IQPC Reviews | Glassdoor.co.uk

Full-timePart-time

3.5
Rick Worden

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • "Work life balance is great 830-5" (in 11 reviews)

• "You can learn a lot about sales in a short time at IQPC from the managers as well as your co-workers" (in 10 reviews)

Cons
  • "It’s such a high turnover rate that it completely brings down the culture" (in 25 reviews)

• "Fast paced - not necessarily a bad thing but if you cannot handle a fast pace environment or are not self motivated this may not be the best fit" (in 17 reviews)

1. "Great progression opportunities and a wealth of knowledge learnt."

Current Employee - Video Content Manager in London, England
    Current Employee - Video Content Manager in London, England

I have been working at IQPC full-time (More than a year)

Pros

IQPC Digital is a great place to work with a family start-up approach when it comes to team work and collaborating to maximise performance. In my 1 year and 3 months here I have learnt more corporate skills than I could have ever imagined I would.

This area of the business in particular allows you to try new things, grow in your role and take on new challenges that will undoubtedly benefit your future.

If you're looking for somewhere that will give you the responsibility to manage your own future then this is the company to do that. Personally I came in to the business with a creative video and social media background and I am now leaving with a very good understanding of strategic and content marketing that I hadn't had the opportunity to lean practically anywhere else.

I firmly believe that I wouldn't be able to take this next step in my career if it wasn't for the things I have been lucky to learn from everyone on my team at IQPC. The only reason I have decided to leave IQPC is because I have been offered my dream job elsewhere, if it wasn't for that i'd still happily continue my journey with the business.

The experience and chances for promotion and growth here are endless if you are willing to work hard and absorb the wealth of knowledge from this dedicated team. The training happens regularly and has been invaluable in enabling me to succeed not only in my role but also whilst covering other peoples during times of absence, making me a stronger team member.

I genuinely wish everyone at IQPC all the best in the future and I know that they will go on to achieve amazing things.

Cons

You definitely need to be flexible and dedicated to succeeding at this company.. if you don't give it your all it's easy to become overwhelmed and there will always be someone else who is willing to work harder than you. The fast progression means that you could miss out on opportunities by coasting along.

If you don't get involved in the social aspects here it could be easy to feel disconnected from the team. You definitely need to be ready to jump in with both feet and embrace the fact that you will spend a lot of time with these people and getting an understanding of peoples strengths and weaknesses is crucial for succeeding.

"Boring"

I have been working at IQPC full-time

Pros

Nice people
    Good location
    Friday drinks
    Casual Fridays

Cons

Slow computers
    Boring
    Too many meetings
    Low salary

"Marketing Manager"

I worked at IQPC full-time

Pros

Exposure to all marketing channels

Cons

How to be a Marketing Manager at IQPC

I know how frustrating it is when you work with the wrong people or for the wrong company. That’s why I want to spare you the pain.

The IQPC universe is all about WORK WORK WORK!! There is so much to do. The pay is twaddle and the managers are like ravenous sharks circling you looking for blubber. This can get exhausting very quickly for one person and don’t ever expect help! IQPC’s runs like an Indonesian sweatshop, but with contracts.

There is a never-ending TO DO list and managers always try to make you feel that you are not doing as much as your counterparts in the other divisions.

Here’s 3 reasons why you should run and not say ‘yes’ to a job offer from IQPC:

• Unlimited nonsense: Annual performance reviews happen at the pub by managers who enjoy their beers while deciding upon your professional future
    • That sweet sweet team: Team members call you names, undermine and bully you constantly! The best comparison here is with that of a rapist to whom you say NO but he takes it as a YES
    • The not so wonderful clients: This is a company who shuts down internal divisions, fires people, redistributes the workload to the remaining members and lies to clients about the status of the business

Make your life easier. Even though you have to do 3 more interviews to find a job, it is better than saying Yes to IQPC.

IQPC Response

8 Oct 2018 – Managing Director

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience, I am disheartened to read that you had such a difficult time at IQPC.

I was recently appointed as MD of the business unit you worked in and... More

"fast moving environment"

I worked at IQPC full-time

Pros

generous profit share and ability to progress quickly

Cons

churn and burn environment, can be sold as a 'research' position when it is in fact more sales-based

5. "Good company"

I have been working at IQPC full-time

Pros

Work ethics. fast learning and development

Cons

Need more options on training

IQPC Response

5 Sep 2018

Thanks so much for your review. I totally agree that training is an essential component and an area that globally we have been focusing on, with the addition of management training by function and... More

6. "A great 2.5 years"

Former Employee - Marketing in London, England

I worked at IQPC full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I loved my time with IQPC LSE. I felt hugely empowered and trusted to make important decisions for the business. The environment is faced paced and you genuinely get to contribute every day. I'm very grateful for the opportunities I received and have subsequently moved to one of the companies global offices.

Cons

Physically the space could do with some updating and perhaps investments into hardware.

Advice to Management

Continue to invest in people and true LSEs. There is huge potential for growth over the next couple of years. I'm just sad I'm not part of it!

"Marketer"

Former Employee - Marketing in London, England

I worked at IQPC full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Good work ethic and marketing team culture.

Cons

They offer the bare minimum - salary, holiday and benefits, until you hand your notice in (at which point they will offer the world - when you're already out the door).

Advice to Management

Value your employees.

8. "Awesome place to learn FAST"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in London, England
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in London, England

I have been working at IQPC full-time

Pros

Great people, Great culture, Great rewards, Fast paced, Given ownership

Cons

Need stand up desks, and wireless headsets

Advice to Management

Invest in the desks/ wireless headsets

9. "A Great Place for Good People"

Current Employee - Sales Representative - DA in London, England
    Current Employee - Sales Representative - DA in London, England

I have been working at IQPC full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Good people, Competitive Environment, Supportive, Fast progression!

Cons

Meeting Rooms need more air circulation.

Advice to Management

More inclusive of Reps in Decision making,

10. "LSE Outbound Sales"

Current Employee - Delegate Sales Representative in London, England
    Current Employee - Delegate Sales Representative in London, England

I have been working at IQPC (Less than a year)

Pros

Good training - Become proficient in sales quickly and successfully
    Exciting pace to sales floor
    Great team members
    Ability to earn well and converse with individuals who are very senior in their respective businesses
    Good career opportunities

Cons

US events mean your day will sometimes finish late
    It is a sales job so the day-to-day work is repetitive

Advice to Management

Change the CRM System, it is particularly slow
    Team incentives work well