INC Research Clinical Team Leader Reviews | Glassdoor.co.uk

INC Research Chief Executive Officer Alistair Macdonald
Alistair Macdonald

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Cons

"They have their act together"

Former Employee - Clinical Team Leader

I worked at INC Research full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Processes and systems are better than anywhere else I have worked. They give new clinical employees time to orient to the company before putting them in the field. Work load is reasonable unlike other CROs.

Cons

They do not have dedicated line managers for CRAs. The CRA line managers are the study Clinical Leads so their priority has to be the study (and timelines/milestones), not the CRA. Project Managers often treat Clinical Leads like their assistants and do not allow them to lead the clinical team.

Advice to Management

Consider dedicated CRA Line Managers to manage and develop the CRA group. Project leads need to be more respectful of the Clinical Leads experience and role. Allow them to lead the clinical team. Overall though, great company and a good place to work!

"Unqualified Project Managers"

Former Employee - Clinical Team Leader in Houston, TX (US)
    Former Employee - Clinical Team Leader in Houston, TX (US)

I worked at INC Research full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

You can get on a good team and be content for a bit.

Cons

I have never worked with less qualified project managers in my life. Many do not have a college degree! Project Managers that don't understand ICH/GCP are a liability. Don't take every Project Specialist and make them a PM. Some of the people higher up in the organization are insecure about their knowledge so they get irrationally defensive. Every single team I was on for the six years I was there was catty at some point. My character was indicted and I was left defenseless.

Advice to Management

Don't assume people that have been with the company a long time are good at their jobs. If they are costing the company money because they are not tracking monitoring spending, don't keep them on.

Allow employees to move into CST. Not listing these jobs as such in a public database is illegal. You must have friends on the inside to move onto that team. Sick

Consider raises that are commiserate with the increase in cost of living so employees aren't effectively taking a pay cut every year.

Do not allow managers to wait until performance reviews to point out an issue to an employee. Allow them the chance to fix anything they may be doing wrong.

3. "Ok company"

Current Employee - Clinical Team Leader in Las Vegas, NV (US)
    Current Employee - Clinical Team Leader in Las Vegas, NV (US)

I have been working at INC Research (More than 8 years)

Pros

Big company with good equipment

Cons

Need to be better at making sure they have staff needed to do the work they have

"Overall good company, however luck of training for junior employees and hiring inexperienced managers can cause problems"

Former Employee - Clinical Team Leader in Sydney (Australia)
    Former Employee - Clinical Team Leader in Sydney (Australia)

I worked at INC Research full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Growing company and expanding regional presence which means no shortage of projects. Flexible working arrangements

Cons

Too many self paced training for inexperienced and junior employees, adding to this hiring inexperienced managers which is common especially in regional offices. As result high turn over at associate level

Advice to Management

Standardize hiring or promoting process based on metrics and performance, instead trying to resolve short term solutions for resource shortage. Invest more to employees training and development.

6. "Satisfying, but left before the merger was complete"

Former Employee - Clinical Team Leader

Pros

As a former Kendle International employee, I only had 3 months of experience with INC Research before leaving.
    Overall, I would say that my work has been fairly recognize over the years, and I got promotions thanks to positive feedback from management and study teams.
    The North America Clinical Operation team is full of great people (CRAs, CTLs ,PLs) who know their job and do good team work.

Cons

I wouldn't say it's a perfect company,. the promotion and recognition system is very employee-specific and some colleagues were not that fairly treated.

Advice to Management

Stay employee focused, make sure to evaluate all employees and value your assets.

"No Structure, No Leadership"

Current Employee - Clinical Team Leader in Cincinnati, OH (US)
    Current Employee - Clinical Team Leader in Cincinnati, OH (US)

Pros

It's a paycheck as long as you show up

Cons

Too many Directors doing absolutely nothing

Advice to Management

Need competitive salaries, fewer Directors, solid structure