Inspired Gaming Employee Reviews about "senior management"

Updated 26 Feb 2020

3.1
Inspired Gaming President and Chief Operating Officer Brooks Pierce (no image)
Brooks Pierce
Pros
  • "Flexible working hours (like a lot of companies in London)(in 8 reviews)

• "Fun and sociable people, great opportunity to travel, managers give you responsibility, flexible working hours(in 8 reviews)

Cons
  • "Execs and senior management looks down and generally ignores any staff not on their seniority level(in 5 reviews)

• "Shift work including night shifts(in 4 reviews)

Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Reviews about "senior management"

Return to all Reviews

"New management team working hard to make this a good place to work"

4.0
    Current Employee - Senior Software Engineer in Birmingham, England

I have been working at Inspired Gaming full-time

Pros

Since the old management team in the Birmingham office have been shunted out, things have been steadily improving. Junior / experienced / senior job title ranks with proper salary banding, bonus scheme, biannual office parties (Christmas one has an open bar), training opportunities, and invitations to attend development & industry conferences. Flexitime with core hours of 10am -> 4pm. The transition from the "just get it done" methodology to Agile is still in progress but we're already seeing the benefits through proper project management and accountability of when and why delays happen. The shared code base is in a pretty poor state having numerous developers contribute to it over the past 10 years, but there are new projects approved to completely re-write this and start from scratch with a modern approach for both the retail and mobile teams. All developers have an opportunity to contribute and have their say towards the overall architecture through the new "huddle" communication & chat room system. Technical knowledge and skill amongst the ground teams is generally pretty high. The vast majority of people are extremely friendly & helpful.

Cons

Not everyone is onboard or willing to contribute to the new Agile processes, as they've never had to work in a different manner before. This can lead to frustration when certain people required for a sprint retro (for instance) don't turn up. Senior management need to get more involved in these processes and make sure everyone is singing from the same hymn sheet. Previously large amounts of (unpaid) overtime have been required for certain projects. I can only speak from my own experience, but I haven't needed to put in any overtime for the past 2 years or so. Senior management seem to sign contracts with customers without considering roadmap capacity - often projects are moved or suspended in order to facilitate new work. It can be frustrating shifting from one thing to the next without finishing it.

"Don't even bother complaining"

2.0
    Former Employee - Mug in Bangor, Gwynedd, Wales

I worked at Inspired Gaming full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

The biggest bullies are management so you'll make plenty of friends. You have an excuse to wake up. And you can watch scathing reviews like this pop up then miraculously you'll see 3 or 4 more within a matter of days saying how good it is, as if its not completely obvious that it's other management from other teams lol.

Cons

Senior management will say they want to better the place and arrange meetings to hear what you have to say, but you get nothing back, it's all a character building charade to make you think they care. They couldnt give less of a damn about what you have to say about where they fail as a company. They rely on people to stick together through the difficulty and become friends like I imagine they did in the working camps in poland during WW2, then they'll gloat about how strong a team the management that everybody hates has built. Everyone is literally covered in flea bites because the carpet will never get cleaned, and if you get an electric shock from the equipment, you can be expected to sign papers confirming you had a heart attack, otherwise fail the tier system that should be about your skill level not what the company thinks of you. If you want to progress within any company as a human being, I would completely advise against this one. Theyve aold out to the yanks and changed the laws in the UK, inspired wont be UK based in 2 years time.

Continue reading

"The management are a shambles"

Former Employee - Tester

I worked at Inspired Gaming full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Flexi Time and the Christmas Party but thats about as good as it gets and I really can't think of any other Pros.

Cons

Awful Management, most dont actually seem to understand the job you are doing and therefore cannot manage correctly, the wrong people are always given the promotions just because they know how to talk rubbish to the right people, the senior management dont seem to care about losing experienced staff your made to feel like your just a number unless your one of the special select few, a lot of people working at Inspired dont seem to know how to do their own job and you wonder how they got it to start with. Very high turnover of staff most of the good people have left the company now so soon all they will be left with is an inexperienced workforce. Also the environment is far to laid back with certain people spending up to several hours a day having breaks and messing around making drinks every half an hour which infuriates the staff that actually do a good job and work hard.

"Don't waste your talents here"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Birmingham, England

I worked at Inspired Gaming full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Flexible hours Good central Birmingham location Friendly staff

Cons

-Execs and senior management looks down and generally ignores any staff not on their seniority level. They have their heads so far up in the clouds they've lost touch with reality -Bullying mentally from so called execs, the horrible attitude gets rolled down from senior level to the "worker staff" who have to jump when they are told to -Redundancies are the norm and no one bats an eyelid when it happens anymore, it's part of their culture and staff just accepts it whilst they moan about it and wait for their turn -Low morale and high staff turn over -creativity is stamped on and dissolved because deadlines are more important than quality or standards -no real talent left, just the ones who have lost all their confidence to find their way out, so they stay and wait to be pushed (made redundant) -no training or development whatsoever

Inspired Gaming Response

February 4, 2018VP Software Development & VP People & Organisational Development

Your comments are all noted, we need feedback; good or bad, to help us to develop our business and we ourselves are very much focussed in some of the areas you have highlighted. I would like to say though, that bullying is not tolerated in any way shape or form at Inspired and we have a strong mutual respect policy and grievance channels to bring any issues in front of the management team. If you would like to discuss this in confidence - please do contact us at HR@inseinc.com.

"Terrible company for retaining - the pits"

Current Employee - Developer in Birmingham, England
    No Opinion of CEO

I have been working at Inspired Gaming full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Great if you land in the right department/project, which is entirely down to luck. If you're lucky - flexible working, good work/life balance.

Cons

Over the years, I have seen many talented people walk out the door over solvable issues. Most related to inept management styles. the way they deal with people is shocking at times, considering they are the meat of the business. Senior management trend to hire 3 newbies instead of investing in current staff

Viewing 1 - 4 of 5 English Reviews