Innovative Technology and Science Reviews

Updated 8 Jan 2020

2.4
  1. "A great environment to work at. Beyond phenomenal Team!"

5.0
    Former Employee - Engineer in Cambridge, Gloucestershire, South West England, England

I worked at Innovative Technology and Science full-time for more than a year

Pros

- The team and culture at innoTecUK is unmatched. - You need to think proactively - the right enthusiasm will have you managing your own project(s) in no time if you're willing to put in the extra time. - Its small so communication between departments is pretty quick in comparison to the bigger companies - Pub nights with the colleagues. The highlight of everyone's week

Cons

- You might need a car to get down to the office that's a limitation of working in the beautiful country side. - The annoying geese on Hildersham road

July 20, 2020HR/Operations Manager

Thank you for your comments, the company has seen positive changes over the past year and proactive and enthusiasm are key to the organisation's progression.

2. "Not too bad . . ."

Current Employee - Engineer

I have been working at Innovative Technology and Science full-time for more than a year

Pros

Flexible working hours. Early starts and finishes

Cons

Lack of leadership from management. Lack of direction

July 20, 2020HR/Operations Manager

Thank you for your comment. We have new leadership from the beginning of this year and have seen huge improvement in leadership and company strategy, direction. I am sure you will now be seeing the benefits.

3. "The worst ever"

Former Employee - Consultant

I worked at Innovative Technology and Science full-time for less than a year

Pros

Free parking and free instant coffee.

Cons

I agree with other reviewers that I wouldn't recommend it to my worst enemy.

July 20, 2020HR/Operations Manager

Thank you for your honest review and very sorry to hear of your negative experience. We have new leadership and directorship since the beginning of 2020, we are receiving positive feedback from employees on the employee engagement and inclusiveness and staff morale.

4. "Poor attendance to interns"

Former Intern - Intern Engineer in Cambridge, England

I worked at Innovative Technology and Science for less than a year

Pros

- practised Solidworks use but not much more

Cons

- not much attention was paid to interns - other staff were busy so did not mentor us - often sat at desk without any work to do - company is extremely inaccessible - management wasted the limited time we had at the company asking us to 'perfect' a report to their taste

July 20, 2020HR/Operations Manager

Thank you for your comment. We have taken on board your experience and should we receive internships in the future, we shall do so with a clear strategy to benefit both parties.

5. "New Management, Improved Company"

Current Employee - Project Manager in Cambridge, England

I have been working at Innovative Technology and Science full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

We have new management within InnoTecUK, our Chief Operations Officer and his new team are working tirelessly to fix pre-management practices and implement best practice. Right now we are all working together to take InnoTecUK from a 'place to work' to a great company to work for. Department structure has been changed offering personal development opportunities for Engineers.

Cons

This is a time of transition, especially within the Engineering Department, but new department structure is having a positive affect on working practices and staff morale. The new offices has given us much more space with reception and conference areas. The rural location we can't do anything about for now, but car sharing is encouraged.

July 20, 2020HR/Operations Manager

Thank you for your comments, indeed management are working on continuous improvements throughout the company to ensure a great place to work for all staff, in addition to being a sustainable organisation.

6. "Great Innovative Robotics Company in Cambridge"

5.0

I have been working at Innovative Technology and Science full-time

Pros

-Employees are valued and a great support is provided in the best possible way, -Family friendly/work-life balance and flexible working environment, -Management is open to new ideas and suggestions, -Team gatherings and activities, -Potential for growth professionally and personally, -Amazing talented supportive colleagues and teams, -Very happy and long term sustained clients due to excellent work and services of Innotec, -High ambitious and innovative product development and R&D Company,

Cons

-No Public Transport to the office, -Lack of branding efforts and more detailed human capital management strategy,

7. "Dynamic company"

4.0
    Current Employee - Business Head in Cambridge, England

Pros

Robotics and automation company just outside Cambridge

Cons

Young team provides both opportunities and challenges

Continue reading
  8. "Big management issues"

I have been working at Innovative Technology and Science full-time

Pros

You get the opportunity to work in many different and challenging projects

Cons

Too many projects for only a few engineers Not enough managers, engineers do quite a lot of project management Some managers are not knowledgeable and have a big ego Far outside of Cambridge, with bad links to the public transport

"Poorly organised company"

I worked at Innovative Technology and Science full-time

Pros

Projects can be diverse and very challenging

Cons

No resource management when it comes to projects. No external training offered. You will learn bad practices as the working environment is chaotic. Management don't care that engineers are overburdened and leave the company.

"Project Engineer"

Former Employee - Project Engineer

I worked at Innovative Technology and Science full-time for more than a year

Pros

NON! For first weeks you will be very happy, until you realise the truth.

Cons

InnoTecUK in a nutshell: They will promise you things with intention of never making it happen. They will tell you, there are more than 26 employees and that they are in operation since 2009 (but no one ever worked for them longer than 2 years!). They use pirate software every day and CEO is OK with that! They will tell you that they have done more than 30 projects (but not even one successful!) They take money from Innovate UK and EU with clear intention of never making it happen.

Viewing 1 - 10 of 14 English Reviews