Icon Industries Reviews | Glassdoor.co.uk

2.8
  1. "Know the truth"

Former Employee - Senior Account Manager in Norcross, GA

I worked at Icon Industries full-time

Pros

Great business that provides you the tools to make you successfull at more than just the work. You have the opportunity to make a lot of money and they give you the support you need if you seek it.

Cons

Yes the hours are long and they could be shorter but if you like making money then you work longer. The owner will stay to give everyone the opportunity to make what they need. Besides the best learning comes at the end of the day if you are willing to stay. It is a choice you have to make yourself. If being successful it eorth it to you then stay. It is not for anyone you have to be strong to survive in yhe... business.

Advice to Management

Dont change a thing. Nothing this company does is a scam. I was promoted in to ownership and took off like a freight train but i was not mentally sttong enough and had trouble duplicating the system in others which is truly the name of the business. Hithm is a very successful individual that changed my life even though i am no longer with the business. Trust in what he teaches you and it will change yours as well.

Icon Industries2018-03-11
  2. "SCAM, take your time elsewhere."

Former Employee - Sales Representative in Norcross, GA

I worked at Icon Industries full-time for less than a year

Pros

Nice co workers, but thats it.

Cons

Long hours, not paid, no gas compensation. Long drives, working in any kind of weather. No real breaks.

Advice to Management

Stop selling fake million dollar dreams to people and actually pay them.

Icon Industries2018-03-07
  3. "Gas station sales"

I worked at Icon Industries full-time

Pros

Supportive team, on the job training, friendly team, compensation and bonues

Cons

Long hours, kinda competive if you dont like competition, long distance drive, having to set up at event all the time

Icon Industries2017-03-27
  4. "Long hours and misleading postings."

Associate in Denver, CO

I worked at Icon Industries

Pros

The people you work with are energetic and upbeat, which is the only positive aspect. Perfect for someone who is into sales and marketing.

Cons

Long hours. You may arrive at 8 and not go home until 7 or 8. You are required to work Saturdays so that is 6 days out of 7, which is not ideal for work life balance. You many have to drive as far as 40 miles to for an event everyday, and you are not reimbursed for gas.

Advice to Management

1. Be open about the full nature of the job. 2. Pay for gas 3. Stop manipulating customers into buying more than they needed 4. With the money you make, benefits could be better

Icon Industries2016-07-16

"Extremely Long Hours!"

Team Lead in Norcross, GA

I worked at Icon Industries for less than a year

Pros

The education provided here will help anyone on the job and further in life. They do a good job of preparing employees to go out at the events and sell. You will learn alot about direct sales and reading people in general. This office is one of the top in the company.

Cons

Very long hours that is not disclosed properly during the hiring process. You need a car to get to events that can be over 1 hour away from main office where everyone meets every morning. Be prepared to work around the hours of 8am-8pm.

Advice to Management

You should disclose how the job will become the employers life. There is little work/life balance and that is important to some of your new hires. Be very clear of all opportunities and long term sacrifices.

Icon Industries2016-01-25
  6. "I love it"

Current Employee - Marketing Representative in Norcross, GA

I have been working at Icon Industries full-time for less than a year

Pros

The people that work there are extremely sweet and make you feel right at home.

Cons

There will be long hours but its worth it. I do bot have anything negative at this time

Advice to Management

Please tell me that the negative comments about the pay are not true. For people who have children the struggle is real. I hope 6.00 and hour is a joke.

Icon Industries2016-01-24

"Great experience so far"

Current Employee - Marketing Representative in Norcross, GA

I have been working at Icon Industries full-time for less than a year

Pros

I've read some of these reviews and definitely do not agree. Pay is pretty good especially right out of college, comparing to my last job and those of my friends. Plus my manager bonuses money every week so it's cool to know that if you work hard it gets noticed. People are pretty cool and I feel like I'm on a real team. It's definitely a job where if you at least try you will do well. Not for the lazy!

Cons

The hours sometimes can be tough, but knowing I'm learning and doing something to advance my career makes it worth it at least. I've been at other jobs working way more and getting less.

Advice to Management

Maybe to play some house music in the office.

Icon Industries2016-01-15

"Event Coordinator"

I worked at Icon Industries full-time

Pros

The people are nice and if you are motivated you can make money after about a years time. It is a smart spin a pyramid marketing company, so if you are okay with that than you are good.

Cons

My expierience was selling car wax to people at gas stations. I did not expect that and did not expect that on my first day. You have team leaders and they can be nice, but I wish the person hiring me wouldhave told me that.

Advice to Management

Be more upfront to avoid a higher turnover. Also, very low pay in the first months for the amount of work.

Icon Industries2015-10-28

"SCAM STAY AWAY!"

in Norcross, GA

I worked at Icon Industries

Pros

you have "fun". fun music. smoke with managers.

Cons

you work from 7:45 am getting bs sales tips reteaching each other the same tactics every day. there is no where to sit other than waiting area for new interviews. you are to dress buisees professional but channge to sneakers and t-shirt. the "managers" and "millionaires" where the same outfits every day. we are not allowed to go in front of new hires out of buisness pro; because you dont know what the actual job is... until your first day. long hours standing at gas pumps in heat exceeding 100* and rain, storm etc. doing demos of a cleaning wax.you make no money the hours you work. we would drive out as far as alabama in our own cars on our own dime with no compensation. no designated breaks. i was 18 when i came in and all the older ( 30+) managers would hit on me aggressively and be extremely unprofessional. some of the main managers do not even have vehicles so we would carpool them and be almost forced to stay late in the night until "goal" was hit. expect you to dediicate your entire life to a weekly 100$ check. lied about payment. promised 300$ weekly base and comission but no checks exceeded 200&

Advice to Management

quit lying to people, stop selling dreams. you cannot make a millionaire selling a product people have had and been using for ages. scamming people is wrong and this job is totally brain washing.

Icon Industries2015-09-29

"INSIDER SCAM EXPOSITION! (Not really)"

Owner-in-Training in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at Icon Industries

Pros

High energy team, hands-on experience, knowledgeable management. The pay is pretty good for what you are getting, compared to some dead-end minimum wage jobs.

Cons

I have been working for Hithm Hussein at Icon Industries for a couple of weeks now, and have been exposed to enough to provide accurate, truthful information. Looking around online, I noticed a large amount of "negative press" about the company. Upon reading the articles on ripoffreport.com and other similar websites, i see that there is a common trend. Many posters complain about a pyramid scheme with long hours... and very little pay, no benefits or overtime and sketchy management. What I have to say about everything you may read is that it is absolutely true. Anybody hiring on here CAN expect to work long hours with meager pay and no benefits. So can most small business owners. You CAN expect to run into sketchy managers, because the business model is performance-based, not personality or ethics based. This means that you can have an honest, open and caring boss, or a lying cheating a**hole. The bottom line is this: If you're looking for a 9-5 with solid hourly wages and great benefits, this is not the company for you. If you're looking for lots of quick and easy money, this is not the company for you. If you have a good entrepreneurial head on your shoulders and want a paid 6-9 month small business owner internship, give us a call.

Advice to Management

Provide more clarity in the hiring process, and pay more of a mind to public relations.

Icon Industries2015-07-19