ISN Software Reviews

Updated 9 Apr 2020

3.4
ISN Software CEO Joseph Eastin (no image)
Joseph Eastin
Pros
  • "Great benefits - free insurance, free food, free events(in 16 reviews)

• "Teams get together for impromptu happy hours/dinners(in 13 reviews)

Cons
  • "I wish I did not have to go through customer service experience but everything else was great(in 23 reviews)

• "Work/Life Balance: Depending on the team that you end up on, you could be working much longer hours and expected to travel frequently(in 17 reviews)

1. "---"

Current Employee - Business Development Associate in London, England

I have been working at ISN Software full-time for more than a year

Pros

Leadership, prospects, values, perks, company

Cons

Leadership, prospects, values, perks, company

ISN Software2014-11-11

"Stay Away from this place, do better things with your degree."

2.0
    Former Employee - Account Representative in Dallas, TX

I worked at ISN Software full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

ISN offers great health insurance, 401k, great vacation policy and a fully stocked kitchen. It's a great location if you live in Dallas proper and if you like to travel, you get lots of opportunity to travel.

Cons

Oh so many cons...first off, don't expect to earn any transferable skills from this place. ISN doesn't do a great job in investing in their employees training. They pick and choose which employees get to attend certain "leadership" training and it's usually the employees that are well liked, you know, the sorority sisters who went to Arkansas together, duh. Or the frat bros from OSU. The actual software product itself is suffering. So it's hard to justify the price increase ISN has made with clients when money that should be going into developing a great product is going into happy hours and company parties where people can get drunk, hook up with each other and then we all gossip about it on Monday. If your manager or supervisor doesn't like you, just quit now. Because they will micromanage the hell out of you and set you up to fail to the point where you have to leave before you go crazy working for ISN. They only promote from within and it's people they like, usually white people who are terrible at their job but you know, went to college with someone at ISN and are generally liked by leadership so of course are promoted. And after they promote they don't teach their management how to lead so then you are being managed by someone your age who doesn't know what the hell they are doing. Your manager can come in at 9:30 but you better be at your desk at 8AM sharp. Don't you dare think about leaving before 5:30 unless you're walking out with your supervisor while gossiping or discussing the latest handbag you just bought. I didn't go to four years of business school to work with a bunch of high school minded people who rather talk about people than ideas and who overwork you and expect you to keep quiet, don't give feedback and do your job.

ISN Software2020-04-10

April 21, 2020HR

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience and feedback. We appreciate your perspective and would like to hear more if you are willing. Feel free to contact us at reviews@isn.com so we can discuss the details provided in your review.

"Culture driven of fear, favoritism and cult like mentality"

Former Employee - Associate
    No Opinion of CEO

I worked at ISN Software full-time for more than a year

Pros

Great benefits - free insurance, free food, free events

Cons

Senior leadership gets promoted without merit. There is this weird buy into the company and leadership where if you don’t follow them on social media or pretend to care about what they do or gossip, you won’t get promoted. Male leaders will also start following you on social media platforms within weeks of employment if you are a female. don’t dare to challenge processes or leadership that has never worked anywhere else too much because you will be reprimanded. You are meant to follow checklists but do not vary from the processes.

ISN Software2020-03-06

March 9, 2020HR

4. "Great Place to Get Started in Your Career"

Current Employee - Senior Associate

I have been working at ISN Software full-time

Pros

- Compensation: Great pay compared to similar roles across the industry, especially for new professionals. - Benefits: The benefits are better than most companies around the same size. Full Medical/Dental/Eye, 100% 401k match, Tuition Reimbursement, and Cell Phone Reimbursement to name a few. Additionally, management regularly adds benefits based on employee suggestions and new industry trends. - Development: From your first day, ISN invests heavily in developing their employees. There are training courses for every role, and there are outside consultants brought in to teach on subjects such as public speaking, leadership and industry knowledge. Additionally, there is a team focused on employee personal growth and wellness. They bring in guest lecturers and sponsor challenges to teach personal finance, fitness, and mental wellness. - Employees: Your co-workers can be some of your closest friends, especially if you moved to the Dallas area. The structured career paths allow natural mentorships to form with employees that have been through the same positions, and these mentors will provide important advice for you to be successful at ISN and in your career. Management is very approachable and regularly walks by desks checking in with employees.

Cons

Work/Life Balance: Depending on the team that you end up on, you could be working much longer hours and expected to travel frequently. However, this is communicated effectively prior to rotating, and new hires work very normal hours.

ISN Software2020-02-16

February 17, 2020HR

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience and feedback with us. We appreciate the kind words and all you do for our customers. Feel free to contact us at reviews@isn.com if you are interested in discussing any additional feedback.

5. "Good first job"

Former Employee - Senior Associate in Dallas, TX

I worked at ISN Software full-time for more than a year

Pros

Great benefits, process driven, and goal oriented.

Cons

Micro-management, really does not value employee wellness, not a lot of tenured leadership experience, seems to value popularity.

ISN Software2020-02-06

February 7, 2020HR

6. "Great fun company"

Former Employee - Intern - Hourly in Dallas, TX

I worked at ISN Software full-time for less than a year

Pros

Fun people, easy work, cool office

Cons

I don’t like Dallas, not super rewarding work

ISN Software2019-12-19
  7. "Lots of opportunity"

I have been working at ISN Software full-time

Pros

This is a great company to work for and grow with in the Canadian offices. Especially in Canada, you get the benefits of a global organization with the perks of a smaller office. Would recommend to anyone who isn’t decided on the next steps of their career outside of university. Unprecedented interpersonal and soft-skill development.

Cons

Like any job, you have to put in what you will get out of it. Make sure you are liked by management.

ISN Software2019-12-05

"Great Starting Job for Recent Undergrads."

Former Employee - Senior Associate

I worked at ISN Software full-time

Pros

I feel compelled to write this review based on the previous one I just read. I was at ISN for two years, right after college and it was a great experience. For someone who does not know exactly what they want to do after college, you can't find a better job than this. Pay + bonus+ 401k match (vested immediately) +100% free benefits + 8 hour work days is as good as you will find straight out of college. $10k salary increase after first year. If you have over $25k in student loans, you won't have them for long (trust me). Plus, ISN teaches you a lot about work ethic, soft skills, industry best practices, public speaking, etc. They constantly are providing lunch & learns and additional speakers within the office to further enhance employee knowledge. They pay for tuition reimbursement and pretty much any other certification you would like to get that would benefit the business. Without ISN, I wouldn't be in the current HSE industry - a huge division within almost every company. And ISN has a business relationship with about 600 of those massive companies (not counting their thousands of massive contractor customers). Anyone at those companies in HSE, risk MGMT, compliance, etc. will know ISN. Combine that with travel across the U.S., awesome company parties (they're wild), and a large group of friends to hang out with, ISN is a great company to come work for straight out of college.

Cons

Supervisors are completely hit or miss (which can be said for almost every company.) However, ISN constantly moves you around to different teams and supervisors so if you have a bad one, you'll only have them for 6 months or so. I was there for two years and had 5 different supervisors and 3 different team leads. In my experience, the majority of them were great, relatable, and easy to get along with. If it wasn't for the first sup, I would have lasted less than 60 days. He stuck his neck out for me when it mattered most. Only other con I can think of is micro management. You're very much micromanaged. You don't need to ask to go to the bathroom or to get some water, that is absurd. But, if you're 15 min late from lunch or your work performance is less than your peers, you will hear about it. Again though, you just graduated college. They want to make sure you're not a slacker. After 6 months, they know who their good employees are and the micromanagement stops significantly.

ISN Software2019-08-16

"Take your talents elsewhere"

1.0
    Former Employee - Senior Account Representative in Dallas, TX
    No Opinion of CEO

I worked at ISN Software full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Benefits - Decent pay for an entry level job - Good soft skills training but few transferable skills

Cons

Biggest takeaway from this review: If I were a parent and my college aged child said they received an offer from ISN I would tell them to run. There is no need to waste a fresh college education on this job. The pay/perks are attractive right out of school but the more time you spend at this company, the less pivoting you can do when you finally leave as few skills are transferable so you will find yourself quickly pigeonholed into narrow job opportunities. If you want to be in finance, find a job in finance. If you want to be in marketing, seek out that opportunity somewhere else. If you want to be micromanaged in a call center - this is the place for you. The first few years in Customer Service: You spend the first 2 years in a call center with extreme oversight. Anytime you need to get up from your desk for any reason (i.e. to use the restroom or get a glass of water), you start a timer that all managers can see. If the timer goes too long, you get an email from your manager asking why you took such a long break. The only saving grace in customer service are your co-workers, who are also recent graduates. You can make fantastic friends here but at the expense of a long term career. The later years on "Client Development": A little bit more exciting than customer service but promotions have slowed down drastically so plan on staying in each pay grade for much longer than your predecessors. Supervisors and above will never leave the company as they are compensated very well and could not receive comparable pay outside of ISN due to their minimal skill sets. You are shuffled from team to team every 18-24 months to keep you distracted from the fact you are doing the same job and not getting promoted. Additionally, the "job scope" for each role is so broad - you are an account executive + business developer + project manager + instructor = longer hours and inefficient process that don't impact the bottom line. By the way, you are never trained on any of the above. ISN's "prospecting" efforts are a complete joke, zero investment is made to train employees on how to be effective business developers and few software investments are made to support your efforts (i.e. need an executives phone number? Call every published number until someone transfers you becuase ISN won't invest in simple prospecting tools/resources). They rely heavily on being the first mover in this industry (in 2001), but competitors are starting to surpass ISN's size and functionality capabilities. Be ready to travel - a lot. Again, exciting at first but the expectations are extremely high to visit all of your client sites multiple times a year and some of these facilities are in remote and/or unsafe areas. If you are single without a family it does allow you to get away from the micromanagement for a few days. As for your managers - The 2 best managers I've ever had were here; however, the horrible managers far out shadow and out number the good ones (I had 11 by the time I finished my career here). The majority of managers previous experience (I refuse to call them leaders) was captain of their high school cheerleading team in a small town. In my final years at ISN I was placed on a team where the VP would tell an associate not to wear a certain perfume because she didn't like the smell, or tape your heeled zipper to your shoe and don't ever wear those again because the noise bothered her. If you were in her good graces, stop by her desk and talk about the most recent office gossip (who is hooking up with who) or pull up Instagram to look at the new Real Housewives post. If you weren't in her good graces, better avoid eye contact all together. Management has all the power so don't be surprised to experience highly toxic and emotionally inappropriate behavior from managers and executives with little done to stop their conduct (they actually receive a promotion and additional stock options). The expectations are extremely one-sided. You better be in your chair at 7:55am and don't leave before 5:05pm even if you've finished all of your work but don't be surprised if your manager waltzes in at 9:30 with her latte and leaves at 2:45 because her daughter is sick at daycare for the 6th time in 8 weeks. Hope this helps those who come behind me and inspires you to take your talents elsewhere to enjoy a long and successful career.

ISN Software2019-08-05

"One of a kind"

Current Employee - Senior Account Representative in Dallas, TX

I have been working at ISN Software full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Incredible benefits, management cares about the growth and development of entire team, product contributes to positive cause, sky is the limit on growth

Cons

High and specific expectations at all levels, some supervisors more ready than others to lead, growth in new global markets is challenging.

ISN Software2019-06-24