ICP Search Reviews

Updated 2 Jun 2021

Found 16 of over 16 reviews

4.0
ICP Search Chief Executive Gary Peters (no image)
Gary Peters
  1. 5.0
    Former Employee, more than 3 years

Top recruitment agency with some great employees

10 May 2021 - Senior Account Manager in Brighton, England, England
    Business Outlook

Pros

The team (family) at ICP consists of some very talented and driven professionals. It was an absolute pleasure to work with everyone within the company and I have left with some great memories and genuine friends. - Best of luck in the future.

Cons

None, it was the hardest decision to leave.

2. 4.0
    Current Employee, less than 1 year

Great team & environment

2 Jun 2021 - Senior Account Manager in Brighton, England, England
    Business Outlook

Pros

Really great management and team, they're supportive, hardworking and great fun.

Cons

None really, its a great place to work!

3. 5.0
    Current Employee

Resilient and collaborative business with a heart.

27 Jan 2021 - Recruitment Manager in Brighton, England, England
    Business Outlook

Pros

Great place to work with a fantastic working environment and an incredible bunch of people. Its a forward thinking business with management listening and taking on board ideas from all the staff and is keen to make sure all new staff have a voice from day one . Commission scheme is BRILLIANT!!

Cons

This is a difficult one........... Nope I cant think of any!

1 person found this review helpful

Head of HR & Operations

Thank you for your positivity, your teamwork and your feedback.

4. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year

Great company, awesome people and very good career development opportunities

26 Nov 2019 - Consultant in Brighton, England, England
    Business Outlook

Pros

I have worked at ICP Search for around 14 months now and it is 100% the best career move I have ever made. Since day one, I have had all the support I have needed from management to succeed and have received excellent training which has helped me to develop my career significantly. If you are ambitious and driven, then ICP Search will be an amazing place for you to achieve great things. It is a mature, fun, autonomous and collaborative working environment with a truly brilliant team of people. There is no micro management and I have never not received advice or guidance when I have asked for it. In my time here so far, I have achieved promotions, have been encouraged to travel internationally to meet clients (without having to request it) and in my earlier days, was given patience, time and trust from management to build out a new market for the company in a manner which suited my work style. Every member of the team has a voice and a role to play in the direction of the company. There are plenty of laughs and a good social aspect too. I can't recommend enough.

Cons

In my opinion, the culture is spot on, management is brilliant and the team are fantastic. I wouldn't change a thing.

4 people found this review helpful

Head of HR & Operations

Thank you so much for your positivity. We keep moving forwards together!

5. 3.0
    Former Employee, more than 1 year

A good lifestyle business

19 Nov 2019 - Consultant in Brighton, England, England
    Business Outlook

Pros

- Autonomous work environment. Generally speaking you will be left to your own devices and proceed how you see best. Very hands off leadership -Friendly colleagues. The team were always a nice bunch. Non-political and quite collaborative. Social bunch too. -Not a heavy KPI environment. Whilst call times and ratios are recorded, the emphasis was more on quality, not quantity. - Good support from HR and external trainers / mentors - A family run lifestyle business that is a good place to carry on your trade. - Low pressured environment and a good place if you are an experienced consultant looking for a reasonable work life balance. -Supportive culture, people want to see one another do well.

Cons

-Whilst more stable now, it is not the company it once was. It has been in gradual decline for a while now. - A lot of the market verticals that ICP once had a name for itself in have been left by the wayside. -Overall revenues generated have continued to decrease. -Most consultants were underperforming and not hitting their financial targets for the year. -Base salary and commission structure is sightly below average for the market in Brighton -CEO, whilst supportive, has problems delivering hard or difficult news, meaning issues are often communicated poorly. -The CFO is overly risk adverse. This creates issues as well as lost revenues and business opportunities for ICP. -Promotions felt hollow; with a a change in Job title but no real change in pay or responsibilities -No working from home policy as staff were not trusted to do so, apart from certain individuals, which caused some resentment -Quite a strong culture of mediocrity, whilst not a bad thing in itself, if you're looking to really push yourself, it's probably not the place for you. -It's highly likely that the previous review was written by the CEO (used a lot of buzzwords he tends to use as well as the 'fist bump' emoji. Watch out for the validity of some of these reviews. Don't listen to the ultra negative ones either, they're not fair or impartial either.

10 people found this review helpful

Head of HR & Operations

Thank you for your review. Your comments have been noted and we wish you all the best for the future.

6. 1.0
    Former Employee, less than 1 year

AWFUL COMPANY

17 Sep 2019 - Recruitment Consultant in Brighton, England, England
    Business Outlook

Pros

The consultants are great but managment was awful

Cons

Poor managment felt so undervalued No progression Long hours and awful pay

7 people found this review helpful

7. 5.0

Amazing Company

3 Jan 2019 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

CEO has a supportive management style. A great bunch of staff that are focused achieving and celebrating success. Uplifting atmosphere Location

Cons

I cant fault the company after my first year.

2 people found this review helpful

Head of HR & Operations

Thank you for your lovely review. We are proud of who we are as a business and as a team so thank you for sharing your experiences so far and taking the time do do this. Here's to many more successful and fun years that we can carry on celebrating together!

8. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 3 years

A lot of heart and a lot of skill

16 Nov 2017 - Managing Consultant in Brighton, England, England
    Business Outlook

Pros

-ICP is a well-positioned search firm sitting in niche industries. We have a great market reputation and 16 years of successful trading to back it up. -Working within niche industries is excellent, presenting unique rewards and challenges. My focus is on connected media (video streaming, OTT, VOD etc.), our markets are fast-paced and genuinely interesting to recruit within. -Our staff are a tight-knit bunch of girls/guys. We have each other's backs and are very collaborative. - We're located in the heart of the South Laines, just down from the Pier - We have a good social aspect as well, including company holidays, quarterly events and charity nights. - A very self-empowering environment, highly autonomous. -We promote from within. If you are willing to work for it, you will get it. I've been promoted 3 times since I joined. -We have a great deal of external training which is incredibly useful -We have a very strong support team, leaving consultants and delivery teams to get on with front facing activities. It frees up a lot of our time. -A good level of international travel for consultants

Cons

-Our office lifts break down a lot and we are on the forth floor. Maybe skip if you don't like stairs or getting stuck with your colleagues in a lift ;) -Not a firm for you if you want to be another cog in the wheel. We are all accountable for our own actions, no hiding or shying away from this.

9. 3.0

Recruitment Consultant

4 Mar 2019 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

Great people and support in a relaxed family environment. Management are out to help you as much as possible and they also have external consultants to help support you.

Cons

Processes can be a bit slow.

1 person found this review helpful

Head of HR & Operations

Thanks for your positive review and i'm so pleased that you enjoy working here.It would be great to discuss your comment about processes so we can improve on this. Thanks again, and good luck with your continued success at ICP Search.

10. 5.0

My Forever Company

25 Jul 2017 - Anonymous Employee in Brighton, England, England
    Business Outlook

Pros

- An incredible bunch of people to work with - Inspired ideas - You are always heard and supported and join in the big decisions, like setting the company vision - Supportive environment across peers and management - Open door policy and very approachable Executive Leadership Team - Employees are well invested in, with coaching and training from external experts - 4pm finishes on Friday, a beer fridge and heaps of social opportunities - Ability to travel and attend trade shows all across the globe - The company are committed to individual growth and development plans with several options dependent on what suits each person - You feel like you are running your own business - The markets we work in are unbelievably cool and the people here are so passionate and well-informed on their industries - Over-achievement is recognised and rewarded very well - Lots of opportunities to work with the community and to participate in charity events - The culture is the best i have come across, people here are firm friends and welcoming/supportive of new arrivals

Cons

- Could use more middle management (they are hiring)

Viewing 1 - 10 of 16 Reviews