FilterUK - All CitiesSenior Clinical Research Associate
I worked at INC Research as a contractor (More than a year)
Great company to work for.
Need more organized systems implemented
I have been working at INC Research full-time (More than a year)
Really great training and career development opportunities.
Open door policy on any given issue.
Transparency with quarterly goals, revenue, and company future/ outlook.
Internal Quality Issue tracking database for all study-related issues and audits.
Indication/ Therapeutic area-focused business units for clinical staff all the way up to ClinOps directors. Everyone is approachable.
Diligent focus on task assignment and accountability; encourages "can do it" mentality and provides tools necessary.
No annual bonus for Clinical staff not completing monitoring visits. There are various incentives for conducting observation visits and the days spent at an IM or face to face visit with a Sponsor, but it really doesn't compare to an annual bonus. Agree CRAs should take priority in compensation/ bonus structure, but to only hand out merit increases each year to everyone else is a bit of a bummer.
I worked at INC Research (More than a year)
Starting salary was good. The company offers the standard benefits. There are no other pros that I can think of.
The company does not offer a pleasant work environment and much of the time the demands are unreal. There is no fairness in management and you can only move up if you are on the favor side of a particular manager. In general a lot of favoritism.
Advice to Management
There are two major things that I expect from managers: fairness and clear communication skills. I was not able to find these while working at the company.
Is this helpful? The community relies on everyone sharing – Add Anonymous Review
Paid holiday shut down between Christmas and New Year
None so far to date.
I have been working at INC Research (Less than a year)
I work with a great team, and my CTL (also my LM and trip report reviewer) is wonderful. Overall, I am very happy with INC Research.
Some things to keep in mind:
1. CRA metrics: 8 days on site per month (not the number of visits like Parexel counts). If you have 4 2-day visits, then you have met your 8 days on site per month metrics.
2. INC is closed 12/25 - 1/1 in addition to Memorial Day, Independence Day, Labor Day, Thanksgiving, and Black Friday. One floating holiday is also given. PTO starts at 15 days per year. You receive a 2 week sabbatical (paid) for every 2 years you've been a CRA. Therefore, on the third year, you will essentially have 5 weeks of PTO.
3. Salary increase from CRA III to Sr. CRA tends to be generous.
4. INC stresses on quality and rewards CRAs for passing the CCRA exam ($1000 bonus).
Other things to keep in mind:
1. Clinical Team Leads essentially have 3 job role responsibilities- Clinical Team Lead, Trip Report Reviewer, and Line Manager. I'm not sure how CTLs are expected to only work 40 hours in a week to get everything done. How can a CTL manage a project, review visit reports, and make sure the well-being of CRAs are not being overlooked/neglected?
2. Maternity leave is only up to 12 weeks. Quintiles and ICON offer up to 6 months.
3. Corporate Credit Card - Employees have to pay $80 annual fee if we want to keep the points earned on the card, and it can only be used on business expenses (even though employees are making monthly payments directly). It was better when we could just use our own credit cards and would get reimbursed.
4. Quarterly bonus strictly metrics driven- if your sites are all over the place or just really far away, you will waste time traveling instead of being able to be on site. It's impossible to qualify for the quarterly bonuses even though you only need to get 26 days on site per quarter to qualify for the lowest bonus. You can earn up to 10% of your salary if you're a road warrior.
5. You have to work at least 5 hours a day. Otherwise, you will have to use your PTO. Therefore, if you have already put in 40 hours Monday through Thursday, you will still need to work at least 5 hours on Friday.
6. You have to work for INC for 2 years to keep 100% of the sign-on bonus (you keep 50% if you leave after a year).
Advice to Management
Since INC Research is already so wonderful, there are only a few things I can think of that would make it even more wonderful:
-Consider annual bonus based on annual performance instead of quarterly bonus that's strictly dependent on days on site completed.
-Consider increasing the duration for short term disability
-Merit increases should take in more consideration of the cost of living changes and inflation
I have been working at INC Research full-time (Less than a year)
Benefits are very good and salary competitive with other CRO's. They give incentive bonuses for doing extra days on site
Disorganization especially within resourcing. Managers are spread too thin being expected to multitask between being leads on projects, CRA managers and trip report reviewer
Advice to Management
Reorganize your resourcing model
This will replace the current featured review for targeted profile. Are you sure you want to replace it?
Are you sure you want to remove this review from being featured for targeted profile?