IESA Employee Reviews about "iesa"

Updated Jul 3, 2021

Found 27 of over 181 reviews

IESA President Debbie Bowring (no image)
Debbie Bowring
Pros
  • "This is very fast paced business and not the place for you if you can't keep up(in 15 reviews)

• "The working environment at IESA is fast paced and every day is different which I really enjoy(in 9 reviews)

• Cons
  • "Non of note, I have a very positive experience with IESA and would have no hesitation recommending this company(in 27 reviews)

• "THIS SPEAKS VOLUMES ON HOW THE SENIOR MANAGEMENT VIEW THE STAFF(in 14 reviews)

• More Pros and Cons
    Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Reviews about "iesa"

Return to all Reviews
    1. 5.0
      Former Employee, more than 1 year

Excellent Company

Jan 22, 2021 - Head of IT Infrastructure in Birchwood
      Business Outlook

Pros

Fast paced dynamic company, great working environment, continues to look after staff during the Covid pandemic. Great colleagues and leadership.

Cons

Non of note, I have a very positive experience with IESA and would have no hesitation recommending this company.

1 person found this review helpful

IESA Response

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review, good luck in your new role.

2. 2.0
      Former Employee, more than 1 year

Immature Business

Jun 23, 2021 - Manager in Warrington, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

Nice polo shirt with many colors to choose from (if you are important enough)

Cons

Short sighted management and lack of investment in people Iesa believe they are a ground breaking, innovative business but in truth they are run autocratically and very top down. The higher management team are very poor from communication to delivery across the business. They promise the world to clients and deliver very little true value. If you are not the right fit (yes person) you are quickly moved out of the business i am happy to have had the experience of working foe Iesa it has taught me alot of very valuable lesson in my career. But my god am i happy that i have now progressed my career outside of there. Good luck to all who still work there as there are a lot of really good and talented people still working. But believe me the grass is so much greener!

1 person found this review helpful

IESA Response

Thank you for taking the time leave a review. As you have pointed out our polo shirts are available in many colours each one represents either an event or identify subject matter experts. We note you are an anonymous reviewer who has worked for IESA for between 1-2 years, due to Covid restrictions we have been working from home for the last 16 months and therefore there has been no reason or requests to issue new polo shirts. IESA does have an innovative business model that has been disruptive in the industrial marketplace providing e-procurement solutions and world class stores management solutions. We have a track record in delivering unit cost, transactional, working capital and technical benefits which are backed by guaranteed performance. The latest feedback through our employee engagement survey measures our leadership team at 74% and having a clear sense of company direction at 73% with positive supporting comments about how changes have been recognised and well received from all areas within the business. We are delighted that you have learnt a lot from IESA and that you are now happy in your career. Good luck for the future!

3. 1.0
      Current Employee, more than 1 year

The worst company I've ever worked for in 34 years of employment.

Jul 3, 2021 - Stores Envoy in London, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

Absolutely no pros at all.

Cons

Do not work for this company if you value yourself in any way. You will be overworked, exploited, belittled and bullied by toxic magement, from top to bottom. You will never be able to work hard enough for their ridiculously high kpis, you will be expected to work extra for nothing and forgo breaks to meet their impossible standards. If I had read the reviews before joining I would have never taken the job. Trying to find another job, literally anything to get away from this terrible company. I have worked in this industry doing the same thing for 16 years and after a year at iesa I am stressed, exhausted and have developed health problems. I just hope I can leave soon.

4 people found this review helpful

IESA Response

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review. As a current employee we would encourage you to contact our HR department who will discuss your concerns with you.

4. 1.0
      Former Employee

Good Riddance

Dec 27, 2020 - Stores Envoy
      Business Outlook

Pros

Got paid on time got a uniform

Cons

Where to start? outdated system Run stores on paper based system. Most companies moved to bar code scanners years ago. We used to have a bar code system till IESA took over. Management. By far the most incompetent bunch of Idiots I have come across in over 30 years in warehousing and stores. Totally Clueless, Bullying and intimidation is the IESA management way. Never take responsibility for anything, always blame store envoys. If you want to climb the management tree, stab your fellow workers in the back, throw them under the bus and take credit for other peoples ideas. Any descent manger usually leaves for a better company. Would not trust them to run, a bath let alone a store. HR, see above. Training non-existent although management will tell you you have been trained! Health and Safety Again non-existent As for Covid19 they did absolutely nothing. Despite weekly newsletters from Debbie Bowring, President (another bull job tittle) telling about all the precautions they had put in place a Warrington, nothing was done in the outlying stores despite numerous requests. The client eventually supplied us with wipes and hand sanitiser. THIS SPEAKS VOLUMES ON HOW THE SENIOR MANAGEMENT VIEW THE STAFF. And as for the CREED total corporate bull. "Delivering the wow" what does that even mean? If IESA is your only option then yes go work for them, it pays the bills at the end of the day. But if you have other options avoid IESA like the plague

IESA Response

Thank you for taking time to leave a review which we note is anonymous, therefore we cannot contact you directly to discuss and understand your comments. We would like to invite you to meet with one of our Executive Team to have an open and honest conversation regarding your feedback. In the mean time we have provided feedback on each of your points below: IESA has a Grievance Policy which allows employees to raise a grievance that is independently investigated and responded to accordingly. We do not tolerate bullying or intimidation in the company and have appropriate processes and procedures in place to handle any allegations accordingly. As we do not know which store you worked at we can not explain to you why IESA did not use bar-code scanners in that location and there could be numerous technical reasons or indeed specific client requirements which explain our existing deployment. This would also have been explained to you and we always take the time to further explain if you were still unclear of the situation. We encourage training at all levels including initial, systems, training when you join the organisation and we provide a Training Team who support the business together with LinkedIn Learning. Additionally we have recently introduced, in collaboration with our Stores people, weekly Teams (live and recorded) training sessions, the subjects of which are chosen by our Stores people. Our people are really important to us and individuals have the opportunity to discuss their Training and Development needs and progress in their monthly 1-2-1 meeting with their line manager. We have an Operational Excellence process that measures and reports on standards in all areas of the business including the stores which is an integral part of our service delivery to our clients. Standards of Health and Safety are a key part of the Operational Excellence process and evidence has to be provided during these reviews. IESA is also accredited with the Safe Contractor Certification which is regularly audited. We are unable to comment on your comment about ‘throwing people under the bus’ as this statement is unclear and contains no specific detail. During the pandemic our priority is, at all times, the Health, Safety and Well Being of our colleagues. With regard to the COVID standards in the stores, we can assure you there was and remains a process in place to ensure all stores had access to PPE and sanitising items, despite the well publicised shortages the country faced initially. Indeed at IESA we are very proud of our achievement in sourcing significant quantities of PPE on behalf of our clients and supporting them during these unprecedented times, so much so that we have been recognised and received awards for our levels of support. Finally, The CREED is the five Company values which were developed and chosen by our colleagues to represent the values which were important to them and embody what we as IESA stand for. All our values are well briefed throughout the organisation including at Induction, in 1-2-1’s, discussed and assessed during Performance Reviews and recognised through activities and celebrations including monthly and annual awards.

5. 1.0
      Current Employee

Great business model, poor management

Aug 25, 2019 - Anonymous Employee
      Business Outlook

Pros

It’s so bad, it’s good…. Due to poor management, you will get opportunities to get involved in areas you would not be able to in a properly run and structured company. So, will look good on your CV for your next job. There are a few genuine people who really want to do their best for the Client and the business. These people are also very supportive of other members of staff, but are often overlooked by managers, in favor of those who make a big show of what they do and fawn over the senior management. Clients will save money on a transactional basis, but they should take the benchmark savings with a pinch of salt Working here is like being in one of those training films they show to trainee managers, this one teaches you: How NOT to treat your staff? How NOT to manage your business? How NOT to treat your Clients?

Cons

IESA is best summed up in the words of a Client, used to describe an IESA Head of “great at promising, dire at delivering” – (I’ve substituted “dire” instead of the expletive the client used) Benchmark savings are routinely altered to show the savings in the best light. According to one manager: “it’s better to show as zero saving, rather than a negative one” and as most Clients don’t have time to verify the savings, these “amendments” mainly go unchallenged. Unless your JLR or a new prestigious client you won’t get much support to resolve outstanding issues, (of which there are many following any IESA implementation), once your sites goes live with IESA. Be careful who you trust in this company, many people will run straight to a manager with any opportunity to knock a colleague down, if it means looking better in management eyes. Permanent recruitment company on site, (often seen in warehouse/retail environment) 1st time I’ve seen it in an office environment – BIG clue to a large staff turnover The LIFT program - trust me it doesn’t take longer to learn this business than it does to obtain your degree. It’s cheap labour, why pay someone a full wage to do a job when you can pay someone £5k to £10k less Like the benchmark savings, some Client scorecards are “tweaked” by some of the CRM’s to improve the Client score, to avoid the wrath of the CEO Some CRMs dump much of their workload onto their CREs, the “Heads of” are oblivious to this, though the clients are not, with some openly saying that the CRE is carrying the CRM. A lot of good CRE’s leave because they got tired of doing their CRM’s job for them. The review from the ex CRM claiming they were over worked, they should have tried being a CRE, who’s travelling 3.5hrs to a site that their CRM can see out of their bedroom window and get to in 20 mins, yet they find it hard even to make the monthly review meetings. Heads of CRM and CRM’s happily throw CREs and Store personnel “under the bus” to cover up their own short comings. The 1-2-1’s and appraisal system is a joke. It has the potential to be a strong development tool both personally and for the business, but it is misused, so it has the total opposite effect and demotivates/divides staff. Many 1-2-1’s are either not done or in the case of Store personnel only conduct just before an internal audit so the store doesn’t lose points (something the audit team either don’t notice or choose to ignore, both scenarios are dangerous). Appraisals are often not done face to face (when they should be), but staff are routinely downgraded by the senior managers and staff get no feedback as to why. As Managers, you should have the courage of your convictions and have the courtesy to tell the person to their face as to why you have downgraded them. Lack of foresight and vision…. Highlighted by their recent move to new premises… 150 plus staff and only 100 parking spaces!?!?! As well as missed opportunities in a variety of business sectors Things have not improved since RS took over as they are only interested in pushing their services on the client rather than improving the business for both employees and clients

4 people found this review helpful

IESA Response

Thank you for your review, it is always a positive move to be able to express your opinions. As a current employee, who has remained anonymous, you must feel free to approach any member of the IESA Executive team to speak openly about any constructive feedback you may wish to share. This is a policy which is extended to all IESA Team members. As I am sure you are aware, IESA has grown significantly in recent years as many companies have adopted our successful and disruptive business model over recent years. That growth has been achieved through the development of a strong and robust organisational structure and a partnership approach to achieving client benefits. Our customer satisfaction runs at over 80% and our open book trading relationships provide auditable reporting of all our performance measures. The management team of IESA view all our clients as equally important to our business and our Client Relationship Team has been structured to ensure that they receive very best support possible. Finally, the company view the creation of a productive working environment as a key element of our overall business. Strategy and feedback communications are provided in the form of weekly updates, monthly reviews and quarterly town halls which include the option to provide anonymous feedback. Our Glint employee surveys show the high level of engagement is increasing within the business as our team develops collectively to further IESA’s client service.

6. 5.0

Fantastic Employer

Jul 5, 2019 - Store Envoy in Turriff, Scotland
      Business Outlook

Pros

Great leadership, clear future direction and really great support with opportunities to progress in career, systems are highly managed and controlled.

Cons

I have found nothing but a really positive experience working for IESA the past 9 months since transfering over from previous employer.

IESA Response

Thank you for taking the time to leave IESA a review. It is superb to hear that you have had a positive experience since joining IESA after your transfer. It can be a nervous time, yet we are happy to see you have been supported through this and thank you for throwing yourself into the IESA world and seeing opportunities to progress. If you have any ideas for more improvement from your experience, then please contact your team representative and they will be happy to help.

7. 5.0

IESA appreciates you

Jun 4, 2019 - Trainer in Warrington, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

After taking part in a project, I received a beautiful box of flowers thanking me for my contribution.

Cons

No Cons as IESA looks for ways to improve constantly.

IESA Response

Thank you for a project well done! :-)

8. 1.0
      Former Employee, less than 1 year

Read the reviews!

Jun 30, 2019 - Buyer in Warrington, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

Unfortunately there are no pros to write in this review.

Cons

- Constantly questioned on any decisions you make, very little autonomy as there is a forensic investigation from managers the moment you do make a decision. - Very layered structure , middle managers, managers , senior managers, staff members aspiring to be managers . The structure needs flattening to give everybody clarity. - Training - Very basic and very poor , this is due to members of staff being trained by people who have been there for a matter of weeks/months ... these people then move on, then it’s left to the new member of staff to train new members off staff and therefore training is getting more and more diluted. - Poor management in every aspect. managers with little experience who struggle to make any decisions who then try to portray that they are fantastic managers. - Senior management are a real issue here. If change is to come (and iesa desperately needs it! ) then it must come from the top down so that people are engaged. - Systems and technology should and could be utilised much better. Iesa has a SAP system that is not used to its full potential, this would make information much clearer and accessible. Rather than simple tasks taking ages to complete, systems could be used to better manage information. - Although iesa is a business process outsourcing company and therefore the customer is at the heart of what they do, iesa leave themselves with very little leverage. There are times when there is too much focus on the customer and not enough focus on the fact that the iesa team have been given poor/little/inaccurate information from the customer. Management are too quick to launch a forensic style investigation on the decisions that the iesa employee has made rather than trust in the employee and push back some responsibility to the customer. - Employees are undermined and belittled by management. No eating at your desk, no mobile phones, no jacket on the back of your chair. Whilst these are all acceptable policies, the way that they are enforced by management is totally ridiculous. This is some sort of bizarre power trip for some managers who are more invested in the jacket on the back of your chair and not the amount of effort you are putting in. - HR policies seem very weak and very inflexible. - No processes/ procedures in place whatsoever. People have no idea what their roles and responsibilities... no idea where their boundaries start and finish which leads to chaos. Such simple tasks become difficult to complete when people are poorly trained and have little knowledge of the business or how to even do their own jobs. This is such a shame as there are some intelligent people who work at iesa but unfortunately the business does not implement proper processes to follow. - Culture is very poor, the reason for this is all of the above comments in this review. All of this combined inevitably leads to a lack of morale, unmotivated staff and a high staff turnover. Staff turnover seems to be disregarded by management/HR ... most companies would review all aspects of the business when staff turnover Is incredibly high but iesa ignore it. Overall, iesa is a business in dire need for transformational change. The business needs completely restructuring from the top down, processes and procedures need to be put in place along with systems and infrastructure to support. With the support of a flattened management structure and adequately trained professionals who are valued along with support functions such as HR with robust processes and procedures, will surely lead to a better culture, lower staff turnover and growth for iesa as a business.

6 people found this review helpful
    9. 5.0

The IESA culture

Feb 10, 2019 - Trainer in Warrington, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

The IESA culture is great, the management team are completely open to your ideas and are willing to listen and develop people who work hard. IESA are a rapidly growing business which invested in a brand new training department. In addition to this, senior management deliver a big ideas group once a quarter. The curre t topics are a fixed canteen, vending machines, outside eateries and much much more. IESA care about their employees and want them to have a great working environment, after all, we spend lots of time in work!

Cons

Any cons that people have raised throughout the big ideas group have been resolved and the company invite ideas to make IESA the employees business.

Continue reading
      Be the first to find this review helpful

IESA Response

Thank you for your feedback we look forward to your continued support.

10. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 5 years

The tough get growing!

Nov 19, 2018 - Anonymous Employee in Warrington, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

IESA has grown from £80m to over £300m in the last 5 years. It is a successful, fast paced that is constantly evolving with a core of dedicated and hard working people who are responsible for such phenomenal growth.

Cons

Too many people arrive thinking that IESA owes them a living rather than contributing to the success of the business. They then end up on here complaining.

Viewing 1 - 10 of 27 Reviews