Immediate Media Company Reviews | Glassdoor.co.uk

Updated 12 Jun 2019

Found 67 reviews

4.4
Tom Bureau
Pros
  • "There are lots of great social events throughout the year and the summer festival is a real highlight(in 19 reviews)

• "Immediate Media is a great company to work for(in 10 reviews)

Cons
  • "Gripes over the Bristol office building are well documented but this is being rectified with a new Bristol site(in 8 reviews)

• "Non-existent communication between senior management and the wider department: to quote a previous reviewer "(in 7 reviews)

1. Featured Review

"Great induction, brilliant culture, fantastic brands"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in London, England

I have been working at Immediate Media Company full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Employees from the top down are really proud of the business, which treats them like grown ups and works really hard to create an inclusive, creative and nurturing environment. This starts from day one, with a really thorough induction process. Some of the best-known editorial brands in the country come out of Immediate and the teams really understand their products and audiences.

Cons

Not a con as such, but the company has grown considerably and the challenge moving forward will be maintaining its fantastic values and culture as it continues to expand. Gripes over the Bristol office building are well documented but this is being rectified with a new Bristol site.

Immediate Media Company 2019-01-02
  2. "A Company That Really Cares"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in London, England

I have been working at Immediate Media Company full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Every single person at Immediate is passionate about their brand and what they do. This is a high performing company that rewards its staff with the most inspirational company culture, amazing social life and stunning office. It’s always made clear how much the company cares about its staff, they are the companies strongest asset and Immediate does all they can to thank them.

Cons

Slightly political, but what business isn’t!

Immediate Media Company 2019-01-24
  3. "Creative but bad management"

Current Employee - Writer in Bristol, England

I have been working at Immediate Media Company full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Great team to work with, fun magazine, good location in Bristol

Cons

Problems with the editor were slow to be sorted out and caused people to leave, not much chance of upwards career movement

Immediate Media Company 2019-06-12
    • "Great company"

Current Employee - Camera Operator in Birmingham, England

I have been working at Immediate Media Company full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The benefits offered are great from life assurance to childcare vouchers They organise events for staff every year to let off steam and team build.

Cons

Some areas need improvement I.e. sewing quarte staff are mostly new to TV shopping so are still learning.

Immediate Media Company 2019-05-15
    • "A great place to work"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Bristol, England

I have been working at Immediate Media Company full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

The working environment is mostly great and I work with lots of wonderful, creative people. The Bristol office is getting a much-needed upgrade and we're all looking forward to the move to the new building. There are lots of great social events throughout the year and the summer festival is a real highlight. Plus you get your birthday off.

Cons

More needs to be done to address the gender pay gap in the company.

Advice to Management

It would be great to see more being done to address the gender pay gap, as it has only improved by about 1% in the last year.

Immediate Media Company 2019-04-26
    • "A great, social place to work for."

Current Employee - Media Administrator in Bristol, England

I have been working at Immediate Media Company full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Immediate is very good at looking after the people who work there. There are constant events, and there is always something happening with the social aspects of the company.

Cons

It's media, so the salaries could be better.

Immediate Media Company 2019-04-19

"Great working environment"

Former Employee - Backend Developer in London, England
      No Opinion of CEO

I worked at Immediate Media Company full-time for more than a year

Pros

- Great work environment - Friendly people - Very flexible on times

Cons

- Work pace is sometimes a bit slow - Some technologies used are not the bes to progress as a developer

Immediate Media Company 2019-04-08

"Could be better"

Former Employee - Advertising Executive in London, England
      No Opinion of CEO

I worked at Immediate Media Company full-time for more than a year

Pros

Good company culture and decent working hours

Cons

The pay isn't adequate for the amount of work required and there's absolutely no transparency on salaries and career progression. Lack of department structure and resources which resulting in teams being understaffed and overwhelmed with work. Non-existent communication between senior management and the wider department: to quote a previous reviewer "senior management is thoroughly in denial and they can't stop patting...

Advice to Management

Understand your staff needs and try to solve persistent issues before they all resign.

Immediate Media Company 2019-04-02

April 25, 2019MD, Advertising

Thank you for your comments and for taking the time to leave a review. We’ve worked hard to create a culture that fosters creativity and innovation, so I’m glad that you enjoyed this. Your feedback around communication is new and we will take a look at this, as we pride ourselves ...

"Lovely"

Current Employee - Senior Direct Advertising Executive in Bristol, England

I have been working at Immediate Media Company full-time for more than a year

Pros

Great company. Great boss. Dress down. Honest

Cons

Don't get paid enough for the amount of work expected of you

Advice to Management

So kind and caring but if you mention anything to do with wage or commission issues you are shot down without question because they don't want to have to deal with it

Immediate Media Company 2019-03-03

March 29, 2019MD, Advertising

Thank you for your comments and for taking the time to leave a review. I joined Immediate a month ago and I can already see that it's a great company, so it's good to hear that you enjoy working here and have a good relationship with your manager. I’m sorry though that you feel ...

"A good place to work but it really could be so much better"

Current Employee - Editor in Bristol, England

I have been working at Immediate Media Company full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Wonderful, talented staff, great summer and Christmas parties. London office environment. 35 hour working week.

Cons

Bristol office is tatty though soon to be replaced. No clear pay scale or transparency on salaries mean that there are massive pay gaps for individuals working the same jobs. Salaries also not disclosed to those applying for jobs.

Advice to Management

Introduce clear pay scales or at least offer a level of transparency here, staff are very bitter and angry on this topic. Hugely talented people are frequently leaving Immediate for better-paid jobs as the management are often not proactive when it comes to advancing internal talent.

Immediate Media Company 2018-12-22

January 9, 2019Group Managing Director

Thanks for your comments: I thought it might be useful just to address some of the points you make here. Firstly you’re right about our current premises in Bristol and that’s why we are investing a lot of time and resource in totally renovating an iconic building in the heart ...

Found 67 reviews