IQVIA Reviews | Glassdoor.co.uk

Ari Bousbib

2,947 Employee Reviews

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Cons

1. "Regulatory affairs officer"

I have been working at IQVIA full-time

Pros

Excellent management
    Good place to work
    Good development opportunities

Cons

Downside are yet to encounter

2. "IQVIA"

Current Employee - Regulatory and Start-Up Manager
    Current Employee - Regulatory and Start-Up Manager

I have been working at IQVIA full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Job security, variety of systems to support daily work, good trainings, clear work instructions.

Cons

Constantly changing environment within company - re-designs, changes in structure, leadership, processes and ownership. Extremely high workload increasing every year, decreased promotion opportunities within last few years due to budget limitations, work is not recognized by management. Constant staff rotation, no staff retention.

Advice to Management

Stop constant flow of changes within organization, let employees to settle down with new processes before introducing new ones. Increase your focus on employees and staff retention.

"Monster potential, sadly often unfulfilled"

Current Employee - Senior Data Scientist in London, England
    Current Employee - Senior Data Scientist in London, England

I have been working at IQVIA full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Very smart people, willing to spend money on investment projects, good renewed focus on data science and analytics.

Cons

More senior people don't tend to understand either the technical side or people management, they tend to be very commercially savvy, which is good but a lot of the time don't understand what their direct reports are doing or how to get the best out of them.

Advice to Management

Invest in managers with better emotional intelligence and, less importantly, more technical skills particularly if they are managing very technical people.

4. "Director Training"

I have been working at IQVIA full-time

Pros

varied work and flexible hours

Cons

poor pay by comparrison to pharma

5. "The grass is greener....."

Current Employee - Data Team Lead in London, England
    Current Employee - Data Team Lead in London, England

I have been working at IQVIA full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Good work/Life balance, supportive managers, recognition. Work Life balance.

Cons

haven't found any.....at least not yet

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you do, its working!

6. "IQVIA"

I have been working at IQVIA full-time (More than a year)

Pros

good atmosphere and work-life balance

Cons

not competitive salaries and career opportunities

7. "Would not recommend"

I have been working at IQVIA full-time

Pros

You learn a lot very quickly

Cons

Little room for career advancement

"Constant restructure"

Current Employee - Project Manager in London, England
    Current Employee - Project Manager in London, England

I have been working at IQVIA full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Good pension, friendly colleagues, nice office location

Cons

Constant corporate restructuring, including senior management/line managers disappearing with no notice and no explanation. 2 company name changes in a year. Long hours, poor work/life balance.

Advice to Management

Treat your employees with the respect they deserve

9. "only work for them if you are desperate"

I worked at IQVIA full-time

Pros

able to interact with different people, bonus was good before until they took it away, able to develop basic industry skills but once you're done just get out.

Cons

organisation not disability friendly at all, had to get my union rep involved when they started questioning my holidays. was even told to reschedule doctors appointment despite the fact i have already notified them. they do not care about your development at all. they just care about the money and are willing to work people to death. hence the high turnovers they continuously get. work culture is horrible.

Advice to Management

take care of your workers! they are leaving you cos you are working them to death, refusing to give them any reasonable adjustments and have really discriminating managers.

"Good for early industry experience but overall a very negative working environment."

I worked at IQVIA full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Junior staff are exposed to a great deal early on. For someone just starting out in the clinical research industry, or a university graduate, you really do learn a lot and you have the opportunity to work in many therapy areas and on all trial phases.

Cons

The attitude of upper management and the way staff (especially junior staff) are treated at this company is absolutely unacceptable. The extent of the managerial incompetence I witnessed and the sheer level of blatant bulling by senior staff members is disgraceful and I would encourage avoiding this company at all costs. I worked in multiple departments in more than one country while at IQVIA and this deplorable attitude seems to be part of the general company culture throughout. I would say I personally experienced or was witness to multiple cases of genuine workplace harassment by senior staff and no amount of complaints to HR went anywhere. Most of the staff in HR were friends with the managers we were complaining about; favouritism/nepotism is rampant!! Junior staff were constantly put down and managers took no accountability for poor team performance - they would publicly throw their staff under the bus before they would ever own up to their own mistakes. Sexism was also a big problem in one department I worked in while at IQVIA and one of the male directors would often make derogatory comments about female staff and their choice of clothes in front of the entire office. Anyone who was underperforming (mainly because they were desperately overworked) would be publicly shamed at team meetings. Benefits would be withheld from the entire team and this would be blamed on that one persons mistake, isolating them and creating an atmosphere where staff were so afraid to make even simple human errors. Pay rises were virtually non existent and don’t expect any kind of work-life balance; junior staff generally work all hours for no overtime while managers leave early. They think the occasional free lunch can fix everything and god help you if you try to go over their heads to complain about poor treatment because they will make your life hell!! Fear-mongering was a common tactic employed by senior staff and they would frequently tell us that other members of the team had complained about something we said/wore/did but would not tell you who it was, so everyone was constantly paranoid and there was no trust on the team at all. You could say nothing in confidence to your manager, it would always get back to the rest of the office.

The volume of staff turnover at this company is truly shocking but it is a reflection of just how poorly they treat their staff. Staff members having what I can only describe as mental breakdowns while at the office was a common occurrence in every department I worked at. Confidential employee information being used as gossip amongst senior staff was also not uncommon and there was a general lack of support for the chronically overworked and underpaid junior staff. I left this company with an extremely negative outlook on the clinical research industry as a whole and for this reason I decided to make a career change. I have since moved to a different area of the healthcare sector and to a company that actually treats their employees like human beings and I have never been happier. I am not one to leave scathing reviews like this but this was genuinely the worst place I have ever worked and I was horrified by the way myself and my colleagues were treated. I would avoid working here at all costs unless you are at a very senior level and can stomach turning a blind eye to the awful way staff are treated!!!

Advice to Management

I do not believe any advice I nor anyone else gives will make any difference to the negativity that is so deeply embedded in the IQVIA culture.

Your employees are human-beings and your lack of regard for our happiness, our mental health and our overall welfare is absolutely deplorable.

Showing 2,947 of 3,151 reviews