuss this further, which we would very much like to. Each of our Nurseries is fully resourced and significant investment has been made in this area to ensure children are provided with a stimulating and nurturing environment in which to flourish. We have also made significant investment in supporting our staff’s mental wellbeing and providing a nurturing environment to work in, as this is the culture we foster throughout our company. We would urge you to contact us directly so we can address your concerns. We care very much about the feelings of our employees, and this includes ex-employees who are no longer with us, whatever the reasons may be for us parting ways.

Viewing 1 - 10 of 161 Reviews