Innovate UK Reviews | Glassdoor.co.uk

Innovate UK Reviews

Updated Dec 6, 2019

3.4
Innovate UK   (no image)
  1. "Supportive and interesting place to work"

Current Employee - Compliance Executive

I have been working at Innovate UK full-time for more than a year

Pros

Good training opportunities, lots of opportunities to develop and progress, great managers.

Cons

benefits are changing and we have lost our bonus

Innovate UK2019-11-27
  2. "Extended a 6 month contract to 9 months, Great place to work & great colleagues."

Former Contractor - Lead Digital Analyst in London, England

I worked at Innovate UK for less than a year

Pros

Personal experience - Very competitive contract rates although it was a position of need. Extremely flexible working throughout a variety of transport and health issuse, I was able to still contribute just as much from home as I could at the office, in terms of work at least.

Cons

-Location/Commute depending on where you live -Usual things a government organisation sees, budget squeezes, competition between tech vendors, lack of talented permanent employees for various reasons. No news here for anyone with public sector experience but maybe something for Graduates or anyone with only private sector experience to keep in mind. - Nothing at all that could be considered a major problem.

Advice to Management

Thumbs up from me to both the project managers I worked with as well as the numerous developers, UX designers, product owners and all the rest. Also helped out some other areas of the organisation and really don't have a bad thing to say.

Innovate UK2019-07-14
  3. "Interesting"

I have been working at Innovate UK full-time

Pros

interesting and wide ranging work, great colleagues

Cons

none that i have experienced

Innovate UK2019-02-26
  4. "A great place to work and a great place to develop"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Swindon, Wiltshire, South West England, England

I have been working at Innovate UK full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

- Great development opportunities for those willing to work hard and apply themselves - A warm, friendly and open environment - Great flexibility for staff - Lots of training opportunities - A majority of managers open to mentoring and supporting staff with their career development - Highly engaged colleagues, passionate about their work - A range of policies and processes to support colleagues facing... difficulties (both in and out of work) - Rewarding hard-work and a positive, can-do approach - Demonstrable career development (if you are willing to take feedback, grow and improve) - A real purpose that supports the UK economy

Cons

- A fair amount of change (not controlled by Innovate UK) - Employee's based in different locations can mean not seeing certain colleagues a lot

Advice to Management

- Share best practice with one another, some exceptional managers with really great approaches that could be valuable to all

Innovate UK2017-09-25
  5. "Great"

Former Freelancer - Project Manager in London, England
    No Opinion of CEO

I worked at Innovate UK for more than a year

Pros

There was a great culture, and a good work life balance. I had a great experience working with the employees here.

Cons

Nothing bad to say really!

Innovate UK2017-05-22
  6. "Working at Innovate UK"

I worked at Innovate UK

Pros

Positive, results-focused culture. Expert and knowledgeable colleagues. Knowing that the work you're doing makes a difference to small and growing businesses, and contributes to the health of the U.K. economy.

Cons

Inter-departmental politics - but only sometimes Lots of field-based colleagues can slow response times. Partnership working with other organisations needs careful handling to maximise outcomes.

Advice to Management

I worked at Innovate as a contractor and really enjoyed the experience. My goals were clear, my managers supportive and the work itself was fascinating. Keep on doing what you do.

Innovate UK2016-10-31
  7. "Nice people"

Former Contractor - Administrative Assistant in Swindon, Wiltshire, South West England, England

I worked at Innovate UK for less than a year

Pros

Nice people Interesting work Good Bistro Close to train station

Cons

Gaining access to the IT systems is confusing - too many points of contact to get access and then to get the right level of access and finally who to ask for help when problems occur dependent on where the issue is.

Advice to Management

Get a one point of contact who will own your request until completion rather than being passed from team to team

Innovate UK2019-07-31

"A dynamic and worthwhile organisation"

Former Employee - Head of Corporate Communications

I worked at Innovate UK full-time

Pros

Sense of mission and reward; surrounded by bright and enthusiastic people; a dynamic and challenging environment.

Cons

Many competing priorities; uncertainty pending merger into UKRI.

Innovate UK2019-07-10
  9. "Good pay, family friendly and welcoming"

Current Employee - Administrative in Swindon, Wiltshire, South West England, England

I have been working at Innovate UK full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Good pay with supportive management who invest in their staff. Family friendly company and you feel like you are making a real difference to the UK economy. Bright, clean lovely working environment.

Cons

Staff canteen could be better and car parking an issue.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what your doing

Innovate UK2018-03-22
  10. "Good people, good future"

I have been working at Innovate UK

Pros

Ideas are listened to. High levels of respect

Cons

Pockets of poor management. Not enough focus on efficiency

Innovate UK2017-06-20