Infosoft Group Reviews

Updated 21 May 2020

3.3
Infosoft Group CEO Pat Sheahan (no image)
Pat Sheahan
Pros
  • "Also free lunch every Thursday, flex scheduling (can come in whenever in the morning), and ability to work from home(in 15 reviews)

• " milwaukeejobs.com (in 12 reviews)

Cons
  • "If you want to sell and make any money you are prospecting 2-3 hours a night, on your own time(in 10 reviews)

• "Everything is strategic to keep you in your place with upper management(in 8 reviews)

1. "Great Place to Work"

Current Employee - Sales Development Representative in Milwaukee, WI

I have been working at Infosoft Group full-time

Pros

Our CEO Pat is amazing. He definitely tries to do everything to help you succeed. They have free lunch on thursday's and there are plenty of opportunities to get $$ rewards. The upper management is great and the people here are all willing to help.

Cons

It's inside sales. Sometimes it feels a bit like a call center. But that's any inside sales job. Nothing to do with LJN

May 26, 2020CEO, President

Wow! Thanks! So appreciate reading this review. We are better together!

"unrealistic expectations"

Former Employee - Sales Account Executive

I worked at Infosoft Group full-time

Pros

location, staff, respect, and benefits.

Cons

everything else. sales quotas are crazy.

November 14, 2019CEO, President

Thanks for the feedback. I'm in complete agreement with you that our sales quotas must be based on achievable targets that are rooted in the best available market data. In conjunction with changes to the company leadership team, there have been a number of changes that have been made in our sales organization as well with regard to training, communication, alignment, lead gen and indeed sales targets. We will continue to make improvements to our process and organization to drive growth with the underlying rationale that our individual targets are aligned with the overall company growth goals. Wish you the best of luck!

"Enjoying my time here.....many positive changes taking place!"

4.0
    Current Employee - Anonymous in Milwaukee, WI

I have been working at Infosoft Group full-time for more than a year

Pros

Being the market and thought leader in the industry related to our OFCCP compliance solutions. Ability to work with colleagues who care about their work, are committed and friendly. Competitive pay, good work/life balance and many perks!

Cons

I'm a somewhat newer employee, but from what I've heard of previous leadership, the culture here used to be very different (micro-management, lead by fear, very rigid, etc). I'm amazed that so many seasoned people stayed to be honest. What's sad is that reputation is still hanging over us somewhat. But A LOT has changed. A new CEO came in within the last couple of months and he is terrific. He has promised change and we are starting to see some things come to fruition (office renovation, additional perks, more leads for the Sales team, addition of talent, etc). Communication in general to the employee population is so much better. The new CEO empowers management and others to make their own decisions - which is a new thing and long overdue. I feel the culture is already getting better!

September 10, 2019Vice President, Sales

Thank you for the feedback. As new leaders to the team, we are focused on transparency, positivity, share the 'Why", as well as empowerment. Glad this is resonating early and you feel it is making a positive impact. Thanks for taking the time to share.

"Big Brother Is Watching"

I worked at Infosoft Group full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Some good people. Good pay.

Cons

The most "command and control," toxic work environment imaginable. An old school job board that is only hanging on because of its compliance product.

November 14, 2019CEO, President

Hi, thanks for the review. I'm not sure when your tenure with LJN/Infosoft ended, but I respect your observations on our culture and first hand experiences. I joined Infosoft/LJN in May of 2019 and recognize that the culture I inherited was a bit top down. Command and control is term I heard from many within the company to describe the legacy leadership style. However, our previous leadership led the company with the best of intentions and achieved notable success. All organizations must evolve in order to ensure sustainable growth and it's apparent the culture and environment of LJN was ready for a change. I inherited a stable foundation and am confident with the right vision, team and focus we are well positioned to write the next chapter of growth for our stakeholders. Our culture will be one that never settles, is rooted in transparency and authenticity, will do good for our community and encourage diversity and inclusion. We can and will have some fun along the way. We've got great support from our board and our investors. You should stay close to us as we're building something special!

"Have a plan for your Exit before you start"

I have been working at Infosoft Group full-time for more than a year

Pros

- Thursday free lunch best part of the job & Company (That is sad statement) - Work from home 2 days a week second best part (Should be 4 days) - Base pay is very fair and competitive in comparison to the market of other inside sales jobs. (Problem is get use to base pay commissions are few and far between)

Cons

Where do I start. - Read all the negative reviews. They are all true don't write them off. It's easy to say oh probably disgruntled employees wrote that. NOT TRUE AT ALL - This is strangest place I have ever worked. It took me 6 months to put my finger on what is wrong with this place. I finally realized, its a want-to-be top employer. Its kind of like there is alot of window dressing but no meat or substance. For instance, we have a ping pong table that literally no one ever plays but once a year at a company event. Why is that? Because you don't feel like you can. Management would judge you negatively and wonder why are you not at your desk working. But they want you to think they are like a google or top tech firm. "Not even in the same sentence". I have family that works at those type of places. - You know something is not quite right when people quick the company immediately after the training in their first month in the company. I did not know the guy but others told me he was super talented and experienced. He said after the training he could tell he was told a big lie, that he would make $225 - $250K. So he quit right away after making calls for couple weeks. Smart Guy. - This place is just not authentic. Here is a funny story that says alot. They hire a new person and this guy does not speak to anyone. Now I thought he was just a weird dude. Then someone talked to him one day being very nice and he says I don't usually talk to people because I don't want to waste my time getting to know someone if they are not going to be here. The person said excuse me. He explained, this place has lots of turnover and why get to know someone that may not be here in couple months. Now I think the dude is very weird but he does have a interesting point. - They misrepresent earning potential. Across the board I have asked all the new employees what they told you will make they said from $120K to $200K. ITS A BIG FAT LIE. Does anyone at the company make that kind of money, YES they do. Has anyone ever made more than that. YES they have. So why is it a big fat LIE? 1. It takes about 6 months to figure out the company and what your really doing, the training is not good at all. 2. As a senior account executive you are not given any leads, its 100% cold calling. Well for most people that is the case. Some experienced folks get webinar leads. It has never been explained who gets leads and who does not. I think that is intentional. 3. Folks that made that type of money got paid on renewals (they took that away) then got paid residuals for multi year contracts (took that away) Some folks lost 40K - 100K of income due to that little change in comp. I will explain why I think they are taking away comp. in a second. 4. Ask the question how many sales people do you have? How many make $100K or more? If you get a true answer it will paint the picture for you. I don't know everyones comp. but since we are all given same base salary and you see everyones results I can tell you its less than 10% of employees making 6 figures. Heck its probably less than 1%. Only 3 out of 35 folks hitting their totally unrealistic quota kind of tells it all. - OK what is really going on at this company. I will tell you from experience what the deal is. Management may not even be aware. So Management this is for you as well. - THIS COMPANY IS IN THE PROCESS OF BEING SOLD. That is going to surprise some people I know. How could I possibly think this. I have seen it a dozen times. Here is what it looks like. - This company was sold by the original owner 2 years ago to a Private Equity firm. So ask yourself if you bought a company what would you want to see happen with your investment? You want it to Grow. Then if you could sell it for higher profit you made a great investment. That is exactly what the Private Equity firm is doing. People are getting frustrated that things are being taken away from the employees. #1 thing being Pay. Get ready employees you will continue to lose pay. Its not personal, its business. If you can pay employees that are producing less that helps the financial statement. Continue to hire employees to make it look like the company is growing. Reality you let new employees in the front door and send others out the back door. Never really hurting your bottom line. I don't want to bore you but just google how Private Equity firms operate this will educate you on what is happening. They are inflating the financial statement to potentially sell the company to a higher bidder. The thing that sucks when Private Equity firm does this is that there are alot of really nice people that get hurt along the way. Loss of income, flexibility, morale, etc. all suffers. I have seen this many times. - They created bad metrics goals that will put a new employee with the company less than 1 year on a performance improvement plan if they miss their metrics in any given month. Now that is bad. You could be in the company and out of the company in 6 to 9 months when it takes you 6 to 9 months to start to really figure things out. - Training / onboarding is extremely weak. It seems good at first until you learn the job you realize how bad it really was. - Exec. mgmt has only worked at this company. They don't have a clue, (no fault of their own) to what a successful company that empowers its people looks like. They want this company to be something it is not, cool, fun, hard working place. Again it's not totally their fault, they just don't know how to run a company. Jamie and Liz are very nice people and charming at the interview. - Everything you do is monitored. Reports upon reports. After awhile you start to feel violated and micromanaged. - Another thought for you considering to work at this place. I know I said alot of negative things. But I will say this. If you have a plan to work somewhere else this can be a good place to stop on your way to another employer. They are doing an awesome job hiring talented folks. They are not going to keep them. But while those folks are here you will meet some really cool people. I recommend don't sit in your cube all day, go meet the folks, ask them to lunch. You will find some very interesting backgrounds and you can do some awesome networking. They will have connections you may be able to leverage for your next job.

July 22, 2019CEO, President

Thank%20you%20for%20taking%20time%20to%20write%20this%20review.%20I%20appreciate%20constructive%20feedback%20%E2%80%93%20both%20positive%20and%20negative.%0D%0A%0D%0AI%20recently%20joined%20Infosoft%20Group%20in%20May%2C%202019%20as%20CEO.%20%20While%20this%20review%20was%20written%20prior%20to%20my%20arrival%2C%20it%E2%80%99s%20vital%20to%20our%20culture%20to%20openly%20acknowledge%20and%20address%20company%20reviews.%20%20%0D%0A%0D%0AWhile%20I%20can%E2%80%99t%20say%20I%20agree%20with%20all%20of%20your%20statements%20and%20recommendations%2C%20there%20are%20many%20reasonable%20points%20that%20you%E2%80%99ve%20made%20in%20your%20assessment%20of%20our%20company%2C%20our%20legacy%20direction%20and%20the%20corresponding%20recommendations.%20%20%0D%0A%0D%0AFurther%2C%20I%E2%80%99m%20confident%20to%20write%20in%20response%20that%20I%20too%20have%20been%20transparent%20with%20our%20team%20members%2C%20shared%20observations%20and%20provided%20forward%20looking%20vision%20where%20we%20must%20do%20better%20with%20regard%20to%20onboarding%2C%20training%2C%20lead%20generation%2C%20people%20management%2C%20work%20environment%2C%20communication%20and%20authenticity.%20%20%0D%0A%0D%0AIn%20the%20past%2C%20we%20will%20admit%20to%20having%20our%20share%20of%20turnover%2C%20especially%20within%20our%20sales%20team.%20Our%20Account%20Executive%20position%20involves%20a%20substantial%20amount%20of%20prospecting.%20This%20is%20something%20that%20we%20discuss%20in%20detail%20during%20the%20interview%20process.%20Unfortunately%2C%20there%20are%20some%20new%20hires%20that%20realize%20early%20on%20that%20the%20outbound%20dialing%20portion%20of%20the%20job%20is%20not%20for%20them.%20We%20agree%20that%20cold-calling%20is%20not%20for%20everyone%2C%20but%20for%20those%20have%20a%20desire%20to%20make%20calls%20and%20generate%20their%20own%20leads%2C%20they%20can%20be%20very%20successful.%20%20Furthermore%2C%20we%20have%20made%20an%20aggressive%20effort%20in%20parallel%20to%20rebuild%20our%20marketing%20organization%20with%20the%20ultimate%20vision%20of%20building%20a%20lead%20generation%20machine%20to%20support%20our%20prospecting%20efforts%20and%20positively%20influence%20the%20success%20of%20our%20sales%20team.%20%20%0D%0A%0D%0AWhile%20it%20is%20true%20that%20we%20did%20experience%20a%20change%20in%20ownership%20in%20December%20of%202016%2C%20I%20can%20say%20with%20certainty%20we%20are%20NOT%20in%20the%20process%20of%20being%20sold%20nor%20are%20we%20preparing%20to%20sell%20the%20company.%20%0D%0A%0D%0AIt%20is%20true%3B%20however%2C%20that%20we%20want%20to%20grow%20the%20company.%20%20Furthermore%2C%20we%20are%20indeed%20majority%20owned%20by%20a%20private%20equity%20firm.%20%20%20As%20with%20any%20business%2C%20its%20investors%20expect%20successful%20growth%20to%20earn%20a%20return%2C%20but%20our%20business%20strategy%20and%20operating%20decisions%20are%20made%20with%20a%20long%20term%20view%20of%20sustainable%20growth%20regardless%20of%20our%20ownership%20profile.%20%20Ultimately%2C%20building%20a%20growth-oriented%20culture%20means%20not%20only%20growing%20revenues%2C%20but%20also%20providing%20growth%20opportunities%20for%20our%20team%20as%20well.%20%20I%E2%80%99m%20confident%20in%20our%20foundation%20and%20that%20we%E2%80%99re%20on%20the%20right%20path!%0D%0A%0D%0AWe%20strive%20to%20be%20an%20Employer%20of%20Choice%20and%20are%20in%20the%20process%20of%20making%20changes%20to%20help%20us%20reach%20that%20goal.%20It%20will%3B%20however%2C%20take%20all%20of%20us%20openly%20discussing%20our%20culture%20and%20environment%20in%20order%20to%20make%20that%20happen.%20%0D%0A%0D%0ATo%20quote%20Steve%20Jobs%2C%20%E2%80%9CGreat%20things%20in%20business%20are%20never%20done%20by%20one%20person%2C%20they%20are%20done%20by%20a%20team%20of%20people.%E2%80%9D%20%20%0D%0A%0D%0AThanks%20for%20your%20assessment%20and%20I%E2%80%99m%20hopeful%20the%20past%20number%20of%20weeks%20have%20provided%20you%20a%20better%20indication%20of%20who%20we%20aspire%20to%20be.%20%20I%20appreciate%20you%20being%20on%20our%20team.%20%20%0D%0A%0D%0APatrick%20Sheahan%0D%0ACEO%2C%20President

"Great Opportunities"

Current Employee - Account Executive in Milwaukee, WI

I have been working at Infosoft Group full-time for more than a year

Pros

Great relationship with management, they listen to your concerns and will go to bat for you. Innovative products and constantly trying to advance which is good. Give you tools to succeed, like training and constant updates and helping us always adapt to an ever changing sales cycle. Also free lunch every Thursday, flex scheduling (can come in whenever in the morning), and ability to work from home. You handle the entire sales process until the sale is made.

Cons

Its inside sales, so be ready to be on the phones and sending emails.

"great comp, hard working colleagues"

I have been working at Infosoft Group full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

We have the best comp around, great opportunity to earn a lot of money. True sales career where you get out what you put in. Lots of fun contests and incentives. Generous PTO. Fun product to sell, something you can really stand behind, amazing colleagues who deliver on what we sell. Fast paced environment with solid sales process. Outside companies always compliment us as being top #1 of sales companies, and the skills you learn here you will use throughout your entire career.

Cons

Resources to help with productivity are sometimes limited to certain sales people. Flex time is not unlimited.

Continue reading

"I was asked to post a review..."

2.0
    Current Employee - Account Executive in Milwaukee, WI

I have been working at Infosoft Group full-time for more than a year

Pros

You will notice that all of a sudden that there have been multiple reviews posted, because it appears with the start of a year we also have a recruiting goal we need to hit. So, we are being pushed to have to write reviews to help recruit and push “negative” reviews to the bottom. There are some positive components that people had previously mentioned that I will hit on… free food on Thursdays, your coworkers are great people, downtown location, gym, XM radio… or filtered water and plants like they promote on our employee perks. One of the other positives is that this company does NOT micromanage as much as these reviews explain that it did.

Cons

I want to start by saying that I wasn’t planning to ever write a review, I felt like the reviews on here could already paint a picture for people well enough. However, because of the insane pressure that our salesforce has received to post a review, I thought I would give my 2 cents. Since I have been at this company, they have used multiple meetings to slip in verbiage referencing how “because we are the best place to work, you should write a review.” We are also getting bombarded by our leadership team to post reviews directly now. The reality is… they can’t hire and recruit people here, and they think it’s just because of Glassdoor. Sure Glassdoor is a big part, but retention in general is an issue here. Let me tell you why… From the first week I started here, there were already changes. They painted this wonderful picture for me in my interview and offer about what this place was going to be like… how much money I could make. I saw a trends document that explained I could make over $200,000… because, the “top sales people made this.” They failed to tell me that was because those top sales people were still earning money on customers… which I found out I would never have. Even those top sales people will never make that money again, because this company took away all of their customers. Therefore, the most salespeople will make at this company would be about $100,000 - $120,000 at the top of their career. However, you will probably average about $60,000 - $70,000 a year. They originally told me that we keep residuals on our pay year after year for sales we put through, but have recently changed this as well. That is a huge chunk of salary taken away that I thought I’d have to grow in pay year after year. It appears that leadership wants to now paint a picture for people that our company has changed, because we have new ownership. I wasn’t here during that time, and reading some of these reviews, it appears that there has been changes. However, it still isn’t “what it’s all cracked up to be.” A few of the things that seem to be the same… They still lead by fear. We are told we could go on a performance plan if we aren’t to a specific % to our goals. Goals are extremely unobtainable, and are based on absolutely nothing… as no one has hit these numbers in years. To come into a company that I already took a pay decrease, and then realizing I won’t ever make the money they told me… it would be nice to actually hit some goals to feel good about myself. However, that doesn’t seem to be a common trend here. In addition to the above, many of us have started to wonder what a professional career would like look here. There’s a lack of career path, and with the removal of customers (when they told me I would have them), it appears that every day will be the exact same… cold calling, cold emailing, etc. There is zero growth opportunity on a professional or financial level here. It is strictly a job to put on a resume and move somewhere else shortly after. You need to make sure that you have had some kind of professional sales experience before you come here, because you will have zero support, training and development opportunities. The managers are all new, and although they can offer some support overall, they lack knowledge about our services and redirect us over to senior sales people to answer any question. They told me when I interviewed that there are mentors and trainers to assist, but no one has time to ever answer questions that I have. We are told that we can’t talk to people at certain times, and are generally forced to have to bother someone else around us who can answer better than our leadership team can. The biggest change they continue to talk about is flex perks. If you were to read about companies who have great flex opportunities, ours would not be one to compete. Our job could be a 100% remote position, but they don’t trust employees to work from home unless you hit these outrageous goals…. Which no one hits. Flex hours are not flex hours as most companies explain them. You have the ability to come in at a certain time, but it’s restricted to specific hours. It is not completely flex. I am fortunate to not have kids right now, but I know that I couldn’t ever have them if I worked at this place. They don’t seem to be very “family friendly,” and lack benefits and perks related to time off, maternity/paternity leave, etc. Parking is nonexistent for a year. You better be comfortable with parking further away to be able to afford to pay for parking every day. Because, you won’t have the opportunity to work from home… so you will be paying every single day. If you do come to work here… be prepared for the following: 1) That you will have to find all of your prospects… you will not be given leads; as leads are pretty much nonexistent. 2) Your pay will change multiple times within a year. 3) You will be excited about a potential flex change, and then it will be taken away shortly after. 4) You will be monitored if you are away on your computer; as our system alerts people if you are away for more than 10 minutes. 5) You will never get a bonus or a holiday gift; as many companies do. 6) You will get to know a coworker who sits next to you, and then will leave the next day. (Even people who had been here for years when they leave aren’t recognized for their contributions) 7) You will have to figure out your own answers to your questions; as managers don’t even know what OFCCP stands for (our money making service). 8) You will need to love the phone… making 100+ dials a day… but, making more if you don’t hit your goals… which, again, are completely unobtainable. 9) Lack of ongoing training and continuous support… as you will have one solid week of training, but will struggle to find the one trainer when you need to, moving forward. This is because they have multiple people that they are supposed to help. Again, we don’t have mentors like they told me. 10) The people you interview with our Managers that are pushing us to post glassdoor reviews, so ask the right questions… and prepare for “manager related” answers.

Continue reading

"Great pay, great culture, great benefits"

4.0

I have been working at Infosoft Group full-time for less than a year

Pros

Extremely helpful co-workers, great benefits and compensation. Infosoft allows you to work your own schedule and be as successful as you want. I have been in sales for a long time and the commission structure is by far the best I have ever experienced.

Cons

Nothing really. Just most of the sales managers are very new to the organization and are ramping up.

Continue reading

"Love working here so far great culture and great people. Leadership is in tune with employees. Nice perks & benefits."

I have been working at Infosoft Group full-time for less than a year

Pros

The culture is great here. People are very friendly and knowledgeable. Like the ability to work from home. Commission rates are very good. Open door policy with leadership and they are very transparent. They are also very fluid..if something is not working..they are willing to A)Listen & B)Make a change. Working downtown is fun as well. Food days are great.

Cons

Not many cons...just continue to move in the right direction. The healthcare benefit is a little expensive but it covers a lot!! So you really save on the back-end. I expect great things.

Found 89 reviews