Found 420 of over 495 reviews
- Most Recent
- Highest Rating
- Lowest Rating
What are your colleagues talking about?
Top Review Highlights by Sentiment
Excerpts from user reviews, not authored by Glassdoor
- "They invest in your development and ensure you get to go on courses etc to better yourself in the role The people are great" (in 32 reviews)
- "Good benefits and development." (in 30 reviews)
- "Good salary + Bonus" (in 28 reviews)
- "Great company to work for, supportive colleagues, a lot of knowledge – you are able to gain a lot of work experiences and skills." (in 19 reviews)
- "The general culture at Imperial is great" (in 16 reviews)
- "Poor management." (in 17 reviews)
- "life balance, no company culture/ most of the Managers and colleagues are poorly educated with limited management skills." (in 9 reviews)
- "Leadership desperately poor, clueless with brands" (in 8 reviews)
- "Also no career progression if you live in London." (in 7 reviews)
- "Senior Management is either corrupt or a group of politicians who think nothing but themselves" (in 4 reviews)
- 5.0FEATURED REVIEW30 Jul 2023Outside Sales RepresentativeCurrent Employee, more than 10 yearsGlasgow, Scotland
Fast paced environment keeps everybody busy
Fast moving demanding industry. Constant challenge.
- 5.029 Nov 2023People & CultureCurrent Employee, more than 10 yearsBristol, England
Exciting ever-changing environment for people with can-do attitude. Good opportunities and good conditions, but above all, great people. Great performance and cash flow, working on new products, building a great future.
Many processes still to be consolidated, which can be a bit of a burden in an organization this size
- 2.012 Oct 2023Reward ManagerFormer Employee, more than 1 year
Money and benefits were good, that’s about it. Some professional people to work with.
Leadership / management style promotes gas lighting of employees, support for part time work was abysmal.1
- 5.09 Oct 2023ToxicologistCurrent Employee, more than 1 yearBristol, England
Good work environment. Company Investments in professional growth opportunities. Nice office and installations
Difficult Stakeholders. Rare salary raise
- 5.010 Apr 2023Anonymous EmployeeCurrent Employee, more than 3 years
The level of transformation being undertaken across this business is unprecedented - from technology, investment is teams, re-alignment of functions for cross-functional, truly global ways of working. There is a genuine will for Imperial to become a dynamic, responsible, forward-thinking company where employees are encouraged to adopt positive behaviours and be themselves. The road will take some time, but the strategy is proving fruitful. The general culture at Imperial is great - I've worked for a number of global companies and this one is genuinely global, the ability to work with people across multiple markets, multiple teams is great, and great development. Imperial is full of genuinely nice people, pulling in the same direction and helpful and open to new joiners. Renumeration and benefits are good. ERGs have been created to build inclusion across the business and global countries. This is clearly another important driver across the business. Flexible working helps work/life balance Senior leadership are open, and deliver on strategic/cultural priorities.
If you're not comfortable with change, it's probably not for you as this business is driving transformation at all levels and functions. The experience of senior leadership is mixed across different functions and countries.
- 4.017 Aug 2023Brand ManagerCurrent Employee, more than 8 yearsBristol, England
Inclusivity, integrity and overall positive working environment
Lack of innovation, rather slow in decision making
- 4.030 May 2023Brand ExecutiveFormer Employee, more than 3 yearsBristol, England
Work with talented and motivated employees Good work life balance for the most part
Somewhat limited career progression. Jobs do not come up very frequently, and if they do, it's usually as part of a bigger company restructure. However, that being said, in 4 years, I have had 2 different roles within the company and received 3 pay rises
- 1.07 Apr 2023Global Consumer OperationsFormer Employee, more than 5 yearsLiverpool, England
Was once a strong team, with a can-do, enthusiastic attitude and culture. The people are the heart of the team but this has to be recognised by seniors as good, experienced employees are leaving. Great compensation, pension and bonuses, especially upper ranks. I do question is this to mask the somewhat toxic traits. Good CEO who is clearly pleasing the shareholders after a turbulent period.
Where to begin? Ultimately, there are a lot of middle managers and layer and layers of “seniors” who can’t commit to decisions. As a result progress is slow and vastly lacks behind competitors. Too many seniors who are from the “old tobacco” times and seem to have ended up in their roles because their face fits or have been there for umpteen years. Sadly this leaves no room for progression for those who are keen, enthusiastic and ambitious to make a change for good. Some managers are excellent however there are a significant number who are atrocious and are allowed to continue without challenge. I have seen gender discrimination, “yes men” and those who do very little coast along in senior roles on very hefty salaries. This is frustrating and incredibly disheartening to those who wish to progress. Social media presence stating the importance of diversity and inclusion and mental health is a facade for deeply routed issues and is quite frankly insulting to those who experience issues day in and day out. What doesn’t help is many members of the HR department who are completely bias to the business and do little to help the employee.4
- 5.023 May 2023Anonymous EmployeeCurrent Employee, less than 1 year
Really friendly team, lots of opportunities to add value
None so far. At a time of growth, as such organically developing structure and governance
Imperial Brands Reviews FAQs
Imperial Brands has an overall rating of 3.7 out of 5, based on over 495 reviews left anonymously by employees. 69% of employees would recommend working at Imperial Brands to a friend and 55% have a positive outlook for the business. This rating has improved by 1% over the last 12 months.
69% of Imperial Brands employees would recommend working there to a friend based on Glassdoor reviews. Employees also rated Imperial Brands 3.6 out of 5 for work life balance, 3.5 for culture and values and 3.2 for career opportunities.