INC Research Clinical Data Associate Reviews | Glassdoor.co.uk

INC Research Chief Executive Officer Alistair Macdonald
Alistair Macdonald

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Cons

"A company where a thankyou email is meant to be a form of recognition"

Current Employee - Clinical Data Associate in Battle, England
    Current Employee - Clinical Data Associate in Battle, England

I have been working at INC Research full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

If you're lucky enough you'll get to work with some talented, dedicated first class professionals. If not then put up with a bunch of morons who try to hide their incompetence behind their aggressive tone

Cons

People are overloaded with work, resourcing is a joke, overtime is not paid, infact you get nothing in return
    Performance appraisal is a joke, you have goals like "submit timesheet on time" and "complete your training assignments"

Advice to Management

Recognize talent and don't put people in "senior" positions just because they have been working for the company for ages but done nothing .
    And by the way recognition doesnt equal a thankyou e-mail or an INC pen!!!!!!! Get real....

2. This is the end of reviews that meet your filter criteria (UK - All Cities). Below you will find more reviews from other countries

3. "Clinical Data Associate III"

Former Employee - Clinical Data Associate III in Gurgaon, Haryana (India)
    Former Employee - Clinical Data Associate III in Gurgaon, Haryana (India)

I worked at INC Research full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Salary is good and work hour flexibility is good

Cons

Management is pathetic and there is no work life balance

4. "Clinical Data Associate I"

Current Employee - Clinical Data Associate in Mexico City (Mexico)
    Current Employee - Clinical Data Associate in Mexico City (Mexico)

I have been working at INC Research full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Schedule is flexible, sometimes you can work from home, good competition compensations.

Cons

Salaries a little bit low

5. Is this helpful? The community relies on everyone sharing – Add Anonymous Review

"Update on the Life of a CDA III"

Current Employee - Clinical Data Associate III in Raleigh, NC (US)
    Current Employee - Clinical Data Associate III in Raleigh, NC (US)

I have been working at INC Research full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

The CDA position is a piece of cake - they have all these different tasks assigned to CDA II, III & Sr. CDA but regardless of what level you are you'll end up doing Sr. CDA tasks within weeks of being hired if you're a CDA II - that's how they get around giving out promotions because they can get individuals at a low level to perform the tasks of a higher position making believe that individual will be promoted when it'll never happen. All that said, being a CDA is essentially being a gopher - if you are asked to provide something from your project manager, do it fast as lightning and they will think you are a rocket scientist. This works well when it comes to year end reviews and they are the ones providing feedback, however the current management staff seems to have ulterior motives and discriminate against certain employees.

Cons

The first few years I worked at INC were amazing. Management recognized that I was a valuable asset to the company and let me kind of march to the beat of my own drum - back then I was motivated and had a desire to make a difference and do well with my projects.

I'd even check my work email in the middle of the night and respond if I happened to wake up and saw a pressing issue that needed to be addressed...Just so they'd have an answer at the crack of dawn when they checked their email and saw my reply. A year and a half ago after our company acquired another company, it was decided that our UK CDA's were more productive than the US CDA's, without providing any proof or metrics whatsoever to explain that rationale. It was just fact because upper management said so.

They then started enforcing all of these strict rules regarding time in office which resulted in a horrible morale among employees and caused a high turnover rate. Prior to this, no one ever questioned my laid back demeanor. All of a sudden they were monitoring everyone's "in office time" and were disciplining individuals for being at their desk at 9:35 instead of 9:30.

They act as if this strictness has lessened these past few months but it's still there - they just aren't vocal about it.

A month ago, they fired every single CDA I in the company and most if not all of the CDA's in the UK. I was greatly affected by this because I was then forced to be the lead for several studies without being given any heads up or training or warning I was just thrown to the wolves and have felt like I have been drowning ever since and get no support from management.

We still have employees coming to work with the Flu because they're scared management will notice they are out sick for multiple days. People are scared to have doctors appointment or any appointment/reason they have to be late for work because the management team is still overly concerned with physical presence in office and not quality of work. I literally loathe every single day that I have to drive into that office - it's just the most depressing environment to have to spend 8 hours in daily.

Advice to Management

Quit treating people the way you do currently. I have PTO accrued and am terrified to use it because you chastise people for doing so and have even told me that my PTO use is preventing me from getting promoted - which probably wouldn't make a difference in my life anyways because you don't pay people anywhere near what other companies pay. I'm personally on an active search for a new job elsewhere and can't wait to be treated the way I should be and compensated for my efforts at an appropriate level.

"Clinical Data Analyst II"

Former Employee - Clinical Data Associate in New Hope, PA (US)
    Former Employee - Clinical Data Associate in New Hope, PA (US)

I worked at INC Research full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Excellentent mentorship. I came with no data management experience and learned all I know from my mentors.

Cons

As INC grew due to the acquisitions of other CROs, they cut jobs across the board without any notice at all, One day someone was here...one day they were gone. This was sad as my position was secure but I chose to leave because I did not feel the friendly vibes any more which was very disheartening to me an my fellow co-workers

Advice to Management

Try to be more proactive in supporting your staff

"Poor communication and poor decision making."

Former Employee - Clinical Data Associate in Cincinnati, OH (US)
    Former Employee - Clinical Data Associate in Cincinnati, OH (US)

Pros

Had great vacation and insurance packages.

Cons

The work environment is stressful. There is very very little or no communication from upper management. The way that the company makes their decisions is leading to overworked and under-paid/under-appreciated employees. Many employees are leaving for much better opportunities at other companies.