Insights Reviews | Glassdoor.co.uk

Full-timePart-time

2.8
Andy Lothian

Sort: PopularRatingDate

"Inspiring company with an inspiring mission"

I have been working at Insights full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

A great company driven by passionate people, who believe in what they are doing

Cons

Systems are not great, but show me a company where they are!

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you are doing - living the mission.

"Talks the talk but doesn't walk the walk"

I worked at Insights full-time

Pros

Good environment if you are in the right team!

Cons

Very little personal development which is especially poor! Old guard run the business and don't/won't listen to newer members of staff.

"Self awareness company that lacks self awareness"

I have been working at Insights full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Fantastic product
    Relaxed working environment
    Many great people who are passionate about what they do

Cons

Passive aggressive culture
    Antiquated systems
    Leadership lacks self awareness
    Lack of agility
    Lack of accountability
    Inability to learn from past mistakes

Advice to Management

There are many passionate people at Insights who are being let down by the you. Almost everyone I know is looking for another job, or considering looking for another job. Many of these people love what Insights stands for but they simply cannot tolerate the continual mess that is being made by leaders who are clueless and out of touch with reality.

The salaries are a mess ( in Dundee) new people are coming in (with less experience) being paid more than existing staff. Some teams have pretty much everyone on different salaries. There are no salary bands and if you apply for a job internally they will not tell you the salary. Insights is not a living wage employer and that is shameful. For a company that talks the talk, you do NOT walk the walk! Step up and make changes before you have no staff (or reputation) left!

"“In a gentle way, you can shake the world.” Gandhi"

I worked at Insights full-time

Pros

In the years prior to the current global restructuring process, in the country I lived in, there were good reasons to work for Insights: There were people who cared and supported each other, who were highly engaged, customer focused, and had that entrepreneurial spirit that made Insights successful up to now.

They were passionate about the work Insights did, and were aware of the culture and unique qualities of the particular business environment of their country. There was strong year after year growth. There was real stability in the leadership team, sales team and all the various highly talented and committed support teams who, despite the deeply flawed customer ordering and finance systems, managed to delight Insights customers on a consistent basis.

This all changed for the worse when the global restructuring began to take place. While globalization, serving clients across the globe consistently, segmenting customers and matching value to value makes good business sense conceptually, the implementation strategy was deeply flawed, rushed and so far has under delivered on promises. The business has suffered financially, employee morale and engagement is at an all time low, and departures of personnel at the senior leadership team, sales team and support team levels are unprecedented.

What used to be a unique, cohesive, fun, quirky, successful place to work has become anything but that. If you want just a job, then maybe Insights will work for you. But don't expect an environment where you can give your blood, sweat and tears and be well rewarded emotionally, career wise and financially. What we have here is a company who happens to have a great core product and that is it.

Cons

Executive leadership team narcissism
    Passive aggressive culture: back stabbing, gossip, quick to judge, long lasting opinions formed based on hearsay
    No new major product releases in over 6 years, and the one that was released was a niche product, unable to generate any significant $$
    Inability to innovate or to be agile
    It must be built here mentality
    Executive leadership team has no L&D leadership experience outside of their time at Insights-limited world view of the industry
    Questioning the current strategy is a death sentence
    Decision making held in the hands of the very few, at the very top
    People below executive leadership are afraid to give honest feedback to the executive team

Advice to Management

I think I have said enough

5. "Exciting and different company to work for, with a great purpose"

Former Employee - Support Staff in Dundee, Scotland
    Former Employee - Support Staff in Dundee, Scotland

I worked at Insights full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Nothing like this in Dundee, never mind Scotland- felt lucky to work there. Great office environment full of very very passionate people. Able to interact with lots of very interesting and smart employees from around the world. The company has a brilliant purpose and SO much potential to do so much good in the world, and certainly will when the business is all moving in the same direction.

Cons

The customer support structure and systems are clunky, which is frustrating. The company is putting a lot of effort into fixing this at the moment though, with a huge project to redesign the process from end to end, which is very much needed and highly anticipated.

Advice to Management

Communicate changes and updates on big projects more regularly. This will keep people engaged and give them forward momentum

"Strong and inspiring purpose, people at the heart of the Company Culture"

Current Employee - Manager in Dundee, Scotland
    Current Employee - Manager in Dundee, Scotland

I have been working at Insights full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Colleagues are fantastic. From many different backgrounds but with a clear focus on together creating a world where people truly understand themselves and others, and are inspired to make a positive difference in everything they do.

A growing business with an increasing global foot print. Lots of opportunities for people to experience personal growth, learning about themselves and others.

Cons

There is a lot of change going on and the environment is fast paced. That's not everyone's cup of tea but I think the change will only add good things to the overall work experience with the Company.

Advice to Management

Listen and act on feedback in as timely a manner as you can.

"Interesting, Inspiring, I Miss You Guys, Truly Fantastic !!!!"

I worked at Insights full-time

Pros

Outstanding products and solutions, Discovery is a tool I still use now, I read my report every week and use the methodology in ever dealing I have in my current role.
    The people are fantastic, across all departments, fun, friendly helpful.
    Andy Lothian is a true inspiration, at first can be difficult to read but well worth the effort to get to know, a true gentleman, friendly, funny and deeply supportive as is his entire leadership.
    All I can say is, if you have the opportunity to join, do it !!! Grasp it, learn it, and enjoy your career, I left and have regretted it many many times over the last few years.
    In my time at Insights, I had the privilege of travelling globally, meeting clients and colleagues, every trip was incredible.
    Join Insights and don't be tempted to move on for the wrong reasons.

Cons

As with any business you have small pockets of people who frankly just need to get over the challenges life have thrown at them, and look the future, stop being negative towards a company that have employed you for many years, they owe you nothing, you owe them a lot.

To be objective, the only con I can think of is, sometimes, and only sometimes you can overlook peoples experience, you hire to bring experience in to the business, don't then dilute or cap the energy and experience you have !!!

Thats it, nothing else I can say.

Advice to Management

Keep doing everything you do, you have an incredible business, incredible people and are incredible people.

Take my thanks please, for the opportunity you gave me and the lessons I learned.

Truly fantastic company.

"Great company to work for"

Pros

The people, the culture the sense of belonging is fantastic. People want to help and collaborate and go the extra mile because they want to.

Cons

There are no cons at Insights

Advice to Management

Delighted to work for such a great business

"Love my job and love this company!"

I have been working at Insights full-time

Pros

- Amazing on-boarding experience which really sets all newbies up for success
    - Great culture, supportive of personal development and progression
    - Growing, global organisation which means there are always lots of exciting opportunities and projects to get involved with
    - Encourages employees to bring their whole selves to work and supports a healthy work/life balance
    - Insights now also has some brilliant benefits in addition to competitive salaries

Cons

- Insights is fast-paced and at the moment there's a real focus on productivity and growth, as we aim to double the size of the business. That's really exciting to be a part of however, it's just something to be mindful of as it may be a bit of challenge to those who maybe aren't used to that pace of work. We do have a great culture though which, along with the leaders of business and their teams, fully support employees during this busy and exciting period of growth.

"Insights family enabling my career success"

Current Employee - IT Service Delivery Engineer in Dundee, Scotland
    Current Employee - IT Service Delivery Engineer in Dundee, Scotland

I have been working at Insights full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Insights is full of great people. My experience is that the company truly care about my personal development and aspirations. Experts in their field, Insights help employees and customers truly understand themselves and others.

There is a focus on 'Enjoying the Journey' which, for me, means really connecting with peers and colleagues all over the world on a personal level.

Insights is an exciting place to work because of the opportunities at every step of the journey.

Cons

In the middle of explosive growth, we are still caught up getting the basics and foundations of a global organisation in place. With the right people on board, I believe we are now beginning to build something really powerful and exciting

Advice to Management

Continue to keep people's personal goals a focus. It's what makes Insights unique. I believe. with the personal commitment from management, people can really get passionate about work.