IQPC Reviews | Glassdoor.co.uk

Full-timePart-time

3.2
Rick Worden

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • You learn a lot about sales very quickly (in 9 reviews)

• Fantastic work culture and great people to work with (in 15 reviews)

Cons
  • s such a high turnover rate that it completely brings down the culture (in 25 reviews)

• Fast paced - not necessarily a bad thing but if you cannot handle a fast pace environment or are not self motivated this may not be the best fit (in 16 reviews)

1. "Great place to build a career"

Current Employee - Delegate Sales Executive in London, England
    Current Employee - Delegate Sales Executive in London, England

I have been working at IQPC full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I have been at IQPC for over 6 months now and it’s been a great time to join the company as the results are going up and up across all parts of the business, and you get the opportunity to work on some of the biggest events straight away.
    Successes are celebrated not only in the team but also across the rest of the business. Positive culture where yes it’s a sales environment but your working as a team and supporting each other with proper training!
    The other real positive for me is that you can see the progression opportunities just by talking to the people around you who have developed in the business.

Cons

It would be good to see more of the international events but the opportunity is there for the more experienced people - great incentive at least.

Advice to Management

Keep the openness! It’s great that you are open and communicate about what’s happening in the company and what’s coming up next.

2. "Great place to work"

I worked at IQPC full-time

Pros

Management teamwork Benifits culture

Cons

None but may need more support from management

"sponsorship sales manager"

Former Employee - Sponsorship Sales Manager in London, England

I worked at IQPC full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Good training, good basic if you are just starting out but if you are seasoned soon sales there is better out there

Cons

Pot luck which conferences you get to sell on and usually not very good ones for new starters. Managers have an out dated intimidating approach.

Advice to Management

Positive motivation goes a long way

"Possibly the worst place to work in the world"

Former Employee - Sales in London, England
    Former Employee - Sales in London, England

I worked at IQPC full-time

Pros

I made some excellent friends there.

Cons

This place is run by bullies and psychopaths. My advice would be to not work here, you'd be better off in the stock room at Asda for your career development because it won't be worse than IQPC. The atmosphere is mean, catty, disrespectful, and like a boiler room. The management get drunk and talk badly about their own team members to other employees. The men make derogatory and disgusting comments about the female staff. Hr do nothing to help. It's fairly common knowledge that most current employees hate it there and are looking to leave. It is a toxic environment. This is by far the worst place to work, and the funniest part is that they're now trying to bribe employees to leave positive glass door reviews!! It doesn't make sense. Leaving was the best decision I could have possibly made for my career.

Advice to Management

Stop bribing your employees to leave positive reviews and actually read these comments and CHANGE!!

"Sponsorship sales manager"

Former Employee - Sponsorship Sales Manager in London, England

I worked at IQPC full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Great training. Probably the best training and structure to a “sales call” there is to offer. People are great to work with as well.

Never really had that micromanagement you get at some places. Apart from power hour.

Cons

High-turn over of staff. When I started we had 25 or more spex guys on the floor. When I left there were just 14. Roles couldn’t be filled since there are no incentives in place and bad reputation (which some is true).
    MD is completely disconnected from the sales floor as well as some divisional directors.

Some Products are mediocre at best and it’s bad luck on you if you get lumbered with a bad project. WHICH IS THE BIGGEST ISSUE.

I’ve seen 30+ people sacked because essentially they’re starting at the bottom of the ladder with New or crap events that senior people don’t want. Many of the new starters are set up for failure as soon as they turn up.

Advice to Management

Management will not listen to advice. An ex colleague who was there many years even sent an email to senior management stating this is how the sales floor feel and they disregarded it. Shame, it used to be great!

"I'm surprised a company that is run ad badly as this is still going."

Former Employee - Sponsorship Manager in London, England
    Former Employee - Sponsorship Manager in London, England

I worked at IQPC full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

There are none - its a revolving door.

Cons

Unless your best friends with management you're going to be fired in a matter of weeks.

Advice to Management

The whole company needs a change of management.

"Delegate acquisition executive"

Former Employee - Delegate Sales Executive in London, England
    Former Employee - Delegate Sales Executive in London, England

I worked at IQPC full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Baptism of fire into the sales world, if you can get by here you’ll be in good stead for most sales roles.

Cons

Almost every thing, culture, pay, unrealistic targets, bad management, you’re treated with no respect. The events are poor and provide little to no benefit to the end user, selling this is a difficult task! Do your self a favour and don’t work here.

Advice to Management

Actually listen to your employees

8. "Nice company"

Former Employee - Delegate Acquisition Manager in London, England
    Former Employee - Delegate Acquisition Manager in London, England

I worked at IQPC (More than a year)

Pros

Nice staff good training interesting topics of events

Cons

sometimes you can feel a bit on your own with projects

"Deputy Head of Operations"

Current Employee - Deputy Head of Operations in London, England
    Current Employee - Deputy Head of Operations in London, England

I have been working at IQPC full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

I started at IQPC in April 2014 as an Events Manager. I went into this position with no previous experience within Events and was given all the training and tools to be able to reach my full potential. I progress through the company being rewarded and promoted for my hard work and dedication.
    IQPC offer fantastic opportunity to learn and progress, it has a really good social aspect and an enjoyable and warming work environment. The work is engaging, fast paced and you're given the chance to travel the world, which certainly can’t be said for a lot of roles.
    The offices are young and vibrant, with the employees being extremely friendly, always willing to help by offering advice and support. I would describe Exchange as a work family.

I have now truly built a career and IQPC have helped me do this by offering me constant employee investment and training.
    I was enrolled onto the Company’s Management Development Programme this Year, which has given me excellent knowledge and training to progress further in my role.
    IQPC really do recognize talent and reward their employees generously. It is a great place to work and they have a number of employee incentives in place to drive you to be a success.

Cons

Throughout the time I have been with IQPC they are always looking of new ways to improve and they have achieved this successfully. It is hard to say any flaws.

10. "Great for a Working Mum"

Former Employee - Operations Manager in London, England
    Former Employee - Operations Manager in London, England

I worked at IQPC full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

They were incredibly flexible when I returned to work after having my first child- no abroad events, working 2 days a week from home, time off for appointments and no problems when my child was sick. Hands down, the best thing about the job were the people I worked with.

Cons

Career progression is limited when you get to a certain level