INC Research Senior CRA Reviews | Glassdoor.co.uk

1.0
INC Research Chief Executive Officer Alistair Macdonald
Alistair Macdonald

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • Opportunities to work from home for clinical staff and project managers (in 33 reviews)

• The work life balance and flexibility is good (in 25 reviews)

Cons

"Full of unskilled people. You feel overworked and helpless. Dirty politics, blame games and sly culture"

Former Employee - Senior CRA in London, England
    Former Employee - Senior CRA in London, England

I worked at INC Research full-time (More than a year)

Pros

-Good Salary
    -Fast recruitment process
    -False image of being top 5 big CROs in world.

Cons

-POOR training

-POOR knowledge and understanding of Leads/PMs. Who are based in different country than you and have major lack of understanding.

-Major lack of communication in team. People who have information hide it and don't bother helping.

-If you are CRA,then they will make you work like dog. They have so called big teams of feasibility specialist, contract specialist, site start up experts, project specialist who just dump their work on you and leave a cunning smiley :-) at the end of their emails.

-Apparently everyone feels that they are overworked and have no hours to spend on any project. (Then what are you doing exactly if you are telling everyone the same story.)

-Not good for people who work hard, know their job and take ownership of their work because overall culture is sly and lazy.
    - They say that their tagline is "I own it" but trust me the reality is exactly opposite. Everyone is looking for some excuse to avoid work.

Advice to Management

The speeches from the CEO Jamie Mcdonald are very inspiring but the staff is so uninterested,lazy and sly. Is this result of mergers that they have no sense of belonging. Is it growing too fast and turning into a giant mess where no one knows what they are suppose to be doing.

2. This is the end of reviews that meet your filter criteria (UK - All Cities). Below you will find more reviews from other countries

"Senior CRA"

Former Employee - Senior CRA in Raleigh, NC (US)
    Former Employee - Senior CRA in Raleigh, NC (US)

I worked at INC Research full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Had good employee benefits package, fair employee compensation rates and reasonably good work environment.

Cons

Lack of adequate supervision of managerial positions holders and inadequate attention to issues/complaints from direct reports.

Advice to Management

Should have a better oversight/supervision of supervisors/managers and review/investigate issues/complaints raised by employees concerning their work with open mind.

4. "Sr CRA"

Current Employee - Senior CRA in Sydney (Australia)
    Current Employee - Senior CRA in Sydney (Australia)

I have been working at INC Research full-time (More than a year)

Pros

friendly, very positive, very professional

Cons

line management, salary, benefits package

5. Is this helpful? The community relies on everyone sharing – Add Anonymous Review

6. "senior CRA"

Current Employee - Senior CRA in Tokyo (Japan)
    Current Employee - Senior CRA in Tokyo (Japan)

I have been working at INC Research full-time (More than a year)

Pros

senior CRA can be Lead CRA

Cons

less oppotunitieis to promote to CTL

Advice to Management

training is not sufficient

"Sr. CRA (as all contractors are)"

Current Contractor - Senior CRA
    Current Contractor - Senior CRA

I have been working at INC Research as a contractor (Less than a year)

Pros

Initially had a six month contract that was extended another 6 months...

I thought my team was well organized at first, but as the study ended I noticed that the stress of database lock and TMF submission really upset a project lead, to the point where she yelled at me, via all caps in an email, about forgetting something in a report that I had actually completed and reported at a previous monitoring visit. She copied everyone on that email, though, and I really feel she damaged my credibility even when such was totally undeserved.

Cons

...and then one month prior to contract ending, was told while at a comonitoring visit that I would not be needed past the end of the week. I was told that if I didn't have all my expense reports done in the one day I had back home that I would not be reimbursed for those three monitoring trips. This is totally against INC's own policies and shows that the company lacks reason and integrity. That's about $3000 that INC just wants a contractor to pay to work for them.

Advice to Management

Get the whole story and not just what a stressed and seemingly manic project lead angrily emails

8. "Great Company Amazing CEO"

Current Employee - Senior CRA
    Current Employee - Senior CRA

Pros

Incredible working environment. Great teams, very organized. Delivery is very professional.

Cons

Too may trainings but for a good cause.

"CRA"

Current Employee - Senior CRA in Austin, TX (US)

I have been working at INC Research full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

The company really does value employee input and this creates a great work culture. There are always potential for promotions and new opportunities.

Cons

Too many emails from upper management and required training can sometimes get burdensome in combination with day to day duties.

"Great Place for Capable Individuals"

Current Employee - Senior CRA in Austin, TX (US)

I have been working at INC Research full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

I've had a very strong career progression with INCR and have never been denied an opportunity that I desired. I would strongly recommend it for capable and ambitious individuals.
    In my experience, INC gives a great deal of personal freedom to its employees, but offers very little hand-holding and expects an increased amount of personal responsibility. Definitely not the place where people looking to be a cog in a machine thrive.
    Specific Items:
    - Competitive compensation
    - Very large capacity for personal freedom
    - CRAs get to make and manage their own schedules (within the bounds of the monitoring plan)
    - VERY loose travel policy with numerous perks
    - Bonuses available for over-achieving on days on-site
    - Lower than average expectation for monthly days on-site (~7-8 per month)
    - Promotions and upward mobility are easy to achieve
    - Less metrics-driven than most CROs
    - The usual 401K and very solid benefits packages

Cons

The only complaints I have are with some of the systems used:
    - CTMS system is cumbersome
    - Relatively slow reimbursement time (~2-3 weeks)
    - Corporate card expenses can be frustrating
    - CRAs are not maintained regionally (differs between studies)

"INC only cares about profit"

Former Employee - Senior CRA in Pacific, WA (US)
    Former Employee - Senior CRA in Pacific, WA (US)

I worked at INC Research full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Time off is impressive and the pay is better than other companies.

Cons

Micromanagement, no work life balance, treated like an employee from a third world country working in a sweat shop. If you work at INC for greater than a year you will be on antidepressants, high blood pressure medication, anxiety medications, migraine medication and the list goes on and on. I wish I would have been warned.

Advice to Management

You need to put the right people in the Protocol Lead position and not allow the Protocol Leads micro manage the CRAs

"INC Research ltd"

Current Employee - Senior CRA; LCRA
    Current Employee - Senior CRA; LCRA

I have been working at INC Research full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Security of the big firm, I suppose competitive salary for new hires.

Cons

Working conditions in local office are very deteriorated since open space was introduced: open space office with total of 2 windows and one multifunctional machine for 50 people!!! Very noisy, the CRAs position is under appreciated, compared to pharmaceutical companies with a research unit. The 'old' employees are not valued.

Advice to Management

Consider expressing appreciation to the employees, that have spent years in the company and have proven their professionalism, by ensuring that their salary is maintained higher, that the salary offered to new hires with less or even the same experience.