Instinct Resourcing Reviews

Current Employee, less than 1 year

Fun place to work!

May 17, 2021 - Talent Executive in Manchester, England, England
    Business Outlook

Pros

Instinct is a fun place to work, full of lively characters making the days enjoyable. The managers provide lots of incentives to help you work towards your goals including monthly, all expenses paid, lunch clubs across the city! I am a total new comer to recruitment and have been pleasantly surprised by the job and I think this is definitely down to the company. The team supports your professional development from day one - showing how you can progress at Instinct, and as long as you work hard promotions seem to be very achievable. What is very encouraging is that they reward you for other factors not just sales. For instance, activity achieved each week and monthly rewards such as ‘Brand Representative’ of the month. This helps with motivation - especially when you may have struggled to hit sales targets for the month. At Instinct there is a real sense of team work, so many of the staff me members are more than willing to put aside time to help each other. This has been so valuable, helping me learn fast and make great working relationships with the team. A really rewarding and enjoyable job at a great company!

Cons

This isn’t a con if you aren’t afraid to work hard -but to do well here you must be willing to put the effort in to achieve your goals. However if you do, this is most definitely rewarded.

Be the first to find this review helpful

Director

It's so lovely to hear that you are enjoying your time with Instinct and that you've been made to feel welcome and the team are supporting your training and development requirements. Thanks for taking time to post a review, and all the very best for a hugely successful future with the company!👍

2. 5.0
    Current Employee

Life at Instinct

Mar 8, 2021 - Recruitment Consultant in Manchester, England, England
    Business Outlook

Pros

Pleasant working environment, nice people and good career opportunities

Cons

No cons for life at Instinct

Be the first to find this review helpful

Director

Thank you very much for your review - Best of luck for every success with Instinct!

3. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year

Not your usual Recruitment Company - Best decision I ever made!!

Feb 26, 2021 - Recruitment Consultant in Manchester, England, England
    Business Outlook

Pros

A brilliant company to work for! Not your usual recruitment company, enjoyable rewarding work and a fantastic team - can't recommend enough. Unbelievable rewards like Lunch Club, Super tips and Commission bonus's. A team that get's on so well and Managers that will always help you out.

Cons

There are none - nothing I would change.

Director

Great to hear joining Instinct was the best decision you ever made! We've worked hard to build a team of like minded individuals who aspire for more, and have developed a culture that rewards hard work and success - it's fantastic to to see you have recognised that so early in your tenure with Instinct. Good luck for the future, and the banter thing is entirely reciprocal!! 😊

4. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year

Great company to work for

Feb 26, 2021 - Higher Education Talent Manager in Manchester City Centre, England, England
    Business Outlook

Pros

There is fantastic team culture. It's a huge cliche but I genuinely do get on with everyone here and the socials are brilliant. Mike and Matt have really looked after me since starting. I started at Instinct two months before the uncertainty of COVID started and they both handled the situation in an exemplary fashion. They always offer advice, and they really do reward hard work (I have been promoted twice in my first year!)

Cons

No cons at this moment in time.

Director

Huge credit to you for achieving 2x promotions during 2020 (not your usual year) and specifically in your first year with Instinct, it's an incredible achievement! Congratulations and all the best for your future with the company - big things await you!

5. 5.0
    Former Employee

Fantastic Place to Work!

Jan 25, 2019 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

I worked at Instinct for nearly five years and enjoyed every minute of my time there! I joined the company with no prior recruitment experience but was able to hit the ground running very quickly after being trained and coached by both Directors, who were very hands-on and involved in developing their staff and had expert knowledge of the sector that the company specialises in. Over time, Matt & Mike developed a friendly, relaxed company culture, with a strong set of values, where everyone knew what was expected of them on a daily basis, so there was no micro-management. Throughout my time there, they continued to be on hand to provide advice and guidance and were really passionate about growing the company from within and developing you as a person, as well as an employee. You were also given the freedom to choose how you wanted your career to develop. The rest of the team were also a pleasure to work with and everyone got on very well. By the time I left, the team were consistently achieving personal and team incentives, which led to a number of trips abroad, award ceremonies and weekends away, all expenses paid! I left Instinct due to a relocation and was fully supported by both Directors, who helped make a stressful process a lot easier through their help and flexibility, which I'm extremely grateful for.

Cons

Due to an abundance of sweet treats that are constantly in the office, it may be difficult to maintain a healthy BMI...

3 people found this review helpful

Director

Whilst this is an anonymous review, obviously we know who you are! We 'd like to take this opportunity to thank you, not only for the review but for all the effort and energy that you put in to helping us create the culture that we have today. 5 years is a long tenure of continuous employment and you were integral in the development of the business over this period, enjoying many of the reward incentives along the way. We miss you, but wish you well - thanks and all the very best for the future!

6. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 5 years

Rewarding & grown up!

Jan 25, 2019 - Director in Manchester, England, England
    Business Outlook

Pros

The culture at Instinct is absolutely superb - it's aspirational, supportive and forward thinking. The office is a beautiful place to work - ultra modern, climate controlled, cloud technology, break out areas, pool room, personal lockers, shower room, sonos system throughout... etc etc. I couldn't ask for a nicer place to earn my living. This is by far the nicest company and office environment I've ever worked in. The rewards, social events, charity fund raising and other perks are amazing, and just enhance the company's reputation further. The team here are just great, everyone has a similar outlook, all very ambitious yet everyone support and encourage each other, hence our extremely low staff turnover. We win lots of awards and all celebrate our success together. It really is a TEAM environment.

Cons

Make no mistake about it, this job is not easy. If you are expecting an easy ride, then Instinct and a career in recruitment just isn't for you. Instinct have extremely high standards. Although this is a good thing, it can create high pressure as offering anything other than impeccable service isn't tolerated. As a small business, everyone is accountable for the role and responsibilities on a day to day basis- there is no hiding place. This is not a 'con' for me, but it will be for some.

Director

That's a lovely review of our company, thank you so much for the feedback and for appreciating the supportive, successful and rewarding culture that we have created within the business. We are delighted that you think the company is fabulous - long may it continue together with your personal success! Good luck!

7. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 5 years

Recruitment Consultant

Jul 11, 2018 - Recruitment Consultant
    Business Outlook

Pros

I came to join Instinct five years ago, shortly after graduating from University. Having never worked in a sales capacity in the past and having recently relocated, I was a little apprehensive, but from my first day I was made to feel right at home. The one thing that I immediately noticed was the positive atmosphere and ambition amongst the team. You are given the opportunity to determine your own career path and are provided with all the necessary training and development opportunities to achieve your ambitions. The company genuinely care about your personal goals and success (which always helps)! The overarching positive about Instinct is the company culture. Everyone within the team looks out for each other more experienced members of staff are always on hand to offer a helping hand when needed. In addition to that the; Incentive trips, lunch clubs and monthly socials mean I couldn’t recommend Instinct highly enough!

Cons

None that I can think of!

Director

What lovely words, thank you so much. As you will know having been employed with Instinct for over 5 years, it means a great deal to us to see our team develop themselves to achieve their personal and professional ambitions. It therefore gives us great joy to read this review and obtain this feedback. Keep up the great work and good luck!

8. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 3 years

Great place to work

Jun 20, 2018 - Recruiter in Manchester, England, England
    Business Outlook

Pros

I've worked at the company for over 3 years and have found it a great place to work, fantastic team, great socials, lunch clubs and an amazing office environment. It's hard work but pays off.

Cons

None- all good .

Director

Thanks for your review of Instinct - it's really pleasing to hear that you are enjoying yourself at Instinct and importantly progressing your career with the company. We've worked hard to create a super culture for ambitious people to thrive in, so to hear this feedback is excellent. Thank you and best of luck to the next 3 years!

9. 4.0
    Former Employee, more than 1 year

It's not easy but it pays off

Jun 3, 2018 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

When I started at instinct I was really surprised how friendly and welcoming all the staff were, I was taken on a night out with the team before I even started and it just felt like a great place to work from the off. Both Matt and Wardy are always up for a laugh and we had lots of really fun socials in my time there. It is clear that if you are willing to put in the graft there is plenty of money to be made and rewards to be taken, even though it is only a small and relatively new business, there's some people doing seriously well there.

Cons

I dont know that this should really even be a "con" but instinct is a place where people who knuckle down and put the work in do well, and those that dont and spend their days on facebook and moaning don't do well. When I started I got off to a really good start and was rewarded, however my heart was never really in it and this began to show in my performance. I never really felt under an unfair amount of pressure though, this is recruitment, we all knew what we signed up for. The radio choices were sometimes awful - especially Wardy's Sometimes the feedback could be abit more constructive and a little less public

2 people found this review helpful

Director

Hello and thank you for your review. We value the pragmatic and balanced feedback which you have provided here. Super news that you were made to feel so welcome upon joining the team and that you felt that you had such good training during your tenure. Whilst you didn’t feel your future career laid within the recruitment sector, we are pleased you enjoyed initial success during your time with Instinct. You’ll be pleased to hear that since moving to our super new offices where we have an integrated sonos system, we now have a playlists selected by each and everyone one of the team, so no more dreadful radio stations!! Thanks again for our review and all the best for the future.

10. 5.0
    Current Employee

Brilliant place to work!

Mar 6, 2018 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

I have been working at Instinct for over a year now and can honestly say it’s a fantastic place to work. Having not worked for a Recruitment agency before, there was a lot for me to learn about the industry but Mike, Matt and the whole team were very supportive and made me feel extremely welcome from day one. The team here are amazing, we all work hard but we still have time to enjoy lots of laughter and fun together, making it a great working environment for us all. This also includes going out on monthly socials, a fun Christmas party and some amazing incentive trips, we really are very lucky!!

Cons

Nothing to say - all good

Director

A ‘Brilliant place to work’ - that is exactly what we aspired for our staff to feel whilst working at instinct, so for you to write that on an anonymous review fills us with pride. A welcoming environment, supportive, fun, hard work, great rewards – this gives each and every individual that we recruit the opportunity to excel and flourish, and evidently you are which is wonderful. Thank you for your review and best of luck for your future.

Viewing 1 - 10 of 22 Reviews