Inmarsat Reviews | Glassdoor.co.uk

Full-timePart-time

Inmarsat CEO Rupert Pearce
Rupert Pearce

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • Inmarsat have very good benefits that go beyond what you might class the standard corporate offering (in 5 reviews)

• Great people at the initial and first tier of management (in 4 reviews)

Cons
  • Senior Management needs to know the amount of work and the numbers of products supported (in 5 reviews)

• Too heavy at the top in the business units with fewer people to do the job (in 3 reviews)

1. "A great place to work!"

Current Employee - Business Partner in London, England
    Current Employee - Business Partner in London, England

I have been working at Inmarsat full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Having recently joined Inmarsat I have been inspired by what we do and what we stand for. The culture and the people are great and you have a real opportunity to make a difference. The company is on a real transformational journey and you feel part of it. What's not to like about a company that provides satellite communications to major global sporting events like the Dakar Rally, Volvo Ocean Race as well as humanitarian and disaster relief efforts in the Caribbean (after Hurricane Irma) :-)

Cons

All positive. Nothing negative to report

Advice to Management

Keep on doing a good job

18 Oct 2017

Feedback is a gift and we're grateful that you've taken the time to leave this. We're proud to hear that you're feeling inspired and speak so highly of our culture. We wish you a long and... More

2. "So much potential"

Former Employee - Project Manager in London, England
    Former Employee - Project Manager in London, England

I worked at Inmarsat full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great people and environment to work in.

Cons

So many hoops to jump through to get things done. Too heavy at the top in the business units with fewer people to do the job.

Advice to Management

Overload on the management side and lack of awareness of the satellite consumer market. Management

11 Oct 2017

Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts. We appreciate and value all feedback provided to us so that we can continuously look at ways to make Inmarsat an even greater place to work.

3. "Excellent"

Pros

Two weeks of work experience - friendly team and lovely people

Cons

Canteen not so great, working in a limited area

Advice to Management

keep it up!

9 Oct 2017

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review, we love to hear positive feedback and it's great to know that such an impression was made in just two weeks. We hope you will consider Inmarsat as a... More

5. "Business Support"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in London, England
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in London, England

I have been working at Inmarsat full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Fascinating business with exciting growth plans. The business is also going through a period of change which is exciting and also challenging. For those joining now will have the opportunity to help shape the business for the future.
    Inmarsat have very good benefits that go beyond what you might class the standard corporate offering.
    It's a very social business with everyone I have met prepared to help you settle in and feel part of the business.
    A work life balance is achievable

Cons

Too early to say at present

Advice to Management

Stick to the plans in place and Inmarsat will be an even greater force in the market for years to come and a very appealing employer.

"No room for career progression in the Global Customer Operations department"

Former Employee - Customer Support Consultant in London, England
    Former Employee - Customer Support Consultant in London, England

I worked at Inmarsat full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

- People are nice
    - Good location
    - Office is okay
    - Good staff benefits
    - Decent salary

Cons

- Rubbish bonuses
    - Difficult to progress in some departments
    - All about who you know
    - Can be stressful

Advice to Management

Stop holding employers back from career progression in the company just for your own benefit.

7. "Total focus on bottom line, at expense of people"

Former Employee - BD Manager in London, England
    Former Employee - BD Manager in London, England

I worked at Inmarsat full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Cool industry, with very knowledgeable and interesting people

Cons

Short term contract senior executives are driven solely by revenues in order to extend their contracts, and this has a negative effect on employee as well was office environment.

8. "Innovative company need better management"

Pros

Have opportunities to learn a lot and be at the center of all critical satellite operations globally

Cons

Need better upper management to streamline processes

9. "Needs cohesive management"

I worked at Inmarsat full-time

Pros

Great sector to work in, exciting new products and changes within the market.

Cons

Changes within organisational structure needs to be realistically managed. Excessive internal competition is evident but unnecessary. Management needs to be monitored for accountability.

Advice to Management

Be realistic with goals set for a long term benefit. Monitor management to eliminate office politics.

"Enthusiastic at first but poor management, poor communication, shifting priorities lack of management accountability."

Pros

Potential to be a great company but this will take a long time. Management don't realise that collaboration a support are key to success within such a large global company.

The salary is great, benefits are very good but there will be a price to pay.

Aviation is the best department.

Cons

Everyone keeps themselves to themselves. Unable to be proactive without stepping on someone's toes.
    No collaboration from department to department. Management blame the team for lack of delivery within unrealistic timescales.

The director does not promote unity to get things done together and cooperate with one another.

Lots of politics, bureaucracy, old systems, forever changing processes, high turnover of staff and lack of responsible managers who blame their staff for their own inconsistencies.

Advice to Management

Wake up, lead by example, collaborate, unify, work together to get it done, support your staff, give credit to those who work hard - Global Beam doesn't cut it!
    Staff need to valued in order to drive them to do well for one another.

Stuart Pearce get involved with each department, make each department support each other. Walk around the building, speak to your staff, engage with them - make yourself know and approachable to all staff. Monitor your management for they are competing and collaborating with each other causing tension, high turnover and resentment.

9 Feb 2017 – HR Administrator

Thank you for your open review. We are supporters and enablers of collaborative working and engagement, and this is why it is concerning to read that you felt so much frustration.

Our aim is to... More

"Growth business, old fashioned corporate company culture"

Current Employee - Analyst in London, England
    Current Employee - Analyst in London, England

I have been working at Inmarsat full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Growth strategies particularly in aviation, exciting times as company is within transformation process, high paced, can be involved in a lot and learn and gain valuable experience, exceptional quality of employees, highly knowledgeable, pioneering products, forward looking, setting the standards in the industry, proud to work at Inmarsat

Cons

old fashioned company corporate culture, highly competitive, lack of transparency, sharing and teamwork among employees, lack of training and employee growth plans, tough to go up in the organisation, highly political, employees are not enabled to unleash full potential

Advice to Management

Focus on employees, focus on training senior management and change mindset, new generation employees will not put up with current practices, examine how agile companies really work and what practices/processes they put in place and how change culture improves productivity and links to improved bottom line results, otherwise u ll start losing market share from competition and the problem will lie within not in the products