INC Research Reviews | Glassdoor.co.uk

Updated 11 July 2018

UK - All CitiesFull-timePart-time

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Cons

"Steer clear - horrible employer, will have a detrimental effect on your career"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Lewes, England
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Lewes, England

I have been working at INC Research full-time

Pros

Pension contribution is reasonably generous. That's about it.

Cons

Where do I begin?
    Wages are way below industry average, and so are the benefits. They will offer you a lowish starting salary promising rapid promotion and increases which in fact will only be given to members of an elite clique (especially if they threaten to leave). Others will sweat blood and not get so much as a "thank you".
    Local management is practically non-existent;- now that the office has relocated from Battle to Lewes literally all managers are gone! As are 60% of the workforce. New ones are not recruited, no wonder, who would want to work for peanuts?
    No recognition for your hard work. People whose "faces fit" will get promoted only.
    Before you consider joining, take a look around on PharmiWeb and see how many openings INC have at any one time. (Currently >30) This is not a sign of an expanding company, this is a sign of a company which people flee from at the first chance (office relocation leading to voluntary redundancy...). No new recruits, so the remaining people are getting even more increase in their workload (some of us are 300% over resourced!)
    When you apply for a job elsewhere your prospective employer will assume that because your salary is so low that you cannot be very good at your job, so will either make you a poor offer, or even none at all.
    Steer clear of this company. If only there had been someone to warn me before I joined.

Advice to Management

Read your own material regarding commitment to recognition of hard work, to equal treatment, to caring about the employees and the rest.
    T. Fitzgerald said recently that INC wanted to be the industry leader in recognition. They have rather a long way to go.

"Terrible!"

Former Employee - Site Activation Specialist in Camberley, England
    Former Employee - Site Activation Specialist in Camberley, England

I worked at INC Research full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Some friendly people, good for people with no experience

Cons

Company is very sly, wages are rubbish, people are very backstabbing, no training, extreamly overworked!

Advice to Management

To care about the people that do the jobs!

"A company where a thankyou email is meant to be a form of recognition"

Current Employee - Clinical Data Associate in Battle, England
    Current Employee - Clinical Data Associate in Battle, England

I have been working at INC Research full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

If you're lucky enough you'll get to work with some talented, dedicated first class professionals. If not then put up with a bunch of morons who try to hide their incompetence behind their aggressive tone

Cons

People are overloaded with work, resourcing is a joke, overtime is not paid, infact you get nothing in return
    Performance appraisal is a joke, you have goals like "submit timesheet on time" and "complete your training assignments"

Advice to Management

Recognize talent and don't put people in "senior" positions just because they have been working for the company for ages but done nothing .
    And by the way recognition doesnt equal a thankyou e-mail or an INC pen!!!!!!! Get real....

"The comapny has shown me an enormous amount of respect from supporting my relocation through to my career development."

Current Employee - Recruitment Manager in Camberley, England
    Current Employee - Recruitment Manager in Camberley, England

Pros

INC Research has supported my career development.
    I work hard and subsequently have always been recognised for it; I have been promoted into a position of management and been given the autonomy to make the decisions that I feel are right for my team.
    I am not just another number; my opinion matters!

Cons

This is a company where you are recognised for your merit; people who just want to coast or do not perform are quickly found out.

Advice to Management

Trust in your employees; they will deliver!!

"Kendle thought it was a merger it was a merciless takeover"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Edinburgh, Scotland
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Edinburgh, Scotland

Pros

Kept Kendle employees in a job in the very short term. Good Business development

Cons

Where to start, brutal removal of very experienced kendle management right across the board to be replaced by management with half the experience. INC very distrustful of Kendle staff bordering on arrogance. Dishonest management ticking boxes and insincere. Data management very insular and pigeon- holed......very early nineties view on centralised resources in the back of beyond. Avoid..small man syndrome

Advice to Management

You do not superimpose the same management structure on to operations that has doubled. Also Battle East Sussex is not just outside London it is hours away. I fear your Kendle takeover has left ex kendle folks very unhappy and this will ensure that long term difficulty.

6. This is the end of reviews that meet your filter criteria (UK - All Cities). Below you will find more reviews from other countries

7. "Sales"

Former Employee - Sales Manager in Brisbane (Australia)
    Former Employee - Sales Manager in Brisbane (Australia)

I worked at INC Research (More than 8 years)

Pros

Collaboration
    Teamwork
    Culture
    Facilities
    Technology

Cons

Workload
    Career
    Time
    Distance
    Salary
    Balance

Advice to Management

None

8. "Great place to work"

Former Employee - Safety Data Coordinator in Cincinnati, OH (US)
    Former Employee - Safety Data Coordinator in Cincinnati, OH (US)

I worked at INC Research full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Great benefits, rather flexible hours, effective management

Cons

Not the highest pay scale

Advice to Management

Great work though slightly higher pay across the board would be good

9. "Director, Business Development"

Former Employee - Director Business Development & Strategy in Los Angeles, CA (US)

I worked at INC Research full-time

Pros

Great talent, high expectations but if you work hard you'll be rewarded.

Cons

A project Team screwed up on a study I sold and we lost the customer.

Advice to Management

Don't blame when there is a problem, if you aren't part of the solution, you're part of the problem!

10. "Safety specialist"

Current Employee - Safety Specialist in Gurgaon, Haryana (India)
    Current Employee - Safety Specialist in Gurgaon, Haryana (India)

I have been working at INC Research full-time (More than a year)

Pros

CRO brand name, leaves and company policies

Cons

Hr policies are a joke, if u complain the hr the hr instead of solving the issue, tells your name to the complained!, its not a corporate organisation its lala land!!!!

Advice to Management

Because there is no interference from any senior management from abroad, this is like a government office full of politics, people who agree to the politics tend to outshine,i request the higher management in USA to visit the company often and keep a check on the way management is operating, stop micromanagement

11. "Syneos Health"

Current Employee - Project Manager in Houston, TX (US)
    Current Employee - Project Manager in Houston, TX (US)

I have been working at INC Research full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

I have had incredible managers who have mentored and supported me.

Cons

The company is very large, which makes it difficult to personally know others in your department. But, the company is divided by therapeutic area, which makes it seem that we are working for a smaller company.