IVY Mobility Reviews
62% would recommend to a friend
(173 total reviews)
80% approve of CEO
Top Review Highlights by Sentiment
Excerpts from user reviews, not authored by Glassdoor
- "My first step in my career Ivy, Learned many new things and groomed myself here, Great and supportive team." (in 5 reviews)
- "Complete work from home" (in 5 reviews)
- "Good for work culture" (in 4 reviews)
- "Good opportunity to start with tech domain" (in 4 reviews)
- "Best place to start your job." (in 4 reviews)
Found 173 of over 191 reviews
Updated 21 Nov 2023
- Most Recent
- Highest Rating
- Lowest Rating
- 3.04 Mar 2023VP SalesFormer Employee, less than 1 yearLondon, England
Remote working is certainly appealing
Products require a lot of customisationIVY Mobility Response9mo
We value your feedback. Thanks for the review. Wishing you all the best!
- 1.011 Sept 2019Senior ConsultantFormer Employee, more than 1 yearLondon, England
Provide the capability to work remotely
1. No defined global business process - everyone making up their own rules 2. Senior management not in tune to requirements for success 3. Say whatever the customer wants to hear to get the business
- 2.013 Nov 2023Software Engineering RelatedCurrent Employee, more than 1 yearCiudad de Mexico
The work-life balance at this company is excellent, offering the best emotional salary one can ask for. It's a significant factor in why many employees choose to stay. Remote work is a major advantage, and the company's results-driven approach allows for flexible working hours. While mandatory meetings are in place, they don't hinder the overall flexibility of the job. The competitive salary is a major benefit, and while extra benefits are somewhat limited, the salary compensates for this. Despite the limited extra benefits, the ones offered are worthwhile, such as the tuition reimbursement program and a fair employee profit-sharing scheme also Knows as PTU in Mexico. The opportunity for international experience, working with both the Mexico and India teams, is valuable. The Mexican team is known for its collaboration, and some members of the India Tech Team are friendly and willing to share knowledge. Leaders are accessible and helpful in clarifying doubts and identifying key individuals to help achieve goals.
One challenge in the Mexico branch is the method of salary distribution (SPEI), which doesn't align with the practices of Mexican banks. This results in missed exclusive offers for employees. Many have raised this concern since 2022, but there hasn't been a response from the company or any indication of changing this method. The timing of salary distribution, in the afternoon, can be inconvenient, especially when issues delay it further. Other companies typically distribute salaries in the early morning, which is more practical for employees with daily payments. A stablished bonus in the offer letter for achieving objectives has consistently been delayed. The lack of communication from HR/company and no existence of date of the delivery have been very frustrating for employees. This should have been delivered in July and still no delivered. Payment of December Bonus (Aguinaldo) is during the last day of the law (20 December). The heavy reliance on SQL and stored procedures can be challenging for those not experienced in these areas, making it feel more like a DBA role than development. The restriction on Git usage in certain repositories lacks clear justification. The absence of the Scrum methodology is notorious. While there's a "daily scrum" ceremony, there's no proper sprint planning session with devs, assignation of stories and bugs are "on the fly" without a planning session with devs, just whatever management wants to be completed today, so the concept of sprint and a scope of a block of user stories to be completed does not exist here. Requests for improvements are often ignored as "it is more confortable to work like this" Onboarding is inadequate, involving over 40 videos that aren't very effective for learning. A more hands-on approach with project-specific training guides and coding examples would be more beneficial. This issue results in a high learning curve due to the lack of clear documentation. The company's use of Excel files for continuous deployment instead of more advanced CI/CD platforms is less efficient, and suggestions for improvement are often ignored as "it is more confortable to work like this". The Mexico team's dependence on the India direction, with no software director in Mexico, leads to a lack of influence in decision-making. The company may not be recommended for junior software engineers who may require more experience and soft skills to succeed here.
- 3.08 Aug 2023Senior Technical LeadFormer Employee, more than 3 yearsChennai
- Good work-life balance (if you are on the product team) - 5 Mandatory Leave - Approachable co-workers and managers
- Project teams have little to no knowledge transfer of the product developed and its current state. - Very few senior employees who know the product in and out. - Struggling financially and to make profits for the past few years.1
- 5.028 Aug 2023Project ManagerFormer EmployeeChennai
Accountability: They establish clear roles and responsibilities, making team members accountable for their tasks and deliverables.
Bureaucracy: Excessive project management processes can lead to bureaucracy and slow decision-making.
- 4.031 Aug 2023Senior Software EngineerCurrent Employee, more than 3 yearsBengaluru
Good Company for learning. Friendly and helpful peoples are there.
Work Life balance is not there. The real Product and Project understanding is not there.
- 1.04 Sept 2023Customer Success ManagerFormer Employee, more than 1 year
Nothing much Location Team Working days
Frequent change of reporting managers No vision Always trying to resolve the escalation1
IVY Mobility Reviews FAQs
IVY Mobility has an overall rating of 3.5 out of 5, based on over 191 reviews left anonymously by employees. 62% of employees would recommend working at IVY Mobility to a friend and 54% have a positive outlook for the business. This rating has improved by 1% over the last 12 months.
62% of IVY Mobility employees would recommend working there to a friend based on Glassdoor reviews. Employees also rated IVY Mobility 3.2 out of 5 for work life balance, 3.4 for culture and values and 3.6 for career opportunities.