Insights Reviews | Glassdoor.co.uk

2.4
Fiona Logan
1 Rating

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • "There are some great people here with the potential to make a huge difference" (in 7 reviews)

• "Encourages employees to bring their whole selves to work and supports a healthy work/life balance" (in 4 reviews)

Cons
  • "Insecurity seems to be at the root of this problem, resulting in passive-aggressive behaviour" (in 3 reviews)

• "It is still a company that's growing up, and so there is a lot of change; if you don't like change this won't be the company for you" (in 2 reviews)

"Amazing place to work if you're willing to graft, be flexible and have a change mindset"

Current Employee - Client Services
    Current Employee - Client Services

I have been working at Insights full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Very exciting things happening at Insights. Discovery is incredible as always, and new developments of Discovery X are really exciting. The people are mostly lovely and are very passionate about our Insights and the vision. Fiona Logan's new exec has very strong external experience and will be able to change an already strong business for the better, especially when we have a new operating model to scale upon.

Really looking forward to all of the European offices being more closely integrated. It's really nice to feel part of something so international.

Cons

Insights is changing very quickly, and many people don't like this. There have been quite a few key people leaving (and being asked to leave), which is a symptom of all the change and is usually necessary.

There are still groups of people in the company that are stuck in their ways and often operating without any repercussions or consequences. This is affecting staff morale in some departments. Very good people are leaving because basic concerns haven't been raised with HR- rather they're seen as a personal attack. Hopefully the new HR director can see through all of the cliques that are very much part of the 'old Insights'.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you're doing, but take the people along on the journey. Don't be afraid to tackle the old way of thinking.

Manage real talent rather than promising career development to everyone. It's not realistic that everyone will become a manager one day, but the people that do have the potential are being neglected and are becoming disaffected because of the moaning masses.

"Wish I’d found them sooner"

Current Employee - Personal Assistant in Dundee, Scotland
    Current Employee - Personal Assistant in Dundee, Scotland

I have been working at Insights full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great working conditions in modern and welcoming office space. Friendly and supportive colleagues. Management team keen to engage to improve working practices.

Cons

Thus far I don’t have any!

Advice to Management

New CEO Fiona Logan and team.....Keep up the great work!

"Great Family Atmosphere but.."

I have been working at Insights full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

I work at Insights full-time for around 4 years based out of the Dundee Terra Nova Office. (Main Headquarters)

The work atmosphere is great and there is a big sense of belonging and a "Family" away from family feel.

Cons

Salary Expectations are way off and this information can be obtained by taking 10 minutes to do a quick Job Search / Expected Salary for the same role you are doing at Insights. Underpaid is an understatement.

People are leaving because of this, and Insights are losing talent fast.

Insights say they use a Formula / System to determine the "Average" pay someone should receive for their role, which feels way off the national average. Living costs are going up, and this needs to reflect in the Salaries.

Free Fruit won't cut it.

Advice to Management

Rework the Benefits Platform, and offer a better incentive to retain talent within the company and provide an increase in Salary for your employees before it's to late.

1 Oct 2018 – Head of People Engagement

Thank you for your feedback, I’m glad that you enjoy the atmosphere and sense of belonging that we have at Insights.

I’m sorry that you feel our approach to salary and benefits is not in line with... More

"A company with so much potential"

I have been working at Insights full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

The product is great and everyone believes in it. The staff on the ground are good at their jobs and keep the wheels turning. Mostly people are smart, friendly and want the best for customers.

Cons

You could easily take away the top tier of management and productivity wouldn’t change. There is no accountability at this level, no decision making, and no consequences for being bad at your job - in fact the more BS you talk the more you get rewarded. It’s an elite circle of people telling each other how great they are, but the lower ranking staff have no faith in their abilities or intentions. And are too scared to challenge. The decisions that are made are mostly based on egos and not on what is best for the customers or the company. Salaries and benefits should all be increased for those that actually work hard and the senior leadership teams should stop believing their own hype.

Advice to Management

Put the customer first. Stop the insecure game playing. Reward and value the people that are holding the business up from the bottom and use the amazing products to be better. The company has enormous potential to be an amazing place to work.

1 Oct 2018 – Head of People Engagement

Thank you for taking the time to put up this review. At Insights our people are really important to us and it is saddening to hear that you have a low level of confidence that we are doing the best... More

"Insights is operating business with eye wide shut!"

Current Employee - Employee in Dundee, Scotland
    Current Employee - Employee in Dundee, Scotland

I have been working at Insights full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Global company is the only Pro.

Cons

The organisation offers low pay for top skills, HR says they pay by national average and use a "secret formula". They don't care about your previous skills, they will promise you all kinds of career growth and you will stay in the same role for years. There is proof of people in their "co-ordinator" role for YEARS! Senior leaders and extended leaders are always traveling to meet but no action and outcomes of meetings. No vision on business strategy, the business operates with ancient systems that do not work with each other. They will paint a pretty picture at your interviews but do not fall for it.
    The sales organisation is a failing mess!

Advice to Management

Hire QUALIFIED leaders who have experience in leading global organisations and stop trying to fool your employees that you know what you are doing-- advice for Leaders and extended leaders.

1 Oct 2018 – Head of People Engagement

Thank you for your feedback, I can see from your review that you have been with Insights for more than 5 years. In that time you will have experienced quite a lot of change with us and as a business... More

"A Toxic Culture Where Staff Do Not Feel Safe"

Current Employee - Administrative Assistant in Dundee, Scotland
    Current Employee - Administrative Assistant in Dundee, Scotland

I have been working at Insights full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Personally assessment based on Jung .
    Relaxed environment .
    Most of the staff are great people with a lot of passion and heart .

Cons

Toxic leadership .
    Staff do not feel safe.
    Lack of impact of actions amongst leadership.
    Lack of agility and accountability .
    Antiquated systems not fit for purpose .
    Current CEO is destroying the business .
    Unethical and political regime that cannot take feedback .
    Lack of vision .
    Strategic rollouts with zero planning that cause chaos.
    Cronyism and nepotism is rife.
    Salaries are a mess.
    Staff are leaving continually.
    Changes to the business are not customer centric nor does the business support and nurture employees.
    Leadership who are making decisions don’t understand or don’t care about our clients world.
    Frontline staff are left to deal with the mess.

Advice to Management

People do not feel safe, respected or valued. The Company is a mess and everyone I know is looking for another job. Stop talking about how you value the people and show them. Talk is meaningless without action it is just noise. People are disengaged and demotivated. Great people are leaving....wake up! You are now at risk of becoming a laughing stock.

1 Oct 2018 – Head of People Engagement

Thanks for taking the time to put up this review, I was disappointed to read some of your comments and we are taking these very seriously. You mention a number of things that we are working hard on... More

7. "Annon"

I have been working at Insights part-time

Pros

Personal growth and development for those who are open

Cons

Growing up with all the challenges that can bring as well as opportunities

Advice to Management

Our people creates the magic

1 Oct 2018 – Head of People Engagement

Thank you for taking the time to provide your feedback, I’m glad that you feel there are growth and development opportunities within Insights and I hope that you are continuing to enjoy your Insights... More

"Talks the talk but doesn't walk the walk"

I worked at Insights full-time

Pros

Good environment if you are in the right team!

Cons

Very little personal development which is especially poor! Old guard run the business and don't/won't listen to newer members of staff.

1 Oct 2018 – Head of People Engagement

Thank you for your feedback, I’m sorry that you didn’t feel you had the opportunity for personal development in your time with Insights. We are currently running a project across the business to... More

"Practise what you preach."

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Dundee, Scotland

I have been working at Insights full-time (More than a year)

Pros

There is so much potential within Insights. Employees are bright, switched on and full of great ideas. There’s a great team environment within some teams.

Cons

Where to start. On the surface, Insights is a great company and there’s nothing like it in Dundee. Dig a little deeper, however, and there’s plenty which could be changed.

Employee’s at Insights are dropping like flies. There’s no respect from management, pay-grades are non existent as some ‘favourites’ are paid significantly more than others for performing the same duties in the same roles. Salary is not based on experience, skill or tenure. They’re so vastly different it’s unfair. Insights is not a an equal pay or living wage employer.

As mentioned, toxic office culture is rife and nobody speaks the truth to management out of fear. Speaking out against management stunts your career, despite your skill and contribution.

Advice to Management

Realise the potential within the business.
    Introduce salary brackets and share this with the team, People talk and there are many unhappy people who have found out that they’re getting paid significantly less than colleagues.
    Invest time in the product and give employees the development they’re trying to ask for, there are so many great examples of this working for customers, why can’t it work for Insights.

1 Oct 2018 – Head of People Engagement

Thank you for taking the time to provide your feedback. We regularly review our pay and conditions and try to reward people fairly for the work that they do. At Insights we try to encourage a climate... More

"Inspiring company with an inspiring mission"

I have been working at Insights full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

A great company driven by passionate people, who believe in what they are doing

Cons

Systems are not great, but show me a company where they are!

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you are doing - living the mission.

1 Oct 2018 – Head of People Engagement

Thank you for taking the time to provide your feedback, At Insights our passionate people are what makes us a success and I’m glad you are part of this. You’re right, our systems and processes aren’t... More