Inmarsat Reviews | Glassdoor.co.uk

Inmarsat CEO Rupert Pearce
Rupert Pearce

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
Cons
  • Senior management dont follow the company values which they preach staff to follow (in 7 reviews)

• Too heavy at the top in the business units with fewer people to do the job (in 4 reviews)

"Proud to be part of Inmarsat"

Current Employee - Executive Assistant in London, England
    Current Employee - Executive Assistant in London, England

I have been working at Inmarsat full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

I am proud of what we do in Inmarsat, from launching satellites in orbit to providing telecommunication in the most remote regions of the World, providing safety and quite often saving lives.

From an employee perspective, I feel looked after, supported and rewarded working in Inmarsat. Some examples: employee package (pension, health care ...), flexible working improving the employees work/life balance and finally the training, coaching and mentoring vision helping employees to grow and shape their career/personal development plans

Cons

Due to the number of different teams, departments, divisions, Business Units... communication and consistency are sometimes lacking

6 Dec 2017

Thank you for taking the time to leave such a heart warming review of life at Inmarsat as well as commenting on our generous benefits.
    As a business we're immensely proud of what we do, so it's nice... More

2. "Senior management not fulfilling Inmarsat's potential"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in London, England
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in London, England

I worked at Inmarsat full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

-Great staff to work with of which the majority put the company first.
    -Good staff benefits
    -Allows you the opportunity to grow on a professional basis (although this wont benefit one financially while remaining at Inmarsat)
    -High tech industry which is very stimulating even for non-industry related employees

Cons

-Salaries are beneath market value in certain departments.
    -Rudderless and unproven CEO in directing where the company should be heading, which is validated by history of share price while being in charge.
    -Untrustworthy management who will cut staff salaries, yet continually state how they value the staff, while retaining their right to undeserving bonus share awards.
    -Senior management dont follow the company values which they preach staff to follow.

Advice to Management

Stop being so deceitful to staff, it will eventually catch up with you in the long run. Stop using the company for your personal benefit, if as much effort was actually put into moving the business forward we could see a more fair reflection of what the share price should actually be sitting at.

3. "A great place to work!"

Current Employee - Business Partner in London, England
    Current Employee - Business Partner in London, England

I have been working at Inmarsat full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Having recently joined Inmarsat I have been inspired by what we do and what we stand for. The culture and the people are great and you have a real opportunity to make a difference. The company is on a real transformational journey and you feel part of it. What's not to like about a company that provides satellite communications to major global sporting events like the Dakar Rally, Volvo Ocean Race as well as humanitarian and disaster relief efforts in the Caribbean (after Hurricane Irma) :-)

Cons

All positive. Nothing negative to report

Advice to Management

Keep on doing a good job

18 Oct 2017

Feedback is a gift and we're grateful that you've taken the time to leave this. We're proud to hear that you're feeling inspired and speak so highly of our culture. We wish you a long and... More

"Mis-management on major scale, no scope for progression, unhappy staff, male-heavy and 'white' environment, nepotism"

Current Employee - Manager in London, England
    Current Employee - Manager in London, England

I have been working at Inmarsat full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Some great people overall, it's a shame that good people are now being made redundant as a result of gross mis-management and the aviation business unit spending their way into a deep black hole. Flexible working available which is helpful for working parents. Good work-life balance.

Cons

Gross negligence by management that allowed the extreme overspend which has resulted in a mass redundancy programme. White, male-heavy management team. If you're female this is a place to avoid as you won't receive the opportunity for progression but will routinely be subjected to sexual harassment/discrimination which will go ignored if you dare raise to management. CEO and CFO happy to receive a 100% bonus plus uplift despite poor performance from the company as a whole, and drop from FTSE 100 to 250. Bullying is commonplace and widely ignored by HR who will protect senior management at all costs. Nepotism is rife, it’s clear that those that are lucky enough to receive promotions usually have close relations which the person who promoted them.

Advice to Management

Stop penalising the people that played no part in the gross overspend carried out by the Aviation and CTO divisions. Introduce a flat structure, there are far too many VPs/Directors and middle managers who haven't a clue what they're doing and behave like dictators to mask their incompetence.

20 Nov 2017

We are extremely concerned to read this review. Inmarsat has zero tolerance for any form of harassment, discrimination or bullying. We’re also strong advocates of an open culture whereby we actively... More

6. "Lots of disruption"

I have been working at Inmarsat full-time

Pros

The people are nice and generally willing to help and friendly

Cons

So much change - the company doesn't know what it wants to be, and

Advice to Management

Decide on a strategy, stick to it and invest in it

7. "So much potential"

Former Employee - Project Manager in London, England
    Former Employee - Project Manager in London, England

I worked at Inmarsat full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great people and environment to work in.

Cons

So many hoops to jump through to get things done. Too heavy at the top in the business units with fewer people to do the job.

Advice to Management

Overload on the management side and lack of awareness of the satellite consumer market. Management

11 Oct 2017

Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts. We appreciate and value all feedback provided to us so that we can continuously look at ways to make Inmarsat an even greater place to work.

8. "Excellent"

Pros

Two weeks of work experience - friendly team and lovely people

Cons

Canteen not so great, working in a limited area

Advice to Management

keep it up!

9 Oct 2017

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review, we love to hear positive feedback and it's great to know that such an impression was made in just two weeks. We hope you will consider Inmarsat as a... More

"Review"

I have been working at Inmarsat full-time

Pros

Pay and benefits are generally at or above industry norms

Cons

Far to much silo operation. Management ego plays a big part in all decisions which are not transparent and often not aligned to company goals. Too hard to make any difference and doing so is not recognised or rewarded due to egos and politics.

Advice to Management

Some concern that there is a level of 'corruption' with senior managers too aligned to some suppliers that influences decisions towards some existing relationships in a very unhealthy way that is counter to the companies good health.

10 Nov 2017

We were very concerned to read your post. Feedback is extremely important to us and we would welcome the opportunity to discuss this with you in confidence as we are constantly striving to improve... More

10. "Business Support"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in London, England
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in London, England

I have been working at Inmarsat full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Fascinating business with exciting growth plans. The business is also going through a period of change which is exciting and also challenging. For those joining now will have the opportunity to help shape the business for the future.
    Inmarsat have very good benefits that go beyond what you might class the standard corporate offering.
    It's a very social business with everyone I have met prepared to help you settle in and feel part of the business.
    A work life balance is achievable

Cons

Too early to say at present

Advice to Management

Stick to the plans in place and Inmarsat will be an even greater force in the market for years to come and a very appealing employer.

"No room for career progression in the Global Customer Operations department"

Former Employee - Customer Support Consultant in London, England
    Former Employee - Customer Support Consultant in London, England

I worked at Inmarsat full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

- People are nice
    - Good location
    - Office is okay
    - Good staff benefits
    - Decent salary

Cons

- Rubbish bonuses
    - Difficult to progress in some departments
    - All about who you know
    - Can be stressful

Advice to Management

Stop holding employers back from career progression in the company just for your own benefit.