Immediate Media Company Reviews | Glassdoor.co.uk

Immediate Media Company Reviews

Updated 30 Jan 2020

4.6
Immediate Media Company  CEO Tom Bureau  (no image)
Tom Bureau
Pros
  • "Very friendly atmosphere and good social events(in 20 reviews)

• "Great company culture, a brilliant team, proactive flexible working policy, challenging work, opportunities for career development(in 11 reviews)

Cons
  • "Gripes over the Bristol office building are well documented but this is being rectified with a new Bristol site(in 8 reviews)

• "Non-existent communication between senior management and the wider department: to quote a previous reviewer "(in 6 reviews)

1. "Incredible place to work"

Current Employee - Receptionist in Bristol, England

I have been working at Immediate Media Company full-time for less than a year

Pros

Immediate is such a welcoming and friendly place to work, there are lots of inter-department friendships, and the monthly socials ensure we all get to know each other. The company created a wonderful office space for us which is light and airy, with a well designed courtyard for us to have casual meetings and chill during breaks. The teams and HR are incredibly supportive, and management are very approachable. Would highly recommend working here!

Cons

Working so close to the Harbourside, St Nicks market & Cabot Circus makes it tricky to not eat out every day!!

Immediate Media Company 2020-01-30
  2. "Great place to work, great culture, lack of reward."

Former Employee - Senior Sales in London, England

I worked at Immediate Media Company full-time for more than a year

Pros

Training, support, team spirit, culture.

Cons

Low salaries compared to market, and won't break pay structure to keep good people.

Immediate Media Company 2019-10-16
  3. "A nice place to work but next to no development or progression."

Current Employee - Editorial in London, England
    No Opinion of CEO

I have been working at Immediate Media Company full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Good offices, nice team, plenty of social activities and flexible working.

Cons

Very flat structure and no development so hardly any opportunities to progress in salary and title. To get on you have to leave.

Immediate Media Company 2019-10-04
  4. "Great place to work, challenging work, great people"

Current Employee - Product in London, England

I have been working at Immediate Media Company part-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Cons

Travelling on the Picadilly Line isn't always fun!

Immediate Media Company 2019-09-12
  5. "Fun place to work with really exciting brands!"

Current Employee - Sales in London, England

I have been working at Immediate Media Company full-time for more than a year

Pros

- Amazing culture- the highlight is the Summer Festival each year which gets better each year. There are always so many social events throughout the year- Crazy Golf and Pop Quiz were really fun! - All Hands - great for employees to find out what's going well and where improvements need to be made for the company- ties in with the company value of transparency and honesty. - The People- everyone is super friendly across all departments. It doesn't matter what level you are on- it's a very collaborative environment and everyone is approachable.

Cons

-Need more toilets - Location (Hammersmith) isn't ideal

Immediate Media Company 2019-09-10
  6. "Fantastic place to work, fantastic brand with a fantastic culture"

Current Employee - Chief Product Officer in London, England
    No Opinion of CEO

I have been working at Immediate Media Company full-time for less than a year

Pros

Everyone at Immediate Media wants to be here, whether working on an individual brand or as part of the wider business, people are very proud of who they work for. People are empowered and encouraged to try new things, supported to grow themselves as well as the business. Office environment a great place to be in both London and Bristol, in lovely buildings with great spaces to work. Social, there is always loads going on with regular events as well as the IM Festival, which just adds to the friendly atmosphere. Culture is a massive part of Immediate and is protected and invested in for the benefit of everyone that works here and it is clearly working as the business continues to grow.

Cons

Nothing springs to mind, they seem to have found a nice balance of all the different aspects

Immediate Media Company 2019-09-09
  7. "A great place to work - Like Family"

Current Employee - Department Head in London, England

I have been working at Immediate Media Company full-time for less than a year

Pros

I was told when I joined Immediate that it was a great place to work. I've heard this at other companies before so was sceptical that Immediate would be any different but I was left in no doubt that it truly is a great place to work The company is open and transparent and I am respected and listened to. The work life balance is exceptional and the culture is open, approachable, trusting, considerate and compassionate. Immediate places great emphasis on cultural fit and this has the benefit of collaborative and open working practices with other people at Immediate, combined with respect and mindfulness. I hope I stay here for quite a while.

Cons

Not really cons as such. Immediate is growing so of course, it will have some issues. I'm sorting out processes and ways of working but these are good problems to have. The pay is slightly below industry standard for Dev and UX as are some benefits so it makes recruitment in these areas more challenging but this is an issue the business is aware of and is addressing. There are a lot of benefits at Immediate which cannot be measured by a payslip.

Immediate Media Company 2019-09-09
  8. "Best company I've ever worked for!"

Current Employee - Sales in London, England

I have been working at Immediate Media Company full-time for less than a year

Pros

Immediate cares a lot about their staff. Everyone is friendly & approachable and managers want you to succeed in what you do. The internal events are brilliant.

Cons

Nothing at all, its a great place to work!

Immediate Media Company 2019-09-06
  9. "A great, sociable workplace"

Current Employee - Manager in London, England

I have been working at Immediate Media Company full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

I've never previously worked at a company that invest so much into their staff. The company culture is really important to Immediate and this has shone through in the 3 years I have worked here. It's a very fun and friendly environment to work in. The internal comms, HR and facilities teams are very supportive and there are regular social events with free drinks and workshops like, Christmas wreath making, Oktoberfest, where they brought in pretzels, beer kegs and live german music! There's also the Christmas parties and a huge festival, the IMFestival, which has been a highlight!

Cons

Overall my experience at Immediate has been very positive

Immediate Media Company 2019-09-06
  10. "Great place to work"

Current Employee - Manager in Bristol, England

I have been working at Immediate Media Company full-time for less than a year

Pros

IM really does look after its staff, with great career opportunities, benefits and flexibility. A fab internal culture too - one of the best I've experienced.

Cons

None that I can think of

Immediate Media Company 2019-09-05

Choose a different language and keep reading other reviews.

Found 80 reviews