IQPC Reviews | Glassdoor.co.uk

Full-timePart-time

3.3
Rick Worden

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • You learn a lot about sales very quickly (in 9 reviews)

• Work environment is a fast paced one with lots of creativity and idea development going on (in 15 reviews)

Cons
  • s such a high turnover rate that it completely brings down the culture (in 25 reviews)

• If a fast - paced, challenging and busy role is not what you are looking for then don't come (in 16 reviews)

"Deputy Head of Operations"

Current Employee - Deputy Head of Operations in London, England
    Current Employee - Deputy Head of Operations in London, England

I have been working at IQPC full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

I started at IQPC in April 2014 as an Events Manager. I went into this position with no previous experience within Events and was given all the training and tools to be able to reach my full potential. I progress through the company being rewarded and promoted for my hard work and dedication.
    IQPC offer fantastic opportunity to learn and progress, it has a really good social aspect and an enjoyable and warming work environment. The work is engaging, fast paced and you're given the chance to travel the world, which certainly can’t be said for a lot of roles.
    The offices are young and vibrant, with the employees being extremely friendly, always willing to help by offering advice and support. I would describe Exchange as a work family.

I have now truly built a career and IQPC have helped me do this by offering me constant employee investment and training.
    I was enrolled onto the Company’s Management Development Programme this Year, which has given me excellent knowledge and training to progress further in my role.
    IQPC really do recognize talent and reward their employees generously. It is a great place to work and they have a number of employee incentives in place to drive you to be a success.

Cons

Throughout the time I have been with IQPC they are always looking of new ways to improve and they have achieved this successfully. It is hard to say any flaws.

2. "Sponsorship sales manager"

Former Employee - Sponsorship Sales Manager in London, England
    Former Employee - Sponsorship Sales Manager in London, England

I worked at IQPC full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Great training. Probably the best training and structure to a “sales call” there is to offer. People are great to work with as well.

Never really had that micromanagement you get at some places. Apart from power hour.

Cons

High-turn over of staff. When I started we had 25 or more spex guys on the floor. When I left there were just 14. Roles couldn’t be filled since there are no incentives in place and bad reputation (which some is true).
    MD is completely disconnected from the sales floor as well as some divisional directors.

Some Products are mediocre at best and it’s bad luck on you if you get lumbered with a bad project. WHICH IS THE BIGGEST ISSUE.

I’ve seen 30+ people sacked because essentially they’re starting at the bottom of the ladder with New or crap events that senior people don’t want. Many of the new starters are set up for failure as soon as they turn up.

Advice to Management

Management will not listen to advice. An ex colleague who was there many years even sent an email to senior management stating this is how the sales floor feel and they disregarded it. Shame, it used to be great!

3. "Nice company"

Former Employee - Delegate Acquisition Manager in London, England
    Former Employee - Delegate Acquisition Manager in London, England

I worked at IQPC (More than a year)

Pros

Nice staff good training interesting topics of events

Cons

sometimes you can feel a bit on your own with projects

5. "Great for a Working Mum"

Former Employee - Operations Manager in London, England
    Former Employee - Operations Manager in London, England

I worked at IQPC full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

They were incredibly flexible when I returned to work after having my first child- no abroad events, working 2 days a week from home, time off for appointments and no problems when my child was sick. Hands down, the best thing about the job were the people I worked with.

Cons

Career progression is limited when you get to a certain level

6. "Delegate Sales Manager"

Current Employee - Delegate Sales Manager in London, England
    Current Employee - Delegate Sales Manager in London, England

I have been working at IQPC full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Great commission structure, autonomous, fast paces environment

Cons

Occasionally the focus is spent on the short term targets rather than long term goals- but this is definitely something the company are actively trying to change.

7. "Hard work is rewarded and progression is virtually unlimited"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in London, England
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in London, England

I have been working at IQPC full-time (More than a year)

Pros

If you are willing to work hard and are committed to personal development, the opportunities here are unbelievable

Being a global company you get exposure to, and training by, a truly international team!

They value promoting from within, so promotion opportunities come up all the time

There are some brilliant travel opportunities - I went abroad for work 8 times last year with great people

Training is constant and really valuable!

The people you work with are some of the best out there. Great atmosphere and people genuinely look out for each other

Financial rewards are there for those who earn them

Cons

It can be high pressure and competitive, but if you like that then it's great

You'll always have a lot on your plate

Focus is always on bringing in revenue but again if you like that then perfect

"A place with the competitive will thrive and earn well"

Current Employee - Commercial Manager in London, England
    Current Employee - Commercial Manager in London, England

I have been working at IQPC full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Loads of chance to make a very decent pay packet every month, good group of people and is fun 99% of the time. People are here to work hard and rewards follow. SDP Training really sets you up well for what to expect once you are let loose.

Cons

It can be hard at first and if competitive it can be hard to sit and watch people do well and not have anything to offer. Hard work pays off and can make this curve smaller.

Advice to Management

be more reactive to what feedback you get from the teams and it will make change easier and smoother.

9. "Divisional Sales Director"

I worked at IQPC full-time

Pros

The IQPC sales process is the most thorough and effective in the business. Like most such processes it is rarely followed and poorly executed by most salespeople. Particularly big billers. Nevertheless it is gold dust in the right hands. The senior management team is extremely intelligent and commercially astute despite pretending not to be. The principal criterion they value in employees is Grit: resilience and perseverance. This is never spoken of. However, it is manifested in the way that poor to mediocre sales people are able to keep their jobs indefinitely. This is very unusual in the industry. They might be onto something.

Cons

Slow process of recruitment makes it prohibitive to strengthen your team.

Advice to Management

You have something unique and special going on. Keep up the alchemy!

"Work hard, Learn and make money!"

Current Employee - Sponsorship Sales in London, England

I have been working at IQPC full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I have been at IQPC Exchange for just under a year. Good place to work if you want to learn how to become a good sales person, make money and aren't afraid to work hard.
    Training is second to none! The first 8 weeks are spent in a training program which I recommend to anyone, even if you've been in sales for years. You'd be surprised how much you can learn if you take Katie's training seriously. She will help you develop a skill set that will set you up for success!
    Post training, if you work hard you can make good money.
    Definitely not the place you want to work at if you just want to have a job or want you hand held each step of the way and you're not willing to put in the work to succeed.

Cons

Definitely not for everyone as sometimes it can be demanding and stressful at times but if you approach it with the right attitude it can also be rewarding once you get over the hump.
    Offices could do with a renovation.

Advice to Management

I think you are aware of what needs to change and appear to be on the right path to make those changes. Do believe in and stick by what you have been preaching lately. I've been hearing a lot but haven't seen much implemented yet - deliver on your promises.

"Amazing sales experience"

Current Employee - Sponsorship Sales in London, England

I have been working at IQPC full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I've been at IQPC for 3 months and the induction process is the best I have come across throughout my career. The management are fantastic and truly care about the success of the individuals they hire. With the training and support giving from the first day I started, my confidence has grown enormously. I have only ever worked in sales but the sales training I've received since joining the business is 5 star. The content of the work is interesting and if you put the work in that is required, you certainly get the reward!

Cons

Can be intense at the start but worth it if you stick with it