Immediate Media Company Reviews

Updated 9 May 2021

4.4
Immediate Media Company  CEO Tom Bureau  (no image)
Tom Bureau
Pros
  • "There are always so many social events throughout the year- Crazy Golf and Pop Quiz were really fun(in 26 reviews)

• "Allow for a great work life balance(in 14 reviews)

• Cons
  • "low salaries, not enough transparency with senior management(in 8 reviews)

• "Gripes over the Bristol office building are well documented but this is being rectified with a new Bristol site(in 8 reviews)

• More Pros and Cons
    Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.
    1. 5.0
      Current Employee

Great company to work for

5 May 2021 - Sales Manager in London, England, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

Immediate really look after their staff and are constantly looking for ways to improve.

Cons

none that I can think of

Resourcer

Thank you, we really appreciate the time you've taken to leave a review - we're really glad to hear that you're enjoying your time with us!

2. 4.0
      Current Employee, more than 5 years

Lovely creative environment

15 Apr 2021 - Digital Editor in Bristol, England, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

The people I work with at Immediate are incredibly creative, intelligent and hardworking. In normal times, the company has lots of great social events and offers some good perks including a birthday day off. We haven’t spent much time in the shiny new Bristol office in the past year, but it is a great place to work. They’ve launched some great initiatives over the last few years including introducing mental health first aiders. There are some groups within the company which focus on equality and diversity, although this is a relatively new initiative, it has already resulted in some positive changes within Immediate.

Cons

Salaries are on the low side and there are very few opportunities to progress or get promoted. Training opportunities are limited. There is also a real lack of women in senior positions within the company, as well as a lack of diversity at management level.

Resourcer

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review, we work hard to create a positive environment, and we are glad to hear you enjoyed the social events! Sorry to hear your view on salary and training. Last year there were few training opportunities due to the pandemic and us need to cancel most of our training. We’re working hard on that this year and have recently run information sessions for all employees to find out more about doing an apprenticeship. We’re listening to points about salary and progression and are looking at these as areas through our employee survey, I Love It Here. On diversity our senior leadership team of 7 has 2 females and our wider leadership group is two thirds female, however we do recognise that this an area we need to focus on. We have recently appointed a Diversity and Inclusion Manager to help us actively focus on our diversity across the organisation. Thank you again for your comments!

3. 1.0
      Former Employee, more than 1 year

Don't dare ask about your salary

4 May 2021 - Deputy Production Editor in London, England, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

Some lovely people (outside of management)

Cons

I received consistently excellent feedback here until I dared to raise questions about a sketchy offer of a 'promotion' which I would be required to train for without any indication of the prospective salary increase. Things changed very quickly after that - management began a campaign of passive aggression, intimidation and what can only be described as workplace bullying. It's difficult to concentrate on your job when your managers are pointedly holding meetings about you in a glass-walled office right in your eyeline. I was told "if you don't like it here, just be brave and leave" by a senior manager simply because I had ruffled feathers by raising concerns about money. On the day I finally handed in my notice they were so keen to get me out of the door that they tried to get me to leave straightaway without paying me, before deliberating for hours and eventually realising that they'd have to put me on gardening leave and pay me not to come in for a month instead (which was fine by me!). Awful company culture that's very nicey-nicey on the surface with pretensions of being something it's not. Avoid, avoid, avoid - go and work somewhere that actually cares about its people rather than about showing off how great it is.

Resourcer

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review about your time at Immediate. It’s clear from your review that you did not enjoy your time at Immediate, and we’re sorry for that, as you can see from other reviews that we have, this is not the normal experience for people who work at Immediate. At Immediate we work hard to try and create a fun, supportive environment and we do take the mental health of our employees very seriously. We now have a number of mental health first aiders across the business, and we have run mental health training for our managers. It’s clear from your review that you have a number of concerns about your time at Immediate, we’re always willing to listen and learn, so please do feel free to get in contact with our HR team at Human.resources@immediate.co.uk thank you.

4. 5.0
      Current Employee, less than 1 year

Impressive, positive place to work

23 Mar 2021 - Editorial in London, England, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

I joined the company during lockdown, and have been so impressed by the support that's been put in place to ensure I feel welcome and included. The senior leadership team are very open and transparent, and welcome feedback from employees regularly (and seem to take action on it). Everyone here is incredibly talented, kind and hardworking, and the portfolio of magazines is equally outstanding.

Cons

Salaries are OK, but are reviewed regularly.

Resourcer

Thank you for leaving a review, we are glad to hear you are enjoying your time working at Immediate. Adapting to working remotely and ensuring all of our employees are connected is one of our top priorities whilst we are working from home during the pandemic!

5. 4.0

Great culture

9 May 2021 - Senior Sales Executive in London, England, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

Great training, and good company culture

Cons

Limited progression for Senior sales teams

6. 4.0
      Current Employee, more than 3 years

Good and evolving place to work

1 May 2021 - User Experience Designer in London, England, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

Supportive company culture, fun and diverse range of projects to work on to promote industry-leading brands

Cons

Myriad digital projects that pull in different directions and together lack a cohesive set of time bound goals and focus

Resourcer

Thank you for leaving a review, it's great to hear your thoughts. We’ve always tried to create a great culture at Immediate, and have worked hard during the pandemic to keep this going, so we’re delighted that you’ve put this as a pro of working at Immediate! In regards to digital projects and time goals, please do talk to either your manager or get in touch directly with the HR team in confidence so we can look into this for you!

7. 4.0

Very modern and conscioentious

3 May 2021 - Insight Executive in London, England, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

Great work ethic, good management, very good social events, overall "young" feeling company with great environment

Cons

Surprisingly little flexibility in working

Resourcer

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review! We’re really glad to hear your pro’s, particularly social events as we have worked hard to keep our social events going and accessible to all through the pandemic. We’re sorry to hear your comments about flexible working, we would genuinely like to understand this in more detail, so please feel free to contact us at human.resources@immediate.co.uk.

8. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 3 years

Nice company to work for

29 Mar 2021 - Advertising in London, England, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

They care about their employees

Cons

Lack of flexibility and pay rises

Resourcer

Thank you for making the time to write a review - it's really good to hear what you like about working at Immediate and we're so glad you're enjoying your time with us! Sadly, last year due to pandemic we did pause pay rises across the business. The year however we are planning pay rises as in previous years. We’re sorry that you feel there is a lack of flexibility in your role, we’d like to understand more about that, so please feel free to get in touch with the HR team.

9. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 8 years

Fantastic Place to Work

3 Mar 2021 - Chief Revenue Officer in London, England, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

Fantastic place to work, a growing business where employees are genuinely supported and at the heart of the business. Great social events and committee too.

Cons

Hard to think of any, like many businesses they have more to do on sustainability but are working on it.

Recruitment Coordinator

Thank you for leaving a review, we pride ourselves on our culture and our main focus is to support our employees, particularly when we're all going through a pandemic, so it's great to hear that this is recognised! Hopefully our (non-virtual) social events will be up and running once allowed. Any recommendations would be really appreciated and welcomed, so please feel free to email them to human.resources@immediate.co.uk. We hope you keep enjoying your time at Immediate, stay safe!

10. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 1 year

The best publishing company, bar none

28 Feb 2021 - Art Director in London, England, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

Open, honest, a real sense of community and care at its heart. I LOVE working here.

Cons

Honestly: none spring to mind. I guess diversity is the big issue but we are seeing the beginnings of effective action here.

Recruitment Coordinator

Thank you for making the time to leave such a lovely review! It's fantastic to hear such positive comments on our culture, something we are incredibly passionate about. We hope that you keep enjoying life at Immediate!

Viewing 1 - 10 of 130 Reviews