INC Research Safety Specialist Reviews | Glassdoor.co.uk

INC Research Chief Executive Officer Alistair Macdonald
Alistair Macdonald

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Cons

1. "Senior Safety Specialist"

Current Employee - Safety Specialist

I have been working at INC Research full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Decent PTO, 401k match is nice. Remote/Work from home option for some areas.

Cons

Work/Life balance doesn't exist, extremely high expectations as you gain more experience, high work loads, some areas have great schedules and autonomy while other departments have very demanding workloads, new benefits increase for 2018 makes the employee contribution 3 times the amount it used to be, very little opportunity for advancement once you reach a certain level. So much micromanagement and very top heavy organization.

Advice to Management

Allow people to do their jobs and provide them with the tools needed to do so. Train your staff to be self sufficient and then let them do their job. Don't reward bad behavior in some staff and then allow your hard working staff to be abused.

"Wish I had not left"

Former Employee - Senior Safety Specialist
    Former Employee - Senior Safety Specialist

I worked at INC Research full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Great place to work.

Cons

None that I can think of

"drug safety associate/ Meddra coding"

Former Employee - Senior Safety Specialist in Raleigh, NC (US)
    Former Employee - Senior Safety Specialist in Raleigh, NC (US)

I worked at INC Research (Less than a year)

Pros

Good benefits and paid winter break.

Cons

Lots of work and no appreciation.

Advice to Management

Ignorant about the lower management.

"Safety Specialist"

I have been working at INC Research full-time

Pros

Friendly atmosphere. Nice managers.

Cons

Most of employees don't have any educational background (medical stuff). Graduates from chemistry etc. make this firm very unprofessional. M.Sc. is not a medical background. No career opportunities. Jelaous senior memebers of the departments.

Advice to Management

Hire more HCPs.

"need to improve a lot.."

Former Employee - Safety Specialist in Gurgaon, Haryana (India)
    Former Employee - Safety Specialist in Gurgaon, Haryana (India)

Pros

CRO brand name, Flexibility in hours and being able to work from home (conditions apply)made it easy schedule around bad commutes and personal business..The quality of work is not noted. It's all about quantity and metrics.

Cons

management not transparent and work for employee betterment. Employees should be motivated.
    be more flexible, listen to their employees and offer solutions when they have too much to handle and offer more opportunities for promotion.
    no benefit apart from salary..
    lot of internal politics, work not appreciated..high iteration rate, most of employee dont stay there for more than one year..and they say best CRO

Advice to Management

india Management Pathetic, No Vision at all..Please change the India mangers lot of politics with personal grudges...but not with overseas managers

7. "Poor mgt. / antiquated equipment/ nepotism"

Former Contractor - Safety Specialist
    Former Contractor - Safety Specialist

I worked at INC Research as a contractor (More than a year)

Pros

Outstanding introduction to Safety and Pharmacovigilance. Terrible introduction to CRO culture.

Cons

No chance for advancement unless you are liked (subjectively) or are a friend, or related to a manager. Equipment in the Cincinnati office was woefully outdated and inadequate. Too many managers. I received instructions and demands from no less than five different people (not counting sponsor). Often one manager directive would contradict that of another manager's directives. As a result, there was much confusion in our group and the quality of work suffered as a result. Many promises that were never kept. Threats from managers were constant and often. I liked the work but disliked the environment.

Advice to Management

No need for five mangers on the same project. Many threats, no real support. I recommend frequent courses in team building and management skills.